P1 hicp students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
QPharmD said:
I am a Pharmacy Director in Honolulu (I even participated in your "white coat ceremony") & have been browsing this board silently for weeks, but I must step forward now:

I personally know a couple of the PharmD's who were let go, and I can tell you that they were emotionally gutted by the abuse by their higher-ups. I know that they would have left sooner, but ONLY FOR THE SAKE OF THE STUDENTS did they REMAIN to try to salvage your tuition and the school. In the end, the mountain ended up too steep to climb and the personal & emotional cost was too devastating. Most of them were unable to obtain jobs in the state & ended up packing up & leaving.

In your pain & frustration, please do not paint the PharmD's with the same brush that you wash over Monroe & Criswell.

I am really sorry that you all have gone through this, and hope that the DCCA suit can do something to redress your pain.

Good luck,

QPharmD
QPharmD, I agree with you about why the former PharmD's ended up staying. I got the chance to work very closely with them on several occasions. They are very ethical and professional people and had students on their minds. They were not going to allow PES to be unethical. As you can see they have lost that battle. I myself tried to help them to make HICP a respected educational institution.

However, since they are no longer with the college, it may be a good time for them to help students now. The former pharmD's may know more about the inner workings of the school. There were several closed doors meeting where I was not a part of but know existed. The school had several “emergency” meetings called by Hasan or Monroe. They can and should validate many of the occurrences that transpired at HICP or contribute to the pool of evidence at the DCCA. My concern for them is if they were forced to sign confidentiality agreements by Monroe/PES. Perhaps their employment contracts prohibit them from speaking once terminated or served with legal threats like "cease and desist" letters.

Monroe, Banks, Hasan, Criswell are the ones most at fault. They know of the unethical conduct, contribute, and CHOOSE TO CONTINUE to be part of HICP/PES. Therefore, it is only logical for that they should be held most responsible and NOT the former PhamD’s. Whatever the situation maybe in the past and why the former PharmD’s did or did not help students, they can be helpful in resolving this situation, now more than ever. I hope they will contact the DCCA or vice versa to help students resolve this issue.

QPhamD, if you were at the white coat ceremony, do you recall seeing an empty table reserved for Dr. Rosenberg?

Members don't see this ad.

MarlboroMan said:

Sure I can help add to this article. Dr. Dr. Dr. Dr. Orrs is Rawson's friend who introduced Rawson to Monroe and Criswell. Orrs happens to be a dentist in NV and that’s where he most likely met Monroe and Criswell. http://www.orrs.org

It also concerns me that a man who is supposed to be in charge of billions of dollars is willing to continue to work with PES regardless of the outcome. If he wants to build his own dental school then he can try. But if you know that the people involved are "dirty", then why would an ethical right minded person want to continue to do business with people like that?

"Reached at his Las Vegas home late Wednesday, Rawson said he was unaware of the legal issues, but he said the troubles shouldn't affect the launch of the dental college. Barring "evidence or convictions," he said, he wouldn't sever his relationship with the company."

Concerning funding since the state has an injunction. My guess is the private investors for the dental school may be nonexistent or little to none. The mysterious private investors are the exact same thing Monroe and Criswell had told student when they asked who was financing the pharmacy school.

"Rawson said he continues to plan a 2006 opening for the college. He wouldn't comment on how the school would be financed, except to say that he is raising money from private investors."

Monroe told me, "oh we have private investors with lots of money to support us". My guess is the "private investors" for the proposed dental school is the pharmacy students and their tuition. I hope Monroe didn't use pharmacy student funds to pay Rawson? hmm.....

ucrsandstorm said:
QPharmD, I agree with you about why the former PharmD's ended up staying. I got the chance to work very closely with them on several occasions. They are very ethical and professional people and had students on their minds. They were not going to allow PES to be unethical. As you can see they have lost that battle. I myself tried to help them to make HICP a respected educational institution.

However, since they are no longer with the college, it may be a good time for them to help students now. The former pharmD's may know more about the inner workings of the school. There were several closed doors meeting where I was not a part of but know existed. The school had several “emergency” meetings called by Hasan or Monroe. They can and should validate many of the occurrences that transpired at HICP or contribute to the pool of evidence at the DCCA. My concern for them is if they were forced to sign confidentiality agreements by Monroe/PES. Perhaps their employment contracts prohibit them from speaking once terminated or served with legal threats like "cease and desist" letters.

Monroe, Banks, Hasan, Criswell are the ones most at fault. They know of the unethical conduct, contribute, and CHOOSE TO CONTINUE to be part of HICP/PES. Therefore, it is only logical for that they should be held most responsible and NOT the former PhamD’s. Whatever the situation maybe in the past and why the former PharmD’s did or did not help students, they can be helpful in resolving this situation, now more than ever. I hope they will contact the DCCA or vice versa to help students resolve this issue.

QPhamD, if you were at the white coat ceremony, do you recall seeing an empty table reserved for Dr. Rosenberg?

I agree with this post 100%.

