P1 hicp students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DoTheRightThing said:
I removed personal information to comply with TOS

[From HICP2004 Yahoo Group]

To save the school, someone I know has given me this
idea:
1. You can email to the school or Dr. Hasan stating
that you want to save the school and why and... (your
input)

2. You can call and talk to a newsreporter that you
want to save the school and why. This is one of the
reporter:
Stewart Yerton
Business Writer
The Honolulu Star-Bulletin
xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
Honolulu, HI 96813

t. (808) 529-xxxx
f. (808) 529-xxxx

3. You can call Hawaii's DCCP and the lawyer that is
sueing the school and tell him to delay or stop it.
Or why you want to save the school

4. You can call ACPE and ask if they can save our
school as well and why.

5. You can gather some positive students and write up
a pettition to stop or delay the allegations and why.

6. You can contact anybody that can help to save our
school.

7. At least you are voicing your own opinions so that
someone else would not represent you against your
ideas.

PS: the one that I communicate with told me that Dr.
Belloto is willing to help our school.

Now go do the real right thing for yourself

Dao

This really sounds like a cry for help. When HICP students change their minds, it's not too late to file a complaint or seek legal counsel.

Members don't see this ad.

DoTheRightThing said:
I removed personal information to comply with TOS

[From HICP2004 Yahoo Group]

To save the school, someone I know has given me this
idea:
1. You can email to the school or Dr. Hasan stating
that you want to save the school and why and... (your
input)

2. You can call and talk to a newsreporter that you
want to save the school and why. This is one of the
reporter:
Stewart Yerton
Business Writer
The Honolulu Star-Bulletin
xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
Honolulu, HI 96813

t. (808) 529-xxxx
f. (808) 529-xxxx

3. You can call Hawaii's DCCP and the lawyer that is
sueing the school and tell him to delay or stop it.
Or why you want to save the school

4. You can call ACPE and ask if they can save our
school as well and why.

5. You can gather some positive students and write up
a pettition to stop or delay the allegations and why.

6. You can contact anybody that can help to save our
school.

7. At least you are voicing your own opinions so that
someone else would not represent you against your
ideas.

PS: the one that I communicate with told me that Dr.
Belloto is willing to help our school.

Now go do the real right thing for yourself

Dao

Message to Dao:

Dao, I am afraid there is 'NO REMEDIATING' a lawsuit, LOL. The charges are set in stone b/c they have been committed by HICP. It is not like the HICP curriculum where you are given numerous chances to fail and then, for a certain few students, you are just given AMNESTY by Hasan for whatever rea$on. The State has filed the suit b/c they believe WE have been wronged and HICP has been the culprit. The facts are there as well as many witnesses. If you and others are willing to get invovled w/ those being charged, than go right ahead if that's what it takes YOU to believe before YOU actually LEAVE.

Anyhow, you say you communicate w/ someone that told YOU that Dr. Belloto said he is willing to help the school. Well, just what are his plans. Please tell everyone FACTS and don't lead people to guess what it is that he can do . . . we would like to hear this MIRACLE.

By the way, it was Belloto himself who told US numerous times that this school, particularly ITS OWNERS, has been screwed up and was built for disaster b/c "they have NOT followed the advice of ACPE". Also, if you want more FACTS that you should already know, Belloto does NOT speak highly at ALL of both the OWNERS and the DEAN of HICP. If he can help the students somehow, than tell us how. Their has to be some kind of mutual respect and this does NOT EXIST . . . so as far as having a relationship w/ the FOUNDING IDIOTS AND PUPPET DEAN that will benefit HICP, it will NEVER happen. Lastly, besides Belloto himself who speaks so negatively about HICP, the OWNERS THEMSELVES AND THE DEAN have talked so much trash about Belloto behind his back and that is a FACT. The nerve of them to use him to keep OUR school alive during our P1 year . . . although Belloto probably felt that he had it made w/ the condo, car, and expenses paid vacation everytime he flew down to teach and still get paid in paradise. Monroe used to say that Belloto and Batz were the "teachers from hell". This is kind of ironic b/c we students APPRECIATED these two men (faculty) b/c they DID IN FACT KEEP US AFLOAT and if it were not for them the school would of died a long time ago.

Dao try applying to other COPs and spend your time and money on realistic goals. You are smarter than you think AND you need to have more confidence in yourself if you really want to be part of the profession of pharmacy. It's too late thinking you can buy your degree at HICP and they have been playing w/ your emotions for too long.

P.S. I'm sure Stewart, ACPE, and DCCA would love to hear from you. Be prepared to state FACTS like all these "negative" students you are talking about have done. Like our ex-Pres Tony has said in a post, both the pros and the cons will help bring out the REAL TRUTH.

Bellato is not coming to the school!!!!!!! Does anyone know for a fact if ACPE can look at the schools application if it has a lawsuit pending?? Were going to have to find that out. I will try to give our buddies at ACPE a call tomorrow.

PATTY KU....YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
ucrsandstorm said:
Does anyone remember that announcement in the spring?

