Other OT-Related Information OT in the Air Force Reserves?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mreowskis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone joined the US Air Force Reserves as an occupational therapist before? I'd like to know the pros and cons of joining. How's the climate working as a healthcare professional in a world so dominated by masculinity and hierarchy? What kind of cases does an OT see with members of the Air Force? I'm wondering if it's worth it to get my student debt paid off (and to get my residency paid for as well).

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm that's ironic especially since OT got its roots in the military. If they only have 1-2 slots per branch, how is that enough to possibly serve the thousands in the military who can benefit from OT services? :wtf:

Reactions: 1 user
baylor is army OT. You can get the OTD with service. You need to be a OT first though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone joined the US Air Force Reserves as an occupational therapist before? I'd like to know the pros and cons of joining. How's the climate working as a healthcare professional in a world so dominated by masculinity and hierarchy? What kind of cases does an OT see with members of the Air Force? I'm wondering if it's worth it to get my student debt paid off (and to get my residency paid for as well).
I'm fairly certain that they got rid of all therapy positions in the AF Reserves. It was pointless because you only work one weekend a month and funding is really low right now. They're not even offering any HPSP for OT for any branch right now either. Sucks!

Ahh that's too bad. I'll look into what Baylor is. Thanks for the info everyone! :bow:

PS: Anyone who attended Baylor have any insight about the program or working with that population?

Last edited:
Ahh that's too bad. I'll look into what Baylor is. Thanks for the info everyone! :bow:

PS: Anyone who attended Baylor have any insight about the program or working with that population?

Research (redacted). He had a YouTube or blog or something where I contacted him regarding his OT education from MOT to Baylors doctorate. He was very straightforward and knoledgable. Last I emailed him it was 3 or 4 years ago. Or maybe more. He was/is army OT.

Last edited:
I tried to reach out to that guy a while back... do you have his email?

I can tell you that we don't get student loan repayment as OTs in the military; and I know for a fact there are next to zero OT slots for every branch in the service. I would join in a heartbeat if I could be an OT in the military.

Ill talk to you.