OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cafeteria choices today...anybody know what I got? :D

½ Smoked Turkey, Brie, Green Apples Sandwich & Soup
Soups: SW Chicken Corn Chowder & Minestrone
ü Beef Stroganoff
Caribbean Grilled Chicken w/ Chili Mint Glaze
Tilapia with Pineapple Mango Salsa
üFrench Quarter Chicken Sandwich
Burrito bar
Philly Cheesesteak

Members don't see this ad :)
Cafeteria choices today...anybody know what I got? :D

½ Smoked Turkey, Brie, Green Apples Sandwich & Soup
Soups: SW Chicken Corn Chowder & Minestrone
ü Beef Stroganoff
Caribbean Grilled Chicken w/ Chili Mint Glaze
Tilapia with Pineapple Mango Salsa
üFrench Quarter Chicken Sandwich
Burrito bar
Philly Cheesesteak

The only option is Caribbean Grilled Chicken.

If you got anything else, you, my friend, are a nazi

Heil hitler then! lol

I got the turkey, brie, and green apples sandwich with minestrone soup :)

YUM! I always get those stuffed chicken things in the frozen food section with brie and apples inside. They also have cordon bleu, kiev, broccoli and cheese, etc.

The only option is Caribbean Grilled Chicken.

If you got anything else, you, my friend, are a nazi

Sie ist kein Nazi mein guter Freund. Ich bin ein Nazi :laugh: just kidding.

Sie kommt nicht aus Deutschland, und nicht Oesterreich. Wie kann sie eine Deutscherin sein? :laugh: DrYoda, hilf mir bitte :laugh: Ich glaube, dass du die Person, wer Deutsch sprechen kann, warst. Ich denke, dass ich das vergessen habe.

I dunno how much of that is proper grammar. But someone should be able to tell what I said :laugh:

Bob, it says, "I met a pretty girl today but I didn't talk to her"

Well, what you said is true, but that's not what I wrote :laugh:

Well, I didn't exactly meet her. I just sat kinda close to her at lunch and just looked at her couple of times. I know her name, but I don't think she has any idea who I am.

Unfortunately, she's one of those girls with like a million friends on FB...

Last edited:
Bob - likes anything without a Y chromosome(?)
Lea - likes driven, intrinsically motivated individuals (?)
Passion4Sci - like symmetrical people
Phat - likes Tink (and his wife) :laugh: + that long post he made about what he likes ... somewhere in the 137 pages of this thread
Tink - likes fishermen and people in uniforms(?)

What else...

Last edited:
Bob - likes anything with a Y chromosome(?)
Phat - likes Tink (and his wife) :laugh: + that long post he made about what he likes ... somewhere in the 137 pages of this thread

What else...

You mean two X chromosomes.

Guys, my betta died :( I just pulled her out of the tank *cry* R.I.P Polly... And my gf is in class so I can't call her. :( I made polly a casket and will bury her when my gf gets home...sad, sad day. You might be thinking, "But it's a fish!". I get attached to my fish :(

Guys, my betta died :( I just pulled her out of the tank *cry* R.I.P Polly... And my gf is in class so I can't call her. :( I made polly a casket and will bury her when my gf gets home...sad, sad day. You might be thinking, "But it's a fish!". I get attached to my fish :(

I'm sorry to hear about your fish. I know what it's like to lose someone close to you. I know it's hard but, things will get a little better as time passes. Hopefully you can still keep the memories you have with your fish and at least keep that part alive.

Members don't see this ad :)
You mean two X chromosomes.

sigh. Thats what 3 days of no sleep and 43 hours of work + 16 units of class does to a person.

Shame on me.

I meant without a Y chromosome.

My condolences. It always sucks to lose a pet you've grown attached to over time.

