Ohio State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS state applicant. I submitted to VMCAS 8/20, verified 8/21, and received that email on 9/16.
So it seems like a batch of ‘we have received all of your materials’ emails on 9/16 and another on 11/17? It seems semi-random as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I got mine on September 21 and submitted September 15. I honestly don’t think it means anything. It seems like an automated email that goes out to everyone who has applied

So it seems like a batch of ‘we have received all of your materials’ emails on 9/16 and another on 11/17? It seems semi-random as well.
Agreed. Kind of strange that it got split into two groups that seem to be just random.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just adding to the data, but I'm oos, submitted vmcas in august and received that email in September. Only thing I can think of is that I'm non-traditional so I did their pre-req evaluation thing, so I received an applicant number early, so maybe verification went more quickly? But I also don't think it matters, seems random.

Reactions: 1 users
Just adding to the data, but I'm oos, submitted vmcas in august and received that email in September. Only thing I can think of is that I'm non-traditional so I did their pre-req evaluation thing, so I received an applicant number early, so maybe verification went more quickly? But I also don't think it matters, seems random.
Didn’t cross my mind, but I also did the pre-req evaluation thing as a non-traditional (ish) applicant.

Didn’t cross my mind, but I also did the pre-req evaluation thing as a non-traditional (ish) applicant.
What is the pre-req evaluation? Also when you say applicant number what does that actually mean?

What is the pre-req evaluation? Also when you say applicant number what does that actually mean?
It's an interactive process that helps you determine if it's worth applying in a certain year or how to schedule your classes as a pre-vet. I'm non-traditional in vet tech school and I wasn't sure if my a&p and public speaking classes would count toward pre-reqs. plus wasn't sure if my science classes from grad school -- mostly ecology -- would count towards the science requirement. They have a link to a form on their site and admissions will tell you if your courses count or not. you have to submit your transcripts if i remember correctly too. It was really helpful for me - I really didn't think as many of my courses would count as they do.

here: "Prerequisite Evaluation – gpadmissions.osu.edu/pdf/PrereqEval.pdf

and then you receive a number back with your eval that you're supposed to include in your application.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything about the process for this year? I can't imagine they'd have OOS travel for interviews?

Has anyone heard anything about the process for this year? I can't imagine they'd have OOS travel for interviews?
This was on the website "In person interviews for the 2020-2021 application cycle are canceled. We will provide additional updates in the future as interviews will be held in a virtual format. More information is provided below and please visit our list of frequently asked questions for additional interview information."

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about interviews yet?!

Nope! OSU sent them out mid-late December last cycle. My interview was like Jan 11th.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know when we should be hearing back about interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys first year osu student here! If you guys have any questions at all shoot me a message. I remember how obsessed I was with SDN during this time last year so if you need to talk, vent, or need advice I'm here.

Hi guys first year osu student here! If you guys have any questions at all shoot me a message. I remember how obsessed I was with SDN during this time last year so if you need to talk, vent, or need advice I'm here.
Do you remember what day your had received your interview invite? and were you OOS or IS?

Do you remember what day your had received your interview invite? and were you OOS or IS?
I received my invite December 19th and I was oos. So within the next few weeks you should hear from them hopefully!

I received my invite December 19th and I was oos. So within the next few weeks you should hear from them hopefully!
Awesome thank you so much! Can I private message you and ask you some questions about OSU?

I’m a fourth year so a little farther from the application process/first year life but I’m also happy to answer questions. I’ve loved my time at OSU and some small part of me will miss vet school (but definitely not enough to stay lol).

Just got an email- invites will be sent out no later than the 23rd!!

I just got an email from OSU. They said we will hear back about interviews no later than Dec 23 ᵔ̈ 🥲

My body cannot handle these emails anymore
They're causing mini heart attacks :'-))

Reactions: 11 users
Oh man, that email 😭 my heart skipped a beat. Should have known they would do that from reading last year’s thread. Good luck everybody!!

Ugh my heart cant take much more waiting 😭

Reactions: 6 users
That was a cruel email headline

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else not heard anything from any of their schools yet? 😭 it’s killing me, I feel like I check my email every 10 minutes

Anyone else not heard anything from any of their schools yet? 😭 it’s killing me, I feel like I check my email every 10 minutes
Which schools did you apply to? I've been offered 3 interviews, a rejection and a waitlist so far

I’ve heard from KSU about an interview and was getting worried about OSU but figured it would be before Christmas (was hoping for this week lol!). I don’t hear from ISU until February bc they don’t do interviews. Just depends on the schools you apply to!

Haven't heard from any of mine yet and I applied to 9 schools😅 Not sure I can handle the waiting much longer!

Which schools did you apply to? I've been offered 3 interviews, a rejection and a waitlist so far
None of my schools have released decisions for anyone yet, it’s just the anticipation that’s killing me

Yeahhhh Corona also flipped around the cycle this year and everything is taking so much longer than it usually would. But, no news is good news. The anticipation is terrible though I'm sitting here checking my emails every opportunity I get. I can feel the gray hair strands coming in

• Haha
yeah that email made me jump out of my skin geez
i haven't heard from my schools either! ick the anxiety is getting to me

I don't know which other schools you've applied to, but WSU should be at the very end of their interview invites for OOS, Michigan should be releasing final decisions very soon, Penn just started sending out interview invites and should continue into next few weeks at least, CSU final decisions in early Jan.

Can’t wait for us to get our rejections as a nice early Xmas gift!

Jk, good luck everyone! I believe in us all!

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users
Oh man, that email 😭 my heart skipped a beat. Should have known they would do that from reading last year’s thread. Good luck everybody!!

Happens every year haha

• Haha
My OOS friend said she got an invite today but I see nothing in my inbox so brb while I panic:laugh:

• Wow
yikes yeah definitely have not heard anything yet. i'm oos as well.

Ok maybe she got it mixed up idk I’m sorry if I’m causing panic

Update: my friend thought their tease email was an interview invite

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
I’m OOS and super hopeful that we hear back tomorrow 😬 fingers crossed!