P1 hicp students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I didn't attened todays hearing...some personal problems I had to take care of.

-Well, someone brought up a good point about the -$400K...that that might be the school's account...while the other 2Mil are in other and personal accounts.

-As for what I'm hearing...the DCCA is on it...they are getting the information they need to see what money is where.

Members don't see this ad.

bananaface said:
From what I understand, HICP and HICDM share the same administrative mailing address. At least it was this way a few months ago.

Confirmed...yes it was/is to the same mailling address.

Caverject said:
Im sure rent is quite a bit of money. Then you have utilities like electric. internet, etc. Then you have the salaries for the faculty, whatever it maybe. You have a 300 person banquet for your white coat ceremony. I can see where the money went.
-----------------
Last time i spoke with Banks (back in May), he told me that the rent of the facilitiy is about 72k per month. (but I'm sure it's increasing now cause of the extra security for Hasan and Monroe within the past 2 months.) on top of that they have to pay ultilities and other misc payment, salary for employees and traveling expenses for Monroe,Criswell, Hasan, Banks and Dr. A on their "trips to visit the ACPE, and recruitment for new falculty."
not to mention Hasan and Monroe's luxirious trip to Vegas and the spendings there recently...
to sum it up, I guess that where most of our tuition money went.

Members don't see this ad :)
HICP_STUDENTS said:
EVERYONE PLEASE JOIN ME IN MAKING THIS CASE A FEDERAL MATTER. I URGE YOU STUDENTS TO CALL THE FEDERAL TRADE CENTER AND COMPLAIN. THE NUMBER IS: 1877-382-4357, PLEASE CALL NOW. WE NEED TO GET THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT INVOLVED SO THESE PEOPLE WILL NOT RUN AWAY. WE NEED MORE AND MORE PEOPLE, EVERYONE MAKE THE FBI GO FIND THESE CRIMINALS WHO RUINED OUR LIVES, CALL 1877-382-4357, GIVE THEM REFERENCE NUMBER, 6555404, AND YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY, STICK TOGETHER AND WE WILL WIN

HICPHELP can you post more information about this? How does this work and what exactly can the FTC can and will do?

hawaii90210 said:
-----------------
Last time i spoke with Banks (back in May), he told me that the rent of the facilitiy is about 72k per month. (but I'm sure it's increasing now cause of the extra security for Hasan and Monroe within the past 2 months.) on top of that they have to pay ultilities and other misc payment, salary for employees and traveling expenses for Monroe,Criswell, Hasan, Banks and Dr. A on their "trips to visit the ACPE, and recruitment for new falculty."
not to mention Hasan and Monroe's luxirious trip to Vegas and the spendings there recently...
to sum it up, I guess that where most of our tuition money went.

I hope it was fun while it lasted because these people won't be having any more fun for a while.

Should Banks be included with Criswell and Monroe since he is the CFO. Doesn't he know where the money is going and how it was spent. And what about Hasan, I mean, if he's been to LV and seen what Monroe was doing shouldn't he have done something to help students instead of go along with the program.

I have heard that Dr. A is no longer with the school. Is this true?

What happend today at the proceedings?

they probably bought rawson that one million dollar house on makakilo. some of the other money might be in out of state accounts that they do not have records of yet or maybe be invested in homes and land. hopefully they will liquidated all these assests to get money back to the students. Hasan was getting paid around $200k a year for lying and being the sole HICP cheerleader.

Update on the court hearing. The judge allowed for all faculty to be paid EXCEPT for Monroe, Criswell, and Hasan. The reason why the judge included Hasan was because the TAs stood up for the students and said that Hasan was unethical. The judge also said that any money Monroe and Criswell may have had prior to HICP is also frozen.

Hopefully they'll just give back all of the money to the students and make Monroe and Criswell pay the $400k. The judge can do that because she is trying to prioritize who gets paid now so if they put that $400k on the bottom of the list, M & C will have to pay it when there is no money left. I'm sure they'll file for bankruptcy tho.

hawaii90210 said:
The college had 123 students committed to return for their second year next month, and another 90 had opted to sit out a year and return for the 2006-07 school year, Hasan said.

That's just mind boggling to read that 123 out of 240 something want to return. Half the class are ******s?

Also only one non-hicp supporter stood up at the hearing....*inappropriate comment removed by bananaface*. :thumbdown:

quacker said:
That's just mind boggling to read that 123 out of 240 something want to return. Half the class are ******s?

Also only one non-hicp supporter stood up at the hearing....*inappropriate comment removed by bananaface*. :thumbdown:

Maybe you didn't notice that some of us who filed complaints are in other states. I myself am in California and others are in Utah and NV. Don't get the wrong impression that if the DCCA had asked me to appear in court, I would have been there. I'm glad Brandon stood up. He spoke for many of us who were not there and I'm glad he did.

Hmm... what side of the fence are you on? Non-believer, why didn't you speak up? Believer, in this case your taking out your aggression on the wrong people. Students who stood up did the right thing. Please don't blame or take out your anger on them. They have the right to speak.

ucrsandstorm said:
I hope it was fun while it lasted because these people won't be having any more fun for a while.

