9
907914
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So...is it that Georgetown only rejects good applicants or something...?I felt Jalby-leveled bad a-- after getting that R
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So...is it that Georgetown only rejects good applicants or something...?I felt Jalby-leveled bad a-- after getting that R
So...is it that Georgetown only rejects good applicants or something...?
Can confirm: also rejected by GeorgetownSo...is it that Georgetown only rejects good applicants or something...?
To add a third data point I can submit for the lawlz and see if I get an R? Literally no intent in going there...will they hate me since my AS is from George Washington?....nah, not worth the hundo.Can confirm: also rejected by Georgetown
Not worth the money tbh. They def haven't reviewed my app yet, but I'm not hopeful hahTo add a third data point I can submit for the lawlz and see if I get an R? Literally no intent in going there...will they hate me since my AS is from George Washington?....nah, not worth the hundo.
Not worth the money tbh. They def haven't reviewed my app yet, but I'm not hopeful hah
So...is it that Georgetown only rejects good applicants or something...?
That sounds like some bull**** to me if I ever heard it. And here I thought Mayo was needy.It was mostly because they say at the interview (or at least they did) that they will waitlist like 90% of the people there and they expect 5 LOIs spaced out in a certain interval. And they went over it for a while and then basically spent the entire time talking about how amazing they are and charged a billion dollars for the secondary.
Curious what y'all think about this... couple people in the UTMB - Galveston thread said their interviewers could see in their file (and mentioned to them) what other Texas schools they had interviewed at. First I've ever heard of anything like this. Seems a little awkward, kinda like being on a date and the dude mentioning he knew all the other dudes you're dating at the same time and you just gotta be like "Well... I'm here with you now..."![]()
Lovely surprise running into you in the airport, even though I was half asleep!If there is one thing I won't miss about interview season, is having to get up at ungodly hours for flights 😏
Same! Nice to see you again lol, good luck!Lovely surprise running into you in the airport, even though I was half asleep!
(We’re on our way to different interviews).
Previous interview together!How do y'all know what each other look like?
The top tier applicants are secretly a cabal of Illuminati trying to influence medical science from the inside, so obviously they know each other from the meetings.How do y'all know what each other look like?
The Emperor of All MaladiesWhat are you reading? I’m in a book lull!
I’m not gonna miss getting in an uber home at 2 am and trying to get to class in the morning hahaIf there is one thing I won't miss about interview season, is having to get up at ungodly hours for flights 😏
I’m not gonna miss getting in an uber home at 2 am and trying to get to class in the morning haha
Update: Got into Boston 8 AM. Just want to sleep, but hotel won't let me check in till 3 PMInterview season is exhausting. I've been averaging around 5 hours of sleep a night due to getting behind in classes. I've also steadily gained some weight due to weird awake/sleep cycles. I hope I still look decent once this is all over.
I’m still on my flight. LolUpdate: Got into Boston 8 AM. Just want to sleep, but hotel won't let me check in till 3 PM![]()
Reason 528 I didn't apply to CA schoolsI’m still on my flight. Lol
I have had my fill of long flightsUpdate: Got into Boston 8 AM. Just want to sleep, but hotel won't let me check in till 3 PM![]()
If I had my car I would be there lolHang out with me in the lesser city in my tiny state right under you.
I’ll be living near you soon!Hang out with me in the lesser city in my tiny state right under you.
Don't know why you'd willingly live near hereI’ll be living near you soon!
Oh cool! I pass by New Haven and Stamford every time I take the train down for NYC interviews (or go home xD).It’s Connecticut and it’s because my PI got a cool job.
I’ll be living about an hour east of New Haven.Oh cool! I pass by New Haven and Stamford every time I take the train down for NYC interviews (or go home xD).
Get JP licks and beard papas! If I weren’t flying out of our dumpster airport today, I’d totally make the trip if only for that haha.Hanging out at a library while I wait for my room (been a while since I have been to a public library...) and I noticed a special "sensitive subjects" and section area reference sheet on bathroom stalls. Never really thought of that, but it makes sense! Anyone else notice things like that, that you would never think of but make sense?
Always a fan of recommendations, may have to check it out tonightGet JP licks and beard papas! If I weren’t flying out of our dumpster airport today, I’d totally make the trip if only for that haha.
Thanks!!If you are at Harvard then I have some awesome Thai food to recommend. If you are not at Harvard, sorry can’t helpAlways a fan of recommendations, may have to check it out tonightThanks!!
I literally only know what is within the 6 blocks south of HMS and on the Cambridge Campus.He’s in the same city...
Might be worth the Uber for good Thai food!I literally only know what is within the 6 blocks south of HMS and on the Cambridge Campus.

Alright! I don’t even remember the name of it, but the Thai restaurant just to the left of Penguin Pizza in Brookline
I’ve heard they have CURRY, which is not just a spice, but also a dish.![]()
It is a sushi and Thai place. Everything was greatI’ve heard they have CURRY, which is not just a spice, but also a dish.![]()
I’ve heard they have CURRY, which is not just a spice, but also a dish.![]()
Is there another medical school in Brookline? I really don’t know The Boston New York or Chicago schools LOL I just applied to the best school (financial aid wise) in each of the cities and then ignore the rest.Lol I am in Brookline sooooo
NOW you are talking 😍😍😍😍
It is a sushi and Thai place. Everything was great
Oh dang I am a fan of the sushi as well. What did you get??Is there another medical school in Brookline? I really don’t know The Boston New York or Chicago schools LOL I just applied to the best school (financial aid wise) in each of the cities and then ignore the rest.
Even though it’s been stated thousands of times that applications aren’t necessarily reviewed in chronological order.
Oh yes, I am well aware. People just need something to latch on to.Even though it’s been stated thousands of times that applications aren’t necessarily reviewed in chronological order.
'Round these parts we just call it BU, and good luck! BMC serves a really interesting population, I think they actually probably have a pretty unique experience for their students. Also I'm gonna go ahead and say there is definitely a lot of better food around than that thai place, depending on what you're looking for. (Not that it wasn't good, it was)Oh dang I am a fan of the sushi as well. What did you get??
And I am in town for Boston U, the place I am staying was cheaper than a hotel lol (Beacon Inn, for anyone interviewing in the future. ~130 as opposed to ~230 and up for hotels)
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.