Pacific U - Roll Call and Info thread...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20th interview here also and i haven't heard anything. Most likely everyone will find out in little over 2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what exact day in Aguest the classes at Pacific U would sart?

Does anyone know what exact day in Aguest the classes at Pacific U would sart?

Well, according to the Curriculum link on their website, the P2s start classes 8/27. I would guess P1s start that day or maybe the previous Monday, 8/20, with a week of orientation or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be interviewing on the Feb. 10th. I am staying at the Holiday Inn express---anyone doing the same??? Has anyone done this???

For those of you who flew into Portland...What did everyone do for fun after the interview? Stay in Hillsboro or head to Portland--

Good luck to everyone interviewing and waiting!!!

Waddup Shawr! My name is Devang and I'm also interviewing on the 10th and staying at the Holiday Express Inn. From what I've gathered, I think any sort of fun will be in Portland. Let's link up and do something that night or even the night before the interview. I gotta stay until the evening of the 11th.

Anyone know what the avg stats were for those that were accepted last year?

I submitted my application mid november, and when I called they told me that my application is incomplete until I send my fall transcript. I send my transcript but so far I haven't heard anything. Forget pharmacy school I will be a physician assistant.

I submitted my application mid november, and when I called they told me that my application is incomplete until I send my fall transcript. I send my transcript but so far I haven't heard anything. Forget pharmacy school I will be a physician assistant.

Now that shows a committment to your profession!

So I am sitting in the library - studying for plant diversity - and I can't help but think of the ADCOM now weighing the applicants and deciding our fates...

How mellow dramatic is that??? I just dont feel like studying right now - Hopefully we all hear some good news in the next couple of weeks - does anyone know how they are contacting the acceptees? For that matter - how are they contacting the rejectees?

Vanessa said that they give a detail analysis of your application, and ideas for improvement if you get rejected - any word on whether or not this practice will continue.

Oh - and on a side note - is anyone from the November / September interviews still waiting?

~above~

Does Pacific have any remaining interview dates? If they are done interviewing, I hope everyone hears soon! Good luck Above!

Does Pacific have any remaining interview dates? If they are done interviewing, I hope everyone hears soon! Good luck Above!

Pharm47,

If I recall correctly they just did their last interview day this past Saturday! I too hope everyone hears soon!

And ~above~ I too wish you the best! With Pharm and I having other options you may just well soon inherit one of our seats...:) Best wishes!

PacificU Pharm is great!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I am sitting in the library - studying for plant diversity - and I can't help but think of the ADCOM now weighing the applicants and deciding our fates...

How mellow dramatic is that??? I just dont feel like studying right now - Hopefully we all hear some good news in the next couple of weeks - does anyone know how they are contacting the acceptees? For that matter - how are they contacting the rejectees?

Vanessa said that they give a detail analysis of your application, and ideas for improvement if you get rejected - any word on whether or not this practice will continue.

Oh - and on a side note - is anyone from the November / September interviews still waiting?

~above~

I interviewed October 28 (first interview) and I'm still waiting!! Anyone else in the same boat?

are we suppose to send in our fall transcripts? buz i didn't do that yet...

I was at the 2nd interview (Nov)... and im still waiting...

I sent mines in about 2 weeks ago, the same time the PharmCAS Academic Update was due. I just assumed that they'd want it as soon as grades are up, just like the other schools.

Janelle sent me an email - just asking that the registrar send an official to Pacific. I would assume thats all you need. Lisa - your not alone - from the responses I have received in the past few days.

There are a bunch of us in the same boat - some are just shy about posting.

The Feb 10th was the last interview date - and they said we should know our standing by the end of the month. We will just have to sit tight. :oops:

~above~

Above,
waiting sucks. I was expecting letter next week but still checking my mail box everyday lol.
It would be sad if i have to wait until the end of feb. Dont want to. lol
Anyway, i am very anxious to hear from them.
Are you waiting to hear from some other schools as well??
ray

Above,
waiting sucks. I was expecting letter next week but still checking my mail box everyday lol.
It would be sad if i have to wait until the end of feb. Dont want to. lol
Anyway, i am very anxious to hear from them.
Are you waiting to hear from some other schools as well??
ray

not really - I only paid to apply to UF and pacific - Uf has a cutoff of 80 comp on the PCAT - and I have a 79. Pacific is where I really want to go - if I dont get it this year - then it will happen the next. My GPA is pretty high - and next year i will have my BS.

I am just hoping for the best... but still planning for the worse :(

~above~

Hey, so we are suppose to send our updated transcript eh? You think its kind of late to send it still or what? I didnt really follow up with my application since I didnt hear anything from them since beginning of November...

Hey, so we are suppose to