A better question would be:
Does anyone still remember that confusing last year of high school, when we had no clue to what we were going to do with our lives? Most of us did not care about what lie ahead as long as we had our dignity, integrity, and self-respect. What ever happened to that feeling?

What I am witnessing here is that a group of students is being repeatedly kicked around, lied to, and unjustly punished. Yet, they don't have the courage to walk away. It is like watching a bunch of battered women who keep on going back to their abusive husbands/boyfriends. I really don't know what to say. I just hope what I read on SDN is one big hoax.

ucrsandstorm said:
The atmosphere of spies was originally inserted by Hasan. He had stated that one of us was a spy from another school trying to shut down HICP. In response, he would convince students to keep secrets and that they were special. Hasan would say things like, "I trust you and what I'm going to say to you shouldn't be said to anyone else.", “You want to know what's really going on? I'll tell you but you have to keep that between you and me and the four walls.” Then he'll tell you what you want to hear. I know because that's what he told me.

This was post 1417, and I just want to thank you Tony for this post because it brought back a lot of memories. I went to military school during my early teen years, and they would use that bullcrap on every one of my classmates when one of us got in trouble.

I think HASAN may have some military background.

Hey didnt Dao leave for a week or so during the last couple of weeks to new mexico because he thought the school wasnt going to make it. It was during the time that we finished kinetics and ceutics. HMM....He could have been given an incentive to come back and be a spy for hasan. This is very intresting....

I believe Dao and Patty were also in the same group for ceutics and Kinetics.

Another unsolved mystery!!!!!!! Dont worry the truth will come out!!!

The soap opera continues....

PS-When is the movie coming out??

Boys and girls dont forget......"strive for the highest"

hiprayer said:
PS-When is the movie coming out??

Titles for HICP Movie

1. Gone with the Nguyens
2. Wannabe Drugstore Cowboy
3. David Yonkas and the Diploma Mill Factory
4. The Dukes of HICP
5. Fanatic Four (Monroe, Criswell, Hasan, & Vu)
6. Seven Million Dollar Baby

Add on as needed...

ucrsandstorm said:
I think this is the 4th time I've heard that rumor.

Belloto was asked in class by Joe (one of Dao's friends) and Belloto said "NO". He had something better to do with his time. I don't know why students keep pursuing this. Also, I believe Hasan was trying to court Belloto prior to students asking and tried to offer the him the dean position. The other rumor is that Nathan Wheeler was fired because of that courtship for Belloto to be dean by Hasan. If I remember right, Hasan was the one who served Nathan his termination letter. After Belloto, Hasan said he offered the Dean position in an email to Bruce Canaday, the president-elect of APhA. I was offended when he announced that to students because he was just misleading student again! Hasan said, "I emailed Canaday and offered him the position, wouldn't it be nice to have him as dean. We will have to wait and see". Does anyone remember that announcement in the spring?

I honestly believe that Dr. Belloto will not in any way shape or form help out the school. He has helped out students who want to know the truth about the school. Yes, In class at 2 occasions students ask Belloto to be dean. He's statements clearly expressed that he would never be HICP dean, unless things were done his way...then he might consider the fact. The other occasion, a "female student" was very "persistance" in insisting Dr. Belloto be dean....she wouldn't let it go. She was trying to convince him to atleast apply for the job and then decide kater on if he wanted to be dean. It was pretty much a desperate plea for him to help us. He refused, he has better things to do.

I do rememeber the time Hasan came in and did say he was trying to get Bruce Canaday as dean. The entire class was happy because that guy is "cool" and he's the Pres. of APhA...and that help us out greatly. It is misleading, because it doesn't really matter you ask to be dean, it only matters weather they accept the position or not. HICP always did this, they would always announce something "good" but it the plan would never go through. Like how they went throughout the year saying they will "TRY" get loan and affiliation with BYO.

keepingupwynns said:
Titles for HICP Movie

1. Gone with the Nguyens
2. Wannabe Drugstore Cowboy
3. David Yonkas and the Diploma Mill Factory
4. The Dukes of HICP
5. Fanatic Four (Monroe, Criswell, Hasan, & Vu)
6. Seven Million Dollar Baby

Add on as needed...

Gone with 7.2 Million (Gone in 60 Sec.)
The Imperfect Heist (The perfect heist)
Oceans "4" (Oceans Eleven)
My Big Fat Student Loan (My Big Fat Greek Wedding)
Men in Prision Jumpsuits (Men in Black)
Pirates of the Pacific (Pirates of the Caribbean)
More profit by the dozon (Cheaper by the dozen)
Meet the F*ckers (Meet the Fockers)
HICP Wars: Episode I - The Hawaiian Menace
HICP Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Hasan Spies
HICP Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Students

DoTheRightThing said:
I honestly believe that Dr. Belloto will not in any way shape or form help out the school. He has helped out students who want to know the truth about the school. Yes, In class at 2 occasions students ask Belloto to be dean. He's statements clearly expressed that he would never be HICP dean, unless things were done his way...then he might consider the fact. The other occasion, a "female student" was very "persistance" in insisting Dr. Belloto be dean....she wouldn't let it go. She was trying to convince him to atleast apply for the job and then decide kater on if he wanted to be dean. It was pretty much a desperate plea for him to help us. He refused, he has better things to do.

