****Official Summer 2007 MCAT Score Thread*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of you who took the exam in May:

This is the official score release thread for the May 2007 MCAT dates. Feel free to post serious information and announcements about the impending score release. You can post your scores in here when the time comes as well.

This post also serves as a warning to remind you guys that fake threads stating "SCORES ARE UP" will give you an automatic post hold for one week.

Best of luck to everyone waiting! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

emc7171---I'd agree, and say don't retake it. I don't think a 36S will keep you from ANYWHERE... I think it's already going to compensate for whatever GPA you have.

To Skwid, Lil'troop, Team Zissou, pandulce, and premedhead.... GRATS!!! :D WE'RE DONE!

emc7171---I'd agree, and say don't retake it. I don't think a 36S will keep you from ANYWHERE... I think it's already going to compensate for whatever GPA you have.

To Skwid, Lil'troop, Team Zissou, pandulce, and premedhead.... GRATS!!! :D WE'RE DONE!

Your score was fab! And I second the overall congrats. Y'all are amazing!

Members don't see this ad :)

WOOHOO!!!! :clap::biglove::horns:

Hey all:
July 13th PM exam: 37R
PS 14
VS 12
BS 11

I only took the two Kaplan tests on the CD which accompanies the big prep book sold in stores (2007 ed), and I got a 35 on both of those. I guess I wish I could give one of those PS points to the BS, but overall I'm thrilled.
Does anyone know if they factor in the WS for the overall percentile score?

Congrats to everyone who met their goals! :)

Hey all:
July 13th PM exam: 37R
PS 14
VS 12
BS 11

I only took the two Kaplan tests on the CD which accompanies the big prep book sold in stores (2007 ed), and I got a 35 on both of those. I guess I wish I could give one of those PS points to the BS, but overall I'm thrilled.
Does anyone know if they factor in the WS for the overall percentile score?

Congrats to everyone who met their goals! :)

Each subscore has an individual percentile score so I'd imagine they'd factor it in. However, adcoms don't give a damn about writing score. They don't look at percentile numbers either. They look at your scaled score. They see a 95th percentile and 97th percentile no different in relation to each other. Only when the significance is severely different i.e. 97th vs. 70th percentile does it make a difference. Or 97th vs. 80th percentile.

That said your score was awesome for just taking those two tests and using that book. Congrats.

I completely agree. MCAT Score Threads are not an accurate and fair representation of real MCAT scores; it's really just a penis waving competition.

If you ever are studying for the MCAT and say you'll be disappointed if you get a 36, then you know you're browsing SDN too much. :laugh:

What the heck? Why are can't it be "vagina" instead of "penis"? What does the MCAT have to do with genitalia anyways?!??!?!?! And why do we have to wave it?

definitely agree. good luck on your retake

lol you guys are awful. Just to clarify, they're JOKING (i hope). 36 is amazing, and you didn't get anything under a 9, so youre golden =P congrats!:thumbup:

Hi all. Congrats to all who have finished their MCATs happily.

I took the MCAT on July 13th, and I sympathize with some others who were doing much better on AAMC practice tests than they did on the real thing.

My scores:
phys 12
verb 11
bio 10
writing P
overall 33P

I'd been getting around 40 on my most recent practice tests, and I did think that the biology was unusually difficult. But from advice I've been getting from doctors I work with, 33 is a fine score (in case anyone around there was wondering). I'm hoping to go to Columbia, and was worried I'd botched that, but a Columbia med school alum told me that my score "definitely doesn't rule it out".

I'm a chemistry major and I'm not surprised to have done best on phys. I'm considering taking it again in April, but I'm not sure how a retake will look on applications, especially if I do about the same. Any advice?

Good luck to everyone who's taking the MCAT soon.

Hi all. Congrats to all who have finished their MCATs happily.

I took the MCAT on July 13th, and I sympathize with some others who were doing much better on AAMC practice tests than they did on the real thing.

My scores:
phys 12
verb 11
bio 10
writing P
overall 33P

I'd been getting around 40 on my most recent practice tests, and I did think that the biology was unusually difficult. But from advice I've been getting from doctors I work with, 33 is a fine score (in case anyone around there was wondering). I'm hoping to go to Columbia, and was worried I'd botched that, but a Columbia med school alum told me that my score "definitely doesn't rule it out".

