-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Oregon State c/o 2023
Started by ziggyandjazzy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'll be here to answer questions as well. OSU hasn't had many active forum members the past few years so it has been hard to get info about the school.
🙁 sorry!I'll be here to answer questions as well. OSU hasn't had many active forum members the past few years so it has been hard to get info about the school.
Feel free to PM me or ask me anything. I'm entering 3rd year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't be sorry! You have been super helpful!!🙁 sorry!
Feel free to PM me or ask me anything. I'm entering 3rd year.
You have been very helpful! It's just such a small class size so it's natural for there to not be a ton of representation here.🙁 sorry!
Feel free to PM me or ask me anything. I'm entering 3rd year.
Second application cycle, first time applying to OSU. Can anyone tell me, since OOS don’t get interviews, when do we hear back? Do we have to wait until the IS have interviews and hear back?
Second application cycle, first time applying to OSU. Can anyone tell me, since OOS don’t get interviews, when do we hear back? Do we have to wait until the IS have interviews and hear back?
I am applying OOS as well, and was actually just looking into this yesterday!! It looks like last year OOS decisions went out on 12/06
I am applying OOS as well, and was actually just looking into this yesterday!! It looks like last year OOS decisions went out on 12/06
Thank for the info! Now I can stop worrying as much about this school for a little while. 🙂
Last year they were notified well before IS students.Second application cycle, first time applying to OSU. Can anyone tell me, since OOS don’t get interviews, when do we hear back? Do we have to wait until the IS have interviews and hear back?
Not applying to Oregon but I’m here for the Ed Sheeran beaver gif [emoji23][emoji23]
Well thank you. I tried lolNot applying to Oregon but I’m here for the Ed Sheeran beaver gif [emoji23][emoji23]
I saw someone say that they were trying to let everyone know beginning of next week, so hopefully we hear something soon!It's been pretty quiet here... do you guys think us OOS applicants will hear back soon? It looks like notifications have gone out on 12/6 the past two years!
The quarter ends tomorrow. So hopefully by next week you guys are notified. Current 3rd year here - open to answering any questions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Admissions files were due a week ago so I'd imagine the process will be fairly fast from here.
I'm sorry 🙁IS rejection just received
You’re so sweet! It was my #1 for financial reasons but I didn’t *really* want to spend another 4-ish years in Corvallis so it’s bittersweetI'm sorry 🙁
Congrats!!!! 😀 😀 😀 How did you find out??OOS Accepted!!!!!!!!!! [emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Congrats!!!! 😀 😀 😀 How did you find out??
Thank you!
They sent me an email at 11:30 am Mountain time! 🙂
Oregon doesn’t have a “portal” page since the supplemental was done on that like google page thing, right?
Not sure if they also call to inform status! .
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
D
deleted955210
OOS Accepted!!!!!!!!!! [emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Congrats!!! Which state are you from?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you!!
I am from New Mexico!
Would you also like to see my stats?
Edit:
I just posted them because I had them from somewhere else anyways.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
OOS, New Mexico, 1st time applicant, 22 years old.
cum. GPA: 3.93
Science GPA: 3.81
Math GPA: 4.00
Last 45: 3.97
Awards/Honors
Summa cum laude
Deans list all 8 semesters
Honor society member
Class valedictorian IN HS
LOR
DVM I interned with
DVM I work with
4 Professors from my school who knew me VERY well (Genetics prof., Biochemistry prof., prof. who I did research with, and prof. from animal science course)
Experience:
Shelter Clinic Volunteer ~500 hours
Shelter volunteer (dog walking, adoption counseling, etc.) — 1000 hours
Vet assistant at a vet hospital — 350 hours
Kennel assistant at same vet hospital — 200 hours
Exotics — 90 hours
Foster (bottle feeding, etc) — 70
Volunteer experience:
Volunteering with homeless shelters — 300 hours
Foster children tutor — 200 hours
High school experience
Student council Vice President and President — 250 hours
Student body president — 36 hours
Non-animal related work experience
Frozen yogurt store — 2000 hours
Research
Ecosystem science intern and presenter at annual science presentation — 150 hours
Essays:
I just talked about how I have wanted to be a vet since I was raised in a rural community and that I want to give back to my community. I especially talked about how devoted and passionate I am about animal health.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
cum. GPA: 3.93
Science GPA: 3.81
Math GPA: 4.00
Last 45: 3.97
Awards/Honors
Summa cum laude
Deans list all 8 semesters
Honor society member
Class valedictorian IN HS
LOR
DVM I interned with
DVM I work with
4 Professors from my school who knew me VERY well (Genetics prof., Biochemistry prof., prof. who I did research with, and prof. from animal science course)
Experience:
Shelter Clinic Volunteer ~500 hours
Shelter volunteer (dog walking, adoption counseling, etc.) — 1000 hours
Vet assistant at a vet hospital — 350 hours
Kennel assistant at same vet hospital — 200 hours
Exotics — 90 hours
Foster (bottle feeding, etc) — 70
Volunteer experience:
Volunteering with homeless shelters — 300 hours
Foster children tutor — 200 hours
High school experience
Student council Vice President and President — 250 hours
Student body president — 36 hours
Non-animal related work experience
Frozen yogurt store — 2000 hours
Research
Ecosystem science intern and presenter at annual science presentation — 150 hours
Essays:
I just talked about how I have wanted to be a vet since I was raised in a rural community and that I want to give back to my community. I especially talked about how devoted and passionate I am about animal health.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
OOS, New Mexico, 1st time applicant, 22 years old.
