***Official Temple C/O 2015 Acceptance Thread****

20AA, 3.3ogpa, 3.4 sgpa. i mean im not saying that will happen to everyone, i think my interview went really well, so i am really excited i got in and will hopefully attend Temple. he did say though, if you dont hear back for quite a while, you prob got waitlisted or maybe a rejection ( most likely a waitlist I think, not positive though).

I just checked my aadsas and although nothing has changed in the decisions made section, my supplemental materials has an updated date of 1/24/11 which is after my interview. I wonder what that means, maybe that is when they reviewed my application,secondary app & video?

Members don't see this ad.

I just checked my aadsas and although nothing has changed in the decisions made section, my supplemental materials has an updated date of 1/24/11 which is after my interview. I wonder what that means, maybe that is when they reviewed my application,secondary app & video?

i am not sure what that means. i personally got an email for the acceptance, then my aadsas was updated 2 weeks after the acceptance( to...Offer made). i am not sure how it works, some ppl i have heard got it through aadsas first, others email i believe, not positive though.

So I think I am going to take the plunge and accept at Temple! :love:

After thinking about it for a while, it seems like the best option for me. I really want the best clinical education I can get. Everyone has been telling me that Penn is not worth the money nor the name is what it used to be. I have no real desire to do research or specialize....at this point. But if I ever wanted to, I know that Temple has a good enough name that I can.

On top of that, everyone at Temple was so nice to me, staff, students, faculty....I'm pretty excited about it all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your decision. I also picked Temple because they are known for their clinical experience and in the end, that's most important. Looking forward to meeting all of you who will start at Temple in August!

I also got that (last updated 1/24/11) for my supplemental and that was after my interview...idk what that means?

I also got that (last updated 1/24/11) for my supplemental and that was after my interview...idk what that means?

I think they update everyone's supplemental section after the interview, regardless of whether it's an acceptance or not.

So I think I am going to take the plunge and accept at Temple! :love:

After thinking about it for a while, it seems like the best option for me. I really want the best clinical education I can get. Everyone has been telling me that Penn is not worth the money nor the name is what it used to be. I have no real desire to do research or specialize....at this point. But if I ever wanted to, I know that Temple has a good enough name that I can.

On top of that, everyone at Temple was so nice to me, staff, students, faculty....I'm pretty excited about it all.

Congrats on your decision. I also picked Temple because they are known for their clinical experience and in the end, that's most important. Looking forward to meeting all of you who will start at Temple in August!

Temple FTW! :laugh:

See you guys and gals at Freshman Orientation! You'll be bombarded by upper class men the first week or two with help/advice/forsale books etc ;) I think you all will be leasing your equipment which will be new! We should have our new clusters up and running this summer/fall so we're all getting excited here about the new clinic renovations.

I decided to accept the offer and will see all of you fine people at Temple this fall!! I can't believe this day is finally here :) Whatever will I do with all of this worry-free time before August? If only I could decide when to quit my jobs..

Does anyone know what the dress code is for the D1 students? Also, how long is our summer vacations?

Dress code = Ceil Blue Scrubs

Freshman --> Sophomore Summer break is 2 months (July/August)

Sophomore --> Junior Summer you only have clinic, no class (july/august). it gives you time to get the hang of clinic and study for boards...

Junior --> Senior Summer = Clinic

Just got accepted, what a amazing morning! 1st acceptance for a re-applicant, doesnt get better than this.

CONGRATULATIONS MAN!...see you there!...TEMPLE!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called Temple today to give my acceptance spot to someone else. Good luck to the applicant who gets the position!

Accepted!!!. I think I'm going to temple..Interviewed Jan 18th. Accepted Feb 2...

I'm still waiting on UMDNJ though.

Happy Chinese New Year!!

Congrats to everyone who got in :)
I was just wondering if temple's done with their interviews/giving out offers to interviews? I've been waiting for months now, and trying to see if i should just give up on it :(

Accepted!!!. I think I'm going to temple..Interviewed Jan 18th. Accepted Feb 2...

I'm still waiting on UMDNJ though.

Happy Chinese New Year!!

Congrats! I wonder if anyone else from our interview date got an offer?

Congrats to everyone who got in :)
I was just wondering if temple's done with their interviews/giving out offers to interviews? I've been waiting for months now, and trying to see if i should just give up on it :(

I would call and ask to speak to Mr. Hull or Mr. Hahn, they will be honest with you

they are still interviewing. It will begin to slow down though

I was also interviewed Jan. 18 and got the email Feb. 2...Congrats everyone!

