OFFICIAL: Schools rejecting already

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Loyola is **NOT** screening guys. I got a secondary (and trust me, nobody's got lower stats than me) from them stating that "my file has not been reviewed" yet and won't be until the supp. is in.

Members don't see this ad.

Loyola is definitely doing some sort of screening. I am an August MCATer, and they wrote me a note saying they wouldn't give me a secondary until after they see my scores. It would suck if this is the only screening they're doing. That would be like trying to make it more difficult than it already is for August MCATers.

the only school i haven't heard back from is ucsf. hope i didn't get rejected from there.:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by lola
Loyola is definitely doing some sort of screening. I am an August MCATer, and they wrote me a note saying they wouldn't give me a secondary until after they see my scores. It would suck if this is the only screening they're doing. That would be like trying to make it more difficult than it already is for August MCATers.

Not sending you a secondary until after your MCAT scores are out is standard procedure for loyola. Honestly though, the screen is pretty low. When I applied two years ago and took the August 2000 MCAT, I got a really crappy MCAT score and still received a secondary from them in November. In all likelihood you'll get one too.

So, is it standard practice to wait for August MCAT scores before making any decisions?

I would prefer it to being rejected based on my April score, especially because I really feel my August will be significantly better.

Originally posted by surge
So, is it standard practice to wait for August MCAT scores before making any decisions?

I would prefer it to being rejected based on my April score, especially because I really feel my August will be significantly better.

If you told them you would be taking the MCAT in August on your AMCAS app then yes, they would wait until your scores are in before making a decision on whether to give you an interview.

Got mine from Stanford. Gee what a surprise. Although I do have low numbers, and knew for a fact that I couldn't get in there, I figured I still give them a shot. Okay I gave them an official shot, and they blew it, I did my part ($30).:D

X

How is Loyola not screening if one person on this thread said they got a secondary from Stanford but got rejected from Loyola? Aren't they also really big on the well-rounded applicant who has shown his or her passion for helping people. I heard Loyola has every Anatomy student say a prayer or at least a respectful verse over their cadavers. :) :) :)

Just waking this up!

Rejected from Harvard and UPenn!

Oh well,

Blues

yeah, just got my long-overdue Stanford letter. I'm just grateful they didn't string me along.

While I'm at it, anyone else want to give me nothing for $30?

Originally posted by Lanie
How is Loyola not screening if one person on this thread said they got a secondary from Stanford but got rejected from Loyola? Aren't they also really big on the well-rounded applicant who has shown his or her passion for helping people. I heard Loyola has every Anatomy student say a prayer or at least a respectful verse over their cadavers. :) :) :)

I don't know, but that was me. Loyola just didn't like me... I also have received secondaries from UCSF, UCLA and UCD, and various others. I actually am not too concerned at this point. I guess I could call and inquire why, but I'm thinking it has to do with my CA state residency. Someone else mentioned that they admit half of their class from IL, so I'm fine with that. It's still early in the whole process and I need to conserve my energy on other important stuff...like making sure I get my a$$ in gear to fill out all of my secondaries in a timely fashion :cool: !

Good luck Buglady. I can't believe the randomness of this whole process!!!!

well,
you can add me to the Mayo Rejected and Dejected list. :( So much for hoping they will lost past my numbers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my number 2 rejection:

University of Miami.

Well not too sad yet, there's alot more where that came from, so....

X

Originally posted by dr kevin40
the only school i haven't heard back from is ucsf. hope i didn't get rejected from there.:eek:

People have been hearing back from them, but not everyone. They have to deal with everyone in California, so give them some time. May the force be with you.

-RA

I don't want to be too pessimistic about the primary & secondary application process, but it stinks like any money-making scam. I imagine that some places (maybe like Vanderbilt) will send a secondary out and ask for money, even though they already plan on rejecting you in a few weeks.

And Chicago Med's secondary is basically, "please send us $90 and write your name in this space". Where else could you earn $90 so easily?

On that note...!

+pissed+

Originally posted by pallhaco doce
And Chicago Med's secondary is basically, "please send us $90 and write your name in this space". Where else could you earn $90 so easily?

Yeah, people should start posting which schools have these masturbatory secondaries (those that exist only to pleasure themselves)...

-RA

Originally posted by blues
Just waking this up!

Rejected from Harvard and UPenn!

i thought both of these schools had no rolling admissions-- but i guess they have no problem rejecting as they come in huh?

dang, now i'm afraid to check my mailbox

Rejected from Mayo! Woo-hoo! My first rejection. No big suprise.

Rejected Stanford 7/26
Mayo 8/5

any northwestern rejections??? i called them today and they said you will be mailed "a letter" on the 4th???? what ???? so cryptic .. she wouldnt tell me if it was a rejection or what ???? this is such a big game !!!

if anyone has some free time, could u create a list from the previous post w/in this thread so we could quickly identify which schools have sent out the dreaded letters? (kinda like the interviews list)

Originally posted by surge

I am not sure about what Loyola is doing either. I am an august mcater (second time taking it..first time I received 9 11 11)....I was rejected before they recieved my august scores. My science GPA is 4.0 biochem major....cumulative gpa is also 4.0.

I don't understand...I did contact them but they told me that they can't tell me what they use for screening.

