Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
OT What are you cooking?
Started by CoffeeQuestionMark
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sounds tasty!
Have you tried avocado? It's my favorite green thing to put in smoothies.
I haven’t! But that does sound good, I love avocado sandwiches
Had just a few friends over for a cocktail night to celebrate the end of the year. Our spread
My contribution was the figs-in-a-blanket
My contribution was the figs-in-a-blanket
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mother’s Day breakfast for my mom!!!
Homemade home fries (with a smidge of paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper), pancakes, and cheesy scrambled eggs!!
Homemade home fries (with a smidge of paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper), pancakes, and cheesy scrambled eggs!!
Pasta primavera and left over champagne fun
@CoffeeQuestionMark what is everything? I can pick out the shrimp cocktail, the veggie tray, and garlic toast?? (and the Tito's...yum) but what are the other bowls/pans of things? It all looks yummy
Towards the back is bruschetta, paired with parmesan toast. There were also lemon bars, chocolate dipped strawberries, and the figs-in-a-blanket.@CoffeeQuestionMark what is everything? I can pick out the shrimp cocktail, the veggie tray, and garlic toast?? (and the Tito's...yum) but what are the other bowls/pans of things? It all looks yummy
There is a sugar bowl with lemon slices, too, but that was not an hors d'oeuvre, it was to pair with german chocolate cake shots
ooooooooo yum!!!! I want to come party with ya'll!
Coffee jelly? What is that?Guys I’m so proud of myself! I made some brown sugar milk tea and coffee jelly for the first time ever! Turned out pretty good for my first shot if I do say so myself 🙂
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coffee jelly? What is that?
It's coffee + sugar + gelatin. Kind of like jello but made with coffee instead. Here's the recipe I used 🙂
Japanese Coffee Jelly Is a Refreshing and Unique Dessert
Japanese coffee jelly is a light and refreshing dessert or summertime treat that's made with black coffee and gelatin. Serve plain or with cream.
Tonight featured a poor-man's (woman's) Salisbury steak. As in a hamburger patty, gravy, mashed potatoes, and sauteed mushrooms and onions. Basically a way to use up a bunch of leftover odds and ends. And it actually turned out not bad lol.
Guys I’m so proud of myself! I made some brown sugar milk tea and coffee jelly for the first time ever! Turned out pretty good for my first shot if I do say so myself 🙂
That looks so delicious!!! I had my first attempt at keto bubble tea with milk foam (minus the bubbles.. lol) yesterday and it actually turned out pretty well! I am having to experiment a bit to keep within what I am supposed to be eating with this diet.
As a foil to last night's assortment of stray leftovers, there's currently garlic bread and stuffed zucchini in my oven <3
Please stop spamming this in unrelated threads.View attachment 307768
![]()
Sign the Petition
Recognizing the veterinary workforce as essential during the COVID-19 pandemicchng.it
HEY EVERYONE !!
PLEASE SIGN AND SHARE !!
Many people are unaware that veterinary hospitals are considered essential businesses - it’s time to spread the word and show your appreciation for the veterinary field!!
this is a great opportunity to spread the word about our amazing profession!!
THANK YOU !!!!
Courtney Weaver
Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2023
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please stop spamming RELATED threadsPlease stop spamming this in unrelated threads.
Or @dyachei or literally any other mod@Lupin21 i know yous probably busy with work but pls save us.
Or @dyachei or literally any other mod
if only I knew all the other mods on here besides lupin or dy. Dead
@Matthew9Thirtyfiveif only I knew all the other mods on here besides lupin or dy. Dead
It’s like. The petition is to the AVMA. But at the start of the pandemic, the AVMA released a statement declaring practices as essential. Make it make sense.
Yeah, I can't even figure out what this petition is actually for. Like it feels like it's actually supposed to be a thank you card rather a petition... but we're all part of the veterinary community in the first place so are we like... signing a thank you card to ourselves?
Also, using your real name to spam a professional forum was probably not the brightest of moves.
Yeah, I can't even figure out what this petition is actually for. Like it feels like it's actually supposed to be a thank you card rather a petition... but we're all part of the veterinary community in the first place so are we like... signing a thank you card to ourselves?