Should Banks be included with Criswell and Monroe since he is the CFO. Doesn't he know where the money is going and how it was spent. And what about Hasan, I mean, if he's been to LV and seen what Monroe was doing shouldn't he have done something to help students instead of go along with the program.

I have heard that Dr. A is no longer with the school. Is this true?

What happend today at the proceedings?

this is an email sent out by Dr A to HICP email accnt on tues 8/9
"Hello all,

A student emailed and advised me that it is rumoured that I have quit. I want to clarify that this is not true. Yes, things are a little rough right now but that does not mean I and others have stopped the effort to reform and stregnthen hicp's academic program. In fact my teaching materials and files have just arrived from UK. My plan is to proceed as usual to the best of my ability.

Thank you all for your support.
Sincerely,
Dr.A

hawaii90210 said:
"Hello all,

A student emailed and advised me that it is rumoured that I have quit. I want to clarify that this is not true. Yes, things are a little rough right now but that does not mean I and others have stopped the effort to reform and stregnthen hicp's academic program. In fact my teaching materials and files have just arrived from UK. My plan is to proceed as usual to the best of my ability.

Sincerely,
Dr.A

Is there anything more recent? It just because that email was sent on Tuesday prior to Wednesday's bombshell. I'm curious to see who if anyone were still sticking around? I don't know if there were more people who tought they were above the law.

quacker said:

Also only one non-hicp supporter stood up at the hearing....*inappropriate comment removed by FutureRxGal* :thumbdown:

95% of those students were from the mainland. I'm sure they went home after giving up on the school. If you haven't been to Hawaii, it is only fun for about ~2 weeks and then it gets kind of boring after that; Ocean Club was fun, but it loses its appeal after 2 visits. Hawaii isn't exactly paradise if you can't stand the humid heat.

I believe those 123 students were mainly from the 2nd tier group because they did not have to pay. From what I've heard, not many 1st tier students wanted to continue because they had to invest another $28k.

hawaii90210 said:
"Hello all,

Sincerely,
Dr.A

Sorry, someone has been giving me inside info. That email may not have been legit. Did it come from Dr. A's HICP email address or some bogus hotmail address?

johnniewest said:
95% of those students were from the mainland. I'm sure they went home after giving up on the school. If you haven't been to Hawaii, it is only fun for about ~2 weeks and then it gets kind of boring after that; Ocean Club was fun, but it loses its appeal after 2 visits. Hawaii isn't exactly paradise if you can't stand the humid heat.

I believe those 123 students were mainly from the 2nd tier group because they did not have to pay. From what I've heard, not many 1st tier students wanted to continue because they had to invest another $28k.

There is only a few dozen students left on the island (if that). If I was there, you can bet your ass I would have been there to speak up the loudest and ridicule anyone who had the gall to actually say anything positive about this scam of a school.

I believe that 123 is a huge over-estimate. No one all 100 spots were going to pay up and continue into P1, and 23 more in the 2nd class. There are a lot of ******s, but not THAT many. I think Hasan just stated a nice big number to try to lie to the judge and make it seem like they had the support of most of the school, when clearly they do not. He didn't show any evidence to support these numbers, he just spouted them off when asked. Anything that comes out of these criminals' mouths is completely erroneous

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is some new info on what happend today.....Got it from a little friend...

This is just the gist of what happened. It was really quiet and hard to hear on the recording.

