This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

livvvdpt

Reaction score
Hi all! :) I haven't seen many threads (if any at all) regarding schools that are in Ohio... I figured we could all keep each other in the loop with any updates/acceptances/etc. The Ohio schools I applied to are:

University of Toledo
Ohio State University
Ohio University
Walsh University

There are other Ohio schools, obviously, but these are just the ones that I applied to. However, feel free to share any other information regarding other Ohio schools as it may help others!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I noticed both of you applied to Ohio State. Do you know if they interview? On their website it says they do, but I saw a thread from last year talking about an open house. I just wasn't sure what their program is doing this year.

Hey, I noticed both of you applied to Ohio State. Do you know if they interview? On their website it says they do, but I saw a thread from last year talking about an open house. I just wasn't sure what their program is doing this year.
I'm also pretty sure that they do! I read this on their Admissions Details website:

"Our interview process involves multiple individual in-person interviews with faculty members and clinical instructors. The primary purpose of the interviews is to identify individuals who will be able to deal compassionately and effectively with patients in interprofessional health care teams. Interviewers will explore the candidate’s motivation for seeking a physical therapy degree, understanding of the profession and of medical ethics, as well as his or her problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills."

The waiting game is killing me too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I applied to Ohio State as well. When I emailed a faculty member on the admissions board, she said that OSU does conduct interviews at their open house some time in December. They narrow down the initial number of applications they get and then select from there for the open house invitations.

Hey, I applied to Ohio State as well. When I emailed a faculty member on the admissions board, she said that OSU does conduct interviews at their open house some time in December. They narrow down the initial number of applications they get and then select from there for the open house invitations.

Did she happen to say roughly when to expect the invitations? Waiting is driving me crazy!

Did she happen to say roughly when to expect the invitations? Waiting is driving me crazy!
No, but I know people who applied last year didn't receive invitations until early to mid-November. We just gotta be patient still. :(

I'm going to OSU right now. They didn't interview last year, but just started this year. I heard back last year by the end of November, but I'm assuming it will be different considering the new interviewing process.

Has anyone heard back from Walsh yet? I saw on their website that they hold interviews November 9th and 16th which are coming up.

Has anyone heard back from Walsh yet? I saw on their website that they hold interviews November 9th and 16th which are coming up.
No I have not :( They told me that in Mid-October they would let applicants know about interviews. IT"S MID-OCTOBER HELLO haha

People from Ohio, yay!! I applied to Walsh, Dayton and Mount Union in Ohio.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard from OSU and/or know when they are sending out interview invites

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you heard from Walsh yet? They said last week that within the next week or so they will be notifying applicants of interview offers, so I anticipate that sometime this week we will hear from them (if you haven't already)
I was offered an interview from them today. I'd assume you'll hear back from them this week.

That's awesome congrats! :) When is your interview? And do you mind sharing your stats? And yeah, hopefully I hear from them this week... My last name starts with "M" so maybe they do it alphabetically haha
Thanks! And my last name is in the front end of the alphabet so that's definitely a possibility. The interview is Nov. 9th!
And sure:
Major: Exercise Science
GPA: 3.71
GRE: 155V, 160Q, 5.0W
Involvements: Sports med research assistant, community service chair for fraternity, service trip leader, work at a rec center, my major's club, etc
- I applied to mostly Ohio schools and a couple down south. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get offered an interview soon!

That's awesome, congrats! I still haven't heard from Walsh this week, even though last week a lady in admissions said that I would be hearing from them in a week with an interview decision/etc. :/ Im starting to worry

Hey, i applied to Walsh too! Have you heard back this week? I still haven’t!

Hey, i applied to Walsh too! Have you heard back this week? I still haven’t!
Hey! Unfortunately, no I haven't. However, the lady I emailed recently told me that I was eligible to interview and that if I wasn't selected for the November slots, then I likely will be for the interviews in January and February. Have you heard back since you posted on here?

Hey! Unfortunately, no I haven't. However, the lady I emailed recently told me that I was eligible to interview and that if I wasn't selected for the November slots, then I likely will be for the interviews in January and February. Have you heard back since you posted on here?

Good to know. I still haven't heard from Walsh either.

I called Walsh and they had already sent out November interviews :( hopefully we will get one in January or February. However, I heard back from OU yesterday and have an interview on the 30th.

I'm currently in undergrad at Mount Union, so if any of you are thinking of applying, I can try and answer some questions about the school and campus.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm currently in undergrad at Mount Union, so if any of you are thinking of applying, I can try and answer some questions about the school and campus.

How do you like the university? I'm interviewing there Monday!

I’m sure you’ll get pulled off the list if you’re that high up. If it makes you feel any better, I’m in the bottom 1/4 of the list lmao you have a much better chance than I do
Does anyone have any updates/information regarding any movement on their waitlist to interview? I know the deadline for applicants to RSVP to interview invites is tomorrow (11/19)... I'm hoping that 20-some people declined the interview and that I can get pulled from the waitlist lol.
Does anyone have any updates/information regarding any movement on their waitlist to interview? I know the deadline for applicants to RSVP to interview invites is tomorrow (11/19)... I'm hoping that 20-some people declined the interview and that I can get pulled from the waitlist lol.

How did your interview go?

I think it went well. It's an up and coming program but I definitely see the potential there. I liked the campus, PT department, and facility. Just waiting to hear back now!

I’m sure you’ll get pulled off the list if you’re that high up. If it makes you feel any better, I’m in the bottom 1/4 of the list lmao you have a much better chance than I do
Hahahah aw man, I'm sorry. Yeah, hopefully I do. I know today was the last day to RSVP to interview in December. So fingers crossed I hear back!

