General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS 2018 - 2019 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatorvot

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! As the new OTCAS cycle opens soon, I thought it'd be cool to share stats, keep up with each other's admissions process and give each other advice.

Major: Health Science
Overall GPA: 3.68 - graduate May 2019
Pre-Req GPA: 3.70 - still missing a couple
GRE: taking it in August

Extra-Curriculars: Mentor in a mentorship program for underclassmen, salsa, self-defense class, BLS certified, SOTA, work study

Volunteer: 229 hours mainly in pediatrics, hand therapy, and some in geriatrics and cognitive therapy

Letters of Rec: 4 OTs and 1 COTA

Schools: I am thinking of applying to St. Augustine, Nova, FGCU, FIU, maybe UF.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey! Thanks for starting this! I can't believe its almost time to start applying! Good luck to you all! Here are my stats.

University: University of Georgia
Major: Human Development and Family Science; Certificate: Disability Studies
Graduating December 2018
Overall GPA undergrad: 3.78 (with +/- scale, not yet complete)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.66 (one in progress)
GRE: 153Q, 159Q, 4.0AW
Applying to: Georgia State, Augusta, Brenau, MUSC, Lenoir-Rhyne, TSU, St. Augustine

OT Exp: 120 hours pediatric clinic, 48 hours hand therapy, 4 hours work conditioning, 20 hours SNF

Related Exp: 3 summers working at camp for teens with disabilities (1 year as counselor, 1 year as lead counselor, and one as supervisor), 20 hours volunteer at hippo-therapy with SLP, 80 hours of interning and volunteering at a neurodevelopmental private school, 10+ hours observing pediatric PT, Speech, & ABA

Extracurricular: sorority exec, honors society exec, OT club member, working throughout school

UPDATE:
Applied: Augusta Uni, Brenau, Tennessee State Uni, and GA State
Interviews: Augusta Uni and Brenau

Last edited:
Super glad to have found this thread, let me know if you guys have any suggestions on what might help my chances or any feedback at all!

Major: Kinesiology
Minor: Psychology and Business
Cumulative GPA: 3.44
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6 or 3.75 (depending on what the school requires for pre req's)
Last 60 hours: 3.735

I have 145 hours in 6 different settings. (pediatric, brain trauma rehab, hand therapy, acute care, inpatient rehab, skilled nursing facility).

My GRE scores are 157 on verbal, 156 on quantitative, and a 4.0 on analytical writing.

Besides my hours under an OT, I also work as an undergraduate research assistant and have done several research projects with previous professors. I have presented the research at the Association for Applied Sports Psychology Southwest Conference.
I'm also an ambassador and event coordinator for the Kinesiology Department at my university.
I was a college cheerleader for the first 2 years of college and spent a lot of time doing events for that.
I volunteered with my church at least once a week and went on a mission trip with them last year.

I don't know if any of these things will help my chances of being accepted but I just thought I would include them and I'd love to know if you all think they would.

Schools applying to: UTMB, Texas Tech, TWU, Colorado State, Eastern Washington, UTHSCSA

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can we request transcripts before the cycle opens?

Hi! I will be applying to the majority of Texas programs including: UTMB, TWU, TTech, ACU, and UTEP!
I received my undergrad degree from the University of Houston: BS in Psychology, Minor in Medicine and Society.
I haven't received my official OTCAS gpa, but it should be around 3.7 cumulative, and 3.6-4.0 prerequisite gpa depending on the program! (Not sure about the last 60hr gpa).
GRE: 150Q, 150V, 4.0 AW
I currently have 30hours post-acute inpatient brain rehabilitation observation, and 30 hours in pediatric home health. This number is a little low, wondering if I should try to get more before applying?
I volunteer for an equestrian therapy organization, and work part time with recreation therapists at a recreation center for people with disabilities!
I've worked as a research assistant under a clinical psychology graduate student, and I am also a certified lifeguard (along with BLS/First Aid)!
I will be receiving LORs from: 2 Rec Therapists, 1 OT, 1 COTA, and 1 from my A&P Professor
This will be my first time applying, so I'm super nervous and anxious about the whole process...I graduated about a year early from undergrad (Summer 2017) and have spent the last year gaining hours, experience, and working so I hope the extra time will pay off!