Judge asks if the lawyers had a chance to review the financial documents.
Both say yes.
HICP Lawyer says that before they proceed he has spoken to Mr. Brunton this morning about making a couple of proposals to resolve the matter. They would need a couple of weeks to sort out the details and negotiations.
Mr. Brunton says that the proposal would possibly address the issues of the lawsuit and theoretically resolve them all.
Brunton: We have no objection of postponing the payment of faculty and staff for a couple of weeks in order to see these proposals in a more final and refined form and discuss them within the chain of command.
Judge: So the agreement is to put the issue on hold, is that correct?
Both lawyers: Yes
Judge: Are the employees ok with this?
HIPC lawyer: As of this point we have not discussed this with the employees. If we can get this out of the way, with this agreement I think we can address all of their concerns. Judge: When is the next pay period?
Staff: Friday
Judge: Candidly yesterday I was inclined allow the pay of at least up to yesterday. What is going on with the employees? Are they continuing on? Or are they resigning or what is going on?
HICP Lawyer: They will not be continuing on because without the tools the school will be shut down. I think we need to resolve the employee issues today and the other issues at a later date.
Judge: My concern was there are other persons involved who too have families and mouths to feed and bills to pay. I propose that if you are agreeable with this I am ok with allowing a continuance but only if the employees who continue working are ok because otherwise it is going to be a big mess. There are other people involved here.
HICP Lawyer: I think the issue as far as the employees whatever wages are due as of tomorrow then we can handle that issue separately and everything else later.
Judge: Asks about how the pay period works with HICP.
HICP Lawyer explains.
Judge asks if payroll person is present.
Corrigan Taylor stands up: I am Corrigan Taylor and I have been processing payroll since about April 4th. She explains payroll dates.
Brunton: We sympathize with the employees who we also suspect are innocent victims in all of this. However, yesterday when we had a chance to review the materials that had been provided in court that we asked for earlier was one of the questions we were curious about is how much capital investments was involved in this business excluding of student tuition money and the answer is $75,000. That indicates that this is an incredibly undercapitalized venture from the get go. And also indicates that all of the money is student money. So the court needs to understand that for every 100,000 or 200,000 or whatever the ultimate number comes to that is paid to the staff, faculty and employees is coming out of the students’ pockets. And we believe the students have brunted more than their share of both economic and other pain in this case and perhaps a little of that pain can be spread around to the other victims in this venture. It is a little difficult to say whether or not we would be willing to pay the salaries for 2 weeks when I am not sure what that number is. Judge asks what the number is excluding Criswell and Monroe. HICP Lawyer answers: Approximately $130,000.
Corrigan Taylor stands up and explains what that amount is made up of.
Everyone breaks down the logistics of the amount.
Corrigan mentions some costs are for faculty who were promised relocation costs that have not been paid.
Judge: The court will allow and order payment of salary and salary related payments through yesterday. The court will also order the health insurance be paid as that is mandated by law. As for the reimbursements that will be on hold. And I am not making any decisions on any future payments. I don’t understand how this place can keep going….
HICP Lawyer: Based on the court order yesterday the school will not be continuing. Judge: So what is the proposal?
HICP Lawyer: Hopefully to compensate or release the dismay for this particular claim by the state.
Brunton: Apparently there is an investor group and they have some interest in this operation and is willing perhaps to commit some finances to that. We have no idea…. Judge: And keep the school going?
HICP Lawyer: Well that is one thought. There are many proposals but we need to discuss that with the state.
Judge: We have 35 complaints, have you had any more?
Brunton: Yes there are a number of people who jumped off the fence yesterday. I think we received 10 to 12 more complaints yesterday and I suspect we have more coming in as we speak.
Judge: OK Do the employees have anything to say.
Heather stands up: I am Heather Barrie I am the lead TA at the school. I have a question in regards to unemployment benefits. If we resign our position it is our understanding that we will not be accepted for unemployment benefits. I don’t know if there is a difference with the state if we resign because of our feeling of unfair business practices. I am one with three mouths to feed and a mortgage to pay.
Judge: I understand
Heather: I don’t feel comfortable working under Pacific Educational Services with David Monroe & Denise Criswell. So I don’t know what that means for us as employees.
Judge to HICP Lawyer: I think your organization owes a letter to the employees that they are being terminated so that they may qualify for unemployment benefits.
HICP Lawyer: Yes mam.
Student stands up: My name is Peter Park. I am a student of HICP. I was wondering if I may record what is going on today.
Judge explains yes.
Amy stands up: I am Amy Kneehans and I am the librarian at the school. My request is from what he (points to HICP Lawyer) is reading has Dr. Hasan on that list for him to get a paycheck and I do not think that is fair. He has done deceptive things himself and he is not qualified to be dean. I have the ACPE guidelines right here and he is being paid an enormous amount of money for how long now.
Judge: How much is he getting paid?
HICP Lawyer: $200,000
Brunton: What we are concerned about Dean Hasan’s payment is that he served in the public prior to employment HICP he was a public school teacher for Waipahu High School. So he has done very well for himself by making this move.
HICP Lawyer: I don’t want to get into the qualifications of each person.
Judge: The court will review the issue about Dr. Hasan. Pay everybody else. Everyone who wants one give them a letter of termination due to lack of funds.
HICP Lawyer: Is the court ordering a letter for all employees or just those who request it. Judge: For those who want it. There may be people who want to take the risk and stay on but that is on their own risk. There will be no guarantees of payment. And those terminated employees you are required to follow COBRA requirements to continue their health insurance.
Heather stands up: I am Heather Barrie again. I actually have a concern for the students. We just sent out the requests for official transcripts to finish out the year for them. There have been some more recent requests. I actually got some email requests today for transcripts. I don’t know if any schools will accept them. There might be schools that will allow them to take a challenge test for some of these courses that they took which would save them some money and time. I want to know how to go about getting them the proper information because I am probably not going to continue on.
Judge: I understand. Mr. HICP Lawyer what are you going to do to get the students what they request?

hawaii90210 said:
-----------------
Last time i spoke with Banks (back in May), he told me that the rent of the facilitiy is about 72k per month.

That bank building costed $72k/month??? Are you kidding me? I've seen the place and thought it was only $20k/month. Kapolei isn't that expensive. It reminded me of Riverside...don't know why.

