OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CDs? Holy hell, my Mustang doesn't even have a CD player! All digital baby! (iPod interface woot!)

I have an iPod and all that stuff but I don't use it. Like ever... I think it has 10 songs on it and I've had it for years. LOL I'd be PO'd if they stopped making my type of car with CD players. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I have an iPod and all that stuff but I don't use it. Like ever... I think it has 10 songs on it and I've had it for years. LOL I'd be PO'd if they stopped making my type of car with CD players. :laugh:

I use my iPod like ALL THE TIME :laugh:

Omg if there is ever one thing I miss about the midwest, it is white castle. The frozen ones just don't taste the same :/

...And shopping sounds fun but only if we can get pedis and manis after :)

Members don't see this ad :)
We don't have a real White Castle either :( It was frozen. :(:( AND someone bought the hamburger kind without cheese so I had to cut up some Colby Jack and throw it on there. Not cool.

BUT... on another note... I was really bored about 5 min ago so I went on the SDN facebook group and someone wrote on the wall "I wonder if passion4sci is in this group?" and someone else commented "I'm sure he is lol"

:laugh:

Just thought I'd share. I was gunna say something but then everyone would know who I was. LOL

We don't have a real White Castle either :( It was frozen. :(:( AND someone bought the hamburger kind without cheese so I had to cut up some Colby Jack and throw it on there. Not cool.

BUT... on another note... I was really bored about 5 min ago so I went on the SDN facebook group and someone wrote on the wall "I wonder if passion4sci is in this group?" and someone else commented "I'm sure he is lol"

:laugh:

Just thought I'd share. I was gunna say something but then everyone would know who I was. LOL

I've seen it, and told passion4sci about it after I took a screenshot. P4sci laughed at it :laugh:

Facebook will NEVAAAAAAAAR get me.

God damn I hate that stuff.

Does anyone in your family use FB? I know some families tend to friend each other on FB, and other times everyone will have FB except the mother, or something like that.

Yeah it's an evil trap I wish I never joined. lol

I'm glad I joined actually. :laugh:

I've added friends from elementary school, middle school, and high school to talk about memories we have together and also to see what they're doing these days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everything in moderation! Including SDN! Which I will probably have to block from my computer when I start school in the fall! LOL

BTW... a bunch of people in my family (including my paternal grandmother) have facebook but I denied everyone's friend request except for my dad because he's cool and won't bother me.

I actually accepted his brother (my uncle) too, but I regret it because he lives in California so he's like addicted to writing everyone to stay in touch and he constantly puts dumb things on my page that I must delete immediately.

>>> Okay I'm seriously damaging my eyes I think... I need to take a couple hours to nap and return in the wee morning hours to continue my studying.

Last edited:
There are options to set so that no one in the world can contact you or even see your profile. How does that sound? :laugh:

Then what's the point?

But really, I'm just against the whole thing. it's cultivated such a "look at me, look at me!" mentality I just can't stomach it.

[User X] .... Just took a dump. Ahh, much better.

[User Y] ... Ahh, got 115% on my test today, woot Im the man!

[User Z] ... I'm pregnant, weee give me congratulations now!

ugh.

I think it's a decent way to stay in contact (and maybe even form stronger friendships) with what would otherwise be acquaintances. I don't really respond to the "Oh I pooped" status updates, but if someone does well on a test at a different university, I don't feel cheesy for congratulating them. It's just like a condensed conversation.

We live in an age where common social skills and the ability to sucessfully have face to face interactions are lacked by many young men and women. Therefore networks like facebook are needed as a social outlet and networking area to converse and maintain normal human contact.

Long story short. . . .young people are losing the ability to have real social skills, common courtesy and the ability to have good verbal communication skills! I'm a facebook junkie myself but I have yet to give up my chance to have an intellectual one on one conversation rather then indulge in meaningless 160 character status updates about when I'm taking a dump! lol

Then what's the point?

But really, I'm just against the whole thing. it's cultivated such a "look at me, look at me!" mentality I just can't stomach it.

[User X] .... Just took a dump. Ahh, much better.