Dr. P, Dr. M, Dr. B (male), Dr. B (female) and all past/present employees who were misguided/misled or treated "unethically", please file an official complaint by Monday morning or before Aug. 10th court date. Please, call each other up, gather the facts you know, and let the DCCA know how "unethical" and "dictator-like" the "higher ends"/founders/Hasan were. Let them know what you know. It will only help everyone out if you really want to help . . . there is a "pattern" of deception that has been found and it is coming all out in the open now. Eventually, the court will decide the truth and will question all parties involved no matter what the capacity.

Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt professors would be able to file any sort of complaint.

Probably signed a gag order with a lump sum... otherwise they wouldn't have left so easily.

It's what the MGM corp did in vegas.

ucrsandstorm said:
QPharmD, I agree with you about why the former PharmD's ended up staying. ... They are very ethical and professional people and had students on their minds.

... (1)Perhaps their employment contracts prohibit them from speaking once terminated or served with legal threats like "cease and desist" letters.

...(2) do you recall seeing an empty table reserved for Dr. Rosenberg?

UCRSandstorm:
(1) You hit the nail exactly on the head
(2) No, I don't recall that, but the room for the ceremony was huge, and folks were milling about for a while.

This is a mesg sent out by Dao..
"If you are still in Hawaii, please come and support our school.

Here is the DATE TIME AND LOCATION of the court hearing for perm injunction

August 10, 2005 Wednesday
10:00 am
1st Circuit Court
777 Punchbowl St.
3rd or 4th floor

Purpose: Come to show support HICP but do not talk to
the media press

thanks again, "

WHEN WILL THIS GUY EVER COME OUT OF HIS LITTLE SHELL, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE REALITY? HASAN DID A GOOD JOB IN BRAINWASHING THESE STUDENTS. HOW SAD!!!!!!!

I guess Dao really wants Monroe to get another Cadillac SUV.

might slow them down in creating their backup plot to flee to mexico

Caverject said:
Why can't they talk to the press?

If people like Dao is confident that their school is legit and can backup up some good explaination for what's going on, there is no need to hide from the press/media. The only reason I see is desperation.

Wow, I didn't get the memo. They must have removed me from the emailing list. Anyways, I'll be there....try to get the real story and report back. I'll try to take some pictures of the event. =) Any other Non-Believer going to be there with me?

DoTheRightThing said:
Wow, I didn't get the memo. They must have removed me from the emailing list. Anyways, I'll be there....try to get the real story and report back. I'll try to take some pictures of the event. =) Any other Non-Believer going to be there with me?

how would u separate: believer from non-believer??

Members don't see this ad :)
gutenbier said:
how would u separate: believer from non-believer??

I think he meant how can you distinguish between a believer vs a non-believer at the rally? Will the believers be wearing HICP tee shirts at the courthouse, and the non-believers be wearing the "Where's my $28K?" tee shirt?

newbiedoc said:
I think he meant how can you distinguish between a believer vs a non-believer at the rally? Will the believers be wearing HICP tee shirts at the courthouse, and the non-believers be wearing the "Where's my $28K?" tee shirt?

Come on. We have to be realistic. Do you think hicp students are really going to purcahase and wear those kind of t-shirts? I highly doubt it. Although it would be interesting if students did purchase t-shirts with some short of rally logo on it. Personally, I want to find out the court's decision with the school. Dr. Hasan was saying that he was looking forward to this day. We shall see.

Well, for me, I will stay anonymous while I'm there. The reason, most of the non-believers have left, leaving only believers here in Hawaii. I know those people aren't "reasonable and logical" people...so I have some "fear" for my life, future, and property.

Hasan is all talk! What kind of person says "I'm looking forward to our day in court"?!?!? It's like I'm taking it on, head strong! Like I also said, the lawsuit is against Monroe, Criswell, and HICP...it really has nothing to do with Hasan. So why is he taking such an "defensive" position in this "situation"?

Wear a shirt with "Got Escalade?" in the front and , "David Monroe, AKA David Yacas has one" in back.

The thing I fear might happen is...that Believer will get interviewed by the media...and on the 6 o' clock news... "Pharmacy Students oppose state's decision to shut down school"

If you don't mind me asking Gutenbier, what are your opinions about the HICP and the current situation?

DoTheRightThing said:
The thing I fear might happen is...that Believer will get interviewed by the media...and on the 6 o' clock news... "Pharmacy Students oppose state's decision to shut down school"

Don't worry too much about that. If the Believers' verbal communication is anything like their written communication, the television audience won't be able to figure out what the hell they're saying anyways.

pharmaz88 said:
Don't worry too much about that. If the Believers' verbal communication is anything like their written communication, the television audience won't be able to figure out what the hell they're saying anyways.
Exactly. I HOPE they interview some illiterate fob who actually believes in this scam. It will be a laugh a second, I just hope it gets on the internet so we can all watch =)

Also, Dotherightthing, Hasan is being all defensive because its his school now, even though he isnt named in the lawsuit, he is still one of the "principles" which the lawsuit says cannot transfer property, sell things, etc. Also, his whole financial future is on the line, if he cant milk that school anymore, all he is looking at is that 30K a year teaching bangers in high school. I hope every high school on Oahu is paying attention to this thing and make sure not to hire such a corrupt piece of garbage... Imagine that, you go from special ed teacher of gang bangers, to dean of a pharmacy school, to completely unemployed and cannot get a teaching position, that would be wonderful.