HICP Lawyer: At this time we haven’t even contemplated and thought about plans. We have no idea what staff will remain and who will be here.
Judge: Who is making the proposal for the school?
Brunton: Couldn’t understand what he said.
Judge: Miss Barrie..would you be willing to stay on for an additional two weeks to handle the requests?
Heather: If it is only to assist the students in what they are requesting then yes I am. Judge: And you are the one who would handle that?
Heather: Yes I am the grades coordinator.
Judge: And who will handle your payroll?
Muffled talk.
Judge: I assume a lot of students are requesting transcripts and things like that and I really want to make sure they are taken care of.
Corrigan: There are also other issues of employees filing for unemployment benefits there will need to be someone in the office to confirm the information that is being sent over and the letters that need to be signed by an HR Director for the staff to get their unemployment benefits.
Judge asks Misc. questions about unemployment.
Brunton: We have no objection for Barrie to stay on and finish up business.
Judge: OK Barrie can stay on and will be paid until the next hearing. And Miss Taylor may also stay on to help follow up if she is willing. At least until the next hearing. Heather: Can we ask that it be stipulated that we are not required to assist Pacific Educational Services in any of their digging, searching that they may want us to do? I mean I am only solely there for the students.
Corrigan: And I will say that I have recently been asked to do some rather unethical things to take place and I have had to refuse to do so.
Heather: And I don’t want to be privy to that. I want to be there strictly for the students who have put in their blood, sweat and tears.
Judge: I agree.
Judge to HICP Lawyer: I am not sure why or how this is happening, but we have had a number of students and family members trying to call me. I can not talk to them. I don’t even know how they got our number. Please make sure Dr. Hasan or whoever is communicating to the students that this court can not receive phone calls.
HICP Lawyer: I have no idea…how they happened to…I am not sure…muffled.
Scott stands up: My name is Scott Banks and I am the Chief Financial Officer and I have all these checks from students for their seat deposits for next year. Can I mail them back or what should I do about them?
Judge: I think they should be mailed back with a letter that the school is…
HICP Lawyer: I agree that it should be mailed back but the question is who should do that.
Judge: Will Miss Barrie and Miss Taylor be able to handle that?
Heather/Taylor: Yes
HICP Lawyer: Well we need someone who is in control of the books and I think Mr. Banks needs to be there.
Scott: I am willing to stay on with or without pay to help get this done.
HICP Lawyer: A few more issues. He repeats all the courts rulings regarding pay. The judge repeats who will get paid and who won’t.
HICP Lawyer: I know that it was brought up yesterday about Ms. Criswell and Mr. Monroe. Under these broad terms of the order they can’t buy anything, not even a pack of gum if they wanted to. We ask the court to allow them to at least meet their daily activities.
Judge: I have excluded Ms. Criswell for her child support. But they were paid more than $400,000 this past year I think that they will be ok.
HICP Lawyer: But what about their personal assets they had prior to the formation of the corporation.
Judge: That is a part of the court order.
HICP Lawyer: So they can’t even touch their own…
Judge: Muffled
HICP Lawyer: They can possibly find new employment to cover their personal assets, will that be covered by the order?
Judge: Not at the time being.
HICP Lawyer: About compensation for counsel. We need to continue to represent our clients but we need to be compensated.
Judge: I am sorry Mr. HICP Lawyer but I am not that concerned about how you get compensated.
HICP Lawyer: Well with that I don’t think I have any more to present.
Judge sets another hearing to be on Thursday, August 25th. Court adjourned.
HICP Lawyer: Thanks your honor. If we can reach some sort of resolution earlier we will contact you other than that we will be here.
Judge: But I want to make it clear that there will not be any confidential agreements. Any agreements will take place in the courtroom. Thank you.

I got an email from The Source/NoMoreRumors08, the same person who transcribed the hearing yesterday gave a short transciption of what happened today.

"This is from *name removed by bananaface*:

-Here's a quick update. I tried to record the hearing
but I had technical problems. Brandy, the TA, has it
recorded and I think she will transcribe it. When you
get it, pass it to your classmate, not everyone's
email address is on the email list that's been
floating around.

-M&C&H were not at the hearing today, I heard from the
other faculty they were back in LA. 1)Judge settled
that the Faculty get paid what they were owed. 2)Judge
ordered all of M&C personal accounts currenty and
prior to HICP be froze. 3) No "survival" money for
C&M...Judge said, those 2 have master in education,
and with a shortage of teachers, they won't have hard
time finding a job (money). 4)Judge again denied DL's
request that he get paid (nice try buddy). But for
more details about the event...we have to wait for
Brandy.

-It was brought to my attention by some people that I
left out some important/funny details from yesterdays
hearing.

1)*When Judge was asking to confrim weather the board
memebers knew their name was being used*
-DCCA :"Danial Kim, has denied that's he's been
associated. Ms. Marry Cochren is a lawyer I believe is
no Maui shes written....*Judge interupts DCCA*
-Judge: "The record board will reflect that I do know
Ms. Cochren from law school days, I have not spoken to
her since then." *DCCA continues*
-DCCA : "Got you...we ask her to comfirm..."