[User Y] ... Ahh, got 115% on my test today, woot Im the man!

[User Z] ... I'm pregnant, weee give me congratulations now!

ugh.

Ahhh! There's this girl on my facebook who keeps uploading pics of her pregnant belly, and I think, that's more for your PERSONAL photo album NOT on the internet than facebook..... but then all these people tell her how she's "glowing" and she's "beautiful" and I think, man, maybe I'm just jaded.

I hate facebook type of things too, but I use it because it IS a convenient way to get in touch with some of the more obscure people you don't talk with everyday - ie. I've gotten in touch with some of my middle school friends I've fallen out of touch with after college, and it's nice. It's also a convenient place that has everyone's contact info in one place.

My iTunes keeps freezing after I synchronize with my iPod. Does anyone experience the same thing?

Omg if there is ever one thing I miss about the midwest, it is white castle. The frozen ones just don't taste the same :/

...And shopping sounds fun but only if we can get pedis and manis after :)
Yuck. If there is one thing I want removed from the midwest it's white castle.

Does anyone in your family use FB? I know some families tend to friend each other on FB, and other times everyone will have FB except the mother, or something like that.
My siblings are the only ones who use it, I think the discovery of youtube is going to keep my parents distracted until facebook becomes uncool. I only sign onto mine like once a week anyway. Except recently because I have march madness brackets on it.

Swear to God, the worst thing I ever did was accept a friend request from my mother lol

I joined Facebook when I was drunk in like Aug of '04. It's been all downhill since then :(

I'll have to find the SDN group though

Ahhh! There's this girl on my facebook who keeps uploading pics of her pregnant belly, and I think, that's more for your PERSONAL photo album NOT on the internet than facebook..... but then all these people tell her how she's "glowing" and she's "beautiful" and I think, man, maybe I'm just jaded.

I hate facebook type of things too, but I use it because it IS a convenient way to get in touch with some of the more obscure people you don't talk with everyday - ie. I've gotten in touch with some of my middle school friends I've fallen out of touch with after college, and it's nice. It's also a convenient place that has everyone's contact info in one place.

There are a ton of girls who went to high school with me or who are younger that are pregnant or already have kids. They all post pictures of their pregnancy or even partially nude pictures because it is "artistic" or beautiful, or whatever. I don't think you are jaded because I feel the same way though. I don't believe that stuff belongs on the public internet, but then again maybe I am immature because I definitely don't understand pregnancy and it actually scares me! lol I am nearly 23 years old, but I guess it is something some people only understand when they have kids (which I don't want) or when they're older. I'm also pretty conservative about personal life stuff like that, especially having kids at such a young age.

There are a ton of girls who went to high school with me or who are younger that are pregnant or already have kids. They all post pictures of their pregnancy or even partially nude pictures because it is "artistic" or beautiful, or whatever. I don't think you are jaded because I feel the same way though. I don't believe that stuff belongs on the public internet, but then again maybe I am immature because I definitely don't understand pregnancy and it actually scares me! lol I am nearly 23 years old, but I guess it is something some people only understand when they have kids (which I don't want) or when they're older. I'm also pretty conservative about personal life stuff like that, especially having kids at such a young age.

There were people from my high school that had 3 kids by the time they were 20. Granted, I graduated with 72 people, but still.

1j6lab.jpg

Russian Cookies fresh from the oven!

Chicken Saltimbocca! My pictures weren't very good this time but here it is:

24pjthu.jpg

Chicken with saltimbocca sauce (home made of course) over a bed of fettucini tossed in spinach.

1zd9h6p.jpg

It was delicious but not quite as good as my sesame chicken. I think that was by far my best "restaurant quality" dish.

Anyway, bon apetit! :)

Hey tinkerbell, remember those times when I gave you a hard time for making typos while writing replies from your phone? well, I finally know how hard it is to type on a touch screen. when I was trying to comment on a friend's status earlier, i ended up making some typos :laugh:

Hey tinkerbell, remember those times when I gave you a hard time for making typos while writing replies from your phone? well, I finally know how hard it is to type on a touch screen. when I was trying to comment on a friend's status earlier, i ended up making some typos :laugh:

That's one of the main reasons I never went to an iPhone. I like my tactile keyboard on my BB thank you very much lol

Should I buy something online for $27 or go to a store in town today and get it for $33?