I guess I should have listend to my advisor. He says he thinks that loyola has a set of schools which they would accept students from and if you're not from that list of schools, then you recieve an automatic rejection. No one from my university has recieved an acceptance despite their great numbers.

I didn't listen because I thought it was all hype...I checked their website, there is a list of schools which are represented(mines isn't on it).....and of course ALL of Loyola type universities are listed in that list...so I don't know. I am from Jersey.

It is all very confusing.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kovox

I am not sure about what Loyola is doing either. I am an august mcater (second time taking it..first time I received 9 11 11)....I was rejected before they recieved my august scores. My science GPA is 4.0 biochem major....cumulative gpa is also 4.0.

I don't understand...I did contact them but they told me that they can't tell me what they use for screening.

I guess I should have listend to my advisor. He says he thinks that loyola has a set of schools which they would accept students from and if you're not from that list of schools, then you recieve an automatic rejection. No one from my university has recieved an acceptance despite their great numbers.

I didn't listen because I thought it was all hype...I checked their website, there is a list of schools which are represented(mines isn't on it).....and of course ALL of Loyola type universities are listed in that list...so I don't know. I am from Jersey.

It is all very confusing.

:rolleyes:

Did u tell them that u thought it was a mistake? Did u mention ur stats? Or did they just ignore everything u said?

Originally posted by kaos

Did u tell them that u thought it was a mistake? Did u mention ur stats? Or did they just ignore everything u said?

I did explicitely stated my stats and april scores, and also mentioned that I took the august mcat. They said that they use computers for screening and that there is no mistake.

oh well:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kovox

I did explicitely stated my stats and april scores, and also mentioned that I took the august mcat. They said that they use computers for screening and that there is no mistake.

oh well:rolleyes:

LOL!! Computers don't make mistakes!! That's a classic! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by JumboFool

While I'm at it, anyone else want to give me nothing for $30?

hey, i'll give u something for $30. :)

hahaha - but seriously Kovox, it sounds like a bookkeeping error that they don't want to admit. maybe send a letter to the *chair* of admissions, explaining your situation. good luck! :)

Originally posted by kaos

LOL!! Computers don't make mistakes!! That's a classic! :rolleyes:

Computers don't make mistakes - people who use them do. For now anyway.

Now now, Doc Oc, let's not start a bidding war.
She was mine first and you know it.

Originally posted by calipaww
any northwestern rejections??? i called them today and they said you will be mailed "a letter" on the 4th???? what ???? so cryptic .. she wouldnt tell me if it was a rejection or what ???? this is such a big game !!!

I'm assuming that if I still haven't received an invite to fill out their secondary, then should I expect a rejection letter soon?

This whole application process is a character builder.

Just got rejected from Wake Forest, not even a secondary. That doesn't make sense, my numbers aren't great, but good enough to get a secondary from wake. They could have taken my money first, oh well.

Anyone else get a rejection letter from Wake???

X

I got one too from Wake. Not too broken hearted, but it still stinks.

Also, I haven't heard from Michigan, but they don't screen do they?

I got rejected also. There is a thread about this somewhere. Several people with good stats have not gotten secondaries. My stats are good and no secondary either. Booooo. Cheer up though!

i got rejected from mercer and from east tennessee. seeing as how i'm not from georgia or tennessee, no big surprise there. i'm not upset-- neither school sent me a secondary, and i only wasted $30/school instead of $90/school.

don't ask me why i applied to those schools. i think i got a bit crazy when i started designating schools on the amcas. :rolleyes:

Rejected U of WI; this brings my total to 3/16

Stanford
Mayo

adding a POST-secondary WFU rejection, my first.

My rejection list keeps on growing:clap:

Northwestern
U of WI
Mayo
Stanford

OK, I will start the good ole SDN List!! This is only for schools for which people have already received rejections.

Schools Sending Out Rejections: :(

Mayo
Northwestern
Stanford
U of Pitt
U of WI
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest

Have to add myself to the stanford and mayo rejection list. It was very disappointing. Dont know what else they're looking for. I hope I don't get rejected from UMICH. I sent out my app and LOR early July. My application is still being reviewed...or that's what they say!! Got a secondary from UCLA, no word from UCSF.

Originally posted by Ni1980
Have to add myself to the stanford and mayo rejection list. It was very disappointing. Dont know what else they're looking for. I hope I don't get rejected from UMICH. I sent out my app and LOR early July. My application is still being reviewed...or that's what they say!! Got a secondary from UCLA, no word from UCSF.

Ni1980, those are some of the most competitive programs in the country. Hope you left yourself some other opportunities by applying to some lower and unranked schools. Best of luck to you. :)

So, did you have the secondary and just not return it?

I have mine, but haven't filled it out yet...wonder what's going to happen.........:confused:

Well - at least you didn't lose your dinero!

Is this a common practice by the school?

Welcome to the club Sweet Tea! :) It's a very exclusive club for very cool people. Hehe. But who needs 'em - you already had a great interview at ECU!

Chem01,
From what I understand, they only screen for interviews based on AMCAS app so it doesn't make a difference if you send in your secondary or not. I mean, if you get an interview, you definitely have to get it done before you go there.
Am I right other, wiser SDNers?

Well...maybe I'll hear sooner than I think

"thanks for spending the $$ on the primary, and getting your hopes up by looking at our secondary, BUT WE DON'T WANT YA...haha...great" :rolleyes: