*** Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Is it for those who interviewed?
Yeah, basically just them checking in if we have any questions and re-highlighting some aspects of the program.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have some insight on the interview and tips? I hear its low stress but if anyone wants to elaborate on their experience I'd appreciate it

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have some insight on the interview and tips? I hear its low stress but if anyone wants to elaborate on their experience I'd appreciate it
If you can keep a conversation going for 15 mins, you will be absolutely fine. One of my faculty members was more on the quiet side and definitely wanted me to steer the conversation while my other faculty was super bubbly and fun, so the conversation flowed a lot better. Both will have read your app beforehand. In my case, they had written down certain things to ask me about. There were no typical interview questions it was mainly just me elaborating on certain experiences I had! I wasn't even asked "why dentistry" or "why Pitt" or anything like that.
One tip I have is to not let yourself get distracted by the other interviews going on in the room! Everyone is in the same large room and it is set up kind of like "speed dating style" so it can get a little bit loud. Focus on the conversation you are having with your faculty member and I'm sure it will go fine!

Reactions: 2 users
If you can keep a conversation going for 15 mins, you will be absolutely fine. One of my faculty members was more on the quiet side and definitely wanted me to steer the conversation while my other faculty was super bubbly and fun, so the conversation flowed a lot better. Both will have read your app beforehand. In my case, they had written down certain things to ask me about. There were no typical interview questions it was mainly just me elaborating on certain experiences I had! I wasn't even asked "why dentistry" or "why Pitt" or anything like that.
One tip I have is to not let yourself get distracted by the other interviews going on in the room! Everyone is in the same large room and it is set up kind of like "speed dating style" so it can get a little bit loud. Focus on the conversation you are having with your faculty member and I'm sure it will go fine!
Thanks!

Great advice. Going to Pittsburgh next week. Excited for those "speed dating" sessions.

So, aside from two 15-minute conversations with the faculty, you are just touring the campus and meet students correct?

Lastly, was there a room set aside for luggage, backpacks, etc.?

Great advice. Going to Pittsburgh next week. Excited for those "speed dating" sessions.

So, aside from two 15-minute conversations with the faculty, you are just touring the campus and meet students correct?

Lastly, was there a room set aside for luggage, backpacks, etc.?
Yep, thats pretty much it! There were a couple of presentations in the morning about curriculum, etc. and then the tour which was conducted by student ambassadors. Interviews were right before lunch. After lunch there was a short financial aid presentation and another presentation about the "Pitt Family" and that was it! There is an optional CAD/CAM presentation at 2:30, but they understand if you have travel arrangements and need to leave. They sent me an agenda for the day a couple of days before my interview so also be on the lookout for that!
The room where the presentations are is locked all day while you aren't there, so people stored luggage/purses/etc. in there!

Reactions: 1 user
Yep, thats pretty much it! There were a couple of presentations in the morning about curriculum, etc. and then the tour which was conducted by student ambassadors. Interviews were right before lunch. After lunch there was a short financial aid presentation and another presentation about the "Pitt Family" and that was it! There is an optional CAD/CAM presentation at 2:30, but they understand if you have travel arrangements and need to leave. They sent me an agenda for the day a couple of days before my interview so also be on the lookout for that!
The room where the presentations are is locked all day while you aren't there, so people stored luggage/purses/etc. in there!

Great. Thanks for the response!

Looking forward to it... :)

Does anyone have an idea of how many of the pre-Dec interviews get Dec acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
they only send out 80 acceptances on dec 2? where did you hear this number? i thought most schools send out a bit more than their class size o.o

Oh I just heard from someone that’s what they do. They send 80 out initially and as people decline, they send out more. They could be wrong idk

I have heard Pitt updates the AADSAS at 12:01 on the first working day in December, has anyone else heard that this cycle/know if that is true!?

I have heard Pitt updates the AADSAS at 12:01 on the first working day in December, has anyone else heard that this cycle/know if that is true!?
This has been done in the past

However, I do not believe they do this anymore as their website states applicants will be notified by phone call and browsing the 2018 thread I didn't see anything about a portal change. But I could be wrong.

anyone on west coast hear back yet?

Anxiously waiting for that call, fingers crossed.

I didn't know it was possible to be both excited and extremely terrified at the same time

Just got accepted too, OOS student. I know in years past they would tell you if you got a scholarship or not. Did anyone get notified fi they got a scholarship or not yet?

getting so nervous D: seems like they're going by time zones

Can anyone confirm that they are definitely making calls in alphabetical order (by last name)?

Just got the phone call acceptance at 12:00pm EST. Almost cried. Didn't hear anything regarding the scholarship though.

Just got the call, OOS (west coast) so scholarship but very excited!!

just got in so exciteeed!!

accepted OOS! 12:00 EST. no scholarship but he said it could still happen!

Accepted! 12:08PM CST. No scholarship. International student.

Accepted at 12:30 EST with a scholarship offer!

Is it safe to assume that if I didn’t get a call, that I am rejected?

Is today the only day that we can receive a call? Or are there other dates as well?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using SDN mobile

They specifically said it's a rolling base admission, so that means they continue to interview/send acceptances throughout the cycle.

I am bummed that I haven't gotten calls, but no rejection letter still means that you're in the game, so I guess we just gotta keep our hopes up.

The lack of rejection is the one thing that is giving me solace right now. I'm still trusting the process and keeping my head up!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using SDN mobile

Just got acceptance via email! Phone did not ring at all so I was slightly confused but I'll take it!

does anyone have link to fb page- also does anyone know when second wave of scholarships will go out?