I do rememeber the time Hasan came in and did say he was trying to get Bruce Canaday as dean. The entire class was happy because that guy is "cool" and he's the Pres. of APhA...and that help us out greatly. It is misleading, because it doesn't really matter you ask to be dean, it only matters weather they accept the position or not. HICP always did this, they would always announce something "good" but it the plan would never go through. Like how they went throughout the year saying they will "TRY" get loan and affiliation with BYO.

I remember everything you have just stated and I must say that all of the examples in your post did in fact occur.

I would like to express that Hasan really played with the emotions of HICP students. Does anyone else remember when he had asked us to raise our hands and say what we would be doing with the money we made after we graduated from HICP and became pharmacists. Now that I think about it, he used psychology on us the entire time we were there and is still doing it. He has mental issues built on greed and money.

Other examples of misleading, including the one's mentioned by DoTheRightThing:
1 - Affiliation w/ BYU Hawaii
2 - ACPE (the three wise men) advised "Plan B" to occur to students
3 - Remember the test question he gave us on his exam that talked about the "withdraw" situation w/ ACPE in early Jan. and the answer was that ACPE used "coercive power" on HICP AND this answer was based on his perspective bcuz he made the exam . . . he also said in front of the entire class that when they went to ACPE in January he felt like, in his opinion, they (ACPE) played the race card and were not treated like equals
4 - Making the whole class believe that he was in contact with Dr. Bruce Canaday to be our dean, when all he did was send an email . . . he never did tell us what Canaday's response was, but he sure made us cheer, clap and get excited
5 - Not letting the class know the real truth of why he was chosen to be interim dean instead of Dr. Miyahara . . . when in fact the LIBRARIAN announced to the whole class that Dr. Miyahara was chosen by majority decision via the executive committee to be the Interim dean, BUT it was over-ruled by YOU KNOW WHO!!!!!!!!
(There is SO MUCH to add and the list can go on and on!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Contribute to the list if you would like . . . only FACTS that were verbally said to us please . . . there were so many unkept promises and misleading statements said to the HICP Students.

lava2 said:
Message to Dao:

Dao, I am afraid there is 'NO REMEDIATING' a lawsuit, LOL. The charges are set in stone b/c they have been committed by HICP. It is not like the HICP curriculum where you are given numerous chances to fail and then, for a certain few students, you are just given AMNESTY by Hasan for whatever rea$on. The State has filed the suit b/c they believe WE have been wronged and HICP has been the culprit. The facts are there as well as many witnesses. If you and others are willing to get invovled w/ those being charged, than go right ahead if that's what it takes YOU to believe before YOU actually LEAVE.

I absolutely agree with you. Some students believe if there wasn't a lawsuit, everything would be ok. I don't get it? With or without the lawsuit, the problems were there and still are there. Illegal is Illegal.

Why do they think post-poning the "allegation/lawsuit" will solve anything? Ok...let's wait until after Jan. to submit the "allegations", let's say hell freezes over and HICP gets "candidate status". HICP still broke laws. This move is to sway the "students who submitted the complaints" to reverse their complaints. After seeing that the school recieved "candidate status", some "students" that are against the school will change sides.

The DCCA acts on the behalf of the "general public" based on complaints it recieves, so if you did "retract" your complaint, the lawsuit will still go through and HICP will still get "shut down"

New Rumor/Fact:

I heard some new stuff that's been floating around....that HICP will be "sold" or "transfer" to another "owner". Since the lawsuit only states Criswell and Monroe as part of PES as defendents, some "people/students" believe that "transfering" HICP over to someone else will save the school for the lawsuit.

I personally don't think this is legally possible, anyone know for sure?

ucrsandstorm said:
Just curious? How did you hear about HICP and its recent problems? Well if you know students from the class I would suggest you call and talk to them. See how they are doing and how they are coping with the situation. I'm sure good friends and positive moral support is need.

Thanks for your possitive attitude and willingness to help. Also thanks to all the great people on SDN who have contributed to this thread, pro or con. I'm sure it helped bring out the wrong doings of the school.

One was my friend, two were my cousins. So between the three, I got a fairly good picture of the situation.

Even from the get-go, I noticed there was a huge problem acquiring accreditation. Remediation is virtually unheard of in professional school. It's been done for mostly freshman who are making the transition from hich school to college. Even for pharmacy schools that have been around for several decades, they have limited their class size to at most... in the mid 100s. I believe this is a problem regarding the availability of rotation sites when students are ready for it in their final year.

The class size in Wyoming is around 50. As sparsely populated as Wyoming is, we still have problems securing in-state sites for 50 students. Out-of-state sites usually have a long-term association with the school to allow our students to come. Most of the other out-of-state sites usually give priority to the students from the pharmacy school in their state. As you can see, 240 students in Hawaii really have nowhere to go later.