It was funnier how you had it the first time hehe

:(

Won't go into my preferences :laugh:

Ran into this interesting picture today ... in a Tim Tebow thread of all threads ... (image title: Gay people can quote the Bible too)

1253229771-gay-people-can-quote-the-bible-too-11899-1253207789-41-1.jpg

:(

Won't go into my preferences :laugh:

Ran into this interesting picture today ... in a Tim Tebow thread of all threads ... (image title: Gay people can quote the Bible too)

1253229771-gay-people-can-quote-the-bible-too-11899-1253207789-41-1.jpg

She shall be executed? But thou shalt not kill? That doesn't make much sense.

She shall be executed? But thou shalt not kill? That doesn't make much sense.

shrug, I'll go look it up in my Bible after I finish dinner ...

Edit: here's what it says in mine for Deuteronomy 22:13-21

Suppose a man marries a woman and, after sleeping with her, changes his mind about her and falsely accuses her of having slept with another man. He might say, 'I have discovered she was not a virgin when I married her.' If the man does this, the woman's father and mother must bring the proof of her virginity to the leaders of the town. Her father must tell them, 'I gave my daughter to this man to be his wife, and now he has turned against her. He has accused her of shameful things, caliming that she was not a virgin when he married her. But here is the proof of my daughter's virginity.' Then they must spread the cloth before the judges. The judges must then punish the man. They will fine him one hundred pieces of silver, for he falsely accused a virgin of Israel. The payment will be made to the woman's father. The woman will then remain the man's wife and he may never divorce her.

But suppose the man's accusations are true, and her virginity could not be proved. In such cases, the judges must take the girl to the door of her father's home, and the men of the town will stone her to death. She has committed a disgraceful crime in Israel by being promiscuous while living in her parents' home. Such evil must be cleansed from among you.

Old Testament of course ...

Last edited:
shrug, I'll go look it up in my Bible after I finish dinner ...

Edit: here's what it says in mine for Deuteronomy 22:13-21

Suppose a man marries a woman and, after sleeping with her, changes his mind about her and falsely accuses her of having slept with another man. He might say, 'I have discovered she was not a virgin when I married her.' If the man does this, the woman's father and mother must bring the proof of her virginity to the leaders of the town. Her father must tell them, 'I gave my daughter to this man to be his wife, and now he has turned against her. He has accused her of shameful things, caliming that she was not a virgin when he married her. But here is the proof of my daughter's virginity.' Then they must spread the cloth before the judges. The judges must then punish the man. They will fine him one hundred pieces of silver, for he falsely accused a virgin of Israel. The payment will be made to the woman's father. The woman will then remain the man's wife and he may never divorce her.

But suppose the man's accusations are true, and her virginity could not be proved. In such cases, the judges must take the girl to the door of her father's home, and the men of the town will stone her to death. She has committed a disgraceful crime in Israel by being promiscuous while living in her parents' home. Such evil must be cleansed from among you.

Old Testament of course ...

The times have changed though.

Senate Republicans fuming over the passage of health care reform are now refusing to work past 2 p.m. -- a tactic they can employ by invoking a little-known Senate rule.

On Wednesday, the Judiciary Committee was forced to cancel a hearing as was the Senate Armed Services Committee.

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) tweeted today : "Disappointed. Rs refusing to allow hearings today. Had to cancel my oversight hearing on police training contracts in Afghanistan."

Sen. Mark Udall also complained that he had to delay a hearing on the cause of Western forest fires.

Making good on Sen. John McCain's threat to withhold all Republican cooperation from Democrats in the Senate in retribution for the majority party using reconciliation to pass health care reform, the GOP used the rule that states committees can only meet when the chamber is in session with the unanimous consent of all members. That consent has almost never been withheld -- until now.

"There is objection on our side of the aisle and therefore I object," said Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.).
:wtf:

Wow. We just went from an inefficient government to a non-functional one thanks to immature antics from both sides. :confused: Congress is acting like 3rd graders right now.... Playground rules ...

:confused: Er what?

You make no sense lol ... read the quotes.

Was in reference to the Republicans behaving like spoiled toddlers.

Well, I'm pissed at the Dems for strong-arming this thing through as well.