Good luck to others who are applying :)

Super glad to have found this thread, let me know if you guys have any suggestions on what might help my chances or any feedback at all!

I have 145 hours in 6 different settings. (pediatric, brain trauma rehab, hand therapy, acute care, inpatient rehab, skilled nursing facility).

My GRE scores are 157 on verbal, 156 on quantitative, and a 4.0 on analytical writing.

Besides my hours under an OT, I also work as an undergraduate research assistant and have done several research projects with previous professors. I have presented the research at the Association for Applied Sports Psychology Southwest Conference.
I'm also an ambassador and event coordinator for the Kinesiology Department at my university.
I was a college cheerleader for the first 2 years of college and spent a lot of time doing events for that.
I volunteered with my church at least once a week and went on a mission trip with them last year.

I don't know if any of these things will help my chances of being accepted but I just thought I would include them and I'd love to know if you all think they would.

Schools applying to: UTMB, Texas Tech, TWU, Colorado State, Eastern Washington, UTHSCSA

Hey! I think your stats are pretty great. You seem very well-rounded with your good GPA, good GRE, a variety of experiences with OT settings, and your extracurriculars. I would only say try to get your cumulative GPA up to at least a 3.5 since you're pretty close to it anyway and GPA really does matter with the admissions process. Overall i think you're pretty solid, just keep it up!

Can we request transcripts before the cycle opens?
Hey, not 100% sure but I think you are able to request transcripts but I think it is easier to just wait for OTCAS since it opens next week and it seems to be more organized if you do it through them.

Undergrad: Texas State University
Major: Exercise Sports Science
Overall GPA: 3.46
GRE: 149V 147Q (Will more than likely retake)

Volunteer: Observation hours mainly in pediatrics, acute care, hand therapy, and geriatrics.

Letters of Rec: 1 Professor, 2-3 OT(s), 1 Employer

Schools: TWU, UTHSCSA, TECH, and some out of state (undecided).

*** This will be my second time applying***

Hi, wow all of you are so impressive! I'm really nervous about applying but fingers crossed!
If anyone has feedback or suggestions about my chances, I would love to hear it

University: Boston University, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
Major: Behavior and Health
Minor: Special Education
Overall GPA: 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: not sure yet, in progress with a couple
GRE: Verbal: 165, Quant: 151, Writing: 4.0

My letters of recommendation will come from 1 professor/advisor, 1 OT I observed/assisted, and 1 employer (from when I worked as a classroom assistant)

Experience:
80 hours geriatric OT observation
7 hours assisting and observing OT at a special education school (pediatric) in London (as part of a larger internship I did at the school working in a classroom primarily)
I've worked for the past two years (nearly 400 total hours) as a rehabilitation aide in various clinics where they do hand OT and PT (and in a couple of offices with PT only), helping patients through their exercise programs as well as cleaning equipment, answering office phones, and preparing hot packs and ice packs as needed

I've also worked as a classroom assistant and as a camp counselor, and have volunteered at a support group for parents of children with disabilities. I'm a peer mentor for new transfers into my program at BU.

I'm thinking of applying to Boston University (since I go here already), Temple, Tufts, USC, MGH, and University of Wisconsin-Madison.
I'm not sure how realistic my chances at any of these places are, but hoping for the best!

What was your experience like applying the first time? Did you reach out to the programs in regards to what would strengthen applications?

I'm currently looking into many programs to apply to since I took a "gap year" between graduating and applying!

Undergrad: Texas State University
Major: Exercise Sports Science
Overall GPA: 3.46
GRE: 149V 147Q (Will more than likely retake)

Volunteer: Observation hours mainly in pediatrics, acute care, hand therapy, and geriatrics.

Letters of Rec: 1 Professor, 2-3 OT(s), 1 Employer

Schools: TWU, UTHSCSA, TECH, and some out of state (undecided).

