Official Rejections c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starling144

UC Davis c/o 2020
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
...Too soon? Maybe.

Let's kick it off regardless!
Just include your username, mode of rejection (e.g. email, snail mail, portal), and the date you received your rejection.

UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

University of California:

Colorado State University:

Cornell University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Iowa State University:

Kansas State University:

Lincoln Memorial University:

Louisiana State University:

Michigan State University:

Midwestern University:

University of Minnesota:

Mississippi State University:

University of Missouri:

North Carolina State University:

Ohio State University:

Oklahoma State University:

Oregon State University:

University of Pennsylvania:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

Virginia-Maryland Regional College:

Washington State University:

Western University of Health Sciences:

University of Wisconsin:

CANADA:

University of Calgary (Alberta):

University of Guelph (Ontario):

University of Montreal (Quebec):

University of Prince Edward Island [Atlantic; AVC] (PEI):

University of Saskatchewan [Western] (Saskatchewan):

UNITED KINGDOM:

Royal Veterinary College (England):

University College Dublin (Ireland):

University of Edinburgh (Scotland):

University of Glasgow (Scotland):

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND:

Massey University (New Zealand):

University of Melbourne (Australia):

Murdoch University (Australia):

University of Queensland (Australia):

University of Sydney (Australia):

THE ISLANDS:

Ross University (St. Kitts):

St. George's University (Grenada):

St. Matthew's University (Cayman Islands)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't like this thread :( I want everyone to get accepted. Lol.

Reactions: 9 users
Well, someone's gotta start it off :p

UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

Cornell University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Iowa State University:

Kansas State University:

Louisiana State University: (Devastating, portal, 11/9)

Midwestern University:

University of Minnesota:

University of Missouri:

Ohio State University:

Oregon State University:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

University of Wisconsin:

CANADA:

UNITED KINGDOM:

Royal Veterinary College (England):

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND:

THE ISLANDS:

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm going to officially claim this as a thing: If you "like" rejection posts, what you are really saying is you feel for the person and wanna give them the equivalent of a SDN hug without creating the string of "sorry" posts. So feel free to "like" a rejection and take it as a bit of love from your SDN pals!

Reactions: 17 users
Me so bitter. :hilarious:

UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

Cornell University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Iowa State University:

Kansas State University:

Louisiana State University: (Devastating, portal, 11/9)

Midwestern University:

University of Minnesota:

University of Missouri:

Ohio State University:

Oregon State University:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

University of Wisconsin:

CANADA:

UNITED KINGDOM:

Royal Veterinary College (England): (wheelin2vetmed, see RANT thread, 11/3)

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND:

THE ISLANDS:

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

Cornell University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Iowa State University:

Kansas State University:

Louisiana State University: (Devastating, portal, 11/9)(batsenecal, portal, 11/9)

Midwestern University:

University of Minnesota:

University of Missouri:

Ohio State University:

Oregon State University:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

Western University of Health Sciences: (batsenecal, email, 11/19)

University of Wisconsin:

CANADA:

UNITED KINGDOM:

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND:

THE ISLANDS:

Reactions: 6 users
So I'm going to officially claim this as a thing: If you "like" rejection posts, what you are really saying is you feel for the person and wanna give them the equivalent of a SDN hug without creating the string of "sorry" posts. So feel free to "like" a rejection and take it as a bit of love from your SDN pals!

I love the amount love here :')

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2609-1366388566-0.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing says I love you like a Corgi Butt :D

93d83a8dcd21bb1a44506ede0774aecc.jpg

D'awwwwwwwwww! :love:

Speaking of which, I like to dress up my Corgi's butt:

tumblr_nqm1ef2Inh1unv7meo1_1280.jpg

Aw yeah! She's stylin :cool:

Hope that brightens you people's day ^_^

Reactions: 6 users
UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

University of California: ([\B]vetskoldreama, portal 11/16[\B])

Cornell University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Iowa State University:

Kansas State University:

Louisiana State University: (Devastating, portal, 11/9)(batsenecal, portal, 11/9)([\B]vetskoldreama, portal 11/9[/B])

Midwestern University:

University of Minnesota:

University of Missouri:

Ohio State University:

Oregon State University:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

University of Wisconsin:

CANADA:

UNITED KINGDOM:

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND:

THE ISLANDS:

Hopefully one of them will accept you! :)

How many did you get interviews with?

I'm hoping too! lol. No interviews yet, but two schools (CSU and OrSU) don't interview and only KSU and Wazzou has started sending out interview invites out of my list of schools. The other two no one has heard a peep from (Illinois, Minnesota).

