Oklahoma State c/o 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That didn’t happen to us but I’m really glad y’all had that!!
I think they have learned a lot from last year :laugh: from everything I hear and experience

Members don't see this ad.

What happened last year D:? I heard something about accreditation..did that affect anything ??
Nah, I am referring to the people lost from the 2021 class last year (the ones CDO mentioned). I honestly don't know anything about the accreditation thing, personally!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
First year has historically been the hardest at OKState. We used to lose people as one F or two Ds is the end of the game. One D can be had but places you on accademic probation and you cannot get one the following semester.

Accreditation issues involved needing different flooring in the equine section of the animal hospital, needing to write our syllabi differently stating the goals and how to achieve them better, and funding issues, which is why we increased our class sizes. We also needed to hire some faculty positions that hadn't been filled as some folks retired.

I used to bust my butt tutoring Histo for sure to keep people afloat. I only lost one, but that was due to anatomy also taking them over.

Reactions: 2 users
I'd have to look at the student handbook again for the specifics, but basically a D in first year classes is equivalent to an F. That being said though, they really do try to ease you in, and there is a lot of support from the school, peer mentors, and individual professors offered to anyone who should fall into the danger zone. For example, a lot of people were in danger of failing (D-ing) histology last semester, but the prof offered several opportunities for make-up points and I heard he also held special review sessions focused on aiding those who were struggling. So I would not say it is "easy to fail out", there were just some very difficult professors in certain classes prior to this year (well...there still are some difficult profs, but they really don't want so many people to fail again, and will work with the class on whatever concepts may be causing issues!)
I heard there is still a very hard phys teacher for physio 2? Is the same historical first year failer or did he completely leave?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! I don't know if anyone is still on this forum but I just received an email that I was accepted as a transfer. I am freaking out... excited... but freaking out. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to live? It has to be fully furnished because I have to move in literally two days before the semester starts. An

I would start by finding and joining the class FB page - if you have trouble, I bet Anna can help. There may be someone still looking for a roomie, or someone willing to let you crash on a couch for a few days until you find an apt? There are lots of places to live in Stilly. Furnished, that's a bit harder - perhaps The Links still has furnished options?