I'm a chemistry major and I'm not surprised to have done best on phys. I'm considering taking it again in April, but I'm not sure how a retake will look on applications, especially if I do about the same. Any advice?

Good luck to everyone who's taking the MCAT soon.

Don't retake. Retaking a 33 doesn't necessarily look good. You got at least a 10 in every section, so there's really no need. Many of us here would kill for that score!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't retake. Retaking a 33 doesn't necessarily look good. You got at least a 10 in every section, so there's really no need. Many of us here would kill for that score!

agreed =) I'd say don't retake. But its a personal thing... only retake if you know you can't be happy with your score.

Otherwise... GRATS! =) :thumbup:

Retaking a 33 doesn't necessarily look good.

I've heard this before but never really understood why. Do they really frown upon retaking a good score? What if you do better?

I'm certainly not thinking of retaking mine - don't worry! - just curious as to why this was. :)

Hi, I've been lurking here in SDN for a while, and I finally get to post my first MCAT scores. Yay!:)

PS:11
VR:9
WS:R
BS:12
Total:32R

I took the MCAT on 13th July in Australia because I'm thinking of applying to the 2 year Master of Pharmacy (yes, not medicine) program at USyd. MCAT score is one of the admission requirements for international students. Apparently they require a minimum of 8/8/M/8 (24M) for an application to be considered.

I studied for 2 weeks during my semester holiday, including taking AAMC CBT tests 3 to 10. My scores in the practice tests range from 29 to 33 with breakdowns 11/12PS, 8/9VR and 11/12BS. Overall, I'm happy with my scores, considering the limited time I had to prepare, and that I can use this score to apply directly without having to retake..:)

Congrats to everyone who has done well, and good luck for those who consider retaking.:luck:

not that many july 13 posters :confused:

I agree. I know a few people who I'd compare scores with all the time... but they disappeared. I don't want to call them out, but I'd love to hear from them. I didn't do well my first time, so I can sympathize... and even offer advice.

Im new to this forum, but I wrote july 13th.

BS 13
VR 11
PS 13
WS N

The N kind of sucks, but I'm quite happy with the rest, although I'm an engineering undergrad so anything less than 15 on PS is a blow to my pride.

For everyone who might not have the strongest background in BS (like me), I found "1001 Questions in MCAT Biology" by Examkrakers to be extremely helpfull, as I had never taken an anatomy or physiology course before. Reading a textbook to get the concepts in your head, then beating them to death with 1001 questions worked for me.

I've heard this before but never really understood why. Do they really frown upon retaking a good score? What if you do better?

I'm certainly not thinking of retaking mine - don't worry! - just curious as to why this was. :)

If you do better it is no issue, but if you do worse then it could cause problems for you later on.

I got a 30Q. 9 PS, 10 VR, 11 BS. I know it's a decent score, but I'm pretty upset with my PS score. I was really distracted by this guy next to me, he was sneezing and coughing and making all sorts of noise, it threw off my concentration. But I still don't think I should risk a retake, as I rarely got a 10 on VR on my AAMC's. I'm applying to mostly "low tier" med schools and URM friendly schools, how do you think my 9 PS will affect me?

I got a 30Q. 9 PS, 10 VR, 11 BS. I know it's a decent score, but I'm pretty upset with my PS score. I was really distracted by this guy next to me, he was sneezing and coughing and making all sorts of noise, it threw off my concentration. But I still don't think I should risk a retake, as I rarely got a 10 on VR on my AAMC's. I'm applying to mostly "low tier" med schools and URM friendly schools, how do you think my 9 PS will affect me?

Given your VR situation, I'd say don't retake (unless you were consistently scoring significantly higher overall). A low VR score could be a tough situation, and your current score is pretty good. I don't know your state of residence, gpa or ECs, but I think you'll be perfectly fine, especially if you're not shooting for a top-tier school. I'm applying with a 30S and an 8 in PS (and I'm non-URM) and I've got some invites already. Check out my mdapps.

Your score won't knock down any doors, but I don't think it should hold you back. And if you're a URM, I definitely don't think you should retake. I'd stick with that hand. It's a good score (although SDN makes us all feel like a 30 is a 20!). Good luck!