It probably didn't take ACPE much time to decide to defer accreditation until all the problems were fixed.

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on it.

Regarding the question on the lawsuit by... sorry... I forgot who posted it...

I wouldn't be surprised if the state is suing both the school and the named people. Even if it is just the school, selling it wouldn't do a thing. First of all, it's not a corporation, so the direct owners are liable for any torts. If it is owned by multiple owners (pseudo-corporation), the owners at the time the torts are commited would be responsible.

It's like if you own a restaurant and gave someone food poisoning, you can't get away from the lawsuit by selling the restaurant to someone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
DoTheRightThing said:

Dao T.: The Spy Who Shagged Me

pham0100 said:
First of all, it's not a corporation, so the direct owners are liable for any torts. If it is owned by multiple owners (pseudo-corporation), the owners at the time the torts are commited would be responsible.

Sad, but PES is incorporated with outstanding shares, and hence, the owners' private properties are somewhat protected. The Bernie Ebber case, where the ex-CEO of Worldcom was stripped from some (not all) of his private properties, was an exception.

Bellato for dean? Is this the same Bellato that kicked/tossed a bag across the room when it tripped him? Are you guys nuts, him as dean??

lava2 said:
I remember everything you have just stated and I must say that all of the examples in your post did in fact occur.

I would like to express that Hasan really played with the emotions of HICP students. Does anyone else remember when he had asked us to raise our hands and say what we would be doing with the money we made after we graduated from HICP and became pharmacists. Now that I think about it, he used psychology on us the entire time we were there and is still doing it. He has mental issues built on greed and money.

3 - Remember the test question he gave us on his exam that talked about the "withdraw" situation w/ ACPE in early Jan. and the answer was that ACPE used "coercive power" on HICP AND this answer was based on his perspective bcuz he made the exam . . . he also said in front of the entire class that when they went to ACPE in January he felt like, in his opinion, they (ACPE) played the race card and were not treated like equals
4 - Making the whole class believe that he was in contact with Dr. Bruce Canaday to be our dean, when all he did was send an email . . . he never did tell us what Canaday's response was, but he sure made us cheer, clap and get excited
5 - Not letting the class know the real truth of why he was chosen to be interim dean instead of Dr. Miyahara . . . when in fact the LIBRARIAN announced to the whole class that Dr. Miyahara was chosen by majority decision via the executive committee to be the Interim dean, BUT it was over-ruled by YOU KNOW WHO!!!!!!!!
Contribute to the list if you would like . . . only FACTS that were verbally said to us please . . . there were so many unkept promises and misleading statements said to the HICP Students.

Can you document any of this stuff? Some of this is very interesting....I'd like to see the test question regarding the "Coercive Power" of ACPE. How unprofessional! And I'm sure that ACPE would like to hear about how they played the "race card" in not treating them as equals (by the way, apparently Mr. "I marched with MLK" Hasan doesn't realize that the reference to "playing the race card" is typically used in the reverse sense--i.e., people from typically "underserved minorities" groups getting advantages, not being disadvantaged)

It would also be interesting to know if Bruce Canaday was actually contacted (by the way, I don't think an email solicitation counts when you're recruiting for the chief executive officer of your pharmacy program--I can send an email to President Bush asking him to be my chaffeur, but I doubt that he'd take the offer seriously!)

Also, who's YOU KNOW WHO? I feel like I'm in a Harry Potter book and people are referring to Voldemort--I wasn't sure if you meant Monroe as He-who-must-not-be-named or someone else. (Does this make Belloto Snape?)

DoTheRightThing said:

HA HASAN The First and Last Emperor of Hawaii

"To those non HICP believer

I am writting this letter to show my support for Dr. Dao and my frustration to those who like to see the school going down. First of all, there is a fine line between group of people who take precaution step and those who just like to see the school down. For those who are in the second group:"you need some help!"
For those who still have hope in the school, I would like to tell you our school would not be down one way or another. I had hold my silence for a while because I had been gathering all my facts, and verify all the rumors from the media and all those non-HICP believers. I am not a spy or anything and I only see what I know. I won't tell what I know so those non-believer trash talk for fun.
For Con Artist, don't jump to conclusion that all the people who come back are stupid and have money to throw out, I can name a few people who are smarter than you and they try to find money to go to school. But I am not gonna go that low just for a cheap thrill. I just think everyone have a reason for their action and you should learn to respect people.
All I can tell you is verify what you scare or rumors that just floating around. Just check your source and you will find out. Don't listen to people and believe in what you know. All of those rumor about school are nothing but rumor. Once you know the truth, you would be laughing that all of your worry are nothing. If you need to know where to check, contact me. Use your common sense. It may be worry at first, but once everything sync in, you'll see why spectator are just spectator.

Sincerely

Tuan
"

Sounds like Tuan has some issues he needs to deal with. This proves what side he was and will always be one.

Tuan tells people that he's too old for going to another pharmacy school and that HICP is the only one he can go to. Sad huh?