cum. GPA: 3.93
Science GPA: 3.81
Math GPA: 4.00
Last 45: 3.97
Awards/Honors
Summa cum laude
Deans list all 8 semesters
Honor society member
Class valedictorian IN HS
LOR
DVM I interned with
DVM I work with
4 Professors from my school who knew me VERY well (Genetics prof., Biochemistry prof., prof. who I did research with, and prof. from animal science course)
Experience:
Shelter Clinic Volunteer ~500 hours
Shelter volunteer (dog walking, adoption counseling, etc.) — 1000 hours
Vet assistant at a vet hospital — 350 hours
Kennel assistant at same vet hospital — 200 hours
Exotics — 90 hours
Foster (bottle feeding, etc) — 70
Volunteer experience:
Volunteering with homeless shelters — 300 hours
Foster children tutor — 200 hours
High school experience
Student council Vice President and President — 250 hours
Student body president — 36 hours
Non-animal related work experience
Frozen yogurt store — 2000 hours
Research
Ecosystem science intern and presenter at annual science presentation — 150 hours
Essays:
I just talked about how I have wanted to be a vet since I was raised in a rural community and that I want to give back to my community. I especially talked about how devoted and passionate I am about animal health.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
What’s your first initial of your last name? I’m still hoping mine will come soon because I have W for a last name
What’s your first initial of your last name? I’m still hoping mine will come soon because I have W for a last name
Last year, all OOS WICHE and IS applicants heard back first. All regular OOS applicants heard back the following week. My guess is that OSU is following the same timeline, because I haven’t heard anything.
I am OOS. Where are you guys seeing/getting your rejections/acceptances?
I am OOS. Where are you guys seeing/getting your rejections/acceptances?
@M.v.123 got their acceptance through email. OSU doesn’t have a portal.
@M.v.123 got their acceptance through email. OSU doesn’t have a portal.
Thank you so very much! I applied to so many schools that it is hard to remember which ones had portals.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted955210
OOS, New Mexico, 1st time applicant, 22 years old.
cum. GPA: 3.93
Science GPA: 3.81
Math GPA: 4.00
Last 45: 3.97
Awards/Honors
Summa cum laude
Deans list all 8 semesters
Honor society member
Class valedictorian IN HS
LOR
DVM I interned with
DVM I work with
4 Professors from my school who knew me VERY well (Genetics prof., Biochemistry prof., prof. who I did research with, and prof. from animal science course)
Experience:
Shelter Clinic Volunteer ~500 hours
Shelter volunteer (dog walking, adoption counseling, etc.) — 1000 hours
Vet assistant at a vet hospital — 350 hours
Kennel assistant at same vet hospital — 200 hours
Exotics — 90 hours
Foster (bottle feeding, etc) — 70
Volunteer experience:
Volunteering with homeless shelters — 300 hours
Foster children tutor — 200 hours
High school experience
Student council Vice President and President — 250 hours
Student body president — 36 hours
Non-animal related work experience
Frozen yogurt store — 2000 hours
Research
Ecosystem science intern and presenter at annual science presentation — 150 hours
Essays:
I just talked about how I have wanted to be a vet since I was raised in a rural community and that I want to give back to my community. I especially talked about how devoted and passionate I am about animal health.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Thank you!! You have awesome stats and totally deserve to get in!! Congrats again [emoji3]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you so very much! I applied to so many schools that it is hard to remember which ones had portals.
No problem! Best of luck to you! [emoji4]
Congrats to the incoming class!
To those who haven’t had great news: good luck on your other applications and you can always try again if you want. Remember that it’s not personal. You are still great!
If anyone needs anything, let me know!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
To those who haven’t had great news: good luck on your other applications and you can always try again if you want. Remember that it’s not personal. You are still great!
If anyone needs anything, let me know!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got an interview invite yesterday!
Congrats! Last year the odds for IS students getting interviews was pretty good.I got an interview invite yesterday!
Thank you! That’s good to hear. Was the MMI better or worse than you were expecting? I’ve had one interview so far but this will be my first MMI 😕Congrats! Last year the odds for IS students getting interviews was pretty good.
Thank you! That’s good to hear. Was the MMI better or worse than you were expecting? I’ve had one interview so far but this will be my first MMI 😕
I didn’t do it personally because I’m OOS, but others in my class said the MMI was fine!
yuriaru
Full Member
Harper’sMom
New Member
OOS waitlisted. No rankings yet.
Harper’sMom
New Member
I think so, my email said “alternate”OOS alternate. Is this the same as a waitlist? I'm not too familiar. Congrats to those who were accepted 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS rejected....
Also OOS waitlisted.
Edit: like others I would love to hear how they rank the waitlist, etc. c:
Edit: like others I would love to hear how they rank the waitlist, etc. c:
They weren't as bad as I thought. I prefer them to regular interviews, but that's just meThank you! That’s good to hear. Was the MMI better or worse than you were expecting? I’ve had one interview so far but this will be my first MMI 😕
Congrats to all accepted!
And to all waitlisted: I know of a fair amount of people in my class who were originally waitlisted. It isn't over until it's over.
For those rejected, I'm sorry. Hold your head up high.
And if anyone has questions about OSU, I would still be happy to answer them on here or in a PM.
And to all waitlisted: I know of a fair amount of people in my class who were originally waitlisted. It isn't over until it's over.
For those rejected, I'm sorry. Hold your head up high.
And if anyone has questions about OSU, I would still be happy to answer them on here or in a PM.