OT: Everything NFL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ahahahaha the Browns beat the Steelers. I don't even care what happens in my game because that happened and made my Sunday. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol i'm glad i didn't watch a minute of that Steelers game it sounds like it was horrible

(i was on the ice for the majority of it and in the locker room for the rest)

Wow, the Jets are getting so bad that the "ultimate-fan" has quit his job as Cheer instigator.
http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/article/1156831--guest-column-fireman-ed-steps-away-but-not-as-fan

Maybe I have been out of the country too long, but when did the NYJ turn into the weekly NFL soap-opera?? This shouldn't be sports news :(

I want my old Jets back, the ones where even if they had a 1-15 season, I didn't feel trashy for supporting them.

I am no Jets fan, but that is really, really sad. How can anyone give this guy grief? SMH. Just freaking pathetic.

He didn't quit that because they were so "bad", it's because he was discouraged because of other fans jeering himself and the team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

No one said he did. :confused:

Maybe the way Packen worded it, it was interpreted like that? But either way, Fireman Ed is a joke. He is just a fan, not a member of the team. Only a person as self absorbed as him would "quit on his team" and then feel the need to write about it in a newspaper. If it was so upsetting, just wear another jersey :smack:

As a fan of a team that has been bad for over a decade, I understand the frustration. I guess it is worse in NY because they run their mouths from Monday-Saturday but can't back it up on Sunday.

here is the answer

PGwZY.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Knew nyanko would make a comment about that....you made fun of them too for losing to the Browns. Whatevs, we're still in the playoffs.

I'm just hoping Sizzle isn't out for the season...

Knew nyanko would make a comment about that....you made fun of them too for losing to the Browns. Whatevs, we're still in the playoffs.

ain't no Ravens clinched no playoffs this week. :smuggrin:

they had to win to clinch a playoff berth. and they had to win PLUS have Cincy lose to clinch the division. they lost and Cincy won. :smuggrin:

(the Ravens will still prolly win the division barring an epic hilarious collapse)

ain't no Ravens clinched no playoffs this week. :smuggrin:

they had to win to clinch a playoff berth. and they had to win PLUS have Cincy lose to clinch the division. they lost and Cincy won. :smuggrin:

(the Ravens will still prolly win the division barring an epic hilarious collapse)

Lol I know how it works. But with a 9-3 record, it would be pretty hard for us to not go to the playoffs at this point. Last night just moved us from 2nd seed to 3rd seed below the Patriots. No biggie, we'll get it back.

Nyanko- I saw that while I was watching. Except the dude's face is always super red so I was like Is he crying?!?!

:lol: :laugh: "Here's a list of players I heard cursing". Poor Tebow- just when they decide to finally ditch Sanchez, he can't play.

SOV- I saw them showing his wife. WTFnoonecares? Also, get ready for RG3 tonight!

I liked Cousins in the pre-season and everyone brushed me off. HA.

Commence news feed blowing up with fair weather Redskins (or should I just say RG3) fans and angry Ravens fans.

Honestly it was just an ugly game both ways. Penalties on every play, neither team had a defense....

Have nothing against the Skins. But i'm not one of those Ravens fan who gives up on the Ravens and switches to the Skins mid season. Seriously dislike those people. Pick one side of the beltway.

Feel bad for RGIII. True class playing long after he was hurt. Hope he's not out for the season.

Honestly it was just an ugly game both ways. Penalties on every play, neither team had a defense....

Have nothing against the Skins. But i'm not one of those Ravens fan who gives up on the Ravens and switches to the Skins mid season. Seriously dislike those people. Pick one side of the beltway.

Feel bad for RGIII. True class playing long after he was hurt. Hope he's not out for the season.

It really was. I was fuming there towards the end.

Most of the Ravens fans I know haven't ditched them for the Skins but people who never had an interest in football before are now blowing it up with "RG3! Yay Skins! Amazing!" etc:rolleyes:. As someone who has suffered through years of awful football from them, it really grinds my gears.

And yeah, I really hope not. Browns are next and I think Cousins would have a decent shot starting against them (sorry Emiloo :D) to give RG3 a little extra time. Hopefully that would be all he'd need:scared:

It really was. I was fuming there towards the end.

Most of the Ravens fans I know haven't ditched them for the Skins but people who never had an interest in football before are now blowing it up with "RG3! Yay Skins! Amazing!" etc:rolleyes:. As someone who has suffered through years of awful football from them, it really grinds my gears.

And yeah, I really hope not. Browns are next and I think Cousins would have a decent shot starting against them (sorry Emiloo :D) to give RG3 a little extra time. Hopefully that would be all he'd need:scared:

Watch the Browns go to the Superbowl....They did beat the Steelers...and just beat the Chiefs....