I hope Hasan is not putting believers up to anything.

In my opinion, Hasan does have to be concerned because he is the current dean and has contributed to the deception. He would always tell students false things to give them hope but in reality they were just empty promises. As everyone can see Hasan is willing to "bend" the truth so much that he forgets what he says or at least plays it off that way.

Hasan communicated with Monroe frequently by phone when Monroe was away from the college. I can only suspect that he recieved orders from his commander and talked about ways to keep uncooperative student in line. In fact, I remeber, shortly before I left, Auggie came down to video tape students asking questions. Hasan was angered at anyone who asked a question concerning HICP finances or funding, written documentation, and contacting APCE.

I hope the courts will see Hasan's role in the deception.

hawaii90210 said:
This is a mesg sent out by Dao..
"If you are still in Hawaii, please come and support our school.

Here is the DATE TIME AND LOCATION of the court hearing for perm injunction

August 10, 2005 Wednesday
10:00 am
1st Circuit Court
777 Punchbowl St.
3rd or 4th floor

Purpose: Come to show support HICP but do not talk to
the media press

thanks again, "

WHEN WILL THIS GUY EVER COME OUT OF HIS LITTLE SHELL, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE REALITY? HASAN DID A GOOD JOB IN BRAINWASHING THESE STUDENTS. HOW SAD!!!!!!!

777 Punchbowl st. :laugh:

You didn't do your HTML correctly. Here's your link with the proper HTML command:

<A HREF="http://www.uhwo.hawaii.edu/alumni/detail.cfm?IdNo=89">http://www.uhwo.hawaii.edu/alumni/detail.cfm?IdNo=89</A>

http://www.uhwo.hawaii.edu/alumni/detail.cfm?IdNo=89

Kaukaknowsbest said:
Here is the elusive Mr./Dr. Monroe.

University of Hawaii records show that he attended Leeward Community College then graduated from the West Oahu campus of the University of Hawaii. B.A. in "Public Administration" with a "justice administration theme". This is confirmed to be "David Champion Monroe".

How did he qualify to be a "librarian"? Was he brought into his Nevada pharmacy school job by his girlfriend Criswell? And how is he "Doctor Monroe"?

Kaukaknowsbest said:
Here is the elusive Mr./Dr. Monroe.

University of Hawaii records show that he attended Leeward Community College then graduated from the West Oahu campus of the University of Hawaii. B.A. in "Public Administration" with a "justice administration theme". This is confirmed to be "David Champion Monroe".

How did he qualify to be a "librarian"? Was he brought into his Nevada pharmacy school job by his girlfriend Criswell? And how is he "Doctor Monroe"?

Prior to his employment at NVCP, Dave "the Champ" Monroe was a librarian for the Clark County Libraries. I don't know what made them consider him qualified to be a librarian, as he did not get his "distance learning-earned" masters degree in Library and Information Sciences until 2002. As mentioned earlier, he became "Doctor Dave Champion Monroe" by "earning" an Ed.D. in "organizational leadership" from a Nova Southeastern Univesity Las Vegas satellite campus through Dr. Nixon. I think he did his doctoral dissertation on how to "organize" HICP tuition money into his own checking account and real estate holdings. :rolleyes:

JohnHICP said:
Yeah, he either attended UI or did something there, he would always talk about the Illini.

He attended University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign "virtually"...that's the school that granted his distance learning masters in library and information science.

DoTheRightThing said:
If you don't mind me asking Gutenbier, what are your opinions about the HICP and the current situation?

Do the right thing, you asked for my opinion on this matter. Well, here it is. Do you remember in the begining of the year, when we, as pharmacy students at HICP were to become "Pioneers and Trailblazers?" Well, they got something correct. We are definitely "blazing" through the history books and "pioneering" in uncharted waters.

On a more serious note, when I look at the big picture and the scheme of things, I feel that it's basically a "lose-lose" situation for the students. If the injunction is lifted this Weds and the school is allowed to continue to operate, can the school really recover from this ordeal? The school has approximately 2 months to resubmit the ACPE application again. With the publicity the school is getting right now, I'm sure ACPE is not looking very favorably at our school's situation.

Even if the non-supporters of the school win and the courts decide to shut the school and make them pay restitution, can the school really make total restitution to the students? First and foremost, our opportunity to become pharmacists is lost. A whole year of studying pharmacy education is wasted. There are students who sold their homes and quit their jobs to come this school. On top of that, the emotional stress and anxiety that students had to endure this year, when all we should have been worrying about is studying. It's really a "tough-pill" to swallow. It really is.

Personally, I don't agree with what the school has done throughout year and have decided to file with the DCCA. However, I do respect my fellow classmates who believe in the school and wish them nothing but the best as they continue in their journey to become pharmacists.

gutenbier said:
Do the right thing, you asked for my opinion on this matter. Well, here it is. Do you remember in the begining of the year, when we, as pharmacy students at HICP were to become "Pioneers and Trailblazers?" Well, they got something correct. We are definitely "blazing" through the history books and "pioneering" in uncharted waters.