Tuan and all those people who think HICP is their only way to get their Pharm D. Well, if it's not going to happen for you, it's not going to happen.

I don't want to get into Tuan because he has a dirty way of thinking (i.e. screwing people over for his benefit)

DoTheRightThing said:
"To those non HICP believer

I am writting this letter to show my support for Dr. Dao and my frustration to those who like to see the school going down. First of all, there is a fine line between group of people who take precaution step and those who just like to see the school down. For those who are in the second group:"you need some help!"
For those who still have hope in the school, I would like to tell you our school would not be down one way or another. I had hold my silence for a while because I had been gathering all my facts, and verify all the rumors from the media and all those non-HICP believers. I am not a spy or anything and I only see what I know. I won't tell what I know so those non-believer trash talk for fun.
For Con Artist, don't jump to conclusion that all the people who come back are stupid and have money to throw out, I can name a few people who are smarter than you and they try to find money to go to school. But I am not gonna go that low just for a cheap thrill. I just think everyone have a reason for their action and you should learn to respect people.
All I can tell you is verify what you scare or rumors that just floating around. Just check your source and you will find out. Don't listen to people and believe in what you know. All of those rumor about school are nothing but rumor. Once you know the truth, you would be laughing that all of your worry are nothing. If you need to know where to check, contact me. Use your common sense. It may be worry at first, but once everything sync in, you'll see why spectator are just spectator.

Sincerely

Tuan
"

Tuan is not the most honest person at HICP. He has was called into Dr. Miyahara's office one day about something in his computer that wasn't suppose to be there. Tuan L. was a former student of USN. He has told students that he's been through this before and everything if fine. There is nothing to worry about. Tuan L. made it to his 3rd year and mysteriously didn't finish the program.

Does anyone know what happend? Was he ever a student at USN?

lava2 said:

Hasan really knows how to play with students emotions & hope. Maybe because he is a special education teacher who used to deal with gang students and is a master of psychology. I remember he once said to students' face that beside hicp they would have no hope in any other pharmacy schools. That if he were them, he would not give up what they have invested into hicp so far, money, time, hope, pride, etc., and stick to the school whatever happened...

When they announced the new plan to split the class into two with the second half having to repeat year 1 and pay for it, his associate dean Dr A told the class that as a student she would "jump at the opportunities" while warning students that hicp will raise the admission standard for the following years, more prerequisites and PCAT will be needed. It's because if students choose to defer, when they come back, they will have to satisfy the new requirements. That really make some students "jump at the opportunity" and don't have time to realize that they are being raped! Later on, when the **** hits the fan and lawsuit is imminent, Hasan announced those who have to repeat year 1 won't have to pay for it, and they will also waive the PCAT requirement, some students believe they've reached paradise thanks to the great Hasan and his associates. See how Hasan recruits supporters/believers? It's like a merchant who raises his prices and you would be happy if he gives you a small discount.

Other tactics are telling students who failed classes and "keep it between us and the four walls" that they all will pass and there will be no summer class, meaning they won't have to stay and pay $3,500 for each class they failed that to be retaken in summer. Again, students are in paradise! And note that he never announces all of this officially, as it is a serious violation of the students handbook. Nothing is in black and white. The same goes when all the good professors quit/are fired one after another, never an official annoucement or explanation.

Oh, and the game of first and second 100 groups. You are in second group? want to go into first group? why not kissing his ***, can't the great hasan do everything: changing your grades, pumping you up to whatever group you like? There is more, propaganda, rumor, etc., that's why you see so many "believers" or "converters" recently ...

I am sure that deep in their hearts, those robbers/*****s have no pity/respect for those poor students who are so desperate that they choose to close their eyes before their unethical behavior, to be deaf at all their threats/insults and swallow all their sufferings of the past year, to back-stab their fellow students, to save this so-called "school", as long as they can get their Pharm D degree.

So you have an idea of who their supporters/believers are? They may also make the "founding class" of hicp, accredited or not, we'll see.

By the way, if I'm not mistaken, this Dao also chose to defer? Why doesn't he go back and pays his master if he's such a believer?

hicphelp said:
Hasan really knows how to play with students emotions & hope. Maybe because he is a special education teacher who used to deal with gang students and is a master of psychology. I remember he once said to students' face that beside hicp they would have no hope in any other pharmacy schools. That if he were them, he would not give up what they have invested into hicp so far, money, time, hope, pride, etc., and stick to the school whatever happened...

When they announced the new plan to split the class into two with the second half having to repeat year 1 and pay for it, his associate dean Dr A told the class that as a student she would "jump at the opportunities" while warning students that hicp will raise the admission standard for the following years, more prerequisites and PCAT will be needed. It's because if students choose to defer, when they come back, they will have to satisfy the new requirements. That really make some students "jump at the opportunity" and don't have time to realize that they are being raped! Later on, when the **** hits the fan and lawsuit is imminent, Hasan announced those who have to repeat year 1 won't have to pay for it, and they will also waive the PCAT requirement, some students believe they've reached paradise thanks to the great Hasan and his associates. See how Hasan recruits supporters/believers? It's like a merchant who raises his prices and you would be happy if he gives you a small discount.

