Ohio State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just adding to the data, but I'm oos, submitted vmcas in august and received that email in September. Only thing I can think of is that I'm non-traditional so I did their pre-req evaluation thing, so I received an applicant number early, so maybe verification went more quickly? But I also don't think it matters, seems random.
 
Just adding to the data, but I'm oos, submitted vmcas in august and received that email in September. Only thing I can think of is that I'm non-traditional so I did their pre-req evaluation thing, so I received an applicant number early, so maybe verification went more quickly? But I also don't think it matters, seems random.
Didn’t cross my mind, but I also did the pre-req evaluation thing as a non-traditional (ish) applicant.
 
What is the pre-req evaluation? Also when you say applicant number what does that actually mean?
It's an interactive process that helps you determine if it's worth applying in a certain year or how to schedule your classes as a pre-vet. I'm non-traditional in vet tech school and I wasn't sure if my a&p and public speaking classes would count toward pre-reqs. plus wasn't sure if my science classes from grad school -- mostly ecology -- would count towards the science requirement. They have a link to a form on their site and admissions will tell you if your courses count or not. you have to submit your transcripts if i remember correctly too. It was really helpful for me - I really didn't think as many of my courses would count as they do.

here: "Prerequisite Evaluation – gpadmissions.osu.edu/pdf/PrereqEval.pdf

and then you receive a number back with your eval that you're supposed to include in your application.
 
Has anyone heard anything about the process for this year? I can't imagine they'd have OOS travel for interviews?
 
Has anyone heard anything about the process for this year? I can't imagine they'd have OOS travel for interviews?
This was on the website "In person interviews for the 2020-2021 application cycle are canceled. We will provide additional updates in the future as interviews will be held in a virtual format. More information is provided below and please visit our list of frequently asked questions for additional interview information."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys first year osu student here! If you guys have any questions at all shoot me a message. I remember how obsessed I was with SDN during this time last year so if you need to talk, vent, or need advice I'm here.
Do you remember what day your had received your interview invite? and were you OOS or IS?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else not heard anything from any of their schools yet? 😭 it’s killing me, I feel like I check my email every 10 minutes
I’ve heard from KSU about an interview and was getting worried about OSU but figured it would be before Christmas (was hoping for this week lol!). I don’t hear from ISU until February bc they don’t do interviews. Just depends on the schools you apply to!
 
Yeahhhh Corona also flipped around the cycle this year and everything is taking so much longer than it usually would. But, no news is good news. The anticipation is terrible though I'm sitting here checking my emails every opportunity I get. I can feel the gray hair strands coming in
 
Anyone else not heard anything from any of their schools yet? 😭 it’s killing me, I feel like I check my email every 10 minutes
I don't know which other schools you've applied to, but WSU should be at the very end of their interview invites for OOS, Michigan should be releasing final decisions very soon, Penn just started sending out interview invites and should continue into next few weeks at least, CSU final decisions in early Jan.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad