****Official Summer 2007 MCAT Score Thread*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of you who took the exam in May:

This is the official score release thread for the May 2007 MCAT dates. Feel free to post serious information and announcements about the impending score release. You can post your scores in here when the time comes as well.

This post also serves as a warning to remind you guys that fake threads stating "SCORES ARE UP" will give you an automatic post hold for one week.

Best of luck to everyone waiting! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

proof that a retake is worth it:

TAKE #1: June 15
08VR
12PS
11BS
S/WS
=> 31S

TAKE #2: August 9
10VR
13PS
11BS
S/WS
=> 34S
Nice retake! Why were you so quick to jump the gun and say I reported false scores?

Another 27er right here...but i'll take it. I'm mostly depending on getting into my state schools and DOs.

This may be not true, but maybe only the AM scores are posted but not the PM scores. Anyone have a confirmation on this?

I am kind of bummed. This was my first time taking the test and I got a 27Q. Should I still apply for 2008 or should I remove my application and re-take next year?

How is rest of you application look like? Did you already submit your primary application? Seriously 27Q is a pretty good score for taking it for the first time. Don't be bummed out, you can always retake. Atleast you have your score unlike us August 14th people who have to wait till friday.

ARRRGHHHHHH!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you feel about the test right after taking it? Did you feel it went well? Were you predicting something around 36?

I had scored between 32-37 on my practice tests, so I was hoping for something near the upper end of that. I felt confidant after PS and VR, but our BS was a tough section. It's very tough to estimate your score with the MCAT because it is a curved test. Good luck with everyone else getting their scores this week!

lol looks like all the SDNers for the most part killed this test, and about half them felt the need to make a new thread lol

Just got mine back too:

PS: 10
VR: 11
BS: 12
Writing: Q

Overall 33Q

I'm pretty happy with my score. Aug 9th was a retake for me and scored a 29O on May 31st exam.:)

28S
10 vr 9 ps 9 bs

Wanted a 30 but for first time not too bad. too bad i havea 3.2 gpa. should be alright for DO

Members don't see this ad :)
first time taking it... last few practice tests were 29-35.. hit the low end, unfortunately. was hoping for a 30.

August 9th, AM session

V: 10
PS: 9
BS: 10
W: R

29R

I was pleasantly surprised by both my verbal and writing scores, and disappointed by my PS. It has always been my tough point, but I thought I stepped it up in the real exam. guess everyone else did too.

I'm applying for entry in '09, so I'll be taking the first Jan administration.

Congrats to all the great scores!

OMG . . . Finally the stress is over! V: 10 PS: 10 BS: 11 WS: R (dont know how the hell this happened) Total: 31R My diagnostic was an 18 at the beginning of the summer: V:7 PS:7 BS: Big improvements since then with some hardcore studying. This is so awesome....gratz on everyone's scores

PS: 9
V: 10
BS: 10
WS P
total: 29P

I have a 3.61 cum gpa, about 3.4something science gpa, research experience, 3 publications, decent (but not amazing) volunteering, lots of campus activities, leadership positions w/in my sorority. I am a senior this year, and do not plan to apply till next summer. Should I suck it up and take it again (REALLY REALLY don't want to)? I am pretty confident that I could do better, since I didn't study very seriously until the last 2 weeks before the test. What if I did an mph program next year? I just don't want that freakin test looming over my head again!!!!!!!! Oh and I am a PA resident if that means anything...

I am totally speechless.

I took the MCAT on July 24th and since I thought I have bombed the test I retook it on August 9th without even knowing my score. My July 24th score turned out to be 32R, and I was so regretful for retaking the exam. But today I got my August 9th score:

14/10/14 38Q

I am extremely happy......:)

This will be the last time I look in on the mcat forum thank God!

Took the april 16th got a 28Q. VR 11 PS 9 BS 8

Retook it again Aug 9th got a 34O. VR 11 (again) PS 13 BS 10

So for all those that didn't do so great the first time there is hope. Good luck.

Maybe he got a 32, and he lives in california...?? Even then I still think it is a good score.