In fact, I'd say the only good thing coming out of this mess is that for the first time in what seems like a long while, a sizable portion of the U.S. citizenry is waking up, cleaning the wax out of their ears, and giving a rat's ass about what goes on in Washington. No matter how you feel, for the government to truly represent the people, the people have to take action - don't like what your elected representatives are doing? Try NOT VOTING FOR THEM! I know, it's a crazy concept.

And jeebus, vandalism and death threats are a freakin' classy way to get your point across.

sigh.

Was in reference to the Republicans behaving like spoiled toddlers.

Well, I'm pissed at the Dems for strong-arming this thing through as well.

In fact, I'd say the only good thing coming out of this mess is that for the first time in what seems like a long while, a sizable portion of the U.S. citizenry is waking up, cleaning the wax out of their ears, and giving a rat's ass about what goes on in Washington. No matter how you feel, for the government to truly represent the people, the people have to take action - don't like what your elected representatives are doing? Try NOT VOTING FOR THEM! I know, it's a crazy concept.

And jeebus, vandalism and death threats are a freakin' classy way to get your point across.

sigh.

Reading comprehension 101. 'Both sides' 'Congress'

Nothing to do with the current topic, but anyone know when Touro in NYC might become accredited lol?

Sie kommt nicht aus Deutschland, und nicht Oesterreich. Wie kann sie eine Deutscherin sein? :laugh: DrYoda, hilf mir bitte :laugh: Ich glaube, dass du die Person, wer Deutsch sprechen kann, warst. Ich denke, dass ich das vergessen habe.
Ja, ich bin derjenige, der Deutsch spricht.
Wow. We just went from an inefficient government to a non-functional one thanks to immature antics from both sides. :confused: Congress is acting like 3rd graders right now.... Playground rules ...
Yep, it'd be nice if the the people figured out what ******s they elected to office but I doubt the masses can see it. My personal favorite crowd is the "don't socialize medicare" group. :laugh:

Yep, it'd be nice if the the people figured out what ******s they elected to office but I doubt the masses can see it. My personal favorite crowd is the "don't socialize medicare" group. :laugh:

Oh I think one of those people was caught on camera saying "I'm 76 and I will be rationed" :confused: Makes no sense to me ...

What else...

Heck yeah I sure do!

Aw I'm sorry :(

I buried all my fish too!

What else...

-A continuation-

Cheb - likes bad boys :laugh:
NaOH - likes the periodic table? :laugh::laugh:
Pharm B - :confused:
DrYoda - :confused:
nicolesm - likes drive, motivation, and success (?)

Awesome 2K post!!!

I wear glasses but hate them...I only wear them when I want to appear studious :)

EDIT: But, contacts really suck sometimes. Especially if it is windy or raining.

Awesome 2K post!!!

I wear glasses but hate them...I only wear them when I want to appear studious :)

EDIT: But, contacts really suck sometimes. Especially if it is windy or raining.

I see some people in my class who wear glasses out of nowhere because they say their contacts made their eyes really dry or hurt their eyes. Does that happen to you?

I used to wear glasses, but I just quit because I didn't want to wear them anymore. I never wore contacts though.

I see some people in my class who wear glasses out of nowhere because they say their contacts made their eyes really dry or hurt their eyes. Does that happen to you?

I used to wear glasses, but I just quit because I didn't want to wear them anymore. I never wore contacts though.

You didn't relate this to a cute girl in any way?

:wow: :wow: :wow:

You didn't relate this to a cute girl in any way?

:wow: :wow: :wow:

I almost forgot :laugh: The girl I was going to talk about was wearing glasses today instead of contacts like she says she usually wears. She's still pretty when she wears glasses :) She talks about her boyfriend quite a bit which bugs me :(

I almost forgot :laugh: The girl I was going to talk about was wearing glasses today instead of contacts like she says she usually wears. She's still pretty when she wears glasses :) She talks about her boyfriend quite a bit which bugs me :(

I don't usually wear contacts on my days off unless we are going out to the movies or a show or something. I have to give my eyes a break because they do get rather dry. I wear dailies so I can just toss them when I am done. I am too lazy to have to clean them and use all those solutions lol