****Official Summer 2007 MCAT Score Thread*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of you who took the exam in May:

This is the official score release thread for the May 2007 MCAT dates. Feel free to post serious information and announcements about the impending score release. You can post your scores in here when the time comes as well.

This post also serves as a warning to remind you guys that fake threads stating "SCORES ARE UP" will give you an automatic post hold for one week.

Best of luck to everyone waiting! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

As we are all scientists (LOL); actual data on repeat testers by section:

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/examineedata/tables.htm

I found these data very useful when deciding not to retake.

My original scores were BS:13, VR:13, PS:10, WS:Q.

Hmmm 0% did what I did on verbal on my retake (+3 on an 11)
9% did what I did on Physics (+2 on a 10)
5% did what I did on writing (Q to S)
25% did what I did on Bio (11 to 11)

I was lucky!

Oh and that table shows that retakes don't go so well... Regression towards the mean? ouch.

Members don't see this ad :)
i thought i got owned by the July 24 exam, but that curve is a lifesaver.

i ended up with:

13 PS
15 VR
11 BS

39N! i'll take it :)

Thought I'd throw my hat into the ring (not to take away from the other excellent scores, good job chad and chywu):

July 24th (first time)
PS: 15
VR: 11
Writing: R
BS: 14

40R

Anyways I got these scores despite having learning/reading disabilites and no accomodations. I know most people don't care but the AMCAS dissability policy is really messed up for a medical institution (there was a lawsuit in CA over this). About the only people being granted anything are the blind, for obvious reasons. I mean the criterions are so strict that you have to be less able than the "average" person. Not the average medical school applicant, which would actually make sense, but the average joe off the street. Not to sound elitists but average joes aren't applying to medical schools. I know that hell would be raised if some applicants were given additional time on certain sections, however even simplier requests are denied. I would have liked a quiet room as, even with the earphones, the noise of people typing their writing sections was waaayy distracting while I was doing my bio section (I was the 6th or so to start in my group). Such a request doesn't seem unreasonable. rant over.

Oh and if anyone wants to see what I did to study just search for my posts. I took some additional courses (Diff Eq, additional chemistry) that I found extremely useful.

Thought I'd throw my hat into the ring (not to take away from the other excellent scores, good job chad and chywu):

July 24th (first time)
PS: 15
VR: 11
Writing: R
BS: 14

40R

Anyways I got these scores despite having learning/reading disabilites and no accomodations. I know most people don't care but the AMCAS dissability policy is really messed up for a medical institution (there was a lawsuit in CA over this). About the only people being granted anything are the blind, for obvious reasons. I mean the criterions are so strict that you have to be less able than the "average" person. Not the average medical school applicant, which would actually make sense, but the average joe off the street. Not to sound elitists but average joes aren't applying to medical schools. I know that hell would be raised if some applicants were given additional time on certain sections, however even simplier requests are denied. I would have liked a quiet room as, even with the earphones, the noise of people typing their writing sections was waaayy distracting while I was doing my bio section (I was the 6th or so to start in my group). Such a request doesn't seem unreasonable. rant over.

Oh and if anyone wants to see what I did to study just search for my posts. I took some additional courses (Diff Eq, additional chemistry) that I found extremely useful.
Wow dude, you got a 40 and you're learning disabled??? Damn, imagine if they didn't discriminate against you, you'd have a 45 for sure!!! Seriously, if I were you I'd sue amcas for all the pain and suffering you received from having to take the exam in the same room as all of the rest of us scum. God, it must be really hard for you, being homeless and all---but it'll look great on your application, how many people had to pay the secondary fees in change?

Are patients going to care that your disabled??? no, so you might as well get used to it. Sorry, but that is my opinion

Wow, that's incredible! Congratulations on such a great score! What were your practice test scores like?

Thanks! My practice tests were generally 32-36, so I was quite pleased with how I did. Especially considering I thought I bombed the real thing.

Wow dude, you got a 40 and you're learning disabled??? Damn, imagine if they didn't discriminate against you, you'd have a 45 for sure!!! Seriously, if I were you I'd sue amcas for all the pain and suffering you received from having to take the exam in the same room as all of the rest of us scum. God, it must be really hard for you, being homeless and all---but it'll look great on your application, how many people had to pay the secondary fees in change?

limpkitty you are very funny. You should be a comedian.

Hi, I took for the first time on July 13, and am not happy with my results. I didn't take AAMC practice tests, but on my last 3 kaplan tests i got in the 33-36 range, including 13-14 in BS each time. While my PS and VR scores were consistent with my practices, BS went from 13-14 on practice to 8 on the actual test. I am totally at a loss for what happened. I didn't feel like it was any harder than the practices, I actually felt good about that section coming out. Has anyone experienced anything like this, or can anyone give me possible explanations for why this would occur? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Does anyone else find this absolutely terrifying? Is that why no one has responded? I don't know what to tell you except that you embody my worst fears. Retake it? Chances are that whatever horrible confluence of events led to this unnatural score for you cannot occur twice and your expect knowledge will win out. You should retake it though - that score is gross distortion of your abilities.

