Ohio State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

does anyone know if/how interviews are happening this year? Ohio State is the only school I'm applying to that doesn't seem to have cancelled (or have never required) interviews. I'm an oos first time applicant 🙂
Ohio State's website has an update on the admissions section that states 2020-2021 cycle's in-person interviews are cancelled and will be held virtually.
 
Is there a portal page to check? I submitted my supplement and tried to login there but it’s very confusing and doesn’t seem to work. Do they communicate via email?
So, I just figured this out recently. On their portal, there is an “Application Status” box you can click on! If you don’t see the list of options, there’s two little chain links at the top of the page you can click on to get to that list of options. It was quite a ways down on mine. I hope that made sense! Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I just figured this out recently. On their portal, there is an “Application Status” box you can click on! If you don’t see the list of options, there’s two little chain links at the top of the page you can click on to get to that list of options. It was quite a ways down on mine. I hope that made sense! Good luck!
This is true, though they don’t really update this. All communication will be done through email initially.
For example, my interview invite was never included on there. I just got an email about it with a link to sign up. My ultimate rejection was put on there eventually but not until way after the email was sent.
 
This is true, though they don’t really update this. All communication will be done through email initially.
For example, my interview invite was never included on there. I just got an email about it with a link to sign up. My ultimate rejection was put on there eventually but not until way after the email was sent.

Oh, that’s good to know! Thank you!
 
Does anyone know when they applied if the physiology prerequisite number of credits was 5-10? I swore it was 3 credits. They also don't have the organic chemistry anymore.

Can someone answer this for me?
 
Can anyone help me with the biochemistry requirement?
Do they accept just Biochem I? I took just biochem I, finished mediocre, and planned to take principles of Biochem at a different university instead. With COVID and online classes, I decided it would be best for me to drop Principles of Biochem, but I forgot all about tOSU's biochem I and II or principles requirement. I just listed Biochem I on my application, and now I'm worried I'll be rejected for not meeting the prerequisite courses..
 
You won’t be rejected for not having the course completed, but if you are accepted and can’t get the course done in time then you will not be able to attend. If they have a question about your courses they will email you.



QUOTE="Nottodaysatan821, post: 22251930, member: 895420"]
Can anyone help me with the biochemistry requirement?
Do they accept just Biochem I? I took just biochem I, finished mediocre, and planned to take principles of Biochem at a different university instead. With COVID and online classes, I decided it would be best for me to drop Principles of Biochem, but I forgot all about tOSU's biochem I and II or principles requirement. I just listed Biochem I on my application, and now I'm worried I'll be rejected for not meeting the prerequisite courses..
[/QUOTE]
 
Can anyone help me with the biochemistry requirement?
Do they accept just Biochem I? I took just biochem I, finished mediocre, and planned to take principles of Biochem at a different university instead. With COVID and online classes, I decided it would be best for me to drop Principles of Biochem, but I forgot all about tOSU's biochem I and II or principles requirement. I just listed Biochem I on my application, and now I'm worried I'll be rejected for not meeting the prerequisite courses..

This is what the website says, " If Biochemistry is taught as a 2-part sequence, both parts are required. Lab is not required. " My school only offers it as a one-part course with no lab.
 
Does anyone know when they applied if the physiology prerequisite number of credits was 5-10? I swore it was 3 credits. They also don't have the organic chemistry anymore.

Can someone answer this for me?

I think it's always been that way...at least it was in 2016 when I applied....but they also used to have you email your physiology syllabus so they could just check that you meet the requirements. I think the actual number of credits is less important.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it's always been that way...at least it was in 2016 when I applied....but they also used to have you email your physiology syllabus so they could just check that you meet the requirements. I think the actual number of credits is less important.
I applied last year and it was only 3 credits.

I was just trying to see if they changes the requirements before or after the submission deadline.
 
I applied last year and it was only 3 credits.

I was just trying to see if they changes the requirements before or after the submission deadline.

I think it may depend on your course. Some schools break this course into a 2 part series and I have seen others offer it as a one semester course. You can always contact them to confirm.
 
IS, 1st time applicant, half traditional, half not traditional (military gap year and college in HS).

***HAS ANYONE RECEIVED INTERVIEW INVITES YET?***
 
Yay update! Got this email this morning!
 

Attachments

  • 6AA6EE95-5387-4DB8-A229-211CCF9360FE.png
    6AA6EE95-5387-4DB8-A229-211CCF9360FE.png
    178 KB · Views: 290
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else find it interesting that they are giving out interviews over a duration of weeks vs the traditional they usually do which is all on one day they send out invites

Not particularly. A bunch of schools do that
 
Hey guys! Current first year at tOSU and thought I would give some info from last year. Interview invites went out around December 18th - there was one main wave that went out that week, with continued invitations off the waitlist through December and into January.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m thinking maybe it MIGHT (this is just my conspiracy theory) be related to when they’ll be reviewing for interviews? Like maybe the people who got the email in September will hear about interviews in December and maybe those who got it later like me will hear in January?
or it’s completely random or by VMCA number in order or something lol