Only about 1 month left

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by critterbug
Do you think they have already made the decision and just have the letters piled up in a closet somewhere collecting dust?

:laugh:

No they're probably in a steel briefcase handcuffed to some poor schmo.

Members don't see this ad.

At some schools, yes they do. Ohio State told me they had a meeting 2 days after our interview to discuss the candidates. Most schools already have a list with students' names on it - they just have to wait until Dec. 1 becuase AADSAS makes them.

Originally posted by jaap
- they just have to wait until Dec. 1 becuase AADSAS makes them.

one more reason to hate AADSAS!

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont think its the AADSAS in particular, but an agreement between all the dental schools.

Originally posted by PERFECT3435
one more reason to hate AADSAS!

AADSAS makes life A LOT easier for dental applicants. You applied to 36 schools, no? Imagine ordering 36 transcripts, 36 LORs, and filling out 36 seperate applications. Not fun at all!

Originally posted by Dentaldream
AADSAS makes life A LOT easier for dental applicants. You applied to 36 schools, no? Imagine ordering 36 transcripts, 36 LORs, and filling out 36 seperate applications. Not fun at all!

You forgot to mention easier on your pocket book, since schools charge fees for official transcripts.

Originally posted by ShawnOne
I dont think its the AADSAS in particular, but an agreement between all the dental schools.

From the HSDM website: "In accordance with an agreement among the dental schools which utilize AADSAS, acceptance letters are not sent out prior to December 1st."

1 more day!!!!!!

Before monday

this countdown actually makes me kinda scared now.

i hope it won't turn out to be ironic for anyone. all that excitment and happyness and dec 1 comes out and you hear something that you didn't want.

well, i guess we'll find out soon.

Well Perfect lemme ask you something. Letters are mailed out Dec. 1 , so that means we should have to wait atleast until Dec. 10 doesn't it? Are you willing to call the schools onm Dec.1 to confirm if you have been accepted or still pending?

I'll answer that for him, yes.

I have been refraining from posting on this thread. But, since we are within 2 weeks, I am starting to really get excited!

YYAAAOO!

Members don't see this ad :)
I will absolutely call my top choices on Dec. 1st, cant do any harm.

And yes, i too woke up really excited this morning now that we are down to 2 weeks.

Im sure it will turn to an anxious/excited/nervous mixture next week.

Oh ya, 13 days:clap: :clap:

HAHA. If you woke up excited about it only being two weeks, I bet you will be peeing your pants come Dec. 1st :laugh:

Originally posted by critterbug
HAHA. If you woke up excited about it only being two weeks, I bet you will be peeing your pants come Dec. 1st :laugh:

exactly:D , lets hope I will be peeing in joy rather than despair though.

14 days left!!!!!!!

YYAAAOO!

most definately!
i am calling at 4 am my time. who could sleep anyways?

BTW, its

13 days!

Originally posted by PERFECT3435
most definately!
i am calling at 4 am my time. who could sleep anyways?

BTW, its

13 days!

Where are you calling? IU? Wont it be 6 or 7am there when you call?? I doubt anyone will be in the office at that time.

Originally posted by Dentaldream
Where are you calling? IU? Wont it be 6 or 7am there when you call?? I doubt anyone will be in the office at that time.

The people at IU are going to be there at like 5 in the morning from what I've heard. I think that's pretty cool of them... it helps all of us anal people who cannot wait until 8 A.M.

IUSD.

the Dir. of ADCOM told me he starts his day at 5 am that day because DEC 1st is exciting for him too. he told me i could call him any day and i told him he'll hear from me 1st thing.

Wow, thats dedication!

NO it's 14 days!!!!! check for your self. count down the days and try for yourself.

you get to find out on Dec 1. so there is 13 days and 12 hrs left:laugh:

can't believe we are doing this. man hopefully one day we'll come back and laugh at all of these threads...:)

I thought it was pretty amazing that at the Louisville interview they told us that someone goes in and sends emails out with offers at 12:01am on Dec. 1st. I know I'll be up waiting!!

Originally posted by zimaad
I thought it was pretty amazing that at the Louisville interview they told us that someone goes in and sends emails out with offers at 12:01am on Dec. 1st. I know I'll be up waiting!!

damn, i was told they do the same thing at IUSD (although not sure of the time).

ok i guess wel'll be up at least till mid night on NOV 30. ya right, i know none of you guys could sleep that night:laugh: :laugh:

Man. I wish ALL schools sent emails like that. Whats up with this snail mail letter stuff.

