-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*
Started by mmmcdowe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
9
907914
My boy gabriel (I am making up a name because the 'at' button stopped working on my computer so I can't tag raptor man) likes his thai.'Round these parts we just call it BU, and good luck! BMC serves a really interesting population, I think they actually probably have a pretty unique experience for their students. Also I'm gonna go ahead and say there is definitely a lot of better food around than that thai place, depending on what you're looking for. (Not that it wasn't good, it was)
9
907914
Don't those suck? I have had to do that for every damn interview!Finally landed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9
907914
While you are there, casually ask about when they review KH scholars applicants....you know.....for a friend.
I'm at the Thai place rn Gonna be honest. It's OK'Round these parts we just call it BU, and good luck! BMC serves a really interesting population, I think they actually probably have a pretty unique experience for their students. Also I'm gonna go ahead and say there is definitely a lot of better food around than that thai place, depending on what you're looking for. (Not that it wasn't good, it was)
Raleigh really does have good food
BRUH you actually just called me outMy boy gabriel (I am making up a name because the 'at' button stopped working on my computer so I can't tag raptor man) likes his thai.
OMG
idc but like BRUH HOW
9
907914
I made up a nameBRUH you actually just called me out
OMGidc but like BRUH HOW
9
907914
Is Gabriel your name?!?I made up a name
9
907914
I LITERALLY PULLED A NAME OUT OF MY ASS. IF YOUR NAME IS GABRIEL THEN MY EGO RETURNS AND I AM A GOD.Is Gabriel your name?!?
Have you and embryonal been chatting about me cause......I made up a name
thats my name
9
907914
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA I LEGIIT MADE IT UP!!!!! Back me up here Embryo.....Have you and embryonal been chatting about me cause......
thats my name
DARK MAGICI LITERALLY PULLED A NAME OUT OF MY ASS. IF YOUR NAME IS GABRIEL THEN MY EGO RETURNS AND I AM A GOD.
You joined the ranks of the self dox?? That's @Mr. Dr. Prof. Patrick's job.I swear I didn’t dox anyone other than myself
9
907914
I think he is referencing exchanging pictures, secondaries, his location all that jazz. He forgot to turn off his name when we were exchanging secondaries lol I know like.....30 SDNers full names that way.You joined the ranks of the self dox?? That's @Mr. Dr. Prof. Patrick's job.
Basically why I don't care that Pat pulled my name out of nowhere. If an adcom wanted to find me out. They couldNot to the same extent but anyone who cared enough could figure out who I am.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not to the same extent but anyone who cared enough could figure out who I am.
Same sameBasically why I don't care that Pat pulled my name out of nowhere. If an adcom wanted to find me out. They could![]()
9
907914
Seriously though, it only takes like 15 minutes of searching to find someone IRL on here. Literally, if you were an ADCOM and someone made a WAMC thread....boom, done.Basically why I don't care that Pat pulled my name out of nowhere. If an adcom wanted to find me out. They could![]()
What's more impressive is that that is not your standard 'I don't know the name so I'm gonna pull out a super common boy's name' kind of name. i.e. a john, bob, dave.I'm more in awe than anything
Hence my suspicionWhat's more impressive is that that is not your standard 'I don't know the name so I'm gonna pull out a super common boy's name' kind of name. i.e. a john, bob, dave.
Now I'm kinda curious what else Pat could guess up about me
9
907914
Seriously though, legit picked a random ass name hahahaWhat's more impressive is that that is not your standard 'I don't know the name so I'm gonna pull out a super common boy's name' kind of name. i.e. a john, bob, dave.
I mean.....You are half hispanic, half (german?), from Alabama, and you do a lot of research involving crocodiles, your parents own a seafood restraunt....Hence my suspicion
Now I'm kinda curious what else Pat could guess up about me
Is your favorite color Red? Not like blood red, but like a slightly crimson red with a sheen to it.
D
deleted1009115
I’m three blocks from the Thai place should I go creep
Incorrect on the AL my man. Where do you think Raleigh isSeriously though, legit picked a random ass name hahaha
I mean.....You are half hispanic, half (german?), from Alabama, and you do a lot of research involving crocodiles, your parents own a seafood restraunt....
Is your favorite color Red? Not like blood red, but like a slightly crimson red with a sheen to it.
unfortunately red is incorrect as well, although it is one of my UG's colors!Ok but also my dad's side does have German far back in it rip
*types 'fried fish restaurant, raleigh, croc research, alabama, latino' into google*Seriously though, legit picked a random ass name hahaha
I mean.....You are half hispanic, half (german?), from Alabama, and you do a lot of research involving crocodiles, your parents own a seafood restraunt....
Is your favorite color Red? Not like blood red, but like a slightly crimson red with a sheen to it.
Not getting anything so far boss.
9
907914
I meant North Carolina, totally.....Didn't catch the Raleigh part lol Wait...who do I know on here that was Alabama....Oh yah, that was...Clamshell maybe? I don't even know. As a PNWer, everything south of the 36'30" is all blended together to me, except texas and florida.Incorrect on the AL my man. Where do you think Raleigh isunfortunately red is incorrect as well, although it is one of my UG's colors!
Ok but also my dad's side does have German far back in it rip
9
907914
You should, but TBH we all know you are going to take the bus and take 30 minutes to travel 3 blocks.I’m three blocks from the Thai place should I go creep
D
deleted1009115
brutalYou should, but TBH we all know you are going to take the bus and take 30 minutes to travel 3 blocks.
Yoooo I'm getting Indian tonight if you wanna joinI’m three blocks from the Thai place should I go creep
Close enoughI meant North Carolina, totally.....Didn't catch the Raleigh part lol Wait...who do I know on here that was Alabama....Oh yah, that was...Clamshell maybe? I don't even know. As a PNWer, everything south of the 36'30" is all blended together to me, except texas and florida.
at this point you definitely have enough info to find me I imagine
D
deleted1009115
Where are you going!Yoooo I'm getting Indian tonight if you wanna join
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9
907914
I will add you to the Boston squad PM group. Group meetup 2.0. I won't be there, but URaptor will be.Yoooo I'm getting Indian tonight if you wanna join
No ideaWhere are you going!![]()
still need to see which ones are good. Unless you know some?
D
deleted1009115
No ideastill need to see which ones are good. Unless you know some?
Last edited by a moderator:
Lemme do some digging, my Postdoc is Tamil. I did do something colossally stupid this morning though, so she might just say India Quality Restaurant and tell me to go away
D
deleted1009115
what did you do 😵Lemme do some digging, my Postdoc is Tamil. I did do something colossally stupid this morning though, so she might just say India Quality Restaurant and tell me to go away
I added undigested pcdna backbone to my PCR products because.... well I’m not entirely sure why but the look I got was somewhere between bewilderment and disappointment so that was pretty goodwhat did you do 😵
D
deleted972488
As someone who has mentored many people in lab, we usually blame ourselves for not being good enough teachers when our mentees make mistakes. Or maybe that’s just me.I added undigested pcdna backbone to my PCR products because.... well I’m not entirely sure why but the look I got was somewhere between bewilderment and disappointment so that was pretty good
Lol whenever I mess up my PI usually just says I'm disappointing soAs someone who has mentored many people in lab, we usually blame ourselves for not being good enough teachers when our mentees make mistakes. Or maybe that’s just me.

