OT: Car Insurance, Rear-End Settlements, NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's your friend's side of the story. Getting a girl inebriated enough to where she doesn't know what she's doing and then sleeping with her can still be rape.

For all we know, your friend is slimy.

I was there with the club with them. They didn't drink much at all and they seemed to enjoy dancing and hanging out with each other. They grab a cab and leave, next thing I know the next day, she's claiming rape but recants after police question her story.

My friend is kinda s***** when it comes to this. He is a serial one-night-stand person(cruising from one club to another, finding girls he likes, sweeting talking his way into sleeping with them, and then either leaves their place immediately after or tells them he has to go and they need to leave his place.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was there with the club with them. They didn't drink much at all and they seemed to enjoy dancing and hanging out with each other. They grab a cab and leave, next thing I know the next day, she's claiming rape but recants after police question her story.

My friend is kinda s***** when it comes to this. He is a serial one-night-stand person(cruising from one club to another, finding girls he likes, sweeting talking his way into sleeping with them, and then either leaves their place immediately after or tells them he has to go and they need to leave his place.)

Sooooooooooooo... you don't know crap. You weren't in the apartment with them and don't know what happened. There might have been more alcohol involved, or something else. You heard one side of the story. Sketchy! And since it's YOUR friend, it's double-sketch.

Sooooooooooooo... you don't know crap. You weren't in the apartment with them and don't know what happened. There might have been more alcohol involved, or something else. You heard one side of the story. Sketchy! And since it's YOUR friend, it's double-sketch.

Ill drink to that

The only way I can think of a reason why the woman would report rape is if she found out she was drugged.

If you drugged someone and then have sex with them while they are knocked out that is rape.

Other than that I can't really think of a reason. If she was drunk that's her choice. No one force her to drink. She should know her limit on that. Unless her drink was drugged then it's rap.

The only way I can think of a reason why the woman would report rape is if she found out she was drugged.

If you drugged someone and then have sex with them while they are knocked out that is rape.

Other than that I can't really think of a reason. If she was drunk that's her choice. No one force her to drink. She should know her limit on that. Unless her drink was drugged then it's rap.

Nope. You are wrong. Legally and ethically.

It's also possible for a man to be raped under circumstances of extreme intoxication. Although it's a little more challenging logistically for a woman to rape a man, it can happen. And if it happens, it's not the guy's fault for being raped. Getting drunk =/= asking to be raped.

Next you'll say women who dress slutty are "asking for it."

Nope. You are wrong. Legally and ethically.

It's also possible for a man to be raped under circumstances of extreme intoxication. Although it's a little more challenging logistically for a woman to rape a man, it can happen. And if it happens, it's not the guy's fault for being raped. Getting drunk =/= asking to be raped.

Next you'll say women who dress slutty are "asking for it."

Okay this is where it gets confusing....:confused: I am assuming the guy did NOT force her to drink. If he did then it's def his fault.

If she got drunk on her own and was super trashed....then guy ended up having sex with her....she was drunk and did NOT say NO...if that's the case then is it rape?

It's rape if a person saids NO and the other person would not stop. That is rape.

But if someone is so drunk and they did NOT say NO...how do the guy know if he is raping her or not? :confused:

If she said NO and he still continue to have sex with her it's rape for sure....but if she said NOTHING at all (b/c she was drunk)...is that still rape?

Okay this is where it gets confusing....:confused: I am assuming the guy did NOT force her to drink. If he did then it's def his fault.

If she got drunk on her own and was super trashed....then guy ended up having sex with her....she was drunk and did NOT say NO...if that's the case then is it rape?

It's rape if a person saids NO and the other person would not stop. That is rape.

But if someone is so drunk and they did NOT say NO...how do the guy know if he is raping her or not? :confused:

If she said NO and he still continue to have sex with her it's rape for sure....but if she said NOTHING at all (b/c she was drunk)...is that still rape?

Yes. Can a comatose person consent?

If a person is too intoxicated to consent to sex, it can be considered rape, regardless of whether he or she drank voluntarily.

Yes. Can a comatose person consent?

What if she acted like she wanted to have sex with him BEFORE she got drunk? Does that count?

This is such a gray area.... :confused:

What if she acted like she wanted to have sex with him BEFORE she got drunk? Does that count?

This is such a gray area.... :confused:

What is "acting like" she wanted to have sex? Flirting?

That's subjective.

Take away: having sex with randoms from the club while intoxicated is probably not a good idea for many reasons.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you SERIOUS?!?!

Maybe she told him she thinks he is HOT and wanted to hook up later on and then she got drunk...and he thought it would be okay? :confused:

I am just looking at it from both sides. Of course she could have been drunk and struggling to get away from him and he did rape her...that could have happened too. Or worst he could have drugged her. We never know.

