OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea I don't alter my persona in anyway whether its online or in person. I don't believe in creating a false image of myself.

I agree... I don't act differently but I just refrain from talking about highly emotionally charged things like religion, politics, etc... I will to a degree, but I'd rather just save it unless I really know the person.

On facebook, I am myself even though I might not seem like it to some people when I see them in person. It's hard to show emotions and proper tone when I talk to my friends on facebook.

Do you ever use that to your advantage? :laugh: Oh, and do you understand much of the spanish they speak to you?

I'm not sure how looking white would be an advantage... I usually have to use looking HISPANIC to my advantage living where I do. Hispanic people are the majority in Miami and I probably would not have gotten as many jobs if they thought I wouldn't be able to converse with the customers.

I used to speak spanish a lot better than I do now, but yeah I can understand it okay. My family is from Spain so the dialect is a lot more pronounced and 'proper'... kind of like Britain VS Australia VS USA. Cuban spanish is a lot more rapid and the words are sometimes cut off or strung together it seems like to me anyway so it's harder for me to understand.

You wanna talk awkward, I am friends with several people online right? I started going to a particular set of message boards in 1998 and have been talking to the same group of people since then. Two of them I have been rather close to the entire time to the point where we all text each other just about every day.

Well one of them I made a groomsman in my wedding. I had only physically met him once before, the previous summer, so it was quite awkward to explain to friends and family how precisely I knew him lol

I know exactly what you mean... I've met a few friends like that on the cheerleading message boards that AOL used to have back in the day. We eventually would meet each other at competitions and trade t shirts from our respective gyms, but it was always akward trying to explain how we met to our friends and family. I always felt like they would think I was some weirdo internet creeper who makes friends online but it's not even like that... we just grew up in the digital generation I guess.

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh: Those three girls used to comment on my xanga posts back in high school. From that, we knew each other's AIM screen names, so we would talk on that. Then later on, I added all three of them on facebook, and now I just talk to my best friend and that girl I still haven't met. I would talk to that girl who was a lifeguard, but it's been so long since we have talked.

I dated a lifeguard for a while... good times:whistle:

I know exactly what you mean... I've met a few friends like that on the cheerleading message boards that AOL used to have back in the day. We eventually would meet each other at competitions and trade t shirts from our respective gyms, but it was always akward trying to explain how we met to our friends and family. I always felt like they would think I was some weirdo internet creeper who makes friends online but it's not even like that... we just grew up in the digital generation I guess.

Wait a minute, there were cheerleader message boards? And you met some of them? There weren't any sleepovers were there? giggity giggity

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yeah... this is another really awkward thing... when you meet people online but they know exactly what you look like and then you end up going someplace they are at and they find you!!! :laugh:

I wouldn't mind meeting SDN people because I'm sure a lot of us will end up at the same schools... but this has happened to me at the most inappropriate times with other groups of people.

For example... during Halloween this year I went out with a bunch of my friends from back home and as we were walking to the car to go home one of the guys was stabbed by a tourist and I was really upset because one of my other close girl friends was killed 5 month earlier. As I was standing there waiting for the ambulance to come and making a hysterical scene a group of guys came up to me and they're like Hey I know you! You went to UM didn't you??? We're friends on Facebook!

Not cool.

Wait a minute, there were cheerleader message boards? And you met some of them? There weren't any sleepovers were there? giggity giggity

LOL Not really... but when I moved away for college I actually ended up on the same team as some of them and when you travel for competitions you have to share 4-6 people in a hotel so I guess that counts. :laugh:

Oh yeah... this is another really awkward thing... when you meet people online but they know exactly what you look like and then you end up going someplace they are at and they find you!!! :laugh:

I know what you mean, the first time I met him we pegged each other out of a crowd of hundreds of people. I mean we had known and talked to each other for nine years, but it was still strange lol

For example... during Halloween this year I went out with a bunch of my friends from back home and as we were walking to the car to go home one of the guys was stabbed by a tourist and I was really upset because one of my other close girl friends was killed 5 month earlier. As I was standing there waiting for the ambulance to come and making a hysterical scene a group of guys came up to me and they're like Hey I know you! You went to UM didn't you??? We're friends on Facebook!

Not cool.

I've started becoming very choosy over who I friend on Facebook. I think I cleaned out about 70 people a few months ago.

LOL Not really... but when I moved away for college I actually ended up on the same team as some of them and when you travel for competitions you have to share 4-6 people in a hotel so I guess that counts. :laugh:

See right now I'm picturing lots of baby oil and pillow fights. And then some spooning at the end.

You just made my day :love:

I wouldn't mind meeting SDN people because I'm sure a lot of us will end up at the same schools... but this has happened to me at the most inappropriate times with other groups of people.