Also, using your real name to spam a professional forum was probably not the brightest of moves.
I would like to say a thank you to the mod that got involved
Haha np, they should all be deleted now! Also, is that Finnegan Fox @itsrocky 😍
Bless u you’re amazingHaha np, they should all be deleted now! Also, is that Finnegan Fox @itsrocky 😍
Haha np, they should all be deleted now! Also, is that Finnegan Fox @itsrocky 😍
maybe? Not sure. But I do loves little finnegan and his fox hole he’s so proud of!!!!
My sister absolutely loves that channel and I've watched it a couple times with her too haha all of them are so freakin cute 😍maybe? Not sure. But I do loves little finnegan and his fox hole he’s so proud of!!!!
I feel like that would’ve been better off as a Facebook post or tweet with a “please share” or “please retweet” “to show support”Yeah, I can't even figure out what this petition is actually for. Like it feels like it's actually supposed to be a thank you card rather a petition... but we're all part of the veterinary community in the first place so are we like... signing a thank you card to ourselves?
Also, using your real name to spam a professional forum was probably not the brightest of moves.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh don’t worry it is. She posted it on APVMA tooI feel like that would’ve been better off as a Facebook post or tweet with a “please share” or “please retweet” “to show support”
Maybe this is a (poorly executed) attempt at getting vet med recognized for some of the benefits being proposed in various bills for essential workers?Yeah, I can't even figure out what this petition is actually for. Like it feels like it's actually supposed to be a thank you card rather a petition... but we're all part of the veterinary community in the first place so are we like... signing a thank you card to ourselves?
Also, using your real name to spam a professional forum was probably not the brightest of moves.
Like maybe veterinarians got left out of the proposed bill with the potential for $25,000 in loans forgiveness for essential workers?
The bill defined essential workers very specifically and not all people working as essential workers were actually included. (My husband is considered an essential worker and goes to work everyday, but his profession was not included in the bill.)
Sent from my SM-G892U using SDN mobile
I don’t think so. If you read the petition and the girl’s post and comment on the APVMA Facebook page, it really just seemed like a “1 like=1 respect” kind of post. Except I don’t understand why she’d choose a petition, which is supposed to be in support of some sort of tangible change (surprising, especially since the website change.org doesn’t imply that at all...). Instead she wants to bring awareness to the fact that veterinary hospitals are essential, despite the fact that it’s on every government website, and she is posting it to veterinary groups so that we can be aware that we’re essential?Maybe this is a (poorly executed) attempt at getting vet med recognized for some of the benefits being proposed in various bills for essential workers?
Like maybe veterinarians got left out of the proposed bill with the potential for $25,000 in loans forgiveness for essential workers?
The bill defined essential workers very specifically and not all people working as essential workers were actually included. (My husband is considered an essential worker and goes to work everyday, but his profession was not included in the bill.)
Sent from my SM-G892U using SDN mobile
Weird.I don’t think so. If you read the petition and the girl’s post and comment on the APVMA Facebook page, it really just seemed like a “1 like=1 respect” kind of post. Except I don’t understand why she’d choose a petition, which is supposed to be in support of some sort of tangible change (surprising, especially since the website change.org doesn’t imply that at all...). Instead she wants to bring awareness to the fact that veterinary hospitals are essential, despite the fact that it’s on every government website, and she is posting it to veterinary groups so that we can be aware that we’re essential?
Especially in the cooking thread.

Sent from my SM-G892U using SDN mobile
Last edited:
hey guys. So if you need it seen in a hurry, report it and another mod can always work on it WITHOUT having to ask specifically
in this case, someone did that and it was the correct call and they've been temp banned while we figure out what we're doing here.
in this case, someone did that and it was the correct call and they've been temp banned while we figure out what we're doing here.
Because I wanted to say hi
Oh I definitely washey guys. So if you need it seen in a hurry, report it and another mod can always work on it WITHOUT having to ask specifically

Because I wanted to say hi![]()
It was out of place in every thread, lol!
Now for an on-topic post, my friend and I made a tomato soup cake last night.
I saw a recipe on Facebook and said "we have to try that." They compared it to carrot cake.
