Ohio State c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did everyone get that Admission Timeline email today *including* those who got rejected and those who got interview invitations?

I got that email and my status is still "Pending" on my portal. I am getting nervous 🙁((

Yes.
My portal said "decision," then I got the the timeline email, and finally the rejection email within the last couple hours.
I'd say "pending" at this point is good.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an interview invite!! [emoji3]
Congrats and good luck to those of you who got an interview!
To those of you got rejected, I'm sorry and I hope you get in somewhere else - stay positive!
To those of you who are still pending, I've always been told that no news is good news, so keep the faith!!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Did everyone get that Admission Timeline email today *including* those who got rejected and those who got interview invitations?

I got that email and my status is still "Pending" on my portal. I am getting nervous 🙁((
Yeah, I got the email and a "pending" portal.
I just told my mom the details (thank you for that info @Jess Monster !) and I think she is a bit too excited at the no-news-is-good-news idea. lol
 
I also got an interview invite (for those of you wondering, I am an IS applicant)!! Congrats to everyone else who received one as well, and wishing the best to those of you that didn't- stay positive! I will be attending the Jan 5th date and look forward to meeting everyone who will be there as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My BuckeyeLink still says pending, got an email with the interview invite!
Congrats on your invite!! I haven't receive an invite by e-mail, but im still pending on the portal. Im seeing that a lot of people that where pending on the portal received invitations, so im gonna keep myself hopeful :xf::xf:
 
Y'all will give me a heart attack :laugh: I don't have any new emails so I went and rechecked...still pending. Think I'll hold off on checking until after finals (or if I happen to get that lovely email...)
 
Got an invite woop woop!
Does anyone know if we pick the earlier dates our chances are better? Lol

No. The date you choose doesn't impact your chances. Unless you're a shoe in and get accepted right after your interview (rare), you won't hear anything until after all interviews are over, regardless of what day you choose. They'll add your subjective score (interview) to your objective score and then rank you along with everyone else to make their decisions. The interviewers also change from day to day. In previous years they have had faculty, students, employees, and alumni taking part so you aren't getting interview position biases.
 
I got an invite by email at 4:50 pm and I'm OOS and my last name starts with S! Congrats to everyone who got one and positive thoughts to those who didn't!
 
Did everyone get that Admission Timeline email today *including* those who got rejected and those who got interview invitations?

I got that email and my status is still "Pending" on my portal. I am getting nervous 🙁((

OSU had a history of sending invites out in waves, so I wouldn't fret. Yes, I got both emails!
 
Congrats to everyone getting interview invites. If I'm not mistaken your portal will say pending until the final decision. So if you got an invite it'll still say pending until after they interview everyone and send out final decisions. So pending is good. To those that didn't get one this year, don't fret! I didn't get an interview my first try! If it's your dream it's achievable. I def recommend the OSU file review.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone getting interview invites. If I'm not mistaken your portal will say pending until the final decision. So if you got an invite it'll still say pending until after they interview everyone and send out final decisions. So pending is good. To those that didn't get one this year, don't fret! I didn't get an interview my first try! If it's your dream it's achievable. I def recommend the OSU file review.

Given that you are a one year veteran at OSU, can you recommend any good (and close by) hotels to stay? Also, I definitely don't want to drive in Columbus in January, what are the transportation options to/from airport/hotel/campus? Any advice is much appreciated.
 
Given that you are a one year veteran at OSU, can you recommend any good (and close by) hotels to stay? Also, I definitely don't want to drive in Columbus in January, what are the transportation options to/from airport/hotel/campus? Any advice is much appreciated.

Im not sure on hotels because I lived in the area. But if you wanted to save money OSU had the vet stay program that a current student lets you stay at their place the night before your interview. And then you can pick their brain with any questions you have, they can also show you more of the area. The students are not required to give you transportation to your interview, but I bet some wouldn't mind. Worst comes to worst most students live close and you could probably walk if need be. But it will most likely be freezing. So I would use uber or lyft if you didn't have a car. There is the COTA bus also that you could look into. If you are worried about the weather and driving, it's really not bad unless it just stormed. Ohio is pretty use to their snow and roads are taken care of quickly, especially busier areas like campus and interstates.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
No. The date you choose doesn't impact your chances. Unless you're a shoe in and get accepted right after your interview (rare), you won't hear anything until after all interviews are over, regardless of what day you choose. They'll add your subjective score (interview) to your objective score and then rank you along with everyone else to make their decisions. The interviewers also change from day to day. In previous years they have had faculty, students, employees, and alumni taking part so you aren't getting interview position biases.


Ok, great. Was hoping it didn't matter! I chose the 21st.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Given that you are a one year veteran at OSU, can you recommend any good (and close by) hotels to stay? Also, I definitely don't want to drive in Columbus in January, what are the transportation options to/from airport/hotel/campus? Any advice is much appreciated.

Towards the bottom of the link sent to you with your invite, there's a list of hotels that are close by that will give you a special rate if you tell them your with OSU.

And for what it's worth, I've stayed at that Hilton Garden on their list and I thought it was perfectly nice. There's actually a few hotels in that general area that aren't on the list and I'd say they are like 6 minutes from the CVM.
 
Last edited:
Yay! What day are you interviewing?
I'm interviewing the 21st in the morning. And I'll also be going to the dinner and luncheon! I think I should start booking flights meow. I have yet to hear from UPenn... Not sure how that's going to go (it's a total shot in the dark). And their interviews are on Fridays starting early January. Right now I pretty much have every weekend in Jan booked, hahahahaha. Soooooooooo. I'm not sure how these flights are going to work.