You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State c/o 2026
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
any alternates hear anything?
Nothing yet🥲any alternates hear anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
I'm rooting for you! I's number 13 and losing faith because I don't think they usually make it up that high !Nothing yet🥲
You too! I’m OOS, I’ve heard in the past they’ve got up to 20s, so don’t lose hope!❤️I'm rooting for you! I's number 13 and losing faith because I don't think they usually make it up that high !
olivekitty
Full Member
Did she say around what time they’d start calling or emailing? I’m getting impatient hahaTo everyone on the alternates list patiently waiting for an update, I emailed Sandra and she said that updates should go out on the 18th or 19th.
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
what number on the waitlist are you?Did she say around what time they’d start calling or emailing? I’m getting impatient haha
No unfortunately, I’m also getting very impatient 😅Did she say around what time they’d start calling or emailing? I’m getting impatient haha
Nothing. Ive been checking non-stop and theres absolutely nothing. Don't know what their problem is...Any updates??
olivekitty
Full Member
I’m OOS! Do you think we’ll get an update after 5pm today?what number on the waitlist are you?
I think an applicant here or on last years thread said OOS only moved 30 spaces and that was it but dont take me up on that 100%. I guess each year it changes so Idk.I haven't been able to find much info on how many OOS students were pulled from the waitlist in past years, does anyone have any info on this? Also, does tOSU tend to over accept students every year?
Hi there! For c/o 2024 they started contacting people off the waitlist on April 17th, but there also wasn’t a weekend between the 15th and then. They do over-accept students but historically they pulled around 6-8 off the in state list. I’m not sure how far the OOS list moves.I haven't been able to find much info on how many OOS students were pulled from the waitlist in past years, does anyone have any info on this? Also, does tOSU tend to over accept students every year?
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
any updates from anyone? haha.....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nothing. This waiting game feels worse than decisions in February😂any updates from anyone? haha.....
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
Is this their way of denying me lol 😂
Lmao i got the same emailIs this their way of denying me lol 😂
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
If that is their way of rejecting the people on the alternate list I am super not impressed by their professionalism..Lmao i got the same email
I accepted my offer after being pulled off the IS waitlist (I was IS #3 and got a call on Monday at around 11am). However after going to pay the $25 acceptance fee, I got an error message saying could not connect. Now the professional fee is still on my To-do list in the applicant center but it says in order to pay the fee I have to accept my offer (which I had already done…). The option to Accept/Decline is no longer there. Did anyone else have this issue?!
Did you get an email as well or just a call?I accepted my offer after being pulled off the IS waitlist (I was IS #3 and got a call on Monday at around 11am). However after going to pay the $25 acceptance fee, I got an error message saying could not connect. Now the professional fee is still on my To-do list in the applicant center but it says in order to pay the fee I have to accept my offer (which I had already done…). The option to Accept/Decline is no longer there. Did anyone else have this issue?!
Got a call from Sandra asking if I was still interested in attending and then got an offer email the next day. Assuming I wouldn’t have gotten the email if I’d have said I was no longer interestedDid you get an email as well or just a call
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
Any updates from anyone this morning? lol
Kelsey Sunday Scalish
Full Member
Does anyone have experience/know anyone regarding the IS waitlist? I was originally #7 and am now #2 after the deadline. How realistic is it to think I’ll get in this year? The April 15 deadline has past so I’m not sure why they would pull people off the IS after this. I’m definitely going to start my app for next year but I’m not sure if I should wait a few months to start paying fees for supplementals.
NopeAny updates from anyone this morning? lol
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
when did they email you an update? It seems like only the instate list is moving??Does anyone have experience/know anyone regarding the IS waitlist? I was originally #7 and am now #2 after the deadline. How realistic is it to think I’ll get in this year? The April 15 deadline has past so I’m not sure why they would pull people off the IS after this. I’m definitely going to start my app for next year but I’m not sure if I should wait a few months to start paying fees for supplementals.
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
Anybody on the OOD alternate list, I called and left a voicemail asking when and if we will ever get an update. I am kind of annoyed by their lack of communication. I emailed them Monday asking if they can disclose an updated position on the list and I have not heard from them and it has been 3 days. I feel like the least they can do is email that they need more time or something...
Kelsey Sunday Scalish
Full Member
I emailed them Tuesday evening and received a reply Wednesday morningwhen did they email you an update? It seems like only the instate list is moving??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
I emailed them Monday morning and heard nothing 🤐 , like I wish they would give us something here... if you are going to not pull anybody OOS, then say it. I am holding off on signing a lease on an apartment near the school I am going to on the off chance I get pulled..I emailed them Tuesday evening and received a reply Wednesday morning
Kelsey Sunday Scalish
Full Member
Oh no I’m sorry to hear that. I highly doubt that they wouldn’t pull anybody from OOS I’ve definitely seen posts on FB of people declining their OOS seats…. I hope you hear back soon!I emailed them Monday morning and heard nothing 🤐 , like I wish they would give us something here... if you are going to not pull anybody OOS, then say it. I am holding off on signing a lease on an apartment near the school I am going to on the off chance I get pulled..
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
Okay so they have emailed me back, it seems like the class was over accepted from what I got from her email..
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
"This means that our out of state seats are full as of today. If seats open up, we will go down the alternate list.
Thanks!"
This is the email I got from Sandra.
Thanks!"
This is the email I got from Sandra.
olivekitty
Full Member
I definitely feel you— I’m waiting to sign a lease and I can’t make any decisions until I know for sure! I’m just confused because a lot of OOS people declined their seats so I would’ve thought at least a small handful would’ve heard back by now..."This means that our out of state seats are full as of today. If seats open up, we will go down the alternate list.
Thanks!"
This is the email I got from Sandra.
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
I'm pretty sure they over accepted the class and they are trying to cover it up...lolI definitely feel you— I’m waiting to sign a lease and I can’t make any decisions until I know for sure! I’m just confused because a lot of OOS people declined their seats so I would’ve thought at least a small handful would’ve heard back by now...
olivekitty
Full Member
Did Sandra or anyone else mention how many seats that need to be declined before the waitlist starts moving?I'm pretty sure they over accepted the class and they are trying to cover it up...lol
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
no, but honestly she seemed kind of unamused to be emailing with me lolDid Sandra or anyone else mention how many seats that need to be declined before the waitlist starts moving?
Kelsey Sunday Scalish
Full Member
I emailed this specific email [email protected] and got a pretty immediate response as to where I currently stand.Did Sandra or anyone else mention how many seats that need to be declined before the waitlist starts moving?
As far as my understanding goes, it’s typical for schools to over accept because it’s expected that some people will decline for their IS schools or others will have a different first choice school. The class of 2024 was huge compared to other classes, and the class of 2025 is 2 students over the 162 seats. Sandra and admissions get a lot of emails during this time so some things likely get pushed down, so I promise they aren’t ignoring you!I'm pretty sure they over accepted the class and they are trying to cover it up...lol
olivekitty
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything about if the class is full at this point or what the total # of seats are? I'd assume it's full since the OOS waitlist hasn't moved. Just wondering if there was any official confirmation since other schools' classes have been filled already.
From what I’ve seen here and on FB, they pulled 5 off the IS waitlist, and none off the OOS. Unless someone declines a seat they already accepted, the class is likely full.Has anyone heard anything about if the class is full at this point or what the total # of seats are? I'd assume it's full since the OOS waitlist hasn't moved. Just wondering if there was any official confirmation since other schools' classes have been filled already.
Kelsey Sunday Scalish
Full Member
I just got pulled off the IS waitlist!!!! I was #2!
Did they call or email? Congratulations!I just got pulled off the IS waitlist!!!! I was #2!
Kelsey Sunday Scalish
Full Member
Sandra called me around noon! Thank youuu!!!!!!!!!!Did they call or email? Congratulations!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! Excited to meet you!I just got pulled off the IS waitlist!!!! I was #2!
Kelsey Sunday Scalish
Full Member
You as well!!!!!!Congrats!! Excited to meet you!
I am moving to Colorado for vet school and my 1 bedroom near OSU campus is available to rent in August! I live in a 800sq ft 1 br in the old north/south Clintonville area. It is close to high street, but not too close, and a short walk away from a bus stop that can take you to the Vet campus if needed! It's also close to local study areas like Kafe Kerouac and Cup o Joe. $785 a month including water and addtl $30 for a cat or small dog. It is the 2nd floor of a house with a separate outside entrance and shares a large backyard and garage with the downstairs tenants.
I love this place so much and it would be perfect for a vet student. If interested PM me, I can send you the listing link and additional photos because the listing photos don't do it justice.
I love this place so much and it would be perfect for a vet student. If interested PM me, I can send you the listing link and additional photos because the listing photos don't do it justice.
Kelsey Sunday Scalish
Full Member
Sorry in advance for all of these questions 😅 I’m just a little lost at the moment and wanted to see if anyone had any answers. Has anyone received the booklist yet? I do not have experience with student loans and this will my first time using them I completed my FASFA in January and sent it to OSU…. Do I now need to contact OSU or FASFA regarding payment? Finally, where would one find grants to apply to if still applicable. Thank you!!!
Kelsey Sunday Scalish
Full Member
I actually just found the financial aid info on OSUs website!Sorry in advance for all of these questions 😅 I’m just a little lost at the moment and wanted to see if anyone had any answers. Has anyone received the booklist yet? I do not have experience with student loans and this will my first time using them I completed my FASFA in January and sent it to OSU…. Do I now need to contact OSU or FASFA regarding payment? Finally, where would one find grants to apply to if still applicable. Thank you!!!