*** This will be my second time applying***

Major: Psychology Minor: Religion
Overall GPA: 3.98 - graduating December 2018
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 154Q 165V 4.0AW
Extra-Curriculars: Research Assistant (stroke rehabilitation lab - I have presented my research at 3 neuroscience conferences), Teaching Assistant (A&P and social psychology), Co-president of OT club at my school, Best Buddies, ASD social group, ASL Club, Wind Ensemble, Pep Band, Sorority, Psi Chi, Phi Kappa Phi. I also work at a resident hall desk and a local candy store.

Observation: ~200 pediatric outpatient clinic (internship), 8 subacute inpatient geriatrics, 10 therapeutic day school for kids with ASD, 8 outpatient ASD clinic. I also have some PT hours. I would like to get some observation hours with a hand therapist or at a hospital but I'm having trouble getting any.
Volunteer: ~275 pediatric outpatient clinic (internship), 20 therapeutic day school for kids with ASD

LOR: Professor I do research under, A & P professor I TA for, internship supervisor (OT), OT advisor at my school (Professor), another OT from my internship

Schools: I am thinking of applying to Washington University in St. Louis, UIC, Colorado State, Tufts, St. Catherine, Rush, Indiana Wesleyan, and MGH Institute
I'm really nervous about applying. Given my stats- are any of the schools I am applying to reasonable? I'm also a bit concerned that my AW score on the GRE is a bit low - should I retake it? I would love some advice! Thank you!

Good luck to everyone else applying :)

Hey, your stats look pretty good. I don't think you should retake the GRE just over the AW because a lot of schools don't even look into the AW. If you're not feeling too safe with the schools you picked to apply, it wouldn't hurt to apply to a 'safe' school. good luck!

Hello, is anyone applying to Abilene Christian University MSOT program?

Just logged in for the new cycle and none of my information from the previous cycle carried over or even gave me the option to fill or copy over. Beginning to understand why so many people hate OTCAS, anybody else have this issue?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just logged in for the new cycle and none of my information from the previous cycle carried over or even gave me the option to fill or copy over. Beginning to understand why so many people hate OTCAS, anybody else have this issue?
Sorry it’s giving you trouble :( it let me copy over my application from before as soon as I logged in. Id try contacting them to see if they can help you because it’s definitely a pain to re do! Haha

Sorry it’s giving you trouble :( it let me copy over my application from before as soon as I logged in. Id try contacting them to see if they can help you because it’s definitely a pain to re do! Haha

I did and they claimed I hit restart new or something which I didn’t and now I have to resend them transcripts which I refuse. So frustrating.

Last edited:
Wow you all are awesome! My stats on paper aren’t quite as impressive (forever regretting not taking college seriously my first semester, lol) but I’m hopeful my experience will help me. This is my second year applying.

College: University of Central Florida
Major: Exercise Science and Human Performance
Last 60 GPA: 3.7
Overall: 3.18
Pre-req GPA: 3.6
GRE: 4.0 AW, and somewhere in the 140’s for both other sections. Can’t remember exactly. Standardized tests aren’t my thing :(
Experience:
1) 100+ observation hours under a few different OT disciplines including pediatric, general outpatient, hand therapy, and lymphedema care in OT.
2) 6 month internship working for a special school for students with neurological disorders such as autism and cerebral palsy. I spent my days there helping them practice their everyday functions such as sitting, standing, independently toileting and eating.
3) currently working for Florida Hospital as an exercise physiologist! :) The population I work with is mostly neuro based, but I see ortho as well. I work as an extension of the PT/OT’s continuing patient therapy when they get discharged due to insurance reasons or plateau. I also assist the PT/OT’s with modalities such as E-Stem and Ultrasound. 3 days a week I teach aquatic therapy classes through Florida Hospital as well, where I mostly work with patients with arthritis or post CVA.

I haven’t fully decided everywhere I want to apply yet, but I know for sure I will be trying Nova Southeasten and Shenandoah University (I got wait listed this past round, maybe second times a charm!). Any recommendations on which schools to focus on based on my experience I’d appreciate! My husband and I are very willing to move out of Florida.

