Ohio State c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I declined my OOS seat. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
To everyone on the alternates list patiently waiting for an update, I emailed Sandra and she said that updates should go out on the 18th or 19th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm rooting for you! I's number 13 and losing faith because I don't think they usually make it up that high !
You too! I’m OOS, I’ve heard in the past they’ve got up to 20s, so don’t lose hope!❤️

To everyone on the alternates list patiently waiting for an update, I emailed Sandra and she said that updates should go out on the 18th or 19th.
Did she say around what time they’d start calling or emailing? I’m getting impatient haha

I haven't been able to find much info on how many OOS students were pulled from the waitlist in past years, does anyone have any info on this? Also, does tOSU tend to over accept students every year?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't been able to find much info on how many OOS students were pulled from the waitlist in past years, does anyone have any info on this? Also, does tOSU tend to over accept students every year?
I think an applicant here or on last years thread said OOS only moved 30 spaces and that was it but dont take me up on that 100%. I guess each year it changes so Idk.

Hi there! For c/o 2024 they started contacting people off the waitlist on April 17th, but there also wasn’t a weekend between the 15th and then. They do over-accept students but historically they pulled around 6-8 off the in state list. I’m not sure how far the OOS list moves.

8F73C1C3-6F2B-4AF0-B8C1-E471665CB911.png

haven’t gotten anything either…. #4 on oos waitlist and the anticipation is eating at me 😭

I accepted my offer after being pulled off the IS waitlist (I was IS #3 and got a call on Monday at around 11am). However after going to pay the $25 acceptance fee, I got an error message saying could not connect. Now the professional fee is still on my To-do list in the applicant center but it says in order to pay the fee I have to accept my offer (which I had already done…). The option to Accept/Decline is no longer there. Did anyone else have this issue?!

I accepted my offer after being pulled off the IS waitlist (I was IS #3 and got a call on Monday at around 11am). However after going to pay the $25 acceptance fee, I got an error message saying could not connect. Now the professional fee is still on my To-do list in the applicant center but it says in order to pay the fee I have to accept my offer (which I had already done…). The option to Accept/Decline is no longer there. Did anyone else have this issue?!
Did you get an email as well or just a call?

Did you get an email as well or just a call
Got a call from Sandra asking if I was still interested in attending and then got an offer email the next day. Assuming I wouldn’t have gotten the email if I’d have said I was no longer interested

Does anyone have experience/know anyone regarding the IS waitlist? I was originally #7 and am now #2 after the deadline. How realistic is it to think I’ll get in this year? The April 15 deadline has past so I’m not sure why they would pull people off the IS after this. I’m definitely going to start my app for next year but I’m not sure if I should wait a few months to start paying fees for supplementals.

Does anyone have experience/know anyone regarding the IS waitlist? I was originally #7 and am now #2 after the deadline. How realistic is it to think I’ll get in this year? The April 15 deadline has past so I’m not sure why they would pull people off the IS after this. I’m definitely going to start my app for next year but I’m not sure if I should wait a few months to start paying fees for supplementals.
when did they email you an update? It seems like only the instate list is moving??

Anybody on the OOD alternate list, I called and left a voicemail asking when and if we will ever get an update. I am kind of annoyed by their lack of communication. I emailed them Monday asking if they can disclose an updated position on the list and I have not heard from them and it has been 3 days. I feel like the least they can do is email that they need more time or something...

I emailed them Tuesday evening and received a reply Wednesday morning
I emailed them Monday morning and heard nothing :censored: , like I wish they would give us something here... if you are going to not pull anybody OOS, then say it. I am holding off on signing a lease on an apartment near the school I am going to on the off chance I get pulled..

I emailed them Monday morning and heard nothing :censored: , like I wish they would give us something here... if you are going to not pull anybody OOS, then say it. I am holding off on signing a lease on an apartment near the school I am going to on the off chance I get pulled..
Oh no I’m sorry to hear that. I highly doubt that they wouldn’t pull anybody from OOS I’ve definitely seen posts on FB of people declining their OOS seats…. I hope you hear back soon!

Okay so they have emailed me back, it seems like the class was over accepted from what I got from her email..

"This means that our out of state seats are full as of today. If seats open up, we will go down the alternate list.

Thanks!"

This is the email I got from Sandra.

"This means that our out of state seats are full as of today. If seats open up, we will go down the alternate list.

Thanks!"

This is the email I got from Sandra.
I definitely feel you— I’m waiting to sign a lease and I can’t make any decisions until I know for sure! I’m just confused because a lot of OOS people declined their seats so I would’ve thought at least a small handful would’ve heard back by now...

I definitely feel you— I’m waiting to sign a lease and I can’t make any decisions until I know for sure! I’m just confused because a lot of OOS people declined their seats so I would’ve thought at least a small handful would’ve heard back by now...
I'm pretty sure they over accepted the class and they are trying to cover it up...lol

I'm pretty sure they over accepted the class and they are trying to cover it up...lol
As far as my understanding goes, it’s typical for schools to over accept because it’s expected that some people will decline for their IS schools or others will have a different first choice school. The class of 2024 was huge compared to other classes, and the class of 2025 is 2 students over the 162 seats. Sandra and admissions get a lot of emails during this time so some things likely get pushed down, so I promise they aren’t ignoring you!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard anything about if the class is full at this point or what the total # of seats are? I'd assume it's full since the OOS waitlist hasn't moved. Just wondering if there was any official confirmation since other schools' classes have been filled already.

Has anyone heard anything about if the class is full at this point or what the total # of seats are? I'd assume it's full since the OOS waitlist hasn't moved. Just wondering if there was any official confirmation since other schools' classes have been filled already.
From what I’ve seen here and on FB, they pulled 5 off the IS waitlist, and none off the OOS. Unless someone declines a seat they already accepted, the class is likely full.

I am moving to Colorado for vet school and my 1 bedroom near OSU campus is available to rent in August! I live in a 800sq ft 1 br in the old north/south Clintonville area. It is close to high street, but not too close, and a short walk away from a bus stop that can take you to the Vet campus if needed! It's also close to local study areas like Kafe Kerouac and Cup o Joe. $785 a month including water and addtl $30 for a cat or small dog. It is the 2nd floor of a house with a separate outside entrance and shares a large backyard and garage with the downstairs tenants.

I love this place so much and it would be perfect for a vet student. If interested PM me, I can send you the listing link and additional photos because the listing photos don't do it justice.

Sorry in advance for all of these questions 😅 I’m just a little lost at the moment and wanted to see if anyone had any answers. Has anyone received the booklist yet? I do not have experience with student loans and this will my first time using them I completed my FASFA in January and sent it to OSU…. Do I now need to contact OSU or FASFA regarding payment? Finally, where would one find grants to apply to if still applicable. Thank you!!!