On a more serious note, when I look at the big picture and the scheme of things, I feel that it's basically a "lose-lose" situation for the students. If the injunction is lifted this Weds and the school is allowed to continue to operate, can the school really recover from this ordeal? The school has approximately 2 months to resubmit the ACPE application again. With the publicity the school is getting right now, I'm sure ACPE is not looking very favorably at our school's situation.

Even if the non-supporters of the school win and the courts decide to shut the school and make them pay restitution, can the school really make total restitution to the students? First and foremost, our opportunity to become pharmacists is lost. A whole year of studying pharmacy education is wasted. There are students who sold their homes and quit their jobs to come this school. On top of that, the emotional stress and anxiety that students had to endure this year, when all we should have been worrying about is studying. It's really a "tough-pill" to swallow. It really is.

Personally, I don't agree with what the school has done throughout year and have decided to file with the DCCA. However, I do respect my fellow classmates who believe in the school and wish them nothing but the best as they continue in their journey to become pharmacists.

So you're a HICP student? You said that you doubt students would wear HICP t-shirts at the courthouse, but I'm sure a lot of you guys bought those t-shirts and sweaters, if not for you, then for your family. Why would you respond to my earlier post and say that you doubt believers would wear those shirts?

newbiedoc said:
So you're a HICP student? You said that you doubt students would wear HICP t-shirts at the courthouse, but I'm sure a lot of you guys bought those t-shirts and sweaters, if not for you, then for your family. Why would you respond to my earlier post and say that you doubt believers would wear those shirts?
You ASSume too much. "im sure a lot of you guys bought those t-shirts." No. I have never even so much as heard of anyone purchasing those overpriced pieces of crap. No one was ever seen wearing one to school or otherwise. When that "merchandise" hit the market, I believe it was after we were all already embarrassed to be attending HICP.

He said he doubts believers would wear those shirts because the believers are shady, little, secretive, backstabbing people who dont draw attention to themselves.

At this point lets just be honest, The so called "believers" that are still supporting HICP are the ones that probably knew about this was a SCAM from the very beginning.Does anyone here believe that several students at HICP were not fully aware that something shady was going on from the very start and decided to go to HICP anyway just to see if it would work? These have to be the same ones remaining cheerleading for the corporation. On paper its not a bad risk vs reward at all. 100k total investment for 3 years = Pharmacist salary for 40 + years =Ding! i am going to Hawaii. I do not think I am being harsh at all and any student who is aware of the facts and still supports HICP does not have the proper judgement to be a Pharmacist IMO.

gutenbier said:
I feel that it's basically a "lose-lose" situation for the students.

I agree with you. There is no "win" for anyone, just for whoever benefited from our tuitition money. Since it's a "lose-lose" situation, it's now a question of "lose alittle" or "lose a lot". No one can disagree that "defering" is the safest choice to pick. There is no benefit in continuing on 2nd year, but there is A LOT of risk...another $28k, and another year of your life, factor in HICP past/current "performance" record. It's very unlikely that HICP will succeed. Like I said before, I didn't complain to the DCCA expecting to get my tuition money back, even the DCCA said "don't expect anything back, but at best we can only get your tuition back". I submitted my DCCA complaint because it was the "RIGHT" thing to do. I'm an idealist...You see something wrong with the picture...you try to fix it. There was/is a lot of stuff wrong with HICP; they recognized their problems, but they didnt' fix it. I don't want other students to "go through what we went through"...so I try stop the next problem (Dental School) before it starts, and the DCCA are the right people to help us.

With ONLY 2 dozen complaints, it doesn't really seem like the students/future pharmacists are recognizing what and how the school is being unethical and how they should act professionally. Just standing there and letting things unfold is like standing there doing nothing while your patient is dying.

What makes a Pharmacist? a Pharm D. degree? High GPA? Ethically and morally conscience? High Salary? Knowledgable of drugs? Person who works at a Pharmacy? I think most STUDENTS in our class don't see past the $$$$$$! I'm not going to lie, Pharamacist do make a lot of money, and that is one factor that got me into this field, but I'm an idealist...i believe in helping others, i believe in the greater good. I'm not going to sell my soul or sell out my classmates and believe in a corrupt, unethical, and unprofessional school jsut so I'm one step closer to a Pharm. D degree and so much closer to $$$$$

newbiedoc said:

Newbiedoc,

In no way, did I mean to deceive you that I was not an HICP student. I have been following a lot people's postings on SDN and recently felt compelled to write how I felt. I do apologize if you got the wrong impression. To clarify what John stated earlier, our school does not have a student center which sells HICP attire. So if you were to see a student wearing a t-shirt or sweater with an HICP logo on the 6:00 news on weds, either they made it themselves or went somewhere to custom make it (which might be kind of expensive). That's is why I stated, I doubted that believers would wear those t-shirts. From the begining of the school year, I haven't seen a single student wear anything with HICP on it. That's why I thought your original comment was kind of funny. Honestly, if some students showed up with HICP logo on weds, I would be kind of surprised and maybe a little impressed.