Well, we didn't follow the recipe at all, and instead just got a box of spice cake mix and replaced the water in the recipe with condensed tomato soup.
I think it's a good cake, would have to try a regular spice cake side-by-side to really see what flavor the soup adds, cause as-is I can't tell a difference.
I saw a recipe on Facebook and said "we have to try that." They compared it to carrot cake.
Well, we didn't follow the recipe at all, and instead just got a box of spice cake mix and replaced the water in the recipe with condensed tomato soup.
I think it's a good cake, would have to try a regular spice cake side-by-side to really see what flavor the soup adds, cause as-is I can't tell a difference.
Last night I made chicken alfredo with mushrooms and green peppers that was SO good even though I definitely make variations of that meal a lot (because: cheap, easy, makes a lot for lunches/quick suppers). I think the butter that was used to saute the mushrooms and peppers may have contributed a little.
I’ve been taking advantage of having to weed out a ton of goutweed to make pesto 🙂. Mostly goutweed (tastes a lot like parsley imo), some kidney beans and soy milk for creaminess, nutritional yeast for umami, black pepper, and lemon juice for brightness. Thrown in blender without measuring because my cooking style is “experimental but incredibly lazy”.
R
RTC19
My SO's family bought a share in a farm in the rural part of the county. I am taking care of their cat while they are out of town later this summer. Their kitty is his own reward - he's a great boy - but they offered me their weekly fresh vegetable basket so it doesn't go to waste.
I WANT to learn to cook more things. So much of why I realistically don't try is cost. I hate having to spend money on food that I may or may not actually end up eating to a sense of fullness. Then, I have to spend money on what I am actually going to eat, which is frequently takeout because by that point I am starving and crabby. So, it gets hard for me to justify the expense. But, these are FREE. So, I am going to try some vegetable recipes from Pinterest that week and see how it goes. 🙂 I will report back! 🙂
I WANT to learn to cook more things. So much of why I realistically don't try is cost. I hate having to spend money on food that I may or may not actually end up eating to a sense of fullness. Then, I have to spend money on what I am actually going to eat, which is frequently takeout because by that point I am starving and crabby. So, it gets hard for me to justify the expense. But, these are FREE. So, I am going to try some vegetable recipes from Pinterest that week and see how it goes. 🙂 I will report back! 🙂
Pastalaya turned out great!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are the brown chunks sausage, @cubsrule4e ?
Made a really tasty Mexican Zucchini and beef skillet tonight. Keto friendly even though I'm not into that usually. Mexican Zucchini and Beef Skillet Not the quickest meal but makes a lot of food so I wont have to cook much while on ICU/ECC this week.
OOO I love that I found this thread! Super curious what you all enjoy making for breakfast/brunch? My boyfriend and I have a tradition of sleeping in and making Sunday Brunch together (a tradition I hope to carry into vet school 🙂) and we're looking for new ideas! we're getting sick of pancakes, omelettes, or french toast lol!
Oooo my family does a really yummy casserole with sausage and hash browns in it if you want the recipeOOO I love that I found this thread! Super curious what you all enjoy making for breakfast/brunch? My boyfriend and I have a tradition of sleeping in and making Sunday Brunch together (a tradition I hope to carry into vet school 🙂) and we're looking for new ideas! we're getting sick of pancakes, omelettes, or french toast lol!
It does make a 9x13 pan so you’ll either need to cut the recipe or have a looooot of leftovers vs just the one morning.
Almost every weekday morning I have scrambled eggs with ham, cheese, potatoes, and jalapeños. I also love sourdough toast but the carbs don’t keep me full long enough to be a sustainable breakfast. I like Migas on occasion to switch up my egg dishes. Quiche can be a good way to use up leftover veggies and meats. Biscuits and gravy? Eggs Benedict? I used to eat a lot of breakfast burritos because I could make them ahead of time and freeze some, but sounds like you want something fun to make together.OOO I love that I found this thread! Super curious what you all enjoy making for breakfast/brunch? My boyfriend and I have a tradition of sleeping in and making Sunday Brunch together (a tradition I hope to carry into vet school 🙂) and we're looking for new ideas! we're getting sick of pancakes, omelettes, or french toast lol!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 272