out-of-pocket?

Started by Oli
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Oli

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know if there are any opportunities for non-insurance reimbursement (as in cosmetic plastic surgery and some dermatology, also Lasix) in the field of Anesthesia? Would be a great way in the future to avoid the worry about constant Medicare cuts, HMO's, etc..if we had certain "optional" procedures which are out of pocket. I do not want to have the government and private insurers completely control what I deserve to make throughout my entire career. Specifically, I have heard that some procedures in pain management are not covered by insurance (perhaps that's a main reason why this field is somewhat lucrative?) Any thoughts...?
 
You can certainly run a cash business in pain.... but I think you would have to practice in a very affluent area, and this might be a hard thing to break into.