Does anyone else find this absolutely terrifying? Is that why no one has responded? I don't know what to tell you except that you embody my worst fears. Retake it? Chances are that whatever horrible confluence of events led to this unnatural score for you cannot occur twice and your expect knowledge will win out. You should retake it though - that score is gross distortion of your abilities.

My only guess would be that since the OP only took 3 Kaplan FLs, he wasn't fully prepared. Or perhaps he got tired at the end of the test and didn't realize he was making mistakes?

I think it's important to remember that, although this does happen, most testers' actual scores come back very close to their practice score ranges. Also, on the other end of the scale, some people's scores on the actual test improve over their test score.

This may be due to differences in test anxiety, focus, etc.

My only guess would be that since the OP only took 3 Kaplan FLs, he wasn't fully prepared. Or perhaps he got tired at the end of the test and didn't realize he was making mistakes?

I think it's important to remember that, although this does happen, most testers' actual scores come back very close to their practice score ranges. Also, on the other end of the scale, some people's scores on the actual test improve over their test score.

This may be due to differences in test anxiety, focus, etc.

now that i've been through the process, i'm going to reveal myself as someone who did not get a score in my practice test range. i was scoring between a 35 and 38 fairly consistently. i took 17 practice tests, the last 12 of which fell in this range. my sciences were typically high, never below a 12. my verbal had reached a point where i was comfortably scoring 11's, occasionally scoring 10's and even as high as a 14 once. i was feeling pretty comfy, but i ended up with a 33T. this is good, but the verbal was an 8. ps was 13, bs was 12. not only am i a native English speaker, but i also managed a T in writing. i have no idea where this 8 came from, but it might seriously mess me up.

Members don't see this ad :)

LOL :laugh:

now that i've been through the process, i'm going to reveal myself as someone who did not get a score in my practice test range. i was scoring between a 35 and 38 fairly consistently. i took 17 practice tests, the last 12 of which fell in this range. my sciences were typically high, never below a 12. my verbal had reached a point where i was comfortably scoring 11's, occasionally scoring 10's and even as high as a 14 once. i was feeling pretty comfy, but i ended up with a 33T. this is good, but the verbal was an 8. ps was 13, bs was 12. not only am i a native English speaker, but i also managed a T in writing. i have no idea where this 8 came from, but it might seriously mess me up.

How did you feel like you did on verbal after you took the test?

Took the test August 6th.
PS: 13
VR: 10
BS: 13
WS: O

Total: 36O

This was a retake from August 06 where I got 29Q - 12/9/8 )

Oh really?? Maybe they release a few at a time??? I don't know what happened but I'm freaking excited about my scores.

No, trust me, she'd be the last one to BS about this... they're showing up for some people, the rest should be up within the next few minutes.

Sorry you're not too thrilled about your scores, gradu8... I know you've been a litte stressed</understatement>.

Oh really?? Maybe they release a few at a time??? I don't know what happened but I'm freaking excited about my scores.

What were you predicting for your score? Did it turn out in line with your expectations and/or practice scores?

Report me for posting my real scores? I can take a screen shot and Prove it to you. They were totally in line with the upper part of my prediction. It was on the lower side of my AAMC practice test scores though 34-39

Any one else who took the test on the 9th having trouble getting their scores?

Yea, but I have my real scores... and a 35 came out of it... so you can't get me down. I can give you a screen shot if that makes you feel better about yourself.

Report me for posting my real scores? I can take a screen shot and Prove it to you. They were totally in line with the upper part of my prediction. It was on the lower side of my AAMC practice test scores though 34-39

Congrats! Good job!

Yeah, they're coming up. I got:

VR - 12
PS - 11
BS - 10
WS - O

Total 33O

Eh. I'll take it. I was hoping for better, but this shouldn't be a problem.

Heres a more detailed breakdown:
Series: 48
Test Date: 08/09/2007
Verbal Reasoning (VR): 11 Percentile Range: 82.6 - 94.1
Physical Sciences (PS): 12 Percentile Range: 89.1 - 94.4
Writing Sample (WS): O Percentile Range: 41.6 - 57.2
Biological Sciences (BS): 12 Percentile Range: 88 - 94.5
Total Score: 35O Percentile Range: 93.1 - 95.1

my scores came up right away

got a 31Q, very happy.. only one short of my best practice :)

Thank God I took the Aug 9th administration, even though it only gave me 1.5 months to study for the MCAT.

Got my scores back
PS-13, VR-11, BS-12 P
36P

I'm really happy with my score, but keep this in mind for everyone who is getting bad news today. My diagnostic score was a 20, so don't ever give up. There can always be improvement.

I am kind of bummed. This was my first time taking the test and I got a 27Q. Should I still apply for 2008 or should I remove my application and re-take next year?

Got my scores back
PS-13, VR-11, BS-12 P
36P

I'm really happy with my score, but keep this in mind for everyone who is getting bad news today. My diagnostic score was a 20, so don't ever give up. There can always be improvement.

How did you feel about the test right after taking it? Did you feel it went well? Were you predicting something around 36?

proof that a retake is worth it:

TAKE #1: June 15
08VR
12PS
11BS
S/WS
=> 31S

TAKE #2: August 9
10VR
13PS
11BS
S/WS