-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS 2018 - 2019 Cycle
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OT_2019
Full Member
Just got waitlisted for Columbia.. still waiting on Seton Hall
Can you please share your stats?
Seton Hall is 10 business days from date of LETTER. NYU is 3 weeks or April 15th, whichever is later. Columbia I was waitlisted and Downstate magically didn't even interview me lol.How long did they give for deposits?
I think someone asked stats as well.
Bachelors: 3.2 in Fashion Design and Development with a Business Minor and Public speaking emphasis.
Prerequisites: 4.0
Hours: ~100 (~75hrs at a hospital OT where I saw in-patient and out-patient. ~25hrs with a PT to see the other side of who OT's commonly are compared to and work with cross functionally especially in hospital settings.)
I also have 15+ years of work experience and am a "non traditional" student doing a career change, so I think what they look at for someone like ME is different than straight out of undergrad.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IDK how old you are but relax. I'm in my mid 30's doing a career change. Look to see where you can make yourself a stronger candidate. Do you need to retake classes to get a better grade from undergrad??? What's your prerequisite GPA? How many hours did you do? There are LOTS of things to make you a stronger option. But relax 🙂 This happened to my friend last year (also old like me) and it worked out. Another option is to apply to an OTA program...then do a bridge. It's slower, but often you can work while in BOTH programs, unlike the grad school and it's cheaper overall.I wouldn’t get down on yourself! Sometimes programs are just looking for different qualifications and different times. Just because you didn’t get into NYU doesn’t mean that you won’t get into Columbia. I know rejections take a blow at your confidence (I know from experience!) But keep your head up and apply to as many programs as you can!
Hope that helps 🙂
Has anyone heard anything from Midwestern in Downers Grove?
otstudent78
Full Member
When did you hear from Seton Hall? I got waitlisted for Columbia yesterday, but still waiting on Seton Hall.Seton Hall is 10 business days from date of LETTER. NYU is 3 weeks or April 15th, whichever is later. Columbia I was waitlisted and Downstate magically didn't even interview me lol.
I think someone asked stats as well.
Bachelors: 3.2 in Fashion Design and Development with a Business Minor and Public speaking emphasis.
Prerequisites: 4.0
Hours: ~100 (~75hrs at a hospital OT where I saw in-patient and out-patient. ~25hrs with a PT to see the other side of who OT's commonly are compared to and work with cross functionally especially in hospital settings.)
I also have 15+ years of work experience and am a "non traditional" student doing a career change, so I think what they look at for someone like ME is different than straight out of undergrad.
I spoke to Patrick today in person and they said that Seton Hall accepts applications in multiple rounds. So that’s why some have heard back and some haven’t. They said that everyone would find out over the next three weeks, he said “before Easter”.I guess we will have to wait to find out! I know last year people heard back the beginning of April that they got accepted but who knows.
otstudent78
Full Member
Did anyone receive a call from a number in Orange,New Jersey? I’m thinking it’s seton hall but got no voicemail! I’m away on vacation and don’t have the best service
THATotGIRL
Full Member
I have a question not necessarily about OT but about living. When moving to a new area for school is it better to live alone or find a roommate who is basically a stranger? Any advice and opinions are welcome! 🙂
Totally up to you. Cheaper to do with roommate but definitely personal decision
otstudent78
Full Member
Did anyone else get waitlisted just now for Seton Hall?
Same here, just got waitlistedDid anyone else get waitlisted just now for Seton Hall?
otstudent78
Full Member
Hopefully some spots open upSame here, just got waitlisted
Yes, can only try to stay positive. I was told they won’t release info on our rankingHopefully some spots open up
otstudent78
Full Member
Yes, same with me. I accepted a spot at LIU, but it’s frustrating to be on the waitlist for two schools. I guess we will see what happens!Yes, can only try to stay positive. I was told they won’t release info on our ranking
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
THATotGIRL
Full Member
Anyone hear from tufts ?