I'll be applying there!
Great! Did you contact admissions? Do you know if aside from the OTCAS application you need to submit (mail) everything to the admissions office?

how do you make an account on OTCAS? can someone post the link i just keep getting brought to the instruction page

Major: Psychology Minor: Religion
Overall GPA: 3.98 - graduating December 2018
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 154Q 165V 4.0AW
Extra-Curriculars: Research Assistant (stroke rehabilitation lab - I have presented my research at 3 neuroscience conferences), Teaching Assistant (A&P and social psychology), Co-president of OT club at my school, Best Buddies, ASD social group, ASL Club, Wind Ensemble, Pep Band, Sorority, Psi Chi, Phi Kappa Phi. I also work at a resident hall desk and a local candy store.

Observation: ~200 pediatric outpatient clinic (internship), 8 subacute inpatient geriatrics, 10 therapeutic day school for kids with ASD, 8 outpatient ASD clinic. I also have some PT hours. I would like to get some observation hours with a hand therapist or at a hospital but I'm having trouble getting any.
Volunteer: ~275 pediatric outpatient clinic (internship), 20 therapeutic day school for kids with ASD

LOR: Professor I do research under, A & P professor I TA for, internship supervisor (OT), OT advisor at my school (Professor), another OT from my internship

Schools: I am thinking of applying to Washington University in St. Louis, UIC, Colorado State, Tufts, St. Catherine, Rush, Indiana Wesleyan, and MGH Institute
I'm really nervous about applying. Given my stats- are any of the schools I am applying to reasonable? I'm also a bit concerned that my AW score on the GRE is a bit low - should I retake it? I would love some advice! Thank you!

Good luck to everyone else applying :)

Your stats are great. I can only speak to Colorado State because that's the only place I applied and was accepted, but everything looks great. Assuming you have all of your prereqs complete, I would focus on a great response to the CSU-specific essay. I get the impression that my essay had a lot to do with getting accepted, and I focused on making an honest assessment of my knowledge and skills associated with the topic and acknowledging my weaknesses and areas where I could improve. So far, I love it here (3 days in).

Since only 20% of Colorado State's admissions process is subjective (CSU-specific essay), GPA, GRE, and having all of the prereqs complete is critical. Based on last year's admissions stats, your GPAs and AW GRE are a little below average. If you want to improve something, I would focus on the GRE (especially AW), and write a great CSU-specific essay. I think the key on the essay is to consider the topic (not yet released for this cycle) and really analyze your skills and experiences related to the topic. Don't be afraid to be critical of yourself (balanced by some carefully-selected brags, of course), and discuss strategies to improve upon your weaknesses. Mostly, don't beat yourself up during the process. You're a great candidate, and if you don't get in somewhere, there's no point in letting it shake your confidence. You WILL get in somewhere great!

How do you submit your GRE scores? Does OTCAS have a code or just use the one provided by the specific program?

I am! But I can't seem to find the program through OTCAS? Are you having this issue as well?
Yes, I couldn't find it either. And when you go to their website it directs you to OTCAS. I'm guessing it opens later on, but I've already emailed graduate admissions.

Did you guys select more than 1 program when you started the application? Or are you supposed to do this one at a time?

Did you guys select more than 1 program when you started the application? Or are you supposed to do this one at a time?
I selected all of the programs I decided to apply to. You also have the option of adding more programs by clicking "Add Program" somewhere at the top.

Wow you all are awesome! My stats on paper aren’t quite as impressive (forever regretting not taking college seriously my first semester, lol) but I’m hopeful my experience will help me. This is my second year applying.

College: University of Central Florida
Major: Exercise Science and Human Performance
Last 60 GPA: 3.7
Overall: 3.18
Pre-req GPA: 3.6
GRE: 4.0 AW, and somewhere in the 140’s for both other sections. Can’t remember exactly. Standardized tests aren’t my thing :(
Experience:
1) 100+ observation hours under a few different OT disciplines including pediatric, general outpatient, hand therapy, and lymphedema care in OT.
2) 6 month internship working for a special school for students with neurological disorders such as autism and cerebral palsy. I spent my days there helping them practice their everyday functions such as sitting, standing, independently toileting and eating.
3) currently working for Florida Hospital as an exercise physiologist! :) The population I work with is mostly neuro based, but I see ortho as well. I work as an extension of the PT/OT’s continuing patient therapy when they get discharged due to insurance reasons or plateau. I also assist the PT/OT’s with modalities such as E-Stem and Ultrasound. 3 days a week I teach aquatic therapy classes through Florida Hospital as well, where I mostly work with patients with arthritis or post CVA.