Yeah my Postdoc is great I swear like I’ve ran enough PCR successfully in the last 14 months that I shouldn’t be making mistakes like thatAs someone who has mentored many people in lab, we usually blame ourselves for not being good enough teachers when our mentees make mistakes. Or maybe that’s just me.

D
deleted927529
So true. When I was being trained and would mess up my mentor would always shift blame to himself, so now that I have my own trainees I do the same lolAs someone who has mentored many people in lab, we usually blame ourselves for not being good enough teachers when our mentees make mistakes. Or maybe that’s just me.
9
907914
I have never messed up in the lab. I want this positive feedback y'all are getting.....
D
deleted1009115
I have the opposite problem. I hear the phrase “why didn’t I think of that” from my PI on a weekly basis 

D
deleted972488
I have never messed up in the lab. I want this positive feedback y'all are getting.....
Really? Never made a mistake? LA TEE DA!I have the opposite problem. I hear the phrase “why didn’t I think of that” from my PI on a weekly basis![]()
Yeah WTF guys I have like two non-failures in 14 months let me get into your labsReally? Never made a mistake? LA TE DA!
Pretty sure I messed up my first day in labReally? Never made a mistake? LA TEE DA!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9
907914
Not since high school when I dropped a gallon of 12 Molar HCL and evacuated the school:Really? Never made a mistake? LA TE DA!
Chemical spill cancels school at Lewis & Clark
Students and staff at Lewis and Clark High School were sent home for the day after a jug of hydrochloric acid was spilled down a stairwell this afternoon.
If there is one thing I won't miss about interview season, is having to get up at ungodly hours for flights 😏
Yeah. When you get into med school you get to wake up at ungodly hours for lots of other things.
D
deleted1009115
I’m not in a wet lab anymore! When I was in a wet lab everything I did was a mistakeReally? Never made a mistake? LA TEE DA!
D
deleted972488
Ok, well that is a pretty big mistake, at least.Not since high school when I dropped a gallon of 12 Molar HCL and evacuated the school:
![]()
Chemical spill cancels school at Lewis & Clark
Students and staff at Lewis and Clark High School were sent home for the day after a jug of hydrochloric acid was spilled down a stairwell this afternoon.www.spokesman.com
No mistakes = haven’t done enough lab work. Even after doing for research for 7 years full time I still make mistakes every now and then.
9
907914
Lol do remember that I come from a laboratory environment as a profession. Undergraduate wet labs are relatively low stakes when it compared to working with patient samples.Yeah WTF guys I have like two non-failures in 14 months let me get into your labs
Similar threads
- Replies
- 87
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 620
- Views
- 108K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K