Took the July 24 exam..
just got mine result 1 min ago.. 32P oh well..my best ever MCAT.. first time with CBT.. not as good as many of the people in the forum (you guys are jusy way too smart).. okay enough for the schools I wish to apply (aiming low..haha) good luck everyone!
VR10 PS10 BS 12 W:p

yayay...finally..I retook a 33 (PS 12, BS 12, VR 9) and got a 36 (PS 12, BS 13, VR 11) with a 2 pt improvement in VR and a 1 pt in BS. I'm happy though surprised my PS didn't go up after teaching both PS subjects for TPR for almost a year.

yayay...finally..I retook a 33 (PS 12, BS 12, VR 9) and got a 36 (PS 12, BS 13, VR 11) with a 2 pt improvement in VR and a 1 pt in BS. I'm happy though surprised my PS didn't go up after teaching both PS subjects for TPR for almost a year.

Congratulations. Although I don't know that I would have retaken with a 33 I'm glad to see that you improved enough for it to have been a good thing rather then mistake.

Alright here goes....

I got a 27 O in August 2006.
9VR
8PS
10BS

My new score is a 29 Q
8VR
10PS
11BS
Q

Can someone please tell me this is a good improvement? (VR went down :mad:).

Also, I've just applied to an early decision program where I am fully committed to attend if I'm accepted.

Thanks a bunch!

Alright here goes....

I got a 27 O in August 2006.
9VR
8PS
10BS

My new score is a 29 Q
8VR
10PS
11BS
Q

Can someone please tell me this is a good improvement? (VR went down :mad:).

Also, I've just applied to an early decision program where I am fully committed to attend if I'm accepted.

Thanks a bunch!

Hey RolyPoly
on my June 2007 MCAT I got:
8VR
10PS
11BS
T
29T

I applied with these scores, and I haven't been rejected pre-secondary by any school in PA (I applied everywhere in PA). So I'm going to say that you are good to go, just be sure that you have strong EC and GPA because your MCAT will not be a booster, but I don't see it being a buster either (unless you're going for top-notch schools, in which case you should retake).

9PS
10VR
11BS

30 O

I was shooting for at least a 30...but I deep down was hoping for more...
You think I should even consider a retake.. or just stick with it?

I just got my scores today. This is my 2nd time.
My first time on May 11 test : 4VR, 12PS, 11BS, 27L
This time-- July 24 test: 8VR, 12PS, 12 BS, 32M!!:D
I am so excited right now. I was so scared this morning that I might mess up the VR again. I am very pleased with my score.
Thanks everyone who posted a lot of great threads. SDN really helped me a lot. Reading SDN posts is much better than talking to my premed advisor. :p

I just got my scores today. This is my 2nd time.
My first time on May 11 test : 4VR, 12PS, 11BS, 27L
This time-- July 24 test: 8VR, 12PS, 12 BS, 32M!!:D
I am so excited right now. I was so scared this morning that I might mess up the VR again. I am very pleased with my score.
Thanks everyone who posted a lot of great threads. SDN really helped me a lot. Reading SDN posts is much better than talking to my premed advisor. :p

Beautiful! Congratulations!! And I concur, SDN is much better than premed advisors.... LOL.

I took the MCAT August 2006 and got a 25Q: PS 7, VR 9, BS 9

I retook on July 24 and got a 27Q: PS 10, VR 9, BS 8

I'm mad that I went down in BS, and I'm upset that I didn't do better overall. I was averaging 29 on AAMC CBTs, so I know I can do better. I'm a TX resident and my GPA is a 3.2 with a science GPA of 3.3. I still have one year left, and I can bring my GPA up to about a 3.5. I'm a hospice volunteer, Red Cross volunteer, and I do research in a biology lab. Should I retake the MCAT? Please let me know, any advice would help! Thanks y'all, congrats to everyone who got the score they wanted!

Do you have any more upper level bio classes you're going to take in the next couple of semesters? If you could bring the bio up, it might would make you happier, although a 27 isn't a devastating score by any means. If bio is your weak spot, apply with your 27. The PS hit the "magic ten" and your VR is good too.

Took the July 24 exam..
just got mine result 1 min ago.. 32P oh well..my best ever MCAT.. first time with CBT.. not as good as many of the people in the forum (you guys are jusy way too smart).. okay enough for the schools I wish to apply (aiming low..haha) good luck everyone!
VR10 PS10 BS 12 W:p

Nice! Congrats! :)

July 24th
PS 10
VR 8
BS 10
WS Q

Total = 28Q all above 8 :oops:

Primary already submitted. Should I retake and apply next year?