Updated (4/16) FINAL:
Applied: Brenau University, Georgia State, Wingate University, Emory & Henry, Medical University of SC, Milligan College, Mary Baldwin University
Interviews: Wingate (Oct. 26), Brenau (11/30), Georgia State (12/3), Mary Baldwin (Declined), Medical University of SC (1/29), Milligan College (2/22)
Acceptances: Wingate (4/16-declined), Brenau University (4/16-Attending!!!!)
Waitlist: Milligan College, MUSC, Emory & Henry
Rejections: Georgia State after being on the waitlist
Good luck to the rest of you! [emoji4]
Applied: Brenau University, Georgia State, Wingate University, Emory & Henry, Medical University of SC, Milligan College, Mary Baldwin University
Interviews: Wingate (Oct. 26), Brenau (11/30), Georgia State (12/3), Mary Baldwin (Declined), Medical University of SC (1/29), Milligan College (2/22)
Acceptances: Wingate (4/16-declined), Brenau University (4/16-Attending!!!!)
Waitlist: Milligan College, MUSC, Emory & Henry
Rejections: Georgia State after being on the waitlist
Good luck to the rest of you! [emoji4]
Last edited:
Taylormurrys
BS, OTAS, future MSOT hopeful.
I haven’t either! I tried contacting an admissions rep to see the status of my app, but I haven’t heard back from them either. Good luck!Nope from me!
I contacted them the week of 3/25 and they told me that they were filling up their class that week and will send out an alternate list early April. Still have not heard anything thoughI haven’t either! I tried contacting an admissions rep to see the status of my app, but I haven’t heard back from them either. Good luck!
pintsizeOT
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything from Midwestern in Downers Grove?
On April 23rd all the admitted applicants were attached to one email so that we could contact one another. There were only 48 total names, Midwestern usually has 50 in each cohort. I don't know if that means they are still waiting for acceptances or pulling from the wait list. Just thought I'd share the information. And anyone could withdraw their seat before the first day of class, as well.
Taylormurrys
BS, OTAS, future MSOT hopeful.
I finally got a response from someone in admissions and he told me all communications will be through OTCAS, which I didn’t know. He said that the cohort isn’t full and they will continue sending out offers until it is full. However, he said he believes that unless you are sent an offer, there will be no other communications. I was wondering how we would know if we were waitlisted...I contacted them the week of 3/25 and they told me that they were filling up their class that week and will send out an alternate list early April. Still have not heard anything though
*Final Update*
Undergrad; University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
GPA: 3.4
Last 60: 3.55
GRE: 153V, 151Q, 4
Observation: 100+ hours in pediatrics, inpatient care, hand therapy clinic
Activities: 3 years research assistant in MS lab, sorority member, nanny for child with spastic quad CP, academic mentor for transfer students, volunteer at non-profit providing job training for individuals with disabilities, camp counselor, went on a medical/dental service trip to treat patients in Honduras
LOR: 2 OTs, 1 research supervisor, 1 professor
Applied: Elmhurst, Midwestern, Rush, UIC, Carroll, Huntington University, Davenport, Grand Valley State, Georgia State, St. Scholastica, Belmont, Maryville
Interviews: Georgia State (12/3- declined), Rush (12/14), Belmont (1/25- declined)
Acceptances: Huntington University (11/14), St. Scholastica (4/1), Rush University (4/24)- will be attending
Waitlist: Elmhurst College, Grand Valley State
Rejections: UIC (1/22), Carroll (1/25), Maryville (3/2)
Undergrad; University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
GPA: 3.4
Last 60: 3.55
GRE: 153V, 151Q, 4
Observation: 100+ hours in pediatrics, inpatient care, hand therapy clinic
Activities: 3 years research assistant in MS lab, sorority member, nanny for child with spastic quad CP, academic mentor for transfer students, volunteer at non-profit providing job training for individuals with disabilities, camp counselor, went on a medical/dental service trip to treat patients in Honduras
LOR: 2 OTs, 1 research supervisor, 1 professor
Applied: Elmhurst, Midwestern, Rush, UIC, Carroll, Huntington University, Davenport, Grand Valley State, Georgia State, St. Scholastica, Belmont, Maryville
Interviews: Georgia State (12/3- declined), Rush (12/14), Belmont (1/25- declined)
Acceptances: Huntington University (11/14), St. Scholastica (4/1), Rush University (4/24)- will be attending
Waitlist: Elmhurst College, Grand Valley State
Rejections: UIC (1/22), Carroll (1/25), Maryville (3/2)
Congrats!! Will you be attending Kean?So thankful I can finally post this
Applied: NYU, Columbia, Alvernia, Stockton, Seton Hall and Kean University
Rejected: Columbia and Stockton
Waitlisted: NYU, Alvernia and Seton Hall
Accepted: Kean !!