2)*This when Monroe tells his story"
-M :"I grew up unprivileged, my mom don’t even speak
English...."
*Near the end of the hearing,when I had no batteries
lift*
-Judge :...sorry to the students that I have to
decided this way, my decision would've been different
if the situation was better...it's because of
"creditablity" (of M&C), and "Talk is Cheap" (refering
to M's story)
"

How many times do you guys have to be reminded not to use people's whole and personal names? Jesus, maybe MN doesnt want to be identified.

Back on topic, thats good news that Brandy and Corrigan (whoever that is) spoke up about how unethical those 3 are, and specifically Hasan. That took a lot of balls right there in the court room. Althought, I guess those 3 werent present, still.

Why does anyone want a transcript? No credits will ever transfer. Hell, I'd rather do anything to make sure no one ever knows I attended that piece of crap. When I grow up, I'll tell my kids I lived in Hawaii for a year, I wont tell them I was duped and made a major life mistake, and here is my transcript to prove it, lol.

OK, a lot of us are wondering how these clowns look like. Can someone share a photo of Hasan, Criswell, and Monroe?

JohnHICP said:
Hell, I'd rather do anything to make sure no one ever knows I attended that piece of crap. When I grow up, I'll tell my kids I lived in Hawaii for a year, I wont tell them I was duped and made a major life mistake, and here is my transcript to prove it, lol.

I recently got a job. They asked me what I was doing for the last year since there was a gap in my education and employment. I didn't want to lie so I told them the truth. I think that this will be the case if anyone is going to reapply for pharmacy school or employment.

I think we all agree that Monroe and Criswell need to do some jail time. Students should send a complaint to the US department of Justice. Nice work finding the pics Caverject.

Everyone has an innocent face. Hasan doesn't look tough. Criswell is obese, but doesn't look evil. Monroe looks like a Flip who got ripped by me in an interview.

Caverject said:
Here is a link I found for pictures of the "big" three

http://photobucket.com/albums/b33/hicp/

PLEASE DO NOT POST THE PICS IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE CLICK THE LINK TO PHOTOBUCKET

You did not find those pics. Those look like recent photos taken by an insider because Hasan came in late in the game.

johnniewest said:
You did not find those pics. Those look like recent photos taken by an insider because Hasan came in late in the game.

Hasan was actually there in Aug of 2004; maybe sooner. He didn't teach till later tho.

MarlboroMan said:
I think we all agree that Monroe and Criswell need to do some jail time. Students should send a complaint to the US department of Justice. Here are some links.

US Department of Justice

To report fraud

Nice work finding the pics Caverject.
Umm, that fraud link says to report fraud or misconduct about an EMPLOYEE of the department of justice or any of those other agencies... I dont think this case applies.

johnniewest said:

Those pics were taken at the school's Thanksgiving Feast on Nov. 25, 2004. Monroe and Criswell announced that they used their own money to pay for all the food. Yeah right! It was our money that they used to buy those damn turkeys. I can't believe how innocent they look back then. Hasan looks nowhere close to that nowadays.

JohnHICP said:
How many times do you guys have to be reminded not to use people's whole and personal names? Jesus, maybe MN doesnt want to be identified.

Sorry, that's the second time I did that. Just too used to copy and paste

-From what I've read from "HiPrayer" and from what I've experienced from HICP....i agree eith UCRSandStorm...I think Scott Banks has some fault in this, yes he's the CFO, he should be the one with all the numbers. I don't understand why the judge let him "back". He was involved in the planing of "things" at our school. Is he trying to buy more time or be a "mole"?

-The DCCA number of PES having $75,000 before the school opened matches the number some of you guys found in your search earilier this year. Good work.

-I also feel sorry for the two faculty "who were promised reloction but haven't been paid"...just more innocent victums of the tragedy.

-Seems like the TA's spoke out today, "Heather: Can we ask that it be stipulated that we are not required to assist Pacific Educational Services in any of their digging, searching that they may want us to do? I mean I am only solely there for the students."
-What does she mean by "digging and searching"?
-The thing I don't understand is why the TA's wait until now to say something about the school? I'm sure they knew what was going on. They were working for unethical and unprofessional people, how close can you get?

-The school said they had "this" years tuition in an escrow account, and yesterday the DL said the same...."then why does Scott Banks have them with him?" Again...lies....

-"Corrigan: And I will say that I have recently been asked to do some rather unethical things to take place and I have had to refuse to do so." Again, you refuse to do unethical things, but why didn't you report it?
-If someone tried to hire me to kill someone...I will refuse to do it...but i'll go report it to the authorities.

-With the families and students calling the judge, I think she sees the scope of the people being affected. The Judge wants Hasan to tell the students not to call...what the Judge doesn't know/recognize that Hasan is flat out liar, he also has no creditablity...no one believes him, that's why they have to hear for themselves and call. If Hasan did write a email to students telling them not to call....I think more students will start to call!

-I think the DL should find new clients to represent...I don't think he will ever see money for his services. Like the students cutting their losses with HICP, I think he should do the same.