GPA = 3.65 engineering major from top engineering school
Science GPA = 3.67
NY Resident
Lots of research experience, summer research program, pending publication
Lots of leadership activities, president of campus organization
Average hospital experience.

Took the July 24th exam:

40P (VR:12,PS:13,BS:15)

Practice tests were all at least 4 points below this. Usually I had VR:10, PS:12, BS:11.

Can't really explain the jump - I felt that I didn't do all that well on the real thing. Curves, I guess.

July 24th
PS 10
VR 8
BS 10
WS Q

Total = 28Q all above 8 :oops:

Primary already submitted. Should I retake and apply next year?

GPA = 3.65 engineering major from top engineering school
Science GPA = 3.67
NY Resident
Lots of research experience, summer research program, pending publication
Lots of leadership activities, president of campus organization
Average hospital experience.

28 isn't shameful for sure. Go for it - as long as you aren't aiming Harvard. If you want the Harvard type, retake next year. I think you can do it with this score and those EC's though!

Took the July 24th exam:

40P (VR:12,PS:13,BS:15)

Practice tests were all at least 4 points below this. Usually I had VR:10, PS:12, BS:11.

Can't really explain the jump - I felt that I didn't do all that well on the real thing. Curves, I guess.

daaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Oh I wish..... :laugh: Congrats. You're golden with that one.

Hey everyone! Congrats on those who just got their scores today and are happy with theirs and good luck to those who are unhappy and are planning on taking it again(if you can find a seat)! I took it on july 24th and I checked them a half an hour after they were up... and I got PS 10 BS 10 VR7 and Q in writing.

Should I retake it (assuming I can somehow obtain a seat)? Does it seem like I might have a chance? I have a 3.4 gpa and 3.24 BCPM gpa and a fair amount of ec's.

Thanks in advance.

August 2006: 6V, 10P, 12B, Q
July 24 2007: 11V, 10P, 12B, M (computer problem during writing, reported, no resolution yet)

So glad I pulled that damn verbal up!!:cool:

In case you wonder, I did all the Gold Standard online test, and some problems on Bekerly, and ExamKracker Verbal books.

Now I can focus on the secondaries that I was dreading over!

Good luck everyone~

July 24 -- 15 PS 9V 11 BS - 35R
Aug. 2006 - 12 PS 6V 10 BS - 28Q

I'm obviously very pleased with my new results. How will schools view this in terms of my previous poor performance? Will they see the first as a bad test day? Thanks!

I'm obviously very pleased with my new results. How will schools view this in terms of my previous poor performance? Will they see the first as a bad test day? Thanks!

Don't sweat the first set of scores. Your current scores shows that you have the ability to rebound from a set of bad scores and ability to push yourself to improve past perfomances.

It's actually a plus! During the interview, tell them how persistent you were to do much better than what you initially were aiming for and THAT will be a golden mark!!!

Roly Poly:thumbup:

A friend of mine got a 27 his first time with almost the same breakdown as your first score but one point lower in the PS. He retook it and improved his verbal by 4 points with his sciences staying the same and had no problem when he applied. He ended up getting in an IVY league top 20 ranked med school as well as multiple interview offers from other places though he chose to decline them all once he got into his top choice school.

Someone else who applied when he did last year had taken it 3 times with a 23, 27, and finally 35R. None of the schools that interviewed her took up issue with that. She ended up getting in at one of her top choice schools as well.

Very few places average scores and I don't even know what those schools are but most of them that I know of take a look at your latest score and not the improvement and care about that more. They only look negatively upon you if you went down rathr then up in your overall score.

Hey everyone! Congrats on those who just got their scores today and are happy with theirs and good luck to those who are unhappy and are planning on taking it again(if you can find a seat)! I took it on july 24th and I checked them a half an hour after they were up... and I got PS 10 BS 10 VR7 and Q in writing.

Should I retake it (assuming I can somehow obtain a seat)? Does it seem like I might have a chance? I have a 3.4 gpa and 3.24 BCPM gpa and a fair amount of ec's.

Thanks in advance.

Retake if you think you can pull up your score. If not try considering doing an SMP program instead to pull up your chances.