Uploaded pregnant belly pictures on FB are definitely bad, but not as bad as this one girl that used to go to my dance studio when I was little and is now trying to become a "model." I swear, every five minutes she is uploading a new skanktastic picture of herself with her new fake boobs hanging out...sad thing is, she all of 5'4 and does her makeup like a drag queen and most likely pays for these "photoshoot" pictures herself. She is beyond delusional.

I'm thankful my mom has never sent me a FB request.
Actually, I have several cousins/aunts/uncles/etc. on there, and it's straining.... they are extremely conservative. Extremely extremely.

It's hard to hold my tongue at some of the baloney they post. :bang:

Uploaded pregnant belly pictures on FB are definitely bad, but not as bad as this one girl that used to go to my dance studio when I was little and is now trying to become a "model." I swear, every five minutes she is uploading a new skanktastic picture of herself with her new fake boobs hanging out...sad thing is, she all of 5'4 and does her makeup like a drag queen and most likely pays for these "photoshoot" pictures herself. She is beyond delusional.

Is she worse than Dr. John Nash? :laugh:

Can you put a price on happiness?
Actually, I guess in this instance you can. That being 6 bux.

DO EET.

It's $27 if I do Site to Store from Walmart.com. It takes two weeks to get to the store though, since I'm choosing FREE SHIPPING :laugh:

It's $32~33 if I drive to Best Buy to buy it.

Actually, I have several cousins/aunts/uncles/etc. on there, and it's straining.... they are extremely conservative. Extremely extremely.

I have deleted family members for that reason. I don't like hopping on FB only to have my feed full of scripture from the bible.

It's $27 if I do Site to Store from Walmart.com. It takes two weeks to get to the store though, since I'm choosing FREE SHIPPING :laugh:

It's $32~33 if I drive to Best Buy to buy it.

Best Buy eh.... that mean's its electronics based which means there are better places to get it.

What is it? lol

Interesting how FB came up. Isn't SDN just like it? Another social network? You guys would have all loved the writing portion for the UCSF interview. Social networks was one of three topics interviewees could have wrote about.

My take on FB and SDN, I love them. I dislike twitter though. I don't see the point in "tweeting."

I have an iPod touch for now. I'll probably get an iPhone during my third or fourth year.

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I can understand pregnancy is special for the people going through it, but really... does everyone need to know ... and SEE? Like, if your boss is on it, do you really want your boss to see half shirtless pictures of your pregnant belly.

Interesting how FB came up. Isn't SDN just like it? Another social network? You guys would have all loved the writing portion for the UCSF interview. Social networks was one of three topics interviewees could have wrote about.

That's cool .... that wasn't one of my 3 prompts though. I guess they have several.

You guys sure were busy last night...

I went and saw "How to Train Your Dragon" in 3D last night. I highly recommend it :) since I just woke up (yeah, 1pm WTF), I am going to grab some lunch!

:confused: How did you know?

The dearly beloved by everyone FB told me so.

I don't know how I feel about it - it's an evil hell hole that sucks you in, but I almost have to be on it because I'm the admin for our class group and we set some of our class events and fundraisers through FB, so I can't escape it.

Last summer, someone stole pictures from my account (it used to be on extreme privacy setting at a time) and used it to create a fake alternate account of me and send out messages to my classmate-to-be. That was quite something causing me insurmountable amount of stress.

I was typing on a Go Phone. LOL It doesn't have separate keys for each letter... there are like 3-4 letters per key. :laugh:

Should I buy something online for $27 or go to a store in town today and get it for $33?

I'm way too impatient... I normally only buy stuff online if I absolutely can't get it at the store. But that's just me. lol

Luckily no one in my family is extremely socially conservative. They're all about on the same level as I am, but they still mess with me which is why I don't friend them.

I think I'm gonna go to best buy. I might see NaOH, but just not recognize him :laugh: