OSU-COM Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
for those of you who have submitted their secondary recently, how long did it take to receive an interview invite?

How do you find out about the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I think time to receive an interview is the biggest variable in the admissions process. Assuming you have 4.0 gpa from Well known University, 36 MCAT, Astronomical # Hours Shadowing, Letters of Rec that make you look like a Saint, and Personal Statement that Supports said Rec's. You should receive a invite the next time they meet to review interview slots.

Interviews are offered by email, and phone. Last year they called me first then followed up with a email to verify information.

anyone heard anything? osu is out for christmas break at the end of next week. for january interviews they should start calling prob early next week due to bad weather (ice) moving in for the rest of the week.

Members don't see this ad :)
haven't heard a thing....

The weather is supposed to be really bad here. I have a final on tues and wed.

concerned.....

An interview invite would certainly cheer me up.

everybody stay warm,

T

any out of staters received an interview or acceptance....if so what were your numbers???

Last year I got my call for an interview invite right when they came back after Christmas break for an interview like on the 23rd or somewhere around there. So if you don't get a call next week, I wouldn't get discouraged just yet.

Does anyone know how many spots they have filled? Also how does the wait list work at OSU? Do they review your application everytime the Admissions Committee meets and possibly offer acceptance?

Does anyone know how many spots they have filled? Also how does the wait list work at OSU? Do they review your application everytime the Admissions Committee meets and possibly offer acceptance?

My friend interviewed the first week of December and she said that they had accepted 20 to 30 students and interviewed around 90. That number must have changed cause that was two weeks ago. They will constantly review your file if you are put on waitlist....you shouldn't worry if you are put on waitlist because half of the matriculating class is off the waitlist.

Woo hoo! Leah called today and I have an interview for January 15th! Anyone else get a call today?

how do you check your status? Could someone post a link, thanks!

you cannot check your status with school. you have to call sarah q. you can check with aacomas as to status with school but that will just tell if info is sent to school.

for those of you who have submitted their secondary recently, how long did it take to receive an interview invite?

How do you find out about the interview?

7-10 days, in my case. I have an interview on the 30th. of Jan.

Members don't see this ad :)
are all interview slots filled for jan?

just wanted to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday......

Hi,
I am interviewing at OSU end of Jan and have the following questions:
1. How is Tulsa as a city? I have never been to this area before and have no clue what the demographics are.
2. Does OSU video tape their lectures? Is attendance mandatory?
3. Where do students go for the 3 rd/4th yr rotations?
4. What is the pass rate for COMLEX?
5. Any one here attending OSU with kids? If so how is the day care near the school?

Thanks!!:luck:

any out of staters received an interview or acceptance....if so what were your numbers???

I got an interview invite in November and am OOS. I did not take it because of other interviews and acceptances, and I was low on money for travel expenses. I was complete the end of sept. and I have a 3.92 overall and science GPA and a 26 O on the MCAT. Good luck to all of you!!:thumbup::luck:

Hi,
I am interviewing at OSU end of Jan and have the following questions:
1. How is Tulsa as a city? I have never been to this area before and have no clue what the demographics are.
2. Does OSU video tape their lectures? Is attendance mandatory?
3. Where do students go for the 3 rd/4th yr rotations?
4. What is the pass rate for COMLEX?
5. Any one here attending OSU with kids? If so how is the day care near the school?

Thanks!!:luck:
1. I love Tulsa. It doens't take long to figure out the routes around town. It has all the conveniences of major cities, but only a pop of like 700k. I live south of Tulsa in Bixby (suburb) and drive 25 mins one way just to get away from the city and school.
2. Lecture is not recorded, attendance is mandatory. Some classes can be skipped (not recommended), but you get an idea after 2 or 3 weeks which classes can be missed without much problem or reprecussions (sp?)
3. I'm still learning about the rotation schedule, but most is done here in tulsa, OSU-Med. Ctr and clinics in the area.
4. Pass rate for previous years was above 90%. I'm not sure what last years was.
5. There are several people here with kids, but most have spouses at home with them. When you interview I'd simply ask one of the ambassadors if they have kids or if they know of someone who does. I guarantee they'll come talk to you about it.