I'm not super confident after the rejection from Western, so I am already planning out what I'm going to do if I don't get in (again). So not super worried, though not thrilled either. lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm hoping too! lol. No interviews yet, but two schools (CSU and OrSU) don't interview and only KSU and Wazzou has started sending out interview invites out of my list of schools. The other two no one has heard a peep from (Illinois, Minnesota).

I'm not super confident after the rejection from Western, so I am already planning out what I'm going to do if I don't get in (again). So not super worried, though not thrilled either. lol.

Yeah, I can see how being rejected from Western would bring your confidence down :( That's the least competitive American school, right?

But then again, you never know ;) Somebody could be super confident and get rejected everywhere and not confident and get accepted.

Yeah, I can see how being rejected from Western would bring your confidence down :( That's the least competitive American school, right?

I would say that all schools are highly, highly competitive. The newer ones are a little less competitive, but still very competitive and difficult to get in to!

I would say that all schools are highly, highly competitive. The newer ones are a little less competitive, but still very competitive and difficult to get in to!

I agree with this, but with a caveat. The difference for the newer schools is that they probably have an average accepted GPA of 3.6, give or take, but so many of those higher GPA people go to other schools they're accepted to since they're more established. So while the newer schools are probably just as competitive, you probably have a higher chance of being accepted with lesser stats to the newer schools just on the merit that those with better stats will go with a more established school.

I agree with this, but with a caveat. The difference for the newer schools is that they probably have an average accepted GPA of 3.6, give or take, but so many of those higher GPA people go to other schools they're accepted to since they're more established. So while the newer schools are probably just as competitive, you probably have a higher chance of being accepted with lesser stats to the newer schools just on the merit that those with better stats will go with a more established school.

Yes! I'm not 100% sure how it works with other schools, but I think the newer ones accept more people than normal because they know that not everyone who gets accepted will end up attending. It of course depends on other things such as experience, essays, etc. since the school is trying to build a class and not just admit everyone with super high stats (like most other schools too).
Also, I am not too concerned with other schools that are "more established", that could be a good thing and a bad thing IMO. But, I am concerned about the money aspect and would have to accept an offer if I get one from my IS, whether I like the school better or not.

Also, I am not too concerned with other schools that are "more established", that could be a good thing and a bad thing IMO. But, I am concerned about the money aspect and would have to accept an offer if I get one from my IS, whether I like the school better or not.

I guess I come from a different perspective. The way I look at it, I don't feel like I'll like a program so much more than another one that I'll be willing to pay more for it. A DVM is a DVM. Four years at a school is nothing compared to extra debt for the next ten or fifteen years (to me).

I guess I come from a different perspective. The way I look at it, I don't feel like I'll like a program so much more than another one that I'll be willing to pay more for it. A DVM is a DVM. Four years at a school is nothing compared to extra debt for the next ten or fifteen years (to me).

I completely understand this! I have been struggling with deciding "what's worth it", but in the end, I guess that a cheaper price of a school outweighs any other pros to extremely more expensive schools.

I lived in the town where my IS is for 2 years and really hated it... I didn't feel like I "fit in" with the town culture and never really integrated well into the university community at all. So, if I got in to my IS and had to move back, I would be SO HAPPY to have gotten in, but at the same time I would have to move back to a place that I didn't feel a part of. I had friends, was part of clubs, had a job, volunteered, etc but I just didn't feel right living there. It's hard to explain, but I have come to the realization that I would be in school so much that I probably wouldn't spend too much time off campus or away from home anyways. So, it would be totally worth it to go there and save all that money, plus the school is amazing. But, MWU for example is in Phoenix and living there would be really cool.

Edit: MWU is near Phoenix!

Last edited:
After going to undergrad in a town of 5,000 people, I absolutely hate being in any town of greater than 30,000 or so. So I get you. No matter where I go, I would have to be in a town of at least 60,000 or more. Which is so disgusting. lol.

I completely understand this! I have been struggling with deciding "what's worth it", but in the end, I guess that a cheaper price of a school outweighs any other pros to extremely more expensive schools.

I lived in the town where my IS is for 2 years and really hated it... I didn't feel like I "fit in" with the town culture and never really integrated well into the university community at all. So, if I got in to my IS and had to move back, I would be SO HAPPY to have gotten in, but at the same time I would have to move back to a place that I didn't feel a part of. I had friends, was part of clubs, had a job, volunteered, etc but I just didn't feel right living there. It's hard to explain, but I have come to the realization that I would be in school so much that I probably wouldn't spend too much time off campus or away from home anyways. So, it would be totally worth it to go there and save all that money, plus the school is amazing. But, MWU for example is in Phoenix and living there would be really cool.
MWU is actually in Glendale, AZ which is 30 min away from Phoenix, AZ. Glendale is really nice though has every restaurant and store you could imagine. MWU is pricey though since it's a private university.

After going to undergrad in a town of 5,000 people, I absolutely hate being in any town of greater than 30,000 or so. So I get you. No matter where I go, I would have to be in a town of at least 60,000 or more. Which is so disgusting. lol.

That's so funny! I like big cities and small towns, but not TOO big or TOO small lol. It's only 4 years though, we will be okay no matter where we end up!

MWU is actually in Glendale, AZ which is 30 min away from Phoenix, AZ. Glendale is really nice though has every restaurant and store you could imagine. MWU is pricey though since it's a private university.

Oops! I knew that, my bad! :smack:

Glendale is often considered a part of Phoenix. There are lots of cities up there, Chandler, Tempe, Gilbert, Glendale, etc, but they are often just grouped together as the "Phoenix Area" so calling it a part of Phoenix really isn't that much of a stretch. :)

Glendale is often considered a part of Phoenix. There are lots of cities up there, Chandler, Tempe, Gilbert, Glendale, etc, but they are often just grouped together as the "Phoenix Area" so calling it a part of Phoenix really isn't that much of a stretch. :)

Denver is like that. The "Denver Metro Area" is Denver, Aurora, Centennial, Englewood...... and so on..... so.... much...... city............

Pullman is tiny! Like, 30,000 people I thought? And surrounding towns are even smaller. Moscow is 20 something thousand.

Pullman is tiny! Like, 30,000 people I thought? And surrounding towns are even smaller. Moscow is 20 something thousand.

I stand corrected!! I totally thought Pullman was around 55 or 60k! (obviously shows how much I researched the actual towns the vet schools are in).

Well I was born in a small town. And I can breathe in a small town.

Reactions: 3 users
It's a small world after all...

Unless you go to Upenn, then it's a VMD :p

Why is Upenn the hipster of the bunch? xD

SHE TOOK THE MIDNIGHT TRAIN GOIN ANYWHERE

JUST A CITY BOY, BORN AND RAISED IN SOUTH DETROIT

(thread effectively hijacked; we might want to move our Journey carols over to the Random thread......)

JUST A CITY BOY, BORN AND RAISED IN SOUTH DETROIT

(thread effectively hijacked; we might want to move our Journey carols over to the Random thread......)
Which is a place that doesn't exist.

Signed, a resident of what would be "South Detroit" if that place existed.

It doesn't.

Which is a place that doesn't exist.

Signed, a resident of what would be "South Detroit" if that place existed.

It doesn't.

I always figured that it was referring to the south end of Detroit. Not that there is an actual "South Detroit". More like "south Detroit." You know?

I always figured that it was referring to the south end of Detroit. Not that there is an actual "South Detroit". More like "south Detroit." You know?
It's a mythical place, seriously. If you came around here and asked to visit South Detroit, you'd promptly be slapped upside the head. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Detroit lol. I'm from Downriver. Don't Stop Believin is played at every high school dance ever because the song is referring to Downriver.

It's a mythical place, seriously. If you came around here and asked to visit South Detroit, you'd promptly be slapped upside the head. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Detroit lol. I'm from Downriver. Don't Stop Believin is played at every high school dance ever because the song is referring to Downriver.

Why must you be the party pooper of the Journey song? :p Why can't you just let it be!?!? lol.

You done well. It was turning into a frat party in here with everyone singing that song.

HE TOOK THE MIDNIGHT TRAIN GOING ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Ok ya'll need to stop having discussions on this thread. I keep seeing names I recognize and going "D: they were rejected?!," and then coming here and you're talking about Journey for pete's sake.

Reactions: 15 users
Ok ya'll need to stop having discussions on this thread. I keep seeing names I recognize and going "D: they were rejected?!," and then coming here and you're talking about Journey for pete's sake.

Who's Pete? :angelic:

Reactions: 3 users
UNITED STATES:

Auburn University:

University of California: (vetskoldreama, portal 11/16), (caitkelly, portal, 11/14)

Cornell University:

University of Florida:

University of Georgia:

University of Illinois:

Iowa State University:

Kansas State University:

Louisiana State University: (Devastating, portal, 11/9)(batsenecal, portal, 11/9)(vetskoldreama, portal 11/9)

Midwestern University:

University of Minnesota:

University of Missouri:

Ohio State University:

Oregon State University:

Purdue University:

Texas A&M University:

University of Tennessee:

Tufts University:

Tuskegee University:

University of Wisconsin:

CANADA:

UNITED KINGDOM:

AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND:

THE ISLANDS: