This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
currently on the OOS waitlist as #4 and am hoping I get pulled off come April 🤞🏽 I’m from California and am thinking of visiting Columbus area + Ohio state with my parents. For those who had been pulled off the waitlist in the past, would it be better to plan a visit before or wait until I hear back after April 15th?
 
I got my call from the dean at 8pm last night and missed it because I was off to bed early to wake up early...should I return the call and say thank you or something? He kinda went through the whole thing in the msg he left.
 
I got one at 1am the next day! I even called them i cuz I didn’t get one. It takes some time! It says thanks for accepting your admission or along those lines.
I never got mine… but maybe it’s because it was the weekend. If I don’t get it today I’ll call. Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I think the difference in price on the fee may be due to IS/OOS? I believe IS fee is $25, OOS is $300.
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 1.55.16 PM.png

This is what my email said. So I'm not sure but if that's what is is then its 325 for OOS and 25 for IS
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whats the FASFA code? I have one but some schools have special vet ones so I wanna verify I've chosen the right one (yes I'm posting this in all the forums of my potential schools so plz don't hate me)
 
Whats the FASFA code? I have one but some schools have special vet ones so I wanna verify I've chosen the right one (yes I'm posting this in all the forums of my potential schools so plz don't hate me)
I believe it’s just the regular OSU code, that’s what the financial advisor said in the financial aid email before the interviews at least.
 
I registered for the April 8th to go visit. We were able to register the hotel! So they must’ve fixed it. So excited to meet everyone!!!! I can’t wait!
It’ll be my family’s first ‘vacation’ in like 10 years so I’m doubly excited lol.
 
Last edited:
currently on the OOS waitlist as #4 and am hoping I get pulled off come April 🤞🏽 I’m from California and am thinking of visiting Columbus area + Ohio state with my parents. For those who had been pulled off the waitlist in the past, would it be better to plan a visit before or wait until I hear back after April 15th?
If you're number 4 on the waitlist I am about 96% sure you will be getting pulled off once the April deadline passes. You can probably count 3-4 people in this thread that have stated they will be declining their offers. With that being said, if you know for sure that you will be accepting the offer when it comes through then yes you should visit whenever is most convenient for you after the deadline. If you are still trying to decide which school and are okay with spending the money for the trip with the slight chance that you may not get pulled off the waitlist, visit before the deadline.
 
Still not sure which weekend I’m going but I will be attending admissions day! Family and I aren’t close so I’m bringing my best friend, who is basically my family 😭
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone else not gotten a call from the dean yet?
Not everyone gets called! I did not get a call and only one of my vet school friends i know did. Don’t stress if he doesn’t call you! It also does not mean anything about you or people he has called - it’s random and everyone got in equally. It was a big thing with our class 🙄. Don’t think too much about it!!! So excited to have you apart of the fam!
 
Do we think #13 OOS is a good place to be? I have been lurking on other classes forums but am having a really hard time finding how many people they got to!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Everything sent from OSU says our school email is name.#@osu.edu but mine is name.#@buckeyemail.osu.edu … are they different mailboxes?