Gutenbier

Dotherighthing,

I hope you will be able to tell some of us who can't be in HI tomorrow how the proceeding went. I wouldn't want you to loose your anonymity over tackling someone with a "believe" HICP shirt.

If HICP is found to have violated the law, then the courts should send a message that type of conduct should not be acceptable.

If HICP is in the right and hasn't violated the law, then no one is saying that the school can't continue to operate.

The point is HICP must conduct itself in an ethical and fair manner. This aspect along with many others must be demonstrated. Today, HICP has failed to demonstrate this. Its that simple.

To HICP Students:

I saw a petition letter in support of HICP circulating, and just wanted to say that if you sign that letter, you may not be able to recover your money if the state of Hawaii is successful in suing HICP. That letter basically states that you were fully aware of HICP's situation and the school never deceived you.

If you sign that petition, you are admitting that you were never deceived and no wrong doing was ever done. Hence, you may not be eligible to receive your money back, even if the state is successful in its lawsuit.

Even if you still support the school, I would reword that letter if I were you. You can say you support the school, but don't relieve anyone from their guilt.

ucrsandstorm said:
If HICP is found to have violated the law, then the courts should send a message that type of conduct should not be acceptable.

If HICP is in the right and hasn't violated the law, then no one is saying that the school can't continue to operate.

I totally agree with you. I see things the way you do. It's a BASIC concept that you learn when your a child, it's called "CAUSE and EFFECT." Some students refuse to recognize this concept.

I will definately be there tommorow, and I will share all information from it.

ucrsandstorm said:
Dotherighthing,

I hope you will be able to tell some of us who can't be in HI tomorrow how the proceeding went. I wouldn't want you to loose your anonymity over tackling someone with a "believe" HICP shirt.

The point is HICP must conduct itself in an ethical and fair manner. This aspect along with many others must be demonstrated. Today, HICP has failed to demonstrate this. Its that simple.

Ucrsandstorm,

I'm sure the court will decide what is in the best interest of students today. I really don't see the point of going to the courthouse. First of all, I believe hardly anyone is here on the island from the school. Also if you did show up, you might get "misbranded" just for associating with the wrong group. Anyways, what happens inside the courtroom matters a whole lot more than what goes on outside anyways.

Gutenbier

DoTheRightThing said:
I agree with you. There is no "win" for anyone, just for whoever benefited from our tuitition money. Since it's a "lose-lose" situation, it's now a question of "lose alittle" or "lose a lot". No one can disagree that "defering" is the safest choice to pick. There is no benefit in continuing on 2nd year, but there is A LOT of risk...another $28k, and another year of your life, factor in HICP past/current "performance" record. It's very unlikely that HICP will succeed. Like I said before, I didn't complain to the DCCA expecting to get my tuition money back, even the DCCA said "don't expect anything back, but at best we can only get your tuition back". I submitted my DCCA complaint because it was the "RIGHT" thing to do. I'm an idealist...You see something wrong with the picture...you try to fix it. There was/is a lot of stuff wrong with HICP; they recognized their problems, but they didnt' fix it. I don't want other students to "go through what we went through"...so I try stop the next problem (Dental School) before it starts, and the DCCA are the right people to help us.

I totally agree with you. You couldn't have said it better.

hiprayer said:
http://starbulletin.com/2005/08/10/business/index2.html

"BELIEVE OR LEAVE"
"KULIA IKA NUU"
"ARE YOU GONNA PUNK OUT NOW"

What a freaking JOKE!!!!
Good luck at court today. Practice all your lies at least twice.
You gotta love this:

{{Concerning the state law's prohibition against unaccredited schools publishing statements that they had applied for accreditation, Hasan said the college believes the law does not apply "to post graduate educational institutions such as the College, either in the letter or the spirit."}}

the law doesnt apply to you? LMFAO! Do ANY laws apply to you? You piece of garbage. You and the school are above the law now? Is that right? You're pathetic, in letter and spirit. Ass clown.

I didn't type this out, but I got a hold of the court's transcript.

-Sorry, bare with the spelling and grammatical mistakes, I typed it up real fast to get the news out.

Who was there: Monroe, Criswell, Hasan, all T.A.s except 1, Secretaries, Hasan Assistant, Scott Banks, Scott Banks’ Assistant, Dr. Kamabioshi, Joy, Rawson (HICD), 3 old unknown guys, Dr. Vu, another Pharm. D. professor, about 14 students, some family members