-Anyone still going to be in Hawaii on the 25th of Aug.

MarlboroMan said:
Hasan was actually there in Aug of 2004; maybe sooner. He didn't teach till later tho.
I believe hasan has always bragged about how he was the first of all the administrators including bhagavan to come on board with HICP. He even used this as an excuse to why he was elected interim dean.
Looks are very deceiving and these 3 are far from good. They are two faced con artist, that will do anything to make some quick cash.

Honestly, I don't agree with the Judge allowing Banks or Corrigan back in to the building or even paying them a cent. Banks and Corrigan since April have known all along that what they were getting paid to do at HICP was illegal and unethical. Perhaps they might not have liked what they were doing, but regardless, they did it willingly without anyone forcing them and have gotten paid very well for assisting hasan and monroe in this fraud. She never has had a problem doing unethical things at the school. Oh and guess who got Nathan Wheeler fired. Corrigan.

The firing of Nathan was one of the best things that hicp did. he was stealing our tuition money Actually Banks did alot of unethical things and kept quiet about all the stuff he knew, but he is much nicer and kind hearted than Corrigan. Corrigan has a similar evil to her as Criswell.
I'm afraid that by her going in to hicp she will probably shred papers,etc. in order to cover her back. She also played miss inoncent to the judge just get paid for a longer time. Basically, I don't think ANY of the faculty deserve to get a paid a penny. they are professionals and weren't even doing any work since school got out. So they're gonna get paid for surfing the net everyday and BSing. I want my money back, before any of these fools get paid, it's only fair. What about the huge debt we have for nothing to show? What about the year that we lost and were abused and taken advantage of at HICP? What about 1 years worth of salary that we lost to come to HICP, when we could've been working in CA and getting paid well?
I believe the student who filed the complaints with DCCA should get there money back before anyone gets anything Lets give credit, where credit is due. I hope the judge the hears this.

Tamara-Hasan's Assistant
Bank -CFO of HICP and PES
Bank's wife - she works for the dental college
Corrigan - Bank's assistant
Dr. Vu
Dr. A

Did these people get paid?

Why should BANKS be overseeing any of this. If BANKS wants to help students then he should cooperate with the DCCA and locate where HICP funds went. I don’t understand how BANKS can sit around and not stand up for students. If he is going to help students then he can it now. I hope he is not there to try to salvage what's left for the owners. Don't forget, he is Hasan's right hand man and does whatever Monroe wanted. How do I know he isn't going to issue check or reimburse the wrong people? He needs to be supervised.

About Corrigan, PES asked you to do some UNETHICAL things, what exactly did they ask you to do? Who ASKED YOU? Did you funnel money or were asked to since you did payroll? Did you cut checks to the dental college or someone who isn’t suppose to get one. Someone else needs to watch these people. Students who have lost much more than crooked administrators. Students should be paid funds first. A third party needs to handle funds very soon. How do I know Banks and Corrigan didn't plan this out and is trying to cover up facts about their own involvement. THEY NEED TO BE WATCHED.

WHERE DID MONEY GO? WHO IS RESPONSIBLE TO KNOW?

Banks and Corrigan did the books. They should be questioned to what, where, and how HICP student’s money was spent and how much is truly left. What if Scott and Corrigan is helping the school hide money? These people should not be trusted just like Hasan, Monroe, and Criswell. They should be held responsible because Monroe and Criswell can not do the things on there own. DON'T LET THESE PEOPLE OFF THE HOOK.

About the dental college, Rawson’s office is next to Dr. Bhagavan’s office. The dental school did not rent another facility; it used HICP space, mailing address, and phone numbers. I don’t see how any of the $500,000 allocated by PES to Rawson's dental school was used on facilities. Rawson used HICP resources. Did Rawson not stay at the Kapolei condo? How does this man who is responsible for BILLIONS of dollars for the NV gamming commission not know where funds come from? This man's big job in NV requires him to know how and where money is being moved. Yet he doesn’t know how his own school was funded?

Heather is a good person. Her kids are sweet like her and I know she is deserving of a paycheck like the rest of the TA's and Amy. Thank you guys for having the courage to stand up for what’s right. Heather, the TA’s, and Amy never liked it when anything bad happened to students. I'm glad she is there help students by filling student requests.

PES may be digging or searching? What might they be digging or searching for? Based on the previous conduct of the school, it begs the question to what the schools intentions are now. The judge didn't say the school could not operate but it must compensate students who have been wronged. The judge said whoever wants to stay, it was going to be at their own risk. Are there still HICP faithfuls? What about the "so called" private investors? Are they the same ones who helped fund the dental college like Rawson claims? I wonder if I'm a private investory and I just don't know it.

HICP has NOT returned students tuition+interest. It has NOT officially shut down its doors just yet. To me is sounds like that DL is trying to get paid, Monroe and Criswell are trying to bargain their way out before Aug 25, and Banks and Corrigan might be covering their dirty tracks. It's NOT OVER YET!

lava2 said:
Basically, I don't think ANY of the faculty deserve to get a paid a penny. they are professionals and weren't even doing any work since school got out.

