*** Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

coolguy07

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone! :)
Link to last year's thread: ***Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if there are supplemental essays?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview!!! Super excited! I submitted 6/4

OOS: Michigan

DAT: 26/26/28/28 TS/AA/PAT/RC
GPA: 4.0

Just got an interview as well.

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted mid to late July.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh no now im getting worried
Don't worry! It is still super early. They said they are only scheduling for September now anyway. There are soooooo many more months to go!

Reactions: 1 users
Oh no now im getting worried

I applied here too in late June and haven't heard back, but judging from the stats of those who have received interview invites so far, it's possible that they interview applicants with the highest stats first. I was reading that some schools do that before they look at applicants with lower stats. I wouldn't worry too much though because UPitt has post-December invites and it's still fairly early :)

Reactions: 7 users
I submitted June 24th, but I haven’t heard back yet. I’m a Canadian applicant

Same here! I submitted my application in mid-June but did not have my official DAT scores until last Friday -- I was so surprised to get any interview invitations this soon (2 days) after sending in my official scores but I will take it!

I also got an interview today! :)
I submitted July 28

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone get an invite for an interview before September 9th?

OOS, 3.8, 25AA. Got my interview invite yesterday. I submitted 6/25, but my LOR didn't get fully submitted until Mid-July

My interview date is September 23rd. It seems like they only give you one choice.

For people who received the initial interview invite email on 8/14, did you guys all get a confirmation email after with an interview date?
I haven't heard anything since I replied back on 8/14. Thank you!!

For people who received the initial interview invite email on 8/14, did you guys all get a confirmation email after with an interview date?

It may take a few days. You might want to contact them sometime next week if it doesn’t come

I received a date with the interview invite email

I got the email with a date and they wanted me to reply with and confirm that I was coming and send a picture of myself and then they sent me a confirmation back less than 5 minutes later.

I got the email with a date and they wanted me to reply with and confirm that I was coming and send a picture of myself and then they sent me a confirmation back less than 5 minutes later.

Thank you! I am still waiting for mine. Which date is your interview date if you don’t mind sharing?

I'm still waiting too! Let me know what you do/ when they contact you.

Have you guys heard back yet? I also got invited on the 14th and have been waiting for the 7-10 days to schedule a date. I emailed the admissions manager about it recently and he made it seem like I never got an interview invitation.

Have you guys heard back yet? I also got invited on the 14th and have been waiting for the 7-10 days to schedule a date. I emailed the admissions manager about it recently and he made it seem like I never got an interview invitation.
I am still waiting. I also emailed them (Jerry). I just got a general reply email (it seems) that they are working on scheduling it in the coming WEEKS and told me to be patient.... did you get the same email?

I am still waiting. I also emailed them (Jerry). I just got a general reply email (it seems) that they are working on scheduling it in the coming WEEKS and told me to be patient.... did you get the same email?

Same email!

Same email!
LOL, i think all we can do now is to wait (as they said it could take weeks to get it scheduled...). Let me know if you hear back! good luck!!!

I finally got the interview email today. The interview date is 10/7. Let me know if you guys are interviewing the same date!

I finally got the interview email today. The interview date is 10/7. Let me know if you guys are interviewing the same date!
Would u mind sharing your stats and residency? And when did you apply?

Just received an interview invite for 10/7!