Series: 48
Test Date: 08/09/2007
Verbal Reasoning (VR): 11 Percentile Range: 82.6 - 94.1
Physical Sciences (PS): 12 Percentile Range: 89.1 - 94.4
Writing Sample (WS): O Percentile Range: 41.6 - 57.2
Biological Sciences (BS): 12 Percentile Range: 88 - 94.5
Total Score: 35O Percentile Range: 93.1 - 95.1

I am totally speechless.

I took the MCAT on July 24th and since I thought I have bombed the test I retook it on August 9th without even knowing my score. My July 24th score turned out to be 32R, and I was so regretful for retaking the exam. But today I got my August 9th score:

14/10/14 38Q

I am extremely happy......:)

Congrats! What were your practice scores and what were you predicting for your August 9th score?

I just wanted to post my score so that everyone who is waiting for scores feels a little bit better. My final score was a 36T:

12 VR
11 BS
13 PS

After I came out of the exam, I felt like I had COMPLETELY messed up Verbal. Biology felt easy, and I felt like I made a myriad of silly errors on Physical Sciences. As you can see, my feeling about the test didn't match with my scores on each section at all. My average practice score was a 36, so my score was exactly in line with my average. I hope that helps everyone some. :)

I just wanted to post my score so that everyone who is waiting for scores feels a little bit better. My final score was a 36T:

12 VR
11 BS
13 PS

After I came out of the exam, I felt like I had COMPLETELY messed up Verbal. Biology felt easy, and I felt like I made a myriad of silly errors on Physical Sciences. As you can see, my feeling about the test didn't match with my scores on each section at all. My average practice score was a 36, so my score was exactly in line with my average. I hope that helps everyone some. :)

Good Job!

Final score, August 9th MCAT: 36T

12 VR
13 PS
11 BS

Just so everyone knows, I felt like I had COMPLETELY flopped the verbal section after I took the test--tons and tons of questions felt like nothing but educated guesses, and I finished with one minute remaining to look over my answers. Have a little faith in yourself!

Aug 9th PM , Series 49

VR 9
PS 12
BS 12

actual score 33M

predicted vr 8 ps 10 bs 12 total 30
I had the killer verbal section, I was praying for a 8 or above on it. I seriously did not think it would happen though. I also found the WS topics to be tough, and was reaching for examples. This was my first and only time taking this beast thank god.

Well, these are my scores:
10VR, 11PS, 12BS
Total: 33R
It's my first time taking the exam and I said I would be happy with a score of 33P or better. Wish it could have been higher, though...33 was my lowest practice score. But I'll take it. Good luck to those who are waiting for their scores. Thankfully, I will not take this exam again, ever.

False scores up post, reported
No, for the record, the scores really have come out. The OP did *not* post a false scores are up thread. I am going to merge this thread with the main scores thread though. Congrats on so many great performances, folks. :thumbup:

34 R ,

PS : 13
BS : 12
VR : 9

My gpa is 3.97 and I am currently in 3rd year... made the big mistake of working fulltime in research while studying for the MCAT. Anyways, probably retaking next year.

I am fluent in England although not my first language, would the R kinda help with regards to that ugly 9?

PS: 11 VR: 11 BS: 14 WS: R
36R

I'm actually surprised by the physical sciences. I thought it was the easiest section and that i had a 12+ on it. Although, I was figuring much worse on the BS and WS. Basically, ts impossible to predict how well you did after you took the test.

thanks everyone. my ps went up, just barely. I'm not giving up for the year... may get an interview to my state school. if not, there's always next year :)

Good for you! With your positive attitude and determination, I'm sure you accomplish great things.

I added that line for not so gifted forum members...Sorry for wasting your time, though.

You're getting better, but you have work yet to do. Here's a free punctuation tip: drop the comma after time.

34 R ,

PS : 13
BS : 12
VR : 9

My gpa is 3.97 and I am currently in 3rd year... made the big mistake of working fulltime in research while studying for the MCAT. Anyways, probably retaking next year.

I am fluent in England although not my first language, would the R kinda help with regards to that ugly 9?

No offense, but you are absolutely out of your mind if you are going to retake with a 34R...you are SET!