I have been refraining from posting on this thread. But, since we are within 2 weeks, I am starting to really get excited!

YYAAAOO!

Nova told us people might receive "big" packages on Saturday which is 11/29 depending on the post service. The magic starts from Thanksgiving week!

Hey, doesn't it make you guys wonder why do they have to go to the office to send email at midnite? They can program Outlook to do so for them.
I will have doubt about that school. Hmmm.....Hmmmm They are not technology up to speed yet. What will they teach me?
Sorry to spoil the fun. But I have lots of doubt

Wow I haven't seen this many high strung people in one place since my chem 1 final sophomore year.

Tinker,

I was thinkng of the same, but maybe they do employ such technology but wanted the students to think that the ad com adds that personal touch of actually sitting down and sending individual emails to 50 studnets at midnight. see the imagery? very exciting. reminds me of staring at the clock on the new year's eve.

Good luck everyone. This year, i have the luxuary of waiting on Dec 1st as well!

Comet

Hey Guys,

Don't forget to update the "Official 2004 Applicant Thread" so guys like me who are applying next year can know the whole story for each one of you guys.

Hope you all get in where you want.

12 DAYS!!!!!!! oh wait, im in south africa...nevermind - it's still the better part of 13 days.

Hey...this really kinda sucks, but "hypothetically" if i do get an acceptance on dec.1st, i won't get the satisfaction of running to the mailbox to look for letters. I'm just gonna have someone call me here and say "oh hey, you got in." :( no anticipation at all.

i suppose there are worse things in life.

Reed,

Are you studying overseas?? I can't wait until the 1st, I guarantee I'll be 100% less stressed out? thank god.

11 days,,and im real tired/annoyed with waiting.:mad:

Only 10 DAYS left................:clap:

This has felt last one long month. I mean, goodness, we're only on the 20th!

Come on December 1st, show yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

These last 10 days are going to seem longer than the 6 months I have been waiting since June. I wish there was something to take my mind off of it. It is all I think about right now. Good luck to everyone.

i still dont know why people are messing up the days. we have 11 days left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are not counting the current day. And if you dont count that day then the only way to get 11 days would be to count the 1st. So, not counting the first gives you 10 days. I know I will be getting up early and calling schools on the first, so I am certainly not going to be waiting all day on the 1st.

Maybe that made sense....

ohcdcn,

what was your QR score?:laugh:

j/k man. trust us its 10 days! just trust us!

ONLY "9" days Left!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Geeez! What were you guys like as kids just before Christmas? RELAX and enjoy Thanksgiving! Dec 1st will get here when it gets here. I am excited too but this countdown thing has got to be eating you all up and making it seem longer than it really is.
RELAX!

Hi swiminh2o

Have u interviewed @UW yet?

ALAS, no!

I just found out last week that one of my transcripts got "lost" so I had my school re-send. Bummer. I am hoping to hear soon about an interview once my file is complete. How 'bout you? Let me know how it goes if you don't mind! Good luck.

I am interviewing in the middle of January. I submitted the
secondary may be 6 weeks back, they called to set up
the interview. All the best friend!

Don't be so neurotic! Relax until Dec. 1st...and I think the whole calling the schools on the day of idea is obnoxious. Just wait for that damn letter. I'm sure those admissions offices don't need an influx of crazy pre-dent phone calls.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Hey guys,
I was wondering....does EVERYONE get notified on Dec. 1st? I thought Dec. 1st is the EARLIEST to get notified. So people could definately get notified a bit later also right?

I sent my AADSAS in July, interviewed in October at a school.....do you think I'll hear on Dec. 1st?
They said admission is on a rolling basis, what does that mean?
I wasn't sure if they pick out the full class at once or just send out letters in batches...

Also, if someone with the same exact stats as you applied about 2 or 3 months later than you, will you get first dibs because you applied early? How will they choose between the two?

:cool:

prgr,

Most people will receive a notification from every school they applied to on Dec. 1. It may say you are accepted, rejected, or still being considered. Rolling admissions means they review applications in the order they are received, and many times will start accepting people in that order as well. This is not an exact science however. The person that applies two months later will likely have a harder time getting in on Dec. 1 but may have no problem getting in in January. It's different for every school....there is an advantage to applying early, but not a huge factor overall.