Hope that helps. I'll be one of the ambassadors at the Feb. 13th interview date so good luck and feel free to ask anymore questions!!

Hi All! I talked to Sarah Q yesterday. She said all of the interview spots for next week have been filled, but the committee has not even met yet for the interview spots Jan. 28, 29, and 30. So no calls have been made for those, they are fair game ;)

I heard the same thing yesterday, I did hear that they would probably be calling next week for the end of january slots.

Has anyone applied to both the DO and the DO/MS programs?

I have not been contacted for an interview! How late are these offered to applicants by phone? Does anyone know? And what is the general consensus on the bridge program? I just want to go to medical school!!!!!!! Ahh..

Sara said they offer interviews into April.

The bridge program sounds like a great deal....lots of info on OSU-CHS website.....I also heard that the first year's tuition is waived....though I am not sure about this.

Good Luck,

T

The first year's tuition is waived for the bridge program according to the school's website. I think that as a bridge student if you fail a class during the bridge year you are removed from the program.
The slower "decelerated" pace sounds nice, but that's one additional year for you to start earning money. It is the only downside I can think of. All of that said I have applied to both the regular program and the bridge program. Since I have a family "wife and two kiddo's" the slower pace would be nice for the first two years.

The bridge program is great, especially if you have a family. The first year of tuition is waived, but you pay for it the next year when you matriculate with the next years class. Simply make an 85 or above in your classes (Histology and Biochem in the fall and Physiology and Microbiology/Immunology in the spring) to not retake them when you matriculate. Interviews are held in April. If you need any other info let me know.

Well, can I apply to both at the same time? I've already applied to the regular admission. And I am considering applying to the Bridge (but my MCAT's are all at least 5.0...some are higher, one is lower...so I dunno if it's even worth it). Then again, I took the risk and applied to regular admission with the low MCAT. Also, I am wondering when the latest will be if/when I receive a phone call for an interview, not necessarily when interviews are held.

I got my phone call today! There was a cancellation for Wednesday and Sarah Q called to offer me the spot. But now I'm a nervous wreck because that only gives me 2 days to prepare- including buying a new outfit! :D

pretty nice chi-o best of luck.

Congrats Chi O!!!!!!! you go get'em...

When were you complete?

I was complete the first of October sometime. I don't know the exact day.

Thanks for all the well wishes! I felt like it went pretty well, I guess we'll find out for sure in two weeks. Good luck to all those still waiting, hopefully you guys will get your call for an interview next week!

i hope you get in chi o we need some sdn'rs to get admitted to osu we only have two posted.

I interviewed yesterday. It went pretty well, but you never can tell. I am a reapplicant and I remember all too well the stress of being on the waitlist last year. Did anyone else interview yesterday? It would be nice to put a face with a name. Chi O, good luck to you. The next two weeks are going to be interesting. I guess it is back to stalking the mailman!

Anyone going to Medxtravaganza?

My wife and I will be attending.

honestly not sure about the spelling....

MedX is the yearly open house at OSU-CHS. You can RSVP on the website by clicking the future students link.

I spoke with Sara about it, she said it would be a good idea to attend...just to get my name out there and show extra interest.

I'm starting to lose hope that OSU will call me. So many people that I know are getting interviews but not me. I already know I'm going somewhere in August but I would like to stay in Oklahoma....

hang in there, there are still slots open and only one has to have your name on it

They really do interview through March, so don't give up yet.

I talked to Sarah Q today, and they have not sent any letter for those people who interviewed last week. She said they probably wouldn't send anything until the middle of next week. Oh the torture :confused:

does anybody know how many seats are left? :confused:

When I interviewed last week and they said about 40 spots had been offered so far

Last edited:
Hello ALL!!! Just wanted to say that I interviewed January 16th and JUST FOUND OUT THAT I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Congratulations!!!! Where are you located? I interveiwed January 15th and haven't heard a word. Now I am really nervous!

congrats.....everyone beeee safe....slick roads.....

Status
Not open for further replies.