Blah...we have Broncos, Giants, Bengals. Hello end of season heartache.

Christmas has come early this year!

Cam Cameron FIRED! FINALLY!!! :D

Lot of good it did. :smuggrin:

(I should hold off on the gloating I know since the Steelers are tied with the Cowboys right now but it's just so easy..)

Beep beep beep
Steelers lose this and we win the division. Nothing quite like backing into the playoffs. FFS.

Also...wtf did the giants do today? Did they even show up to the game?

Beep beep beep
Steelers lose this and we win the division. Nothing quite like backing into the playoffs. FFS.

Also...wtf did the giants do today? Did they even show up to the game?

I don't think the Ravens win the division. They clinched playoff spot though.

The Bengals are only one game behind them, and the Bengals and Ravens still play each other once. So if the Ravens lose to the Giants and the Bengals beat the Ravens and Steelers (and btw all of those things are completely plausible), the Bengals will have a better record (10-6) than the Ravens (9-7) and win the division, no tiebreaker needed, and Ravens would be in a wildcard spot.

Second time I've heard a Ravens fan with this misinformation today though. ;)

I don't think the Ravens win the division. They clinched playoff spot though.

The Bengals are only one game behind them, and the Bengals and Ravens still play each other once. So if the Ravens lose to the Giants and the Bengals beat the Ravens and Steelers (and btw all of those things are completely plausible), the Bengals will have a better record (10-6) than the Ravens (9-7) and win the division, no tiebreaker needed.

Second time I've heard a Ravens fan with this misinformation today though. ;)

See that's what I thought too...but the announcers in both our game AND the cowboys game kept saying even if the ravens lost today, as long as the steelers lost we would win the division. I think that is where all the confusion is coming from for us...

And as much as it pains me to say it....can you all please beat the Bengals next week? ktnxbye

Last edited:
Season over giants.

And I got squashed in 1st round of FF playoffs (top 4 made it, I was number 2).

I mean, I was almost bad as NYG.

Would be lovely if they played like that next week too.

Did you see Flacco's amazing TD pass today? Oh wait...1st and goal to the wrong guy who then proceeded to book it 98 yards for a TD the other way...:smack:

See that's what I thought too...but the announcers in both our game AND the cowboys game kept saying even if the ravens lost today, as long as the steelers lost we would win the division. I think that is where all the confusion is coming from for us...

Yeah, that's actually wrong though, and they're wrong. Because the Ravens can't win the division with a worse record than the Bengals. :laugh: http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture So they either forgot about the Bengals (doesn't everyone!) or meant that the Steelers would be eliminated from contention to win the division.

and as for the Steelers winning next week, the Ravens would then have the chance to totally screw the Steelers because if that happens they actually will clinch the division, and then they can probably rest their starters week 17 and lose to the Bengals who would then take the 6th seed.

I almost would rather the Steelers lose to the Bengals and get themselves eliminated next week. :laugh:

...rivalries....they make no sense

Yeah, that's actually wrong though, and they're wrong. Because the Ravens can't win the division with a worse record than the Bengals. :laugh: http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture So they either forgot about the Bengals (doesn't everyone!) or meant that the Steelers would be eliminated from contention to win the division.

and as for the Steelers winning next week, the Ravens would then have the chance to totally screw the Steelers because if that happens they actually will clinch the division, and then they can probably rest their starters week 17 and lose to the Bengals who would then take the 6th seed.

I almost would rather the Steelers lose to the Bengals and get themselves eliminated next week. :laugh:

...rivalries....they make no sense

Haha that is what I thought going into the game tonight and got confused. Thought they had misspoken, but then they kept saying it....

And come onnnn I want the Steelers to win their next two games! That's a lot coming from me. You need to redeem yourselves against the Browns...:rolleyes:

And rivalries make it fun:) I respect the Steelers, but it is fun to have a rivalry.

lmao I've been looking more into this because what else do I have to do, and actually, all 3 non-Browns teams are still alive to win the division in the AFC North.

Here is the gist of it:

Tm. Rec. Div Com AFC Wk15 Wk16 Wk17 Divisional Results
--- ---- --- --- --- ---- ---- ---- --------------------
BAL 9-5 4-1 4-3 8-3 Lden vNYG @Cin Cin-W? Cle-WW Pit-WL
CIN 8-6 1-3 5-1 4-6 Wphi @Pit vBal Bal-L? Cle-WL Pit-L?
PIT 7-7 2-2 4-4 4-6 Ldal vCin vCle Bal-LW Cin-W? Cle-L?