Sooooo....whats going on with the FB group here. I tried to join like 2 weeks ago....am I not cool enough?

Sooooo....whats going on with the FB group here. I tried to join like 2 weeks ago....am I not cool enough?

Haha, yea me too. What gives? I'm not even sure why it's a closed group anyhow, like other people are going to join that aren't attending?

Hah, well I i just was reading the past posts and it looks like SMB36 started the group but he is no longer attending Temple....

So, do we need to start a new group?

yea. I tried joining the fb group too.. I just sent in my deposit earlier this week!:laugh:

ScavangerPro, congrats on being accepted. I had my interview at Temple on 2/2/11. Brian said that day they had just sent out more acceptances. He said our group probably wouldn't hear till March, which seems like forever! My application on AADSAS shows the day after (2/3/11) for decision date. I hope that means good news is coming my way. when did your decision made date appear?

ScavangerPro, congrats on being accepted. I had my interview at Temple on 2/2/11. Brian said that day they had just sent out more acceptances. He said our group probably wouldn't hear till March, which seems like forever! My application on AADSAS shows the day after (2/3/11) for decision date. I hope that means good news is coming my way. when did your decision made date appear?

I interviewed on Jan. 18th my supplemental materials was updated on 1/24 and I got an offer on 2/2. I think the supplemental update simply means they processed the supplemental sheet we had to fill out and maybe that indicates that the ad-coms are about to review your entire application. Good Luck!

I interviewed on Jan. 18th my supplemental materials was updated on 1/24 and I got an offer on 2/2. I think the supplemental update simply means they processed the supplemental sheet we had to fill out and maybe that indicates that the ad-coms are about to review your entire application. Good Luck!

I interviewed the same day as ScavengerPro. I received a acceptance email first (2/2/2011), then my AADSAS status changed to "offer made" a couple of days later.

so is Brian that everyone talks about, Mr Hahn?
thanks!

so is Brian that everyone talks about, Mr Hahn?
thanks!

Yes, Brian Hahn....he is awesome! He'll help you in whatever way he can. If you e-mail him, he might not get back ~3 days. However, Mondays and Fridays are his best days to reply since no interviews.

Why Temple got rid of their pre-dental Postbac program, but Pre-med is still there ?

Does Temple notify you after interview if you've been waitlisted/rejected? Or do they just leave your update as 'received/under review'?

Does Temple notify you after interview if you've been waitlisted/rejected? Or do they just leave your update as 'received/under review'?

Apparently the class is full and they're waiting on those with multiple acceptances to drop and open up a spot. So likely after April 1 u'll hear something

Thanks for the response! Did you speak with someone at Temple to know they're full? Do you know if in the past Temple will tell you one way or the other? If I was told I was on a waitlist at least I'd know where I stand, ya know?

Thanks for the response! Did you speak with someone at Temple to know they're full? Do you know if in the past Temple will tell you one way or the other? If I was told I was on a waitlist at least I'd know where I stand, ya know?

not sure about the protocol, but yes i did speak with someone there.

Does anyone know when the last wave of acceptances were sent before the class became full? I was told when I interviewed earlier this month that my group wouldn't hear anything till mid march, and that they still had spots, or so I thought that was what they meant.

I believe at this point most schools will have a full class. HOWEVER, this does not indicate that they are truly full. Wait until April 1 when applicants are required to choose a school and get rid of their multiple deposits. This will open up some spots.

Well, if they were full, they aren't anymore. I just called today and withdrew my acceptance. Congratulations to who gets in!

Hey just curious to why you withdrew from Temple I'm trying to make a decision between Tufts and Temple.

Hey just curious to why you withdrew from Temple I'm trying to make a decision between Tufts and Temple.
I simply didn't get the greatest vibe while I was there. The school is really large, and didn't seem that personal. I saw a car get stolen/broken into immediately after my interview 200 feet away from the building, I feel that maybe that is a sign... UoP is the opposite; I really saw the "family" aspect that i was looking for in a dental school, and the humanistic approach is great. Temple is a great choice, but just wasn't for me.

Congrats on your acceptances guys! I made it out of there after four years and had a great time.

Your clinics are all getting overhauled too, looks like real nice stuff.

If your interested in my experiences, check out my site.

And Brian Hahn, I know you are reading this: "HI!"

And Brian Hahn, I know you are reading this: "HI!"

I second this.

Also, CONGRATS to everyone who is coming here next year. Definitely an exciting time for Temple. You all will be pleased to hear that the school passed accreditation last week, so we are good to go for another seven years or so!

anyone receive any financial awards yet, you can check on the website