Yes I will be!!Congrats!! Will you be attending Kean?
captainottobe
Full Member
If I ask a professor/OT for a LOR now when the next OTCAS cycle hasn't opened yet, where would the letter go/be submitted in the meantime? Or would they have to hold off on it until the next cycle opens? When is a good time to ask for LORs? Thanks!
OT_2019
Full Member
If I ask a professor/OT for a LOR now when the next OTCAS cycle hasn't opened yet, where would the letter go/be submitted in the meantime? Or would they have to hold off on it until the next cycle opens? When is a good time to ask for LORs? Thanks!
I would recommend that you talk about it to them so they might have an idea and have something ready but they can’t upload anything until the next cycle opens. OTCAS usually sends an email t them that has a link where they have multiple questions.
AspiringOT201908
New Member
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?I applied to both. I’m still missing GRE for touro but got accepted to Pace. I had an interview in the campus and I loved it.
OT_2019
Full Member
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Sure.
Gpa
Associate degree 3.5
Bachelor 3.2
Prerequisite 3.3
Volunteering 100+ hand therapy, PT, sensory gym.
MDA volunteer (over 2years)
(Team leader in different fundraising events)
Full time OT PT assistant (1.5years)
Independent research in psychology
And other extra curricular that I made sure to put it there 🙂.
pediatric_ot
New Member
When did you apply/hear back from/interview at Pace? They told me a couple weeks ago they were still actively interviewing but I submitted my application a while ago and never got called for an interview. Have you heard anything from Touro yet?I applied to both. I’m still missing GRE for touro but got accepted to Pace. I had an interview in the campus and I loved it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OT_2019
Full Member
When did you apply/hear back from/interview at Pace? They told me a couple weeks ago they were still actively interviewing but I submitted my application a while ago and never got called for an interview. Have you heard anything from Touro yet?
I was called for an interview a week after I applied. I applied like 2 months before the deadline. Got accepted end of May.
I loved the interview. It was an individual interview.
I know they offer on campus interview or video-conferencing interview if you can’t make it in person. I went in person since I wanted to see the campus too.
You can always reach out to them.
From touro I heard back saying that I need my GRE so they can forward it to the admissions but since I accepted Pace I won’t be taking the GRE.
I applied to both. I’m still missing GRE for touro but got accepted to Pace. I had an interview in the campus and I loved it.
I actually did my undergrad at Pace and and now going back for my MSOT
OT_2019
Full Member
I actually did my undergrad at Pace and and now going back for my MSOT
Yayyyy!!! I’ll see you there then [emoji7]
Undergrad: Manhattan College
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.58
Prereq GPA: ~3.65
Observation: 200 hours total: pediatric private practice, elementary school, nursing home with geriatrics and also patients from the hospital.
Other volunteer/community/leadership service: Group Leader for children's Vacation Bible Camp for 3 yrs, vice president for women in STEM, Volunteer for Michael's Cause for children with Muscular Dystrophy since 2015, member of Operation Smile to raise money for child cleft palate surgeries, participate in Safe Halloween for kids every year with psych club on campus, Psychology research assistant.
Schools I'm Applying to: NYU, SUNY Downstate, Touro, Seton Hall, Stockton, Hofstra, Gwynedd Mercy, Springfield, Bay Path, Wesley
Interviews: Gwynedd Mercy(declined), Springfield(declined)
Acceptances: Bay Path!
Waitlisted: NYU
Denials: Hofstra, Stockton
Good luck to everyone, feedback is appreciated!
Hi I was wondering if you had an interview for Touro! I
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 321
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K