-Standard come in, stand before the judge, sit down

-Judge (J) start of by asking both sides for any additional evidence
-Defended just had some "format" updates of documents
-They also have "MORE" emails from students in favor of HICP
-Judge ask defendant lawyer ( DL) why he called “Dr. Hasan” (H) Doctor, and Monroe (M) and Criswell (C), as Mr. and Miss.
-DL said they both hold “Doctor” degrees.
-Criswell and Monroe both attend Nova South Eastern University (in Florida), they study Organization and leadership. They are both doing dissertation. THEY DON’T HAVE DEGREES and are not yet “Doctors”
-Judge upset why the D call themselves doctors and why they put “DR.” in student hand book.
-DL said that they are working towards the degree and they consider themselves as Dr.
-Judge said that the D file the “Board of Directors” papers under the same Kentucky address…she wanted to know what is Monroe and Criswell’s “Relationship”. Criswell nodded and agreed that they have a “personal” relationship. This is relevant because she wanted to know whether they are share money/income.
-Judge ask about “association” with Rosenburg and USN. Judge said Rosenburg denied association. The judge goes down the list of ALL the people on the “Board of Directors/Trustess” listed on the Student handbook to confirm if those people knew THEIR names were being used. Judge ask about 10 names, each name, DL said I don’t know.
-DL then goes to say that that copy of the “student handbook” is not the one given to student, it was only given to the “State”.
-Mr. Dooman countered and said that copy of the student handbook was provided by a former complaining student
-Judge stated her opinion that “they” (M&C) were very “AMBITIOUS” in starting a Pharm school without more “planning”
-DL said that M&C help start up another school (referring to USN), and that they “know how the mechanism” of how to start a pharmacy school
-DL said problem is high # of students and low # of faculty.
-Judge ask DL if he had contacted ACPE and asked them what the “Likely hood” of getting accredited is.
-DL said he didn’t want to get into the accreditation part because it was not his “field of expertise” and did not call ACPE yet.
-Judge said that ACPE/Accreditation is A VERY IMPORTANT factor in weather the court will continue the temporary injunction…because it determines weather the school will succeed or not, and weather the “graduating students” can take the test to become license pharmacist or not.
-Judge said unless the “ALL STUDENTS SAY THEY WANT TO CONTINUE WITH NO CHANCE OF EVER SEATING FOR THE EXAM, WHICH SHE DOUBTS, SHE SUSPECT THAT WE ARE GOING TO SCHOOL BECAUSE OF THAT”
-Judge states the D have credibility problem
-DL says he can’t say weather ACPE will or will not accredited HICP, he said it’s nearly impossible for them to say or if ACPE will even say . DL states the accredited process that you can try again if you fail.
-Judge asked for a copy of the current and past ACPE application…(but no one had it.)
-DCCA tells the judge they contacted ACPE…ACPE told them that they “weren’t every optimistic”. ACPE said that M&C approached them asking to enroll 100 students, ACPE said 100 is TOO HIGH… ACPE said you can’t apply for Pre-Candidate status because you don’t have a Dean. So they get dean Bahgavan, Bahgavan submit plan with 170 students….(so they already planned on more then 170 students). DCCA also states that ACPE now require “Regional Accredited” for which can’t be obtained for AT LEAST 6 years.
-DCCA said Rosenburg denies association, and will file a lawsuit if they continue. Daniel Kim, denied association. Mary Cockren, said she was on board for 3 months until M terminated the “Board”…they trying to verify other members but there is no evidence that are they are on the “board”
-DCCA stated that there is 2 boards, “Board of Directors” and Board of Trustees”… (Board of directors run the corp, board of trustess run the school).
-DCCA found out that the “Board of Directors” that granted M a $500,000 salary was voted on by M, C, and Steven Criswell (Criswell’s brother)
-DCCA points out that M&C are delinquent on filing business papers. The corp. was filed under M’s mother’s house which he did not live there. (so more law breaking)
-DL then says “he understands all of this stuff, but the purpose of this trial if to see if there is “EVIDENCE” to freeze the assets”
-DCCA said that freezing assets is the point, and if they are found guilty they still have money to pay students back.
-DCCA makes a point by saying the School needs to disclose how much they took from students and how much is left…but that in an escrow account…and the school can run off of investor money (this is how it should’ve been)
-DL said freezing everything is unreasonable because it’s only 25 students, and that the students finished their first year.
-Judge argue that it does count because it maybe due to misrepresentation
-DL argues again that only “statements” printed or on promotional material are counted
-Judge counters by saying “you don’t think that the website islandpharmacy.com doesn’t count?”
-DL argues that Hawaii state law, and ACPE rules are conflicting. State said you can’t disclose accreditation status, but ACPE requires you to disclose accreditation status.
-Judge said it doesn’t count because there is no current accreditation status.