I haven’t fully decided everywhere I want to apply yet, but I know for sure I will be trying Nova Southeasten and Shenandoah University (I got wait listed this past round, maybe second times a charm!). Any recommendations on which schools to focus on based on my experience I’d appreciate! My husband and I are very willing to move out of Florida.

Hey! Although your overall GPA isn't as high and GRE scores are okay, i really do think your experience as an exercise physiologist will help you out! Your experience looks so great and it seems like you've already got a lot of background information that will help you with OT school. I think you have a good chance with Nova, they aren't super strict with applicants. Good luck applying this second time around!

Hey! Although your overall GPA isn't as high and GRE scores are okay, i really do think your experience as an exercise physiologist will help you out! Your experience looks so great and it seems like you've already got a lot of background information that will help you with OT school. I think you have a good chance with Nova, they aren't super strict with applicants. Good luck applying this second time around!
Thank you so much! Good luck to you as well! :) maybe we’ll see each other around Nova, haha

Hello Everyone! I'll be putting my stats soon. After creeping on this forum for months, I have started my application process. This will be my first year and I will be applying to most of the Texas schools! I started on OTCAS but am am confused as far as the application. The information that I have added so far is on the applications for the schools, but as I continue to add ore will it update onto those applications?

Hello everyone! Does anyone have the option of uploading a catalog course description for a specific program in OTCAS? Does anyone know what these are or what courses we are supposed to provide them for? TIA.

Hello everyone! Does anyone have the option of uploading a catalog course description for a specific program in OTCAS? Does anyone know what these are or what courses we are supposed to provide them for? TIA.
Hey! Yes, I actually called a university about this today. Basically, if you took any courses such as psychology statistics or a course that might count for a prereq you upload the course description so the university knows what the course entailed and can decided if it counts toward a prereq. What university?

Hey! Yes, I actually called a university about this today. Basically, if you took any courses such as psychology statistics or a course that might count for a prereq you upload the course description so the university knows what the course entailed and can decided if it counts toward a prereq. What university?
Thank you so much, so basically the course description from the syllabi for all of the prerequisite courses? Does it have to be all in a single document? And for Texas Woman's and UTEP!

Thank you so much, so basically the course description from the syllabi for all of the prerequisite courses? Does it have to be all in a single document? And for Texas Woman's and UTEP!
I was told a page works but its probably okay to do as many as you need to!

For the documents section, are you all putting anything for the observation hours? Thank you in advance!

So glad someone started this! All of you guys should do great in this application process!

Here are my stats:
School: Florida State University

overall GPA: 3.2
pre-req GPA: 3.4-3.7 depending on the school
last 60 GPA: 3.5

GRE: 157 V, 151 Q (have not received the writing score yet)

UPDATE: 4.5 writing score

Experience:
I have been working as a rehab tech at an adult rehab hospital for a year

I am also BLS CPR/AED certified

Volunteering/Observing:
I have logged 75 hours in a pediatric outpatient facility under an OT, 15 hours inpatient hospital-based adult therapy under an OT, 20 hours with the Alzheimers Project along side COTAs, nurse techs, and other health professionals, over 100 hours inpatient in pediatrics within ChildLife, and have worked in various other hospital areas.

Extracurricular:
I am involved in Dance Marathon, my sorority, Children's Miracle Network, pre-PT/OT club, Panhellenic Recruitment Counselor, Phi Eta Sigma Honors Society, Alpha Epsilon Delta medical honors society, and intramural sports. Within these organizations I've done other service events and raised money for different causes.

Work Experience:
In addition to working as a rehab tech I've worked in other areas. I've worked at a daycare, summer camp as a counselor, and country club as the front counter/food runner.