-I technically agree with that. The DCCA did point out ALL the money is student money. And all the faculty knew what is going on, and they still continue to work for an unethical and unprofessional Company...they admit so themselves. But when push comes to shove, it seems that some faculty are two faced, they are just trying to save themselves now. Scott Banks was like Hasan's Right Hand Man....they were inseperable...they planed things out together....he was FULLY AWARE of the situation. As of now...it seems like he's getting a free "get out of jail" card. Thanks to the TA's, Hasan is now put under the looking glass...hopefully.

-I think some faculty deseve to get paid, the TA's do -- do work...sending out transcipt and doing our grades. They need money to keep their family alive. But I think they should've stood up for us sooner. As professionals, they should be our role model. They shouldn't follow in the footsteps of the 34 complaintants

-Like UCRSandStorm said before...maybe the employees had a contract that they can't "say anything". What I want to konw what are the terms of "what can be said" and "what can't be said." Unethical stuff has been going on, and the facuilty knows and admit it...can't they speak out about that? It kinda seems like ENRON...everyone does illegal stuff but no one said anything about it...the Excutive, the accountants, the accounting firms...until the end when everythign is exposed, no one says anything.

JohnHICP said:
Umm, that fraud link says to report fraud or misconduct about an EMPLOYEE of the department of justice or any of those other agencies... I dont think this case applies.

I think it depends if hicp had a justice depratment. Big institutions have all sorts of departments: IT dept., HR dept., Acadamia dept., and the list flows wildely. List so big make me dizzy like the pharmacopaya list. Keep mind opened... Cheers :thumbup:

johnniewest said:
Sorry, someone has been giving me inside info. That email may not have been legit. Did it come from Dr. A's HICP email address or some bogus hotmail address?

That is so sick that even A misusess the title of doctor. He is only the Nathan Wailer's tech secretary. :mad:

DoTheRightThing said:
-I technically agree with that. The DCCA did point out ALL the money is student money. And all the faculty knew what is going on, and they still continue to work for an unethical and unprofessional Company...they admit so themselves. But when push comes to shove, it seems that some faculty are two faced, they are just trying to save themselves now. Scott Banks was like Hasan's Right Hand Man....they were inseperable...they planed things out together....he was FULLY AWARE of the situation. As of now...it seems like he's getting a free "get out of jail" card. Thanks to the TA's, Hasan is now put under the looking glass...hopefully.

-I think some faculty deseve to get paid, the TA's do -- do work...sending out transcipt and doing our grades. They need money to keep their family alive. But I think they should've stood up for us sooner. As professionals, they should be our role model. They shouldn't follow in the footsteps of the 34 complaintants

-Like UCRSandStorm said before...maybe the employees had a contract that they can't "say anything". What I want to konw what are the terms of "what can be said" and "what can't be said." Unethical stuff has been going on, and the facuilty knows and admit it...can't they speak out about that? It kinda seems like ENRON...everyone does illegal stuff but no one said anything about it...the Excutive, the accountants, the accounting firms...until the end when everythign is exposed, no one says anything.
Yeah, Actually you're right. The TA's are great people and don't deserve to be punished for by their pay checks being w/held. The same goes for Joy and the Librarian. I wish them the best, regardless of what I said while venting. The TAs, etc. are staff and not faculty (teachers/admnistrators) and have been doing a wonderful job the entire school year.

ucrsandstorm said:
HICP has NOT returned students tuition+interest. It has NOT officially shut down its doors just yet. To me is sounds like that DL is trying to get paid, Monroe and Criswell are trying to bargain their way out before Aug 25, and Banks and Corrigan might be covering their dirty tracks. It's NOT OVER YET!

I went to the DCCA office today and briefly spoke with Mr. Dooman. He stated we would probably not even see the $2 million of $6.7 million reimbursed to the students, although they would try their best to recover as much as they could. He stated in his honest opinion, we are "realistically" looking around $1 million that might be recovered. If this amount is evenly distributed among the students, it comes out to a little over $4000 per student.

gutenbier said:
I went to the DCCA office today and briefly spoke with Mr. Dooman. He stated we would probably not even see the $2 million of $6.7 million reimbursed to the students, although they would try their best to recover as much as they could. He stated in his honest opinion, we are "realistically" looking around $1 million that might be recovered. If this amount is evenly distributed among the students, it comes out to a little over $4000 per student.

Will that include the homes, autos, and other non-monetary assets after they are sold or auctioned off?

Why are you people so blaming of the teachers? How do you expect the teachers to stand up for you if you wouldnt even stand up for yourselves?? :confused: 35 complaints? You think any teacher there would stand up for you guys when you could only muster 35 complaints at this stage? Who would they have had to back them up after they went after the big 3? You cowards? I think EVERYONE involved should take a step back and start taking alot more responsibility for why they are in this situation and stop blaming everyone else.
It is very unfortunate that the amount of money recovered could be so low. That just shows how well monroe thought this up. This truly was one hell of a scam. 5 million gone!