-DL said they will turn over bank records and submit interval updates to the court where the money is at, no need to freeze.
-DCCA said they have the students’ money, just put it into a escrow account. DCCA has bank subpoenas out but they won’t come in until later next week.
-DL ask they need money to run the school and to pay for the property.
-Judge ask where property is (Kapolei), she ask how big (20 acres). Judge ask DL for paper work (but they don’t any)
-(Basically they want to by 20 Acres, they deposit money for 3 Acres.)
-problem is that they deposit money, but there is no terms to the agreement. They don’t know the purchase price…judge doesn’t like this answer.
-DL said “freezing asset” will “impede school operation”
-Judge ask how many people complained
-DCCA said, 24 before, but number is up to 34 today, and they continue to trickle in. “To put things into perspective, you need 2,800 UH students to complain to meet the same ratio”
-Judge ask how much is $28K x 34 ~ $900,000
-Judge ask how many people are deferring. Basically the DCCA figured out that some people are “playing both sides” They complain, and deposit money…because the numbers add up to more then 240.
-DL said, putting away 900,000 will “crimp” the school from running…and that there weren’t enough money to run the school.
-Judge says do the emails (that believers been submitting to HICP) say, “Do any of them say that “we don’t care weather not we can ever sit for the pharmacy board, we don’t care if we the school never get accredited, we only want an education?”
-DL just said, accreditation is just a risk for any opening school. DL said, they just need to submit and just wait and see how things turns out.
-Judge says, she “believe that there are misrepresentation and unfair and deceptive practices”
-DL goes back to the “student handbook”, and how they can’t confirm who has what copy.
-Judge ask how many copies were there. DCCA said 2 versions. DCCA said even 2nd version doesn’t list the board of directors, but still inherit problems from the 1st version.
-Judge ask “how many students are in the courtroom”, she ask “how many are staying and how many are leaving”
-Judge expresses her feelings that she is VERY concern about the students, parents, lives, dreams, promises, money, and weather she should decide to left the school continues or to freeze the account. She said maybe students should just tough it up and take this as a bad experience
-Judge ask Dr. Hasan about his background. Hasan answer with his gangster/special ed stuff.
-Judge ask DL who is devoting their time to running and maintain the school
-DL answered Monroe
-Monroe stands up telling his story, “I grew up unprivileged, my mom don’t even speak English, I didn’t graduate HS, I got GED, I graduated from UH at the TOP of my class…my professor said I should go to the mainland for education and come back and bring my talents back to the community. So I went to Illinois, get graduated TOP of my class. I went to Nova, I am TOP of my class. I then worked under Rosenburg and learned under his principles, “basically building a pharmacy school”. I was the librarian, but I didn’t serve as the librarian, I was the assistant professor of medical information resources. I worked at “USN” in 2000. I was full time faculty at “USN” (judge asks you didn’t have to be on campus for school). There was a satellite building near/on USN campus. I had a dream just to open a pharmacy school. I understand there are mountains and difficulties but I will do everything to get accreditation because I’m doing it for these guys (turns around and points to the students in the room) (he said he and Rosenberg knew what was going on). I am going to run this school (judge ask how do you expect to do that when u are in Florida). I am in my dissertation phase, I can be anywhere in the world (judge how much and when was your pay). My last pay was back in June 2003, I got paid $60,000.”
-Judge ask him about pre-candidate status, and candidate status.
-M said he did submit a “pre-candidate” status application, and he can prove it because he has a cashiers check.
-Judge said it’s misleading because in the literature it says that there will be candidate status, on-site visit….etc.
-Judge ask DCCA what is wants to do
-DCCA said, basically freeze asset
-Judge ask DCCA that “freezing asset” will close down school?
-DCCA say that may be the result
-DL again recommends that they will submit interval reports of where the money is at
-Judge then ask DCCA who they are speaking with
-DCCA said they talking to Private law firm that Represent ACPE, and talking to ACPE executive members. DCCA said the court can get ACPEs side of the story whenever they want.
-Judge ask if HICP has got money in for next year
-DL said yes,
-DL then questions DCCA about who they contacted about accreditation, ACPE or ACPE lawyer’s? And they don’t know who express the opinion “that HICP being accredited wasn’t optimistic”
-DCCA said they spoke with both ACPE and ACPE lawyers and both of them express the same opinion.
-Judge as DL, if they want to confirm DCCA statement
-Judge ask Hasan if he contacted ACPE
-Hasan said he met in May and June with ACPE, and that primary concern is “Number and Resources”
-Judge ask Hasan what ACPE told him
-Hasan said ACPE sent him papers saying that they didn’t want him to use their names and make statements
-Judge said “okay”, let me rephrase” on the next application what number will you put”
-Hasan shifts the point and tells her the Top 100, 2nd 100 plan…and basically rank students how they adapted the curriculum and how well they master the material…they are hiring faculty to lower the ratio. They have 13 FULL TIME PROFESSORS, and 13 PART TIME PROFESSORS.
-Judge goes back to the “property/land” issue.
-Monroe said “PBR and Pacific West Coast Development” are negotiating to build the entire university. They spend 400,000 in design and 200,000 locked in escrow to release the first 3 acres.
-DCCA counters by saying, they don’t know what is going on. First they want a pharmacy school…now they want to dental and nursing school. DCCA said in the “material” that it said Maryl Group was building the building. Maryl group said they are noting doing anything now because of M&C, and if they started, it won’t be for another 2 years before it was finished.

I RAN OUT OF BATTERIES, what’s next is out of memory,

-Criswell then stands up and says that it was Maryl group because they had problems, HICP just wanted to “lease to own”
-Monroe says that the funding is coming from their investors. Judge ask who are the investors
-M said Pacific West Coast Developers (basically PWCD is investing in the building, but they have no money to run the school)
-After all of this, Judge ask if anyone wants to say anything.
-One of the “Brother” of a couple of “students” said that, his “brothers had a dream, and it was not fair to break their dream because of 34 other students have their dreams broken” (this only makes sense if the 34 students were from the bottom, which they are not).
-Then “Student A” stood up for the school, saying the school is good and he learned a lot
-Then “Student B” said No, this school is misleading and the school is a mess.