AFCN Common Opponents: AFCW, NFCE

Eliminated: Cleveland (Week 11)

All scenarios below are assuming the bolded part at the beginning of the paragraph happens in week 16.

If BAL wins in week 16, they win the division. They can't clinch in week 16 with a loss to NYG, regardless of the results of CIN-PIT, because of the path PIT still has to win the division (which I will go into later). They need both CIN and PIT to lose during week 16 to clinch. :laugh:

If BAL loses and CIN wins in week 16, PIT will be eliminated from playoff contention altogether. They won't be able to get enough wins to win the division and they would lose all wildcard tiebreaker scenarios that could occur at 8-8. In that case, the winner of the week 17 game between BAL and CIN would win the division.

If BAL loses and PIT wins in week 16, PIT is still alive for both wildcard and division. In that case, PIT MUST win vs CLE in week 17 to keep themselves alive for the division. If that happens, and CIN beats BAL in week 17, then there is a 3 way tie at 9-7 for the division and PIT would win it on 3 way H2H tiebreaker (PIT 3-1, BAL 2-2, CIN 1-3). If BAL beats CIN in that scenario, PIT will be a wildcard. So they'd make the playoffs either way by winning out. If PIT loses to CLE in week 17, they can still take the wildcard if BAL beats CIN and NYJ and MIA each lose one more game. Then CIN would miss out.

Is that clear enough? :smuggrin:

Sadly have read that the NFL confirms:

If Giants win their last 2 games, they are guaranteed wild card spot #6.

Now I have to wait and get my heart wrenched again.

They probably beat baltimore(sorry SnS) and lose to the hated eagles. Ugh that would be awful.

I see them as 8-8 this year, maybe 7-9 or 9-7 depending on how the bounces go in some games.

I would also like to point out that I made this post back in October about the Steelers and this is exactly what is likely to happen since they are 7-7 right now.

lmao I've been looking more into this because what else do I have to do, and actually, all 3 non-Browns teams are still alive to win the division in the AFC North.

Here is the gist of it:

Tm. Rec. Div Com AFC Wk15 Wk16 Wk17 Divisional Results
--- ---- --- --- --- ---- ---- ---- --------------------
BAL 9-5 4-1 4-3 8-3 Lden vNYG @Cin Cin-W? Cle-WW Pit-WL
CIN 8-6 1-3 5-1 4-6 Wphi @Pit vBal Bal-L? Cle-WL Pit-L?
PIT 7-7 2-2 4-4 4-6 Ldal vCin vCle Bal-LW Cin-W? Cle-L?

AFCN Common Opponents: AFCW, NFCE

Eliminated: Cleveland (Week 11)

All scenarios below are assuming the bolded part at the beginning of the paragraph happens in week 16.

If BAL wins in week 16, they win the division. They can't clinch in week 16 with a loss to NYG, regardless of the results of CIN-PIT, because of the path PIT still has to win the division (which I will go into later). They need both CIN and PIT to lose during week 16 to clinch. :laugh:

If BAL loses and CIN wins in week 16, PIT will be eliminated from playoff contention altogether. They won't be able to get enough wins to win the division and they would lose all wildcard tiebreaker scenarios that could occur at 8-8. In that case, the winner of the week 17 game between BAL and CIN would win the division.

If BAL loses and PIT wins in week 16, PIT is still alive for both wildcard and division. In that case, PIT MUST win vs CLE in week 17 to keep themselves alive for the division. If that happens, and CIN beats BAL in week 17, then there is a 3 way tie at 9-7 for the division and PIT would win it on 3 way H2H tiebreaker (PIT 3-1, BAL 2-2, CIN 1-3). If BAL beats CIN in that scenario, PIT will be a wildcard. So they'd make the playoffs either way by winning out. If PIT loses to CLE in week 17, they can still take the wildcard if BAL beats CIN and NYJ and MIA each lose one more game. Then CIN would miss out.

Is that clear enough? :smuggrin:

:rolleyes: Oh AFC North...you ridiculous place.

And don't be so sure about bmore/giants there, SOV. Need I remind you to look at the giants score from yesterday? Eli hasn't been stellar....

And don't be so sure about bmore/giants there, SOV. Need I remind you to look at the giants score from yesterday? Eli hasn't been stellar....

Agreed. But the ravens need to turn things around, and what better time to do it than against the giants? :thumbup:

Last edited:

that was not a prediction... that was what they could do to cause the maximum anguish... which is generally what they do in all the years EXCEPT when they win the superbowl.

2008: win 1st 11 games, plaxico shoots self.. stumble into playoffs and lose.
2009: miss playoffs with 10 wins.
2010 miss playoffs with 10 wins.
2007,2011 superbowl champs.

more older examples.. just giving you the idea.