Other tactics are telling students who failed classes and "keep it between us and the four walls" that they all will pass and there will be no summer class, meaning they won't have to stay and pay $3,500 for each class they failed that to be retaken in summer. Again, students are in paradise! And note that he never announces all of this officially, as it is a serious violation of the students handbook. Nothing is in black and white. The same goes when all the good professors quit/are fired one after another, never an official annoucement or explanation.

Oh, and the game of first and second 100 groups. You are in second group? want to go into first group? why not kissing his ***, can't the great hasan do everything: changing your grades, pumping you up to whatever group you like? There is more, propaganda, rumor, etc., that's why you see so many "believers" or "converters" recently ...

I am sure that deep in their hearts, those robbers/*****s have no pity/respect for those poor students who are so desperate that they choose to close their eyes before their unethical behavior, to be deaf at all their threats/insults and swallow all their sufferings of the past year, to back-stab their fellow students, to save this so-called "school", as long as they can get their Pharm D degree.

So you have an idea of who their supporters/believers are? They may also make the "founding class" of hicp, accredited or not, we'll see.

By the way, if I'm not mistaken, this Dao also chose to defer? Why doesn't he go back and pays his master if he's such a believer?

I would say SDN is great Venting Session. Don't you all agree? SDN has helped us get our frustrations out and remember different things.

Good thing I have a good head of my shoulder to know that I see that students should be treated with RESPECT.

I can't wait to see how the DCCA is going to execute their lawsuit.

hicphelp said:
there will be no summer class, meaning they won't have to stay and pay $3,500 for each class they failed that to be retaken in summer.

$3500 to remediate in the summer? If you can remediate 5 blocks in the summer that would equal $17,500! That's ridiculous. Why is HICP summer remediation not included in the tuition? So one could theoretically pay up to $46,000 a year to attend HICP? Did students know this when they applied and were accepted?

Everyone, please use your best judgment when posting about HICP.

It is the goal of SDN to encourage open and healthy discussion and debate in all matters related to health care and health care education.

However, it is important to stick to documented facts and avoid postings which could be considered unfounded or libelous.

Thanks!

JTD1972 said:
$3500 to remediate in the summer? If you can remediate 5 blocks in the summer that would equal $17,500! That's ridiculous. Why is HICP summer remediation not included in the tuition? So one could theoretically pay up to $46,000 a year to attend HICP? Did students know this when they applied and were accepted?
So there's at least one thing that they didn't rip off from USN. At USN summer remediation is included in the tuition--the philosophy being that remediation is a key component to the learning process (by the way students must achieve 90% or better on ALL exams at USN, not an average) and therefore, should be covered in the tuition paid for that year. Also, there is much educational literature to back up the fact that learning occurs at different rates and more efficiently with different inputs in different students. Therefore, why penalize students who have different learning styles? Learning is not a horse-race. In traditional systems, nobody goes back and reviews the stuff you got wrong on a test and then retests you to make sure you know it. Think about it--if passing is 70% and someone passes at that level, then isn't there 30% that student couldn't demonstrate mastery of?

pham0100 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the state is suing both the school and the named people. Even if it is just the school, selling it wouldn't do a thing. First of all, it's not a corporation, so the direct owners are liable for any torts. If it is owned by multiple owners (pseudo-corporation), the owners at the time the torts are commited would be responsible.

It's like if you own a restaurant and gave someone food poisoning, you can't get away from the lawsuit by selling the restaurant to someone else.

I would beg to differ on the corporation status:

https://esos.state.nv.us/SOSServices/AnonymousAccess/CorpSearch/CorpDetails.aspx?CorpID=478003

DoTheRightThing said:
New Rumor/Fact:

I heard some new stuff that's been floating around....that HICP will be "sold" or "transfer" to another "owner". Since the lawsuit only states Criswell and Monroe as part of PES as defendents, some "people/students" believe that "transfering" HICP over to someone else will save the school for the lawsuit.

maybe harry rosenberg will end up buying it and finally make HICP a "priority".
what do you think dr.lisi?

Dr. No said:

Dr. No, you are kidding right? Why in the world would Harry Rosenberg want anything to do with HICP, he made an OFFICIAL statement that he has nothing to do with it. And why in the world would ANYONE in their RIGHT mind want to buy HICP?

It's like buying a boat. If you're gonna to buy one, you're going to buy a new one or one that atleast works. Buying HICP, is like buying a boat with no engine, no sail, has leaks and holes in it. You have to spend time and money trying to fix and repair it...and after that, you aren't guaranteed that it will work or not.

If Harry Rosenberg wanted another school, he would open a new one...one that he build, one with a clean reputation, one without legal problems.

I honestly don't think two pharmacy schools in Hawaii can exist.