-Final Conclusion
-The Judge then says, that “It’s hard for her, because it’s dealing with more then just money, its peoples lives, family life saving. She said M&C are not creditable, and that the situation might be different if the people who ran the school were creditable and knew what they were doing. She was REALLY MAD that M&C would call themselves Dr. when they are truly not. She granted the injunction to freeze all assets.

-After that, the DL contested on that they needed some money to pay for “outstanding” balance, pay for his legal services.
-Judge: “I’m not really concerned if you (the DL) gets paid or not, I’m more concerned in returning the money to the students”
-Judge ask DCCA how much money they had
-DCCA said in one bank account it was $-400,000 (Yes, negative $400K). They have 2 other bank accounts with about 2 Million total cash
-The accountant girl, Scott Banks assistant, pointed out that faculty haven’t been paid for 3 weeks, and that they want to get paid.
-Judge: “I’m not really concerned if you(the DL) gets paid or not, I’m more concerned in returning the money to the students”
-DL also said if all asset frozen then M&C can’ “live or survive”
-Judge said…ok, we will have another meeting tomorrow to come up with a “PRIORITIZE” list of who gets paid first.

To HICP students- I am truly sadden that you guys have to go through this horrible mess but I am glad it is all over now and you guys will get some of your money back. If you guys still want to become a pharmacist after this, there is nothing that can stop you guys!! I wish you guys the best.

they spent so much of the money without even flinching and Monroe has the nerves to talk about his SOB story of growing up underprivledged? ..... I'm at a lost for words at how much anger I feel right now.

johnniewest said:
-After that, the DL contested on that they needed some money to pay for “outstanding” balance, pay for his legal services.
-Judge: “I’m not really concerned if you (the DL) gets paid or not, I’m more concerned in returning the money to the students”
-Judge ask DCCA how much money they had
-DCCA said in one bank account it was $-400,000 (Yes, negative $400K). They have 2 other bank accounts with about 2 Million total cash
-The accountant girl, Scott Banks assistant, pointed out that faculty haven’t been paid for 3 weeks, and that they want to get paid.
-Judge: “I’m not really concerned if you(the DL) gets paid or not, I’m more concerned in returning the money to the students”
-DL also said if all asset frozen then M&C can’ “live or survive”
-Judge said…ok, we will have another meeting tomorrow to come up with a “PRIORITIZE” list of who gets paid first.

That is such an awesome quote.

johnniewest said:

The negative 400k is probably the school's account and the other two most likely belong to criswell and monroe.

Also, the second statement proves the faculty are all in it for the money and dont care about screwing the students.

johnniewest said:
-Monroe stands up telling his story, “I grew up unprivileged, my mom don’t even speak English, I didn’t graduate HS, I got GED, I graduated from UH at the TOP of my class…my professor said I should go to the mainland for education and come back and bring my talents back to the community. So I went to Illinois, get graduated TOP of my class. I went to Nova, I am TOP of my class. I then worked under Rosenburg and learned under his principles, “basically building a pharmacy school”. I was the librarian, but I didn’t serve as the librarian, I was the assistant professor of medical information resources. I worked at “USN” in 2000. I was full time faculty at “USN” (judge asks you didn’t have to be on campus for school). There was a satellite building near/on USN campus. I had a dream just to open a pharmacy school. I understand there are mountains and difficulties but I will do everything to get accreditation because I’m doing it for these guys (turns around and points to the students in the room) (he said he and Rosenberg knew what was going on).

Was this guy under oath? If so, they've got him for perjury, too. There's no way that he wasn't the librarian....ask anyone at USN. He WAS the librarian...he even had some tacky Hawaiian sticker that he put on his little cart that he used to put the books back on the shelf. It's also an exaggeration in the extreme to say that he and Criswell were founders of USN. In fact, it's insulting to the true founders and makes me want to puke.

And by the way, where was Hasan with his bombshell evidence about Rosenberg's involvement? They couldn't even produce documentation of any submission to ACPE, let alone Rosenberg's involvement. Notice also that the DCCA mentions that Rosenberg/USN has already sent a written statement to HICP to stop or he'll/they'll sue too (although hopefully, there won't be any money left after they prioritize who gets paid).

Caverject said:
Johnnie West...Thank you for taking the time to do that.

You can thank Minh. I just cut and pasted.

Yes, Thank you for typing that, it was extremely nice of you to do. Few questions though, how did monroe ,criswell and hasan react when he said that he was going to freeze the accounts? How did they react throughout the trial?tough guy ish ?Did you speak? Also does this mean that their personal accounts will be frozen as well? Im happy that this happened so these students could stop living in this dream that they were going to get accredited and work on going to a real pharmacy school. I think everyone wanted the best for the students but that just wasnt possible with M,C, and H behind the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.