Ohio State c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It’s kind of whatever you want, but there are some restrictions. The places have to be approved by the school for one thing. Some areas are still technically individualized but they have an outline that you follow. Pathology is like that.

Sorry if my replies are confusing, my brain is fried from finals!
So what is on the outline?

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

So I'm new to SDN but have been following these posts eagerly waiting for some news of my own. First I'm super excited to say I've been offered an interview at OSU. Second I want to mention my interview offer was filtered into spam by gmail. (Just an extra place to check for the rest of the hopefuls). I've heard that a common interview question at OSU is about recent articles or research papers the interviewee has read. I'm just looking for some sources that I could find some good and relevant papers to read. Good luck to all those with interviews and those still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm new to SDN but have been following these posts eagerly waiting for some news of my own. First I'm super excited to say I've been offered an interview at OSU. Second I want to mention my interview offer was filtered into spam by gmail. (Just an extra place to check for the rest of the hopefuls). I've heard that a common interview question at OSU is about recent articles or research papers the interviewee has read. I'm just looking for some sources that I could find some good and relevant papers to read. Good luck to all those with interviews and those still waiting!

For the record, I was never asked that question but n=1. They definitely asked me about my research experience, though. We talked about that a lot and ethical implications. JAVMA and AJVR are veterinary specific research journals. I was always interested, so my boss let me steal her copies of JAVMA when she was done with them.

So what is on the outline?

This is only pathology specific, but we have to do a second rotation on the autopsy floor, a rotation in lab animal path, a rotation at ODA I think, and maybe a couple others that I can’t think of. All the information regarding CAEs should be on OSU’s website.

This is only pathology specific, but we have to do a second rotation on the autopsy floor, a rotation in lab animal path, a rotation at ODA I think, and maybe a couple others that I can’t think of. All the information regarding CAEs should be on OSU’s website.
Where do they have all the CAEs on the website? I can only find the pathology one.

Please please please send an invite my way Losing hope over here.

Reactions: 5 users
Please please please send an invite my way Losing hope over here.
Don't lose hope! You've still got time. "Haven't heard anything back yet" = still in the running. I haven't heard back from half the schools I applied to. :playful:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't lose hope! You've still got time. "Haven't heard anything back yet" = still in the running. I haven't heard back from half the schools I applied to. :playful:
A lot of the ones I applied to don't interview, thus haven't heard back from a lot of them.

It still means I am still in the running.

That's the spirit! :clap:
I'm waiting back to hear from 12 schools. 4 of them don't interview haha but the other 8 do (and I know I've missed some interview waves on some of them)
We all have to stay positive.

It still means I am still in the running.

it does, but it's a bit different than not hearing back from a school that has already started sending out invites, which is what i was saying. most of the schools that dont interview more than likely havent started sending out acceptances yet, aside from oregon state, because its only december.

Anyone else still waiting for an answer and freaking out? :dead:

That's the spirit! :clap:
I'm waiting back to hear from 12 schools. 4 of them don't interview haha but the other 8 do (and I know I've missed some interview waves on some of them)
We all have to stay positive.
I have 2 I am still waiting on that do interviews and 4 that don't interview. NC State doesn't interview but should send out OOS decisions Friday.

Last edited:
Anyone else still waiting for an answer and freaking out? :dead:
Still waiting! I was hoping they were going to keep sending out small waves of interview offers each day, but maybe that means we're on a sort of waitlist while they see how many people drop their offers? That would explain why they didn't give an exact date for when the other offers would be sent out.

Did anyone get offers since Monday? I didn't hear of any sent out yesterday or today yet.

Does everyone get a choice for all the interview dates they listed in the email? Maybe were the end of January people! :)

@greeneyegal92 maybe tomorrow! Or Friday! I’m actually surprised we haven’t heard about more invites.

Reactions: 2 users
It looks like there are still a few interview spots open (15-20 ish) so they may be waiting to see how many people decline before sending out more.
Hopefully :( I applied to 10 schools so I expect to get some declines but this is my friend's IS, she's devastated she hasn't gotten anything yet

Did everyone who got an invite and submitted their choice for interview date/time get a confirmation email after? I filled everything out and submitted but didn't get a confirmation, and haven't heard back when I tried to contact them.. Starting to get nervous that my interview slot will fill up in case it didn't go though.. :arghh:

Did everyone who got an invite and submitted their choice for interview date/time get a confirmation email after? I filled everything out and submitted but didn't get a confirmation, and haven't heard back when I tried to contact them.. Starting to get nervous that my interview slot will fill up in case it didn't go though.. :arghh:
No confirmation email, yet. Just a "successfully submitted" message once I hit enter on the questionnaire.

I got a email confirming the interview time I chose. I would call them if you havent gotten a email.

Yea I got a confirmation like an hour later! I would call and double check!

Check your junk folder, that's where I found mine!

Are they going to send out rejections at 5:30 too? Especially if we have to schedule interview before december 20th.

Are they going to send out rejections at 5:30 too? Especially if we have to schedule interview before december 20th.

I was under the impression they were sending out waves of interviews until tomorrow the 15th. Are they officially done sending out invites?

No they said they will be sending them out till Friday and waitlist invites will be sent Monday. :)

@FutureCrazyCatDVM22 did you call? Does OSU send waitlist for interviews? I only saw the decision timeline email say “December 5-15th: interview invites and decline notifications will be sent via email”. I’d be happy if they had waitlist since I haven’t heard!

@FutureCrazyCatDVM22 did you call? Does OSU send waitlist for interviews? I only saw the decision timeline email say “December 5-15th: interview invites and decline notifications will be sent via email”. I’d be happy if they had waitlist since I haven’t heard!
It was posted on the APVMA on Facebook. The person said she spoke to an advisor :)

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone get an invite today? I still haven't heard anything

This not hearing anything for the "week" theyre supposed to be sending invites is bizarre. If you're going to deny me just do it already!:laugh:

Reactions: 7 users
This not hearing anything for the "week" theyre supposed to be sending invites is bizarre. If you're going to deny me just do it already!:laugh:
PREACH. I feel like I'm going to break my browser by how many times I check my portals!

Has anyone heard anything? Today is the last day on their timeline for interviews and rejections to be sent out. Confused why so many people still have yet to hear.

Has anyone heard anything? Today is the last day on their timeline for interviews and rejections to be sent out. Confused why so many people still have yet to hear.
Even 20 years from now, the word "pending" will still cause me psychological stress. I assume they're going to send rejections with the interview waitlist on Monday, but you would think they would've at least sent a few rejections by now.