Oklahoma State c/o 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Lupin21 Thank you so much for the info!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Also did you guys have an orientation or do you just jump right in with first day of classes in August?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also did you guys have an orientation or do you just jump right in with first day of classes in August?

There is a three day orientation where you learn all about the school and your new classmates. Then you'll have your coating ceremony the friday before classes start. You have grey coats so you can wear them in the hospital to indicate what year you are. Then you graduate to a white coat with the official OVMA and OKState patches to indicate you're almost a doctor going into clinics. haha

Reactions: 1 users
I am going to open house Saturday and am very excited! Flying down from South Carolina so this will be my only time of viewing the campus before moving in the Fall. Will be here for a few extra days just to site see and get the feel of the town. Any current students have some “must see” places in town I should check out or at open house?

Reactions: 2 users
I am going to open house Saturday and am very excited! Flying down from South Carolina so this will be my only time of viewing the campus before moving in the Fall. Will be here for a few extra days just to site see and get the feel of the town. Any current students have some “must see” places in town I should check out or at open house?
If you’re coming down tomorrow, I‘d recommend staying away from the vet school unless you like seeing people cry/ freak out about our huge anatomy exam. :laugh:

Other than that, I’ll get back to your question tomorrow lol. Must shove the entirety of the forelimb, thoracic cavity, and abdomen into my head first. :prof:

If you’re coming down tomorrow, I‘d recommend staying away from the vet school unless you like seeing people cry/ freak out about our huge anatomy exam. :laugh:

Other than that, I’ll get back to your question tomorrow lol. Must shove the entirety of the forelimb, thoracic cavity, and abdomen into my head first. :prof:
GOOD LUCK CDO YOU GON BE FAB

I think I’m already at the cry/freak out stage. :ninja:

If you’re looking for something outdoorsy to do, you should check out OSU’s botanical gardens. Very beautiful and relaxing (I should probably be going there more often). Other than that...my brain is completely fried right now and I can’t think of anything else. But the others will fill in the gaps for me later I’m sure!

I think I’m already at the cry/freak out stage. :ninja:

If you’re looking for something outdoorsy to do, you should check out OSU’s botanical gardens. Very beautiful and relaxing (I should probably be going there more often). Other than that...my brain is completely fried right now and I can’t think of anything else. But the others will fill in the gaps for me later I’m sure!
Other outdoorsy would be walk aroundBoomer Lake! It’s really pretty this time of year! But it might be cold so I’m not sure.

Umm. Other things. Uhh..

If you’re already accepted, you can check out and tour apartments/ places to live for next year so you wouldn’t have to do it later. Or come April 15th, the FB should be open with housing opportunities. My favorite complex is the Greens/ the Links. I currently like at Progress405, but will be moving to the Greens/ Links in a couple months! Prices range depending on what you want. For Stilly in general, you can rent a house with roommates for ~$400 a month, you can get a 1 bedroom apartment for between $450-1000, depending on what you want/ what you want to pay.

I’ll think of actual things to do after my exam lolol.

I would definitely check out places to live even if you plan on finding a place on FB as that way you have a feel of the town and know where the place it located. I live southwest of the vet school and the morning drive has been very convenient. I find driving north of campus frustrating as there always seems to be road closures or something. That may not be a fair assessment but from my point of view there always seems to be some sort of delay when I drive north of the vet school.

If you want a place to eat, Fuzzys is a favorite Mexican place among vet students.

Hope you have a good time this weekend and congrats on your acceptance!

Reactions: 2 users
Take a stroll down Main Street

we have a little museum that is cute (Sheerar Museum of Stillwater History), also a wrestling one if you like that, and one that is more for children but still cute WONDERtorium in which we have some ambassador events for kids sometimes. You can also check out the OSU Museum of Art that is free, but check times. I think it is Tues-Sat, no sundays.

visit Iron Monk Brewery

you should make it for the second Come and Go weekend at Lost Creek Safari open Sat and Sun from 11-5

That's all I can think of currently. You can always see a movie. Eating I am currently on a Sam's Southern Eatery kick, Fish is so delicious and Gumbo on point. Granny's for breakfast is fabulous, Da Vinci's for Italian. There are probably a couple others I may think of later. Oh, Louie's for burgers.