Not cool.

That sounds scary. But by a tourist? Geez. I thought tourists went to places to travel and look around, not to hurt people. Doesn't sound much like a tourist to me.

Sorry about your friends though. It must have been tough.

Oh man. Bunch of hot cheerleaders in one room? :thumbup: :laugh:

More people need to post on this thread. It seems like there are 5-6 avid posters. lol

If we have too many, it will feel too public. We can have something like our "little club" here :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Exactly! Now we just have to wait for Scooby to get home. She's the cutie of the group while Tinker is our hot cheerleader lol

:thumbup: Definitely. :laugh:

Tinkerbell, how long were you a cheerleader?

Everyone else is too busy posting in the 'Anyone heard from _____________ yet?!' threads.

Us cool cats are just taking it easy. :thumbup:

Lol, yeah im for sure taking it easy. Im already accepted :D

Exactly! Now we just have to wait for Scooby to get home. She's the cutie of the group while Tinker is our hot cheerleader lol

lol so what can i be to the group?

Hey I'm the one who spent $2,400 turning my computer into a virtual race car lol

I've got the pics to prove it! :p

Well, you can both be our drivers then :laugh: When one of you gets tired, the other can take over.

That sounds scary. But by a tourist? Geez. I thought tourists went to places to travel and look around, not to hurt people. Doesn't sound much like a tourist to me.

Sorry about your friends though. It must have been tough.

It's okay... it was hard but I deal with things really well. It's a small town so I talk to all my old friends a lot more now since everything happened. It was a tourist from Miami-Ft Lauderdale... some young guy who thought he was a thug or something. He was out partying all night and he has prior arrests for violent charges so yeah... he's in jail now luckily.

See right now I'm picturing lots of baby oil and pillow fights. And then some spooning at the end.

You just made my day :love:

LOL My team in college was coed though so pillow fights were more like a beatdown rather a girlie funny thing. I actually broke a couple bones in my foot because I was innocently walking behind a 6'2 guy who cocked back to hit someone and stepped on it.

I know what you mean, the first time I met him we pegged each other out of a crowd of hundreds of people. I mean we had known and talked to each other for nine years, but it was still strange lol

I've started becoming very choosy over who I friend on Facebook. I think I cleaned out about 70 people a few months ago.

Exactly!!! The place where I messed up on Facebook is when I started accepting friend requests from people as long as they were from the same college I went to. My school is kinda small, so I figured whatever it's okay... but now I have like 20-30 random people from my college I never even met.

LOL My team in college was coed though so pillow fights were more like a beatdown rather a girlie funny thing. I actually broke a couple bones in my foot because I was innocently walking behind a 6'2 guy who cocked back to hit someone and stepped on it.

Yeah... I'm sure they were in it because they liked cheerleading :D

Reminds me of the movie Fired Up which was surprisingly funny.

Enduro... I like...

So we have:

Doc - Driver #1
Me - Driver #2
Scooby - Cute girl next door
Tinker - Hot cheerleader

Now what are you and who are we missing? lol

I could be the computer expert :laugh: We could get sparda and passion4sci if they are interested.

Oh in my class in pharmacy school, I'm apparently the computer expert in my class, because whenever teachers have computer problems, no one is willing to help except for me. :laugh:

I could either be the computer expert :laugh: We could get sparda and passion4sci if they are interested.

Oh in my class in pharmacy school, I'm apparently the computer expert in my class, because whenever teachers have computer problems, no one is willing to help except for me. :laugh:

I've built a couple of computers over the years so EVERYONE comes to me with problems. I've also become the go-to guy on all of our ScriptPro robots because I've dicked around with them enough to troubleshoot most of the problems.

Pharmacy and computers... we're uber nerds

I started cheerleading for a youth football league when I was 5, gymnastics when I was 8, competitive cheerleading in middle school, then I cheered for my high school team, then I did strictly competitive cheer and dance in college, then I made the college team at my graduate school but I had to quit after camp because of work and school. College cheerleading basically owns you and takes over your whole life because you have to do so many other things outside of practice, which is great for being involved in the school and community but I desperately needed to work, and I worked in a sports bar so my schedule was different every week and they wouldn't let me off for the events that I was required to go to. I am turning 23 in May so working is a necessity... I miss it very much but hopefully if I get into pharmacy school I can find a place to practice at.

PS. holy run on sentence.

I've built a couple of computers over the years so EVERYONE comes to me with problems. I've also become the go-to guy on all of our ScriptPro robots because I've dicked around with them enough to troubleshoot most of the problems.