Applying to: Not sure yet but definitely FGCU, Nova, and FIU

My GPA is not what I want it to be due to freshman year but I'm hoping my experience and involvement helps my chances! Also does anyone know what is considered a good GRE score and how much schools look at scores? And do we need to send transcripts to each school separately or just OTCAS? Good luck to everyone on the application process, you all will do great!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

This is my second time applying, and I am getting everything together. Here are my stats:

Undergrad: UCM, BS in Human Biology
GPA - UCM: 3.2
GPA - Pre Req: about 3.5 depending on school
GRE: 149 Q 152 V 4.0 AWA

I did however do better on my writing the first time I took it, so I was wondering if any of you knew how schools combined scores? Do I just send them both and they choose the best of the three sections?

OT Hours: Total of about 1,000+.

Hand therapy: 110 just volunteering, then became a PT aide at the same facility and have been for about a year so those hours just keep adding up.
Peds outpatient: ~50

LORs:
Cognitive Science professor I did research with during undergrad
OT hand therapist
OT from peds facility(CSUDH alum)
PT

OTHER STUFF:
I have a publication from undergraduate research on complexity matching.
Helped as an Aide in special needs classrooms during high school (2 years)

Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.95 - graduate December 2018 (early)
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0, only missing sociology
GRE: 151 quant, 155 verbal, 4 analytical

Extra-Curriculars: Job on campus as a RA, student athlete, alpha chi, psi chi, psychology interest club

Volunteer: 500 hours total. Children's science center and other opportunities.

Observation: 245 total. 150 hours in an elementary school OT dept; 30 hours in a retirement home, 65 hours pediatric outpatient

Letters of Rec: A&P prof, CFO of company I work for over summers, 1 COTA (retirement home), 1 OT (pediatric outpatient), AP Psych teacher from HS

Schools: Salus, Alvernia, Ithica, Midwestern U (IL), Kansas University, Maryville, Towson

For the documents section, are you all putting anything for the observation hours? Thank you in advance!

I have no idea what I should do for that! For the schools with a specific form, I am uploading to their school specific section. I don't know what I would even upload for the general OTCAS observation hours under documents since there's no general form or anything.

Hi everyone!

This is my second time applying, and I am getting everything together. Here are my stats:

Undergrad: UCM, BS in Human Biology
GPA - UCM: 3.2
GPA - Pre Req: about 3.5 depending on school
GRE: 149 Q 152 V 4.0 AWA

I did however do better on my writing the first time I took it, so I was wondering if any of you knew how schools combined scores? Do I just send them both and they choose the best of the three sections?

OT Hours: Total of about 1,000+..
Hand therapy: 110 just volunteering, then became a PT aide at the same facility and have been for about a year so those hours just keep adding up.
Peds outpatient: ~50

1. In the top right corner of the webpage, select ‘Play!’
LORs:.
Cognitive Science professor I did research with during undergrad
OT hand therapist
OT from peds facility(CSUDH alum)
PT

OTHER STUFF:.
I have a publication from undergraduate research on complexity matching.
Helped as an Aide in special needs classrooms during high school (2 years)
Looks great! What would you say you did to improve your chances fir this round?

Looks great! What would you say you did to improve your chances fir this round? ........
I worked really hard on improving my GRE score, for the verbal section especially, and I also took advantage of the extra year to retake some courses and to volunteer at a different setting!

University:Temple University
Major: Therapeutic Recreation
Overall GPA: 3.40
Pre-Req GPA: 3.51 (depending)
GRE: In Progress

Extra-Curric:
The Pre-OT Association
The National Society of Leadership and Success

Volunteer:
Intern @ Special People in the Northeast
Fox Chase Cancer Center
Genesis Health Care Facility
Blossom Philadelphia
Acting Without Boundaries
Magee Rehabilitation Rugby Tournament

Shadowing:
8 hours @ The Hospital of University of Penn (Inpatient)
10 hours @ Jeff fit (Outpatient)
37 hours @ The Rothman Institute (Outpatient)
20 hours @ Saint Mary’s Rehab Hospital (Inpatient) - Employed here
100 + hours @ Einstein Medical Center (Inpatient) - Employed here

Employment:
Rehab Tech @ Einstein Medical Center
Rehab Tech @ Saint Mary’s Rehabilitation Hospital
Mobility Aide @ Temple University Hospital

Certifications:
BLS Provider through the AHA
HIPAA Compliance Certified

I am still waiting for my letters of rec and have not taken the GRE yet... What do you guys think about my current stats? I'm becoming extremely nervous just like many others!

Applying to: Salus University, Thomas Jefferson University (both campuses), Shenandoah University, Wesley College, and Stonybrook University

University: Muhlenberg College
Major: Neuroscience, minor in music
Graduating May 2019
Overall undergrad GPA: 3.73 (2 semesters left)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.86-3.94, depending on program (Still have to take A+P I and II)

Letters of Rec: OT, research mentor/professor, music ensemble director/professor

Applying to: Columbia, NYIT, Stockton, Seton Hall, Alvernia, NYU

OT Exp: 130 hours total - 71 pediatric outpatient, 32 school, 27 inpatient adult

Related Exp:
2 years volunteering at a nonprofit organization summer camps for young adults with Down Syndrome
1 year as a campus ambassador for the same organization
2 years secretary and fundraising coordinator for campus Best Buddies chapter
3 years member of Best Buddies
2 years peer tutor on campus
1 year note taker for Office of Disability services on campus
Research lab manager, research publication with professors, research presentations
BLS certified through AHA

Extra: 3 years working on campus alumni association, worked at Wawa for 1 year, various music ensembles

What was your experience like applying the first time? Did you reach out to the programs in regards to what would strengthen applications?

I'm currently looking into many programs to apply to since I took a "gap year" between graduating and applying!

Yes, I reached out to programs that I applied too! I kind of got glazed over with a generic answers (sometimes not even answered by the department themselves, but from the admissions office). I was disappointed at how some universities handled my inquiry. But I would let that factor in too much, just try to keep getting better statistics every time.

University: Muhlenberg College
Major: Neuroscience, minor in music
Graduating May 2019
Overall undergrad GPA: 3.73 (2 semesters left)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.86-3.94, depending on program (Still have to take A+P I and II)

Letters of Rec: OT, research mentor/professor, music ensemble director/professor

Applying to: Columbia, NYIT, Stockton, Seton Hall, Alvernia, NYU

OT Exp: 130 hours total - 71 pediatric outpatient, 32 school, 27 inpatient adult

Related Exp:
2 years volunteering at a nonprofit organization summer camps for young adults with Down Syndrome
1 year as a campus ambassador for the same organization
2 years secretary and fundraising coordinator for campus Best Buddies chapter
3 years member of Best Buddies
2 years peer tutor on campus
1 year note taker for Office of Disability services on campus
Research lab manager, research publication with professors, research presentations
BLS certified through AHA

Extra: 3 years working on campus alumni association, worked at Wawa for 1 year, various music ensembles

I don't know about any of the other schools, but I know that Alvernia really values community service so I would highlight your volunteering. They actually require volunteering as part of their undergraduate programs and have lots of resources focused on service. It also looks like your letters of rec are from people who really know you well, which is great!

I have no idea what I should do for that! For the schools with a specific form, I am uploading to their school specific section. I don't know what I would even upload for the general OTCAS observation hours under documents since there's no general form or anything.
I am uploading a signed copy of my Time Logs for all of the facilities I volunteered at as advised by my friend who applied on the last cycle and is currently an OT student.

Is everyone thoroughly filling out the Experiences tab on OTCAS? Will the schools I am applying to (SJSU is my #1) ever see what I put there or am I wasting my time inputting all my experiences? The requirement to submit "Application/Personal Statement to OTCAS" is vague to me. What does SJSU consider the "application" portion to be?

Yes, I couldn't find it either. And when you go to their website it directs you to OTCAS. I'm guessing it opens later on, but I've already emailed graduate admissions.

Any updates regarding ACU and their absence on OTCAS?