I did not see anyone mention this before, but UH JABSOM, the only medical school in Hawaii, had problems with accreditation about a few years ago too. The school was already accredited, but the Liaison Committee on Medical Education was going to put it on probation. It had problems with funding, faculty (lack of them), and its curriculum. The medical school only graduated about 60 students each year.

If Hawaii is only graduating 60 MDs each year, I don't see there being two pharmacy schools churning out pharmacists. Who's going write the prescription you fill? If HICP suceeds, then what is the point of using Hawaiian tax dollars to build a school at Hilo?

Dr. No said:
Magic 8 ball says....."not likely"

I heard "unofficially" announced (basically out of his mouth), that he has EVIDENCE that Harry Rosenberg WAS/IS affliated with HICP, and that he will disclouse the information/evidence at the "APPROPRIATE TIME"

It's funny, Hasan ALWAYS uses "We will do things at the appropriate time." When the heck is is the appropriate time? Whenever we are free? When everything is too late? The article that Harry Rosenberg DENIED any AFFLIATION to HICP at ANY time was out since last week, and if Hasan really has solid proof, then you would want to release it ASAP.

It's also funny how "believers" (believers and non-believers is the newly coined termed to describe the specific groups), don't see the logic. Even if Harry Rosenberg had an affliation with HICP at the beginnig and lost it. HICP DIDN'T inform the students that we weren't anymore...it would still been misleading. And IF Harry Rosenberg was affliated with HICP, then why did HICP remove his name from the updated Student Catalog? So it doesn't matter how HICP tries to explain it, they still end up at FAULT.

DoTheRightThing said:
I heard "unofficially" announced (basically out of his mouth), that he has EVIDENCE that Harry Rosenberg WAS/IS affliated with HICP, and that he will disclouse the information/evidence at the "APPROPRIATE TIME"

Regardless of whatever evidence he thinks he has about being affiliated with Rosenberg, it does not address the charge about being affiliated with USN. Rosenberg answers to a Board of Trustees just like any other president, I sincerely doubt they would've been too happy if this supposed affiliation was true.

lisi said:
Magic 8 ball says....."not likely"

Does your magic 8 ball say anything about why rosenberg failed to develop the nursing program?

DoTheRightThing said:

It's funny, Hasan ALWAYS uses "We will do things at the appropriate time." When the heck is is the appropriate time? Whenever we are free? When everything is too late? The article that Harry Rosenberg DENIED any AFFLIATION to HICP at ANY time was out since last week, and if Hasan really has solid proof, then you would want to release it ASAP.

It's also funny how "believers" (believers and non-believers is the newly coined termed to describe the specific groups), don't see the logic. Even if Harry Rosenberg had an affliation with HICP at the beginnig and lost it. HICP DIDN'T inform the students that we weren't anymore...it would still been misleading. And IF Harry Rosenberg was affliated with HICP, then why did HICP remove his name from the updated Student Catalog? So it doesn't matter how HICP tries to explain it, they still end up at FAULT.
He doesn't have evidence. If he did, he would of said it long time before. This is just a ploy to comfort students to think they are not the ones telling mis-truths. It's pretty obvious Hasan plays dirty mind games with people. Then again, he holds a degree in Special Education, so he should be a master at mind games. Considering how many people are staying at the school insisting on the facts that have been presented by Hasan, I would give Hasan "Master" status at mind games.

RxGuy said:

I stand corrected. I wasn't sure exactly what the business status was when I wrote that. I'm not sure how the corporate business laws apply. Perhaps someone else has more knowledge on this.

Regardless, it's only a rumor that they are selling the school to avoid the lawsuit. Is there any proof of this actually happening?

Please stop posting e-mails sent to you by other students regarding your activities. We would not allow students from other schools to post things sent privately by their classmates, nor is it acceptable from HICP students. This behavior is unprofessional and does not foster a collegial environment for discussion. Also, because many of the students whose e-mails are posted are members of this board, calling them out online is a TOS violation.

From this point on we are going to assume that each of your classmates is a forum member and enforce the TOS accordingly. If you have intrapersonal issues, please take them up elsewhere. This is not a place for you to talk smack about your classmates or to make personal attacks on them. If a post is designed soley to antagonize or hurt another person, it does not belong here.

Please PM me or another moderator if you have any questions about the Terms of Service, or what constitutes an acceptable post. If you see a bad post, please do not hesitate to report it using the "Report Bad Post"
report.gif
function.

Thank you.

- Anna :)

JTD1972 said:

The $3,500 summer remediation class was announced orally towards year end. By then HICP kind of adopted a policy of nothing in black and white. Their announcements, affiliation with such schools, plan A, plan B, pay, don't pay, etc. were only made orally by Hasan during the town hall meetings. Perhaps they don't know what they are doing, and that way it would be much easier for them to change policy on the go, or anytime they need to play a new game with students.

WARNING! WARNING!

Hasan is calling students to convince/trick/persuade them to come back to HICP. He is promising students from bottom 31 and bottom 100 that they will be in top 100. He is probably doing this because not too many students from original top 100 are coming back. Man this guy is a DEAN...why is he so unethical. It's gotten to the point where I think he's just stupid.