Pharmacy and computers... we're uber nerds

Oh, I've seen ScriptPro at a pharmacy I once shadowed. I also saw a really pretty nursing student :laugh: Oh and there used to be a hot blonde girl working as a cashier/pharm tech, but apparently, she got fired few days before I went shadowing :thumbdown:

I started cheerleading for a youth football league when I was 5, gymnastics when I was 8, competitive cheerleading in middle school, then I cheered for my high school team, then I did strictly competitive cheer and dance in college, then I made the college team at my graduate school but I had to quit after camp because of work and school. College cheerleading basically owns you and takes over your whole life because you have to do so many other things outside of practice, which is great for being involved in the school and community but I desperately needed to work, and I worked in a sports bar so my schedule was different every week and they wouldn't let me off for the events that I was required to go to. I am turning 23 in May so working is a necessity... I miss it very much but hopefully if I get into pharmacy school I can find a place to practice at.

I actually knew a couple people who did it at the college level. I do have the utmost respect for it. It's a ton of work and I'm not sure I could put that much trust into other people lol

Oh, I've seen ScriptPro at a pharmacy I once shadowed. I also saw a really pretty nursing student :laugh: Oh and there used to be a hot blonde girl working as a cashier, but apparently, she got fired few days before I went shadowing :thumbdown:

What I consider to be the most beautiful girl I have ever saw worked at one of our stores. We dated for a year and half and I have never loved anyone quite like her. Not sure if I'll ever understand what happened there.

But there is nothing, and I mean nothing, than an attractive girl with a brain, especially if its geared towards pharmacy/medical fields.

PS. holy run on sentence.

:laugh:

I know one girl in undergrad who was cheerleader for 2-3 years. She still managed to take enough classes early on to get accepted to pharmacy school last year. She's going to a private school in denver.

:laugh:

I know one girl in undergrad who was cheerleader for 2-3 years. She still managed to take enough classes early on to get accepted to pharmacy school last year. She's going to a private school in denver.

That must be Regis. I've gotten the impression from some people over there that they have... eclectic students there

What I consider to be the most beautiful girl I have ever saw worked at one of our stores. We dated for a year and half and I have never loved anyone quite like her. Not sure if I'll ever understand what happened there.

But there is nothing, and I mean nothing, better than an attractive girl with a brain, especially if its geared towards pharmacy/medical fields.

Definitely. I think most of the girls I've dated weren't into science and medicine. I think that says something about me though :laugh:

Definitely. I think most of the girls I've dated weren't into science and medicine. I think that says something about me though :laugh:

lol I cannot stand talking to a girl who's got a squeaky hamster wheel for a brain. I have gotten up and walked away from some pretty attractive girls because I'm pretty sure they couldn't finish a paint by numbers.

lol I cannot stand talking to a girl who's got a squeaky hamster wheel for a brain. I have gotten up and walked away from some pretty attractive girls because I'm pretty sure they couldn't finish a paint by numbers.

My ex-girlfriend was sort of like that I guess. People at school thought she wasn't very smart and my close friends thought so too. I tried to not let it bother me because I really did care about her, and we were happy together, but I couldn't see myself being with this girl for too long.

My ex-girlfriend was sort of like that I guess. People at school thought she wasn't very smart and my close friends thought so too. I tried to not let it bother me because I really did care about her, and we were happy together, but I couldn't see myself being with this girl for too long.

I can relate to that. I'm also highly inquisitive which bugs the hell outta some people lol

My last two long relationships were with extremely dense girls. Never again.

My last two long relationships were with extremely dense girls. Never again.

What I hate is when you get into some type of deep discussion and they clearly don't understand what they're talking about so they become all defensive.

I know its an a-hole though, but man does that bug the bejesus outta me lol

What I hate is when you get into some type of deep discussion and they clearly don't understand what they're talking about so they become all defensive.

Yeah same here. I need a girl with brains not with that gives good brain. :thumbup::thumbup:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes I tried to talk to that girl about stuff, and she would be like "uh huh..." even though she didn't really understand :laugh:

When I was helping her study for Gen Chem, there were times when she clearly didn't understand some of the calculations and was just memorizing what I had told her instead of trying to understand it.

Lucky for you boys, there are a lot of smart girls in Pharmacy School...and with a ratio like 40% males to 60% females, I would say your odds are pretty darn good :D

BTW, I agree- girls with brains are hot.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes I tried to talk to that girl about stuff, and she would be like "uh huh..." even though she didn't really understand :laugh:

When I was helping her study for Gen Chem, there were times when she clearly didn't understand some of the calculations and was just memorizing what I had told her instead of trying to understand it.

That's why I'm really selective about who I tutor. I have a lot of patience, but when there's something that I find incredibly simple that someone else gets, I wanna bash them over the head with a 2x4.

I know it's not their fault for not understanding it, but it's one of the things that frustrates me to no end.