Take away: having sex with randoms from the club while intoxicated is probably not a good idea for many reasons.

That's true...that's why I try to avoid that myself personally.

I don't even get that drunk b/c I know the chances of rape increases that way....

Dressing too slutty like mentioned earlier is another one.

What is "acting like" she wanted to have sex? Flirting?

That's subjective.

It's OK if you are drunk.
It's OK if you were flirting.
It's OK if you acted like you wanted sex.
It's OK if you passed out, as long as you said you wanted it at some indeterminate time in the past.
Might as well add, "It's OK if you dressed slutty" or "It's OK if you were walking along outside at night" or any of the 1000 iterations of "SHE WAS ASKIN' FER IT!"

Or he. Men can be raped too.

JFC. SMH.

Maybe she told him she thinks he is HOT and wanted to hook up later on and then she got drunk...and he thought it would be okay? :confused:

I am just looking at it from both sides. Of course she could have been drunk and struggling to get away from him and he did rape her...that could have happened too. Or worst he could have drugged her. We never know.

I'm sorry but I'm having trouble believing that you're really this naive.

You really have no ethics do you? Unless ethics come with a fancy car and victoria secrets bras?

Really?!?!

You really have no ethics do you? Unless ethics come with a fancy car and victoria secrets bras?

Really?!?!

Someone else said it another thread, and I think it might be true. We may have a case of the S-word on our hands. The S word that starts with "s" and ends with "ociopath." :smuggrin:

Really?!?!

It's a valid point. If you tell someone you wanted sex and then got drunk and they had sex with you....is that okay? How are they suppose to know otherwise? You tell me.

I would never say that to someone unless I really mean it.

Victoria Secrets bra this season isn't as cute as last seasons. :(

It's OK if you are drunk.
It's OK if you were flirting.
It's OK if you acted like you wanted sex.
It's OK if you passed out, as long as you said you wanted it at some indeterminate time in the past.
Might as well add, "It's OK if you dressed slutty" or "It's OK if you were walking along outside at night" or any of the 1000 iterations of "SHE WAS ASKIN' FER IT!"

Or he. Men can be raped too.

JFC. SMH.

this thread makes me want to puke. Apparently people are all just one step away from asking for rape.

It's a valid point. If you tell someone you wanted sex and then got drunk and they had sex with you....is that okay? How are they suppose to know otherwise? You tell me.

Who the **** has sex with a passed out/inebriated person who barely knows what's going on and thinks that is ok?

It depends on whether, at the time the sex occurred, the person was too drunk to consent. It doesn't matter what they said days/hours/minutes before. Consent must be given at the time of sex. Is that difficult for you to understand?

This thread was taken to a whole new level while I was at work....

So yeah, yesterday I was in a car accident. I was car #5 in a chain of 6 cars involved in an accident.

Car #1 slowed down because some unknown reason.
Car #2 slowed down to avoid hitting car #1.
Car #3 rear ended Car #2.
Car #4 hit the brakes when he saw the accident ahead of him and bumped Car #3.
Car #5 (Me) hit the brakes in response to Car #4 and stopped 5 feet short of Car #4.

5-10 seconds later, Car #6 slammed into my car going 60-70 mph. My Car got pushed into the car in front of me, etc.

Anyone have any non-medical advice pre-police report? (NYC takes like 2 days for police reports.) My neck, shoulders, and abdominal section feel funny. I went to the hospital right after but I only felt knee pain at the time.

You should worry about your neck.It might start to hurt in 7-14 days time period

You should worry about your neck.It might start to hurt in 7-14 days time period

Neck, back and shoulder already started hurting. I'm already going for physical therapy and chiro. Not so sure if I like the chiro work, I mean it feels good for that 1 second that when they make the adjustment, but it feels weird like 2 hours later.

I made a promise to myself a few months ago I wouldn't criticize students on SDN any longer, but...I...can't...take...this...anymore! SHC: without a doubt, you are one of the most morally bankrupt individuals I have ever come across.

I tremble in fear for the patients you will serve in the future; not because I believe that you will make a drug-related error which harms them, but because I believe that you will put your needs above their needs every single moment you are at work. "Going the extra mile" does not seem like a phrase in your vocabulary.

I tremble in fear for the pharmacists and technicians you will work with in the future. I suspect that you would not hesitate to lie to supervisors to get what you want, be it a favorable shift schedule, a sick day, or a performance bonus. Concocting a plan to get someone fired just because you don't like them does not seem far fetched for you.