H.A. Hasan...stop trying to save HICP by calling students and convincing them to come back. Not only are you making HICP look bad, the students look bad, PES look bad, but you're making yourself look bad.

You call people from the bottom 31 group and you tell them that if they agree to come back they will be placed in the top 100. Why? So they can hand you another $28,000. Don't you know that you are the dean and a "normal" dean DOES NOT do these kinds of thing. Don't you have an action lawsuit against you, what are you thinking?

WHEN WILL WE GET TO THE THE NEW and AWESOME HICP Website?

Dr. No said:
Does your magic 8 ball say anything about why rosenberg failed to develop the nursing program?
The nursing accrediting agencies require regional accreditation. USN is going through the process for regional accreditation. Consequently, further development for a USN nursing program can't move forward until regional accreditation moves forward.

lisi said:
The nursing accrediting agencies require regional accreditation. USN is going through the process for regional accreditation. Consequently, further development for a USN nursing program can't move forward until regional accreditation moves forward.
I guess Dr Rosenberg doesn't throw accreditation to the wind like some other schools :rolleyes:

Dr. No: What are your intentions? You seem to be digging or suggesting something.

Has anyone looked into sending complaints to the CA/HI State Board for the Pharmacist currently working at HICP? I believe someone had a previous post regarding this issue (Pharmacist engaging in unethical behavior or working in unethical/illegal environments).
If this is possible based on these grounds how do you go about filing a complaint,etc. against the Pharmacists' license?
Thanks

Update from HICP dean of student affairs:

To all faculty, staff, and students:

At this point the office of the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs has obtained a temporary restraining order and motion for preliminary injunction from the court that drastically restricts the operation of our College. On Wednesday, August 10th, the Hawaii state judge will decide if the DCCA’s temporary restraining order will continue or be modified. Below is Dean Hasan’s statement:

“It is unfortunate that the state Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA) has taken this action. We look forward to the scheduled court date for the motion for preliminary injunction.”

As mentioned before, students’ deposits, tuitions, and fees are placed in an escrow account. Everything is still as scheduled including the start of classes, payment due dates, and submission of ACPE application. We will keep you informed of the status of HICP next Wednesday or next Thursday. Thank you.

Caverject said:
I wonder why he is looking forward to being "punked" out....

To make it look like he has nothing to hide but punks out late in the game.

Caverject said:
I wonder why he is looking forward to being "punked" out....
that is, IF he shows up, that coward. I bet it will just be the clueless attorney again who doesnt know anything. "payments from students are still on schedule" OF COURSE THEY ARE!! lmao

I really hope this judge upholds the injunction and makes it permanent, close the door on this whole mess, get us some of our money back and dont ruin any more lives.

Posted: August 3, 2005 06:07 PM

State Freezes Pharmacy College Assets
The Associated Press

The state put a temporary freeze on the assets of an unaccredited private pharmacy college in West Oahu today.

Steve Levins of the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs says the freeze could ultimately help the state recover tuition paid by students at the Hawaii College of Pharmacy in Kapolei.

The freeze remains in effect at least until an August 10th hearing, when the court is scheduled to decide whether to extend it.

Last month, the department filed a lawsuit against the college, alleging unfair and deceptive business practices. According to the lawsuit, the college misled students about the accreditation process, failed to make statutory disclosures and illegally accepted payments.

The dean of the private school responded today by saying he's looking forward to their day in court.

http://kgmb9.com/kgmb/display.cfm?storyID=5607&sid=1183

Why were the assets only recently frozen? Was there a recent proposed movement by Criswell and Monroe? Has anyone seen them recently?

Dr. No said:
Posted: August 3, 2005 06:07 PM

State Freezes Pharmacy College Assets
The Associated Press

The state put a temporary freeze on the assets of an unaccredited private pharmacy college in West Oahu today.

Steve Levins of the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs says the freeze could ultimately help the state recover tuition paid by students at the Hawaii College of Pharmacy in Kapolei.

The freeze remains in effect at least until an August 10th hearing, when the court is scheduled to decide whether to extend it.

Last month, the department filed a lawsuit against the college, alleging unfair and deceptive business practices. According to the lawsuit, the college misled students about the accreditation process, failed to make statutory disclosures and illegally accepted payments.

The dean of the private school responded today by saying he's looking forward to their day in court.

http://kgmb9.com/kgmb/display.cfm?storyID=5607&sid=1183

lava2 said:
Has anyone looked into sending complaints to the CA/HI State Board for the Pharmacist currently working at HICP? I believe someone had a previous post regarding this issue (Pharmacist engaging in unethical behavior or working in unethical/illegal environments).
If this is possible based on these grounds how do you go about filing a complaint,etc. against the Pharmacists' license?
Thanks

That is a good is Lava2. The pharmacist currently workign at HICP could have there license revoked if they in unethical behavior or working in unethical/illegal environments.

Here is to get things going http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/consumers/complaint_info.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.