J Lucas said:
Why are you people so blaming of the teachers? How do you expect the teachers to stand up for you if you wouldnt even stand up for yourselves?? :confused: 35 complaints? You think any teacher there would stand up for you guys when you could only muster 35 complaints at this stage? Who would they have had to back them up after they went after the big 3? You cowards? I think EVERYONE involved should take a step back and start taking alot more responsibility for why they are in this situation and stop blaming everyone else.
It is very unfortunate that the amount of money recovered could be so low. That just shows how well monroe thought this up. This truly was one hell of a scam. 5 million gone!

I usually think J Lucas is a little too harsh and bashful, but there is some truth to his statement. To add to his statement, even though 34 students complained, a lot of them were anonymous. Hence, it would be hard for anyone to stand up for you, whoever you are. All this reliation against HICP started only about a month or two ago when some students found out they were going to be held back (right?).

With that said, getting only $1 million back really sucks. I don't agree with the judge's decision to pay the staff first because if it was illegal to take the money in the first place, then the company should have never started and the students should have had the highest priority. Sure the staff worked, but they did not lose any money. As for the faculty who "moved there" recently, they should have done more research. Any time you relocate, you have to scrutinize who you are working for and where you are relocating to. I'm sure they visited the place and talked to people around the area (ie. HICP students and staff) because they were not just relocating to new jobs, but also to new lives.

I'm glad that Dr. Miyahara got out while he could.

He seemed like a great guy from what I could tell while I was speaking with him during my visit.

Does anyone know about these so-called "private investors"? Who would want to take over this mess and keep the operation going?

The press absolutely LOVES it when there is some sort of scandal with anyone even remotely connected with the government. IS it possible that this guy Rawson was duped by these two crooks as well? Some sentiments in the Dental forum suggest pockets of support for this man.

Oh and to the person who said the teachers are out for themselves and two faced, who do you believe in that entire school was not out for themselves at least one time or another? Everyone had an angle, when the teachers realized what was going on they figured someone was going to get screwed and why should it be them? You guys got up every morning and went to class so why shouldnt they get paid for attempting to teach you something?

J Lucas said:
The press absolutely LOVES it when there is some sort of scandal with anyone even remotely connected with the government. IS it possible that this guy Rawson was duped by these two crooks as well? Some sentiments in the Dental forum suggest pockets of support for this man.

Oh and to the person who said the teachers are out for themselves and two faced, who do you believe in that entire school was not out for themselves at least one time or another? Everyone had an angle, when the teachers realized what was going on they figured someone was going to get screwed and why should it be them? You guys got up every morning and went to class so why shouldnt they get paid for attempting to teach you something?
Rawson is just as shady. It's not so much the press LOVES this, it's their job to report the news. The fact of the matter is, how can he do two full time jobs in two states? He is being paid by Nevada tax payers and the State deserves to come first. His priorities say otherwise

J Lucas said:

Sure pay them, but don't overpay for their services. A typical lecturer (untenured professor) makes about $5k-$10k per class they teach. Of course full-time tenure-track professors make more, but their duties go beyond a lecturer's responsibilities. They have to mentor students, research in their area of specialty, and do adminstrative work (ie. try to win grants for the school and recruit other faculty). No one at HICP fits this category. So either they were overpaid to be complacent about the corruption taking place, or they were willing to take a lot less than what a real professor makes because this was their secondary job and they were really doing very little or nothing at all.

Another question that I want to ask is that did they make any money off from the materials they sold to students? Did they profit from selling those mandatory classroom materials--books, supplementary materials, etc.? At this point, you have to penny pinch and make sure no one is hiding any money. I have a hard time believing over $5 million was already spent. Where is the money?

hoochie_mint said:
I think it depends if hicp had a justice depratment. Big institutions have all sorts of departments: IT dept., HR dept., Acadamia dept., and the list flows wildely. List so big make me dizzy like the pharmacopaya list. Keep mind opened... Cheers :thumbup:

I would agree with JohnHICP. The DOJ link is used to report fraud of DOJ & government employees, contractors...etc. It would not be likely that the DOJ will step in seeing that HICP did not have federal funds to misappropriate in the first place.
The internal "justice department" you are referring to would be called a corporate compliance department and their responsibility is to make sure that all operations run free of fraud and other unsavory situations.
With Monroe, Criswell & Hasan at the helm.......well, I guess we all know that a compliance department would not have helped.

-From what I heard the DCCA said little is known to them also. What they know is that the private investor is willing to pay restitution to the students who want it. They will keep the HICP name, but fire/terminate all exisitng employees. They will start the school from scratch and run the school under the state's watchful eye.

-The question is WHY? From what I heard, there is something about the land/property HICP has/had aquired/is aquiring that is very appealing the private investor...supposedly there is gonna be a entire "plaza" type building/structure that is suppose to make money. The other question is -- is all that worth atleast 7 Million dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.