I tremble in fear for any Asian-American women in Mercer's Class of 2013 who might be mistaken for you. A lot of employers read SDN, and while you've left a lot of clues (North Carolina resident, went to Ivy League dental school, your age, etc.), I don't believe you've ever dropped your actual name (which is smart). However, could any of your classmates be guilty by association? Might a DM for CVS or Wags be hesitant to hire a female Asian-American classmate of yours because of the risk that they might be hiring the infamous SHC?

Lastly, I tremble in fear for you. Pharmacy work is difficult, and eventually you are going to run into a situation where you won't be able to flirt, lie, or sweet talk your way through it. What then? You've clearly shown no regard for insurance laws...how do you feel about pharmacy laws? Will you follow them all the time, or only when it is convenient to do so?

From time to time, I self-identify that I don't work at a certain school, usually when offering commentary about events or a policy particular to a program. Let me be clear: I don't work for Mercer. I'm not taking responsibility for SHC being less than a year from entering the workforce.

I'd love to be wrong about you SHC, really I would; please tell me why I am. Because right now, a little bit of my faith in humanity dies every time you post.

I made a promise to myself a few months ago I wouldn't criticize students on SDN any longer, but...I...can't...take...this...anymore! SHC: without a doubt, you are one of the most morally bankrupt individuals I have ever come across.

I tremble in fear for the patients you will serve in the future; not because I believe that you will make a drug-related error which harms them, but because I believe that you will put your needs above their needs every single moment you are at work. "Going the extra mile" does not seem like a phrase in your vocabulary.

I tremble in fear for the pharmacists and technicians you will work with in the future. I suspect that you would not hesitate to lie to supervisors to get what you want, be it a favorable shift schedule, a sick day, or a performance bonus. Concocting a plan to get someone fired just because you don't like them does not seem far fetched for you.

I tremble in fear for any Asian-American women in Mercer's Class of 2013 who might be mistaken for you. A lot of employers read SDN, and while you've left a lot of clues (North Carolina resident, went to Ivy League dental school, your age, etc.), I don't believe you've ever dropped your actual name (which is smart). However, could any of your classmates be guilty by association? Might a DM for CVS or Wags be hesitant to hire a female Asian-American classmate of yours because of the risk that they might be hiring the infamous SHC?

Lastly, I tremble in fear for you. Pharmacy work is difficult, and eventually you are going to run into a situation where you won't be able to flirt, lie, or sweet talk your way through it. What then? You've clearly shown no regard for insurance laws...how do you feel about pharmacy laws? Will you follow them all the time, or only when it is convenient to do so?

From time to time, I self-identify that I don't work at a certain school, usually when offering commentary about events or a policy particular to a program. Let me be clear: I don't work for Mercer. I'm not taking responsibility for SHC being less than a year from entering the workforce.

I'd love to be wrong about you SHC, really I would; please tell me why I am. Because right now, a little bit of my faith in humanity dies every time you post.

:thumbup:

Every once in a while I read something on SDN that makes me want to shake the hand of the poster. Normally it is a piece of really good advice or something insightful that you wouldn't find anywhere else. Something so good I am reminded why I love SDN in the first place.

But tonight it was something completely different. So thank you for that.:claps:

Is this post suppose to "scare" me b/c you're some special unknown self claim School Administrator? :laugh: So I should be scared? Well you did a good job stalking me...so I guess that's scary. LOL

Oh please give me a break. I have never interviewed for a job and not get it in my entire life so I will not worry about it just b/c some idiot that claims to be a special school administrator call me out on a public forum. This is too funny. So I am suppose to be scared from now on? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Is this post suppose to "scare" me b/c you're some special unknown self claim School Administrator? :laugh: So I should be scared? Well you did a good job stalking me...so I guess that's scary. LOL

Oh please give me a break. I have never interviewed for a job and not get it in my entire life so I will not worry about it just b/c some idiot that claims to be a special school administrator call me out on a public forum. This is too funny. So I am suppose to be scared from now on? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

/outbeforeipostsomethingitrulyregret

Physiotherapy will help but not chiro.You need a good therapist.
Looking at the pics you are lucky to survive that crash without major injury....that is indeed like winning your life in lottery.

You must be shaken after the accident. I hope you feel better soon.

Physiotherapy will help but not chiro.You need a good therapist.
Looking at the pics you are lucky to survive that crash without major injury....that is indeed like winning your life in lottery.

You must be shaken after the accident. I hope you feel better soon.

Yeah, I have a hard time believing that simply doing an adjustment on my cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine would do anything to resolve pain. Hell, I can do those adjustments at home with my hands and a chair with a hard wooden back.

I think you are just upset your thread got jacked. :laugh:

pierce-butthurt.gif