*** Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Would u mind sharing your stats and residency? And when did you apply?
[/QUOTE]
Sure. Just sent you a pm. I am also from canada!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I finally got the interview email today. The interview date is 10/7. Let me know if you guys are interviewing the same date!
Got the invite for 10/7 as well today. Phew! :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Also received an invite for 10/7 this afternoon :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2!! Just received the invite!
AA/TS/RC/PAT - 21/21/21/22/nothing below 17
Submitted July 18
MA resident

For the MMI, are the people you talk to familiar with your application, or should you repeat things you already have in your application?

Reactions: 1 users
Got an invite today for Oct!
Submitted early August
AA: 26
GPA: 4.0
OOS

Last edited:
For the MMI, are the people you talk to familiar with your application, or should you repeat things you already have in your application?
They look at your application beforehand and come up with questions that they have while they were looking at it and ask those and just try to get to know you. I interviewed yesterday and it was super relaxed and conversational, no pressure at all tbh, the faculty members are extremely friendly.Don’t worry!

Got an interview invite for 10/14 today!
PA resident, cGPA 3.88, AA23, submitted early June

interview for 10/14 today!
Texas, cGPA 3.82, AA20, Submit July 31!

Got mine for 10/14 as well!
Canada, cGPA 3.92, AA22, submitted 08/23

Members don't see this ad :)
Had my interview at Pitt recently, and for anyone worried about it DON'T! I was such a chill and fun atmosphere. The other applicants were cool, the students were so nice, and the whole vibe was great. The interview was low stress and barely touched on dental school. It felt more like they wanted to get to know you as a person. I over prepared for the interview. I loved my time there so much!

Reactions: 8 users
I submitted my application on 9/18 and today 9/24 I have just received an interview invitation for 10/14. They are very very fast :giggle:. I'm OOS.

Does anyone want to get a group chat going for the 10/7 interview? I can make one if there isn't an existing one already.

Had my interview at Pitt recently, and for anyone worried about it DON'T! I was such a chill and fun atmosphere. The other applicants were cool, the students were so nice, and the whole vibe was great. The interview was low stress and barely touched on dental school. It felt more like they wanted to get to know you as a person. I over prepared for the interview. I loved my time there so much!
How many interviewees were there? And how many interview sessions do they hold?

do you remember if the interview portion was first in the day?

I submitted my application on 9/18 and today 9/24 I have just received an interview invitation for 10/14. They are very very fast :giggle:. I'm OOS.
Well that sucks for me I submitted earlier and didn't get nothing lol

Well that sucks for me I submitted earlier and didn't get nothing lol
Maybe i just got some luck? Be patient and i hope you'll receive good news soon!

There were 28-30 different interviewers. You interview with two of them for 15 minutes each. The interview was in the middle of the day. Very fun conversational interviews.

• Love
Interview #2!!
Received invite via e-mail on 10/02/2019 at 12:21 PM!
Interview date: 11/04
AA/TS/RC/PAT - 22/21/21/19/nothing below 19
sGPA: 3.52
oGPA: 3.62
Submitted July 30
CA resident

Interview #2!!
Received invite via e-mail on 10/02/2019 at 12:21 PM!
AA/TS/RC/PAT - 22/21/21/19/nothing below 19
sGPA: 3.52
oGPA: 3.62
Submitted July 30
CA resident
So theres hope!

Interview #3
Received invite via e-mail on 10/04/2019
AA/TS/RC/PAT - 23/23/24/20/nothing below 19
sGPA: 3.46
oGPA: 3.42
Submitted/verified September 17th
NJ resident

for those who have interviewed:
is there a writing section?
are the mmi style qses scenario based? or are they Moree typical interview qses- like why dentistry etc

for those who have interviewed:
is there a writing section?
are the mmi style qses scenario based? or are they Moree typical interview qses- like why dentistry etc

No writing section
Just mini dental interviews, why dentistry etc

To anyone who has interviewed already, did you get out around 2:30?

For those that interviewed, how did everyone dress? Were all the guys dressed in suits?

What did all of you do to prep for the interview? Trying to find info on some of the staff and I can't find anything besides the fact that Jerry is really into Football lol

For those that interviewed, how did everyone dress? Were all the guys dressed in suits?

What did all of you do to prep for the interview? Trying to find info on some of the staff and I can't find anything besides the fact that Jerry is really into Football lol
Lol Jerry does not even interview us

Anyone know how many applicants they accept from those they interview?

Yes, it is business professional.
You don't need to prepare by finding out info on their staff... research the school/program in general and know what you like about it and be able to answer "Why Pitt?" Know your application well since the interviews are basically just a conversation to get to know you more based on the things you mentioned in their application!

Just received an interview invite this afternoon!!

Received invite via e-mail on 10/30/2019
Interview date: 11/18
AA/TS/RC/PAT - 24/25/22/23 (30 on OC)
sGPA: 3.47
oGPA: 3.36
Submitted on 8/29 and verified on 8/30
VA resident
Nontraditional applicant with an engineering background.

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else just get an email from Pitt?

I would imagine so unless someone didn’t get one and yet still interviewed there.

Just a generic email I presume?
Yes, there is no wink wink in these emails-- decision will be released on Dec 2nd. They told us that they would send follow up emails to everyone after interview.