I suppose Eskimo Joe's is also a must do since that is also a stillwater notable. I thought their food was okay, but their store is fun.

Last edited:
Ah yes. And drop by a Braum's for ice cream or a shake. They are local and make excellent dairy products. Good burgers too, but I like the ginormous Louie's ones since I like to go big or go home. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I would definitely check out places to live even if you plan on finding a place on FB as that way you have a feel of the town and know where the place it located. I live southwest of the vet school and the morning drive has been very convenient. I find driving north of campus frustrating as there always seems to be road closures or something. That may not be a fair assessment but from my point of view there always seems to be some sort of delay when I drive north of the vet school.

If you want a place to eat, Fuzzys is a favorite Mexican place among vet students.

Hope you have a good time this weekend and congrats on your acceptance!
Mexican wise, I love El Vaq more than I like Fuzzy’s, but Fuzzy’s is great for after exam drinks. :laugh:

I go to Palomino's and load up on margaritas and food then trot over to the movies. It is quite pleasant. haha
Oooh that does sound good. El vaq has the goat cheese queso and $2-3 margaritas on some nights which makes it great. I’ve never actually made it to Palomino’s yet, which is weird!

Oooh that does sound good. El vaq has the goat cheese queso and $2-3 margaritas on some nights which makes it great. I’ve never actually made it to Palomino’s yet, which is weird!

With it being in the same lot as the theatre, it is perfect in my opinion. It has a fountain inside that I also like to sit by.

Hey! I think we met today on the tour. But, there certainly could have been more than one person from South Carolina lol

I loved the school and the town. I spent most of Friday looking at places to live which was fun but stressful!

I loved the school and the town. I spent most of Friday looking at places to live which was fun but stressful!
yay!!! I’m glad you liked the school and the town! Let me know if you have any questions! :love: I’ve been quite a great tour guide lately!

I did not meet anyone else from South Carolina there but I hope I’m not the only one!

Oh I'm from Missouri, but one of the people on my tour was from South Carolina. So, I'm thinking that might have been you? Anyways, looking forward to having classes together this fall :)

Just declined my OOS spot. Ya'll have fun out there. :)

Oh I'm from Missouri, but one of the people on my tour was from South Carolina. So, I'm thinking that might have been you? Anyways, looking forward to having classes together this fall :)

It was nice meeting you!

I know our letters of acceptance had to be post marked by April 15th last year, and if they weren’t sent, it was an understood denial of the offer. So it’ll start moving soon! I’m excited for y’all! I looked at my “letter” just now to remind myself the date and got filled with nostalgia and glee.

okie dokie. Back to studying. As always, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask/ PM me if they’re private. Go Pokes! :highfive:

I just got my acceptance email!!!!!! I will accept my seat!! I am literally crying right now.

Reactions: 13 users
Do they do phone calls and emails?

I have not heard back either.
one of the emails said they will be contacting by phone btw. @Cujo18

Last edited:
Hey guys. I just now joined sdn but I’ve been watching behind the scenes for a while. I check it so much, especially now, that I figured I might as well sign up. I’m an OOS alternate and I’ve literally been on edge all week. The wait is killing me!

Does anyone know if they will send out an email if the class fills? I hate how they don’t rank! I’m so anxious waiting to see if I get called!

I have a question about freshman housing! Does OKstate ask freshman to live on campus? I have a cat that I would like to bring along! So I figured if freshman have to live on campus the cat will be a problem. Thanks for answering!

I have a question about freshman housing! Does OKstate ask freshman to live on campus? I have a cat that I would like to bring along! So I figured if freshman have to live on campus the cat will be a problem. Thanks for answering!

For vet school, you can live anywhere. During 4th year there is a distance requirement but it is relatively unrestrictive.

If you are referring to undergrad, I have no idea. ;)

For vet school, you can live anywhere. During 4th year there is a distance requirement but it is relatively unrestrictive.

If you are referring to undergrad, I have no idea. ;)
I am asking about vet school! That’s perfect! I guess my next step is looking for a place to live.

I am asking about vet school! That’s perfect! I guess my next step is looking for a place to live.

Great! And congrats on the acceptance! I know there are always lots of housing posts on the class Facebook page.