-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State c/o 2023
Started by DrinkWater95
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
nope! i just wanna know either way at this point so i can move onHas anyone who is still waiting heard from Ohio today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They're messing with my emotions!! Ahhhh. Thanks for calling!I just called admissions and was told that everyone should hear by the end of next week.
What do students typically wear to class? Is it business casual or can we wear whatever we want?
asrdvm2023
Full Member
What do students typically wear to class? Is it business casual or can we wear whatever we want?
I have a friend who’s a 4th year and I sat in on some of her classes with her and most people just wore like jeans/casual clothes and some people wore scrubs if they had labs or treatments. I’m obviously not there yet so someone else might be able to answer this question better but from what I saw it was pretty casual!
What do students typically wear to class? Is it business casual or can we wear whatever we want?
That’s completely dependent on how burnt out/ tired you are that day lolol. You can wear basically anything you want. Minus like PJs lol (Obv this doesn’t apply once you get to clinics). Most people wear scrubs for anatomy.
asrdvm2023
Full Member
That’s completely dependent on how burnt out/ tired you are that day lolol. You can wear basically anything you want. Minus like PJs lol (Obv this doesn’t apply once you get to clinics). Most people wear scrubs for anatomy.
Is the norm usually those light purple colored scrubs or do people wear other colors?
Can you wear running shorts or sweats or leggings to class?
Is the norm usually those light purple colored scrubs or do people wear other colors?
Hmmm not sure about light purple. The student color as least for clinics is Ceil Blue. But it’s doesnt matter what color prior to 4th year.
Yes.Can you wear running shorts or sweats or leggings to class?
asrdvm2023
Full Member
Hmmm not sure about light purple. The student color as least for clinics is Ceil Blue. But it’s doesnt matter what color prior to 4th year.
I think that’s what I meant [emoji23] it’s like a light bluish/purple color. Like what the interns on grey’s anatomy wear haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that’s what I meant [emoji23] it’s like a light bluish/purple color. Like what the interns on grey’s anatomy wear haha
the vet students wear "ceil blue" 😉
Has anyone else missed the call from the dean about their acceptance? I feel sort of bad about missing it and I’m wondering if I should call him back to chat lol
asrdvm2023
Full Member
Has anyone else missed the call from the dean about their acceptance? I feel sort of bad about missing it and I’m wondering if I should call him back to chat lol
Did you get accepted by email or phone? I only got an email acceptance but nothing since then
MilVet
Full Member
You could call Sandra or Ashley in admissions and just ask if there's anything you need to do and explain that you missed your phone call. I missed mine the first time as well too, haha. But I just called them back and they basically said congrats again and told me I'd be getting an email and scholarship info and all that later on. Congrats man!Has anyone else missed the call from the dean about their acceptance? I feel sort of bad about missing it and I’m wondering if I should call him back to chat lol
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
Did you get accepted by email or phone? I only got an email acceptance but nothing since then
Got accepted by email first, then phone a few days later!
You could call Sandra or Ashley in admissions and just ask if there's anything you need to do and explain that you missed your phone call. I missed mine the first time as well too, haha. But I just called them back and they basically said congrats again and told me I'd be getting an email and scholarship info and all that later on. Congrats man!
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
Thanks and congrats to you too!
asrdvm2023
Full Member
Got accepted by email first, then phone a few days later!
Well congrats!! I’ll be seeing ya this fall!!
Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those who haven't heard yet - I remember how stressful decision week was!!
If one of you would be willing to pass on a message in the fall to someone at the vet school, please PM me. I'd be very grateful!
If one of you would be willing to pass on a message in the fall to someone at the vet school, please PM me. I'd be very grateful!
hazelbasil
New Member
Just got an email. OOS waitlisted.
IS waitlisted!! Does anyone know how many they take off the waitlist approximately every year?!
hazelbasil
New Member
Anyone know if it’s a combined waitlist or if they have one for IS and one for OOS?
Is rejected
What do students typically wear to class? Is it business casual or can we wear whatever we want?
I’m a first year and I live in leggings.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same hereIs rejected
Does anyone know if the waitlist this year is separated or combined???
Last year there was two
Does anyone know the chances of getting off the waitlist if you are number 1-10?
I was on the IS waitlist at #5 last year and it never ended up moving. It did move previous years though, so you never really know! You should have a decent idea by the decision deadline (usually sometime in April) because most IS people have made a decision by then and you will know if it is moving or not. The OOS waitlist usually moves at least some every year.
vethopeful124
Full Member
I was told ohio state requires you to get an Ipad is this true ?
MilVet
Full Member
I was told ohio state requires you to get an Ipad is this true ?
Yeah it’s on the required items list
vethopeful124
Full Member
Yeah it’s on the required items list
any specific kind? which is most popular?
asrdvm2023
Full Member
Yeah it’s on the required items list
Where did you find that list?
asrdvm2023
Full Member
Where did you find that list?
Never mind. Found it.
MilVet
Full Member
any specific kind? which is most popular?
I got the most recent one but I think it really matters about the iOS. I’m pretty sure they said 6th gen or newer at the interview briefing
MilVet
Full Member
Where did you find that list?
I asked admissions to send me an updated one. Best bet if the one online is from last year
vethopeful124
Full Member
I got the most recent one but I think it really matters about the iOS. I’m pretty sure they said 6th gen or newer at the interview briefing
sweet thank you!!
asrdvm2023
Full Member
It feels super weird not having really anything to do right now [emoji23] Like i feel like i should be writing an essay or submitting something or something
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
vethopeful124
Full Member
It feels super weird not having really anything to do right now [emoji23] Like i feel like i should be writing an essay or submitting something or something
hahaha I’m with you there. I’m like stressed about nothing just out of habit.
asrdvm2023
Full Member
hahaha I’m with you there. I’m like stressed about nothing just out of habit.
Same!! It’s the weirdest feeling.
vethopeful124
Full Member
Same!! It’s the weirdest feeling.
Did you accept your spot yet? I’m pretty much 99% sure i’m going to. I loved my visit and interview here
asrdvm2023
Full Member
Did you accept your spot yet? I’m pretty much 99% sure i’m going to. I loved my visit and interview here
Yeah I did. I accepted like 30 minutes after I got the e-mail [emoji23] It’s my in state school and I’ve always wanted to go. It’s also the best program out of all the schools I applied to (and the cheapest)
vethopeful124
Full Member
Yeah I did. I accepted like 30 minutes after I got the e-mail [emoji23] It’s my in state school and I’ve always wanted to go. It’s also the best program out of all the schools I applied to (and the cheapest)
Same here even though i’m OOS (my IS is penn so still cheaper) [emoji23]