Anyone hear from Ohio State? By looking at threads from previous years, it looks as if they should be notifying/contacting applicants right around this time..

Well our first interview day is after our finals week, I'm thinking the 14th of Dec. So you should be hearing very soon. Don't go off of other years as they have completely changed the application process.

How do you like the university? I'm interviewing there Monday!

Sorry I'm late, congrats on the interview! I love the school, despite never thinking I'd want to go to a small school. It doesn't feel suffocating because it has a relatively a big campus, and there's obviously a ton of tradition associated with the school and our athletics. I'm sure you took a look around, but we have some great facilities too, and the PT program has a motion lab which I've heard is awesome (I don't know how common that is for other schools). Even the exercise science labs (my major) are amazing, and one of my professors teaches some classes in the PT program - he's great.

anyone heard back or have any updates/information regarding movement on Toledo's waitlist to interview?

Good to know. I still haven't heard from Walsh either.

I had my interview with Walsh on November 9th, and just heard back from them of my acceptance on the 29th.

Regarding OSU - I know a lot of people are going to the December 14th interview date, but has anyone heard about second round interviews?

I had my interview with Walsh on November 9th, and just heard back from them of my acceptance on the 29th.

Regarding OSU - I know a lot of people are going to the December 14th interview date, but has anyone heard about second round interviews?
I'm in the December 14th round interview, but this is actually the first year that OSU is doing interviews. In the past they have done 2 preview days, one first semester and another in January. Not sure if that will stay the trend though.

I'm in the December 14th round interview, but this is actually the first year that OSU is doing interviews. In the past they have done 2 preview days, one first semester and another in January. Not sure if that will stay the trend though.
What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? Congrats on the interview :)

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? Congrats on the interview :)

University: Ohio State University
Major: Health Sciences
Undergrad GPA: 3.69
GRE: 158V, 147Q, 4.0W

I also have an Associate's Degree in General Sciences from a community college from doing PSEO in high school.

Extra-curriculars:
Student volunteer in RARE lab at OSU Crane Sports Med, volunteered in Peru for one week to improve conditions in a daycare, student volunteer at Delay the Disease (exercise class for people with Parkinson's disease), Exec board for OSU Pre-PT/OT Club for 2 years, Team leader of Buckeyethon (philanthropy event pediatric cancer research) for one year and general member the year before,

Work Experience:
Outpatient ortho clinic aide (paid): 2000 hours, independent contractor through Rover and private dog-sitting/walking business, Direct Youth Support Professional for kids with behavioral and mental disabilities for summer of 2017, office assistant for OSU summer conference housing summer 2017, student researcher in a stress lab at OSU's Institute for Behavioral Medicine Research for one semester, student fundraiser at OSU's call center for one year

Volunteer/Observation Hours:
Outpatient ortho clinic aide (paid): 2000 hours
40 inpatient (20 in acute heart hospital, 20 in sub-acute inpatient rehab)

Certs: CPR

LORs:
1 professor, 1 boss, 2 PTs (one of these became my boss after I had already asked him to write the letter)

Applied: Ohio State University, Ohio University, University of Toledo

Accepted: Ohio State University, Ohio University, University of Toledo

Interviews: OU 11/30 (told us they would tell us who was in the program in 2 weeks on day of interview), Toledo 12/7, OSU 12/14

Last edited:
What was the Toledo interview like?
I actually really liked the format. It was one professor, one local clinician, a student, and 3-4 other interviewees. It was a lot more of a conversation that I initially thought it would be! Definitely not a "go down the line and answer a question" type deal. I wouldn't stress about it!

Anyone know how OSU’s interview day went and if /when they will be sending out more interview invites?

Anyone know how OSU’s interview day went and if /when they will be sending out more interview invites?

Went really well! A bit unorganized since it was their first one, but everyone was very nice and helpful. I really liked the program. They said they are gonna send out decisions to us next week with acceptances, rejections, or waitlist. And then after that, if there are any spots left to fill, they’ll invite people to an interview day in January. He said that’ll be for the last few spots though, maybe like 10 or so

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Went really well! A bit unorganized since it was their first one, but everyone was very nice and helpful. I really liked the program. They said they are gonna send out decisions to us next week with acceptances, rejections, or waitlist. And then after that, if there are any spots left to fill, they’ll invite people to an interview day in January. He said that’ll be for the last few spots though, maybe like 10 or so

I just got an email this morning inviting me to an interview in January for OSU! Really nervous cause I know I'm going to be fighting for my spot. This is really where I want to be. Can anyone give word on how the interview was formatted or anything?

I just got an email this morning inviting me to an interview in January for OSU! Really nervous cause I know I'm going to be fighting for my spot. This is really where I want to be. Can anyone give word on how the interview was formatted or anything?

There were 4 rooms with 4 interviewers, and you were in each room for 10 minutes. So it took 40 minutes all together, and they are all SO nice. Each room was a different theme of questions, but the questions were all very typical and not difficult. Just be yourself and answer honestly. It seems like they really wanted to figure out what you actually thought and wanted to know about you. And they all genuinely seemed interested about my interests and such too

I just realized how badly I described that lol. 4 rooms, and each room had 1 interviewer each. So 4 interviewers all together!

I just realized how badly I described that lol. 4 rooms, and each room had 1 interviewer each. So 4 interviewers all together!

Great! Thank you so much! OSU is my top choice... I hope that I can show them I am worth an acceptance of one of those last spots! Go bucks

Anyone hear from OSU who went to the Dec 14th interview day? I know they said we’ll probably hear this week

I also went to the interview, but I have not heard anything from them either.

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an interview invite from Walsh. Can anyone tell me what the interview was like?

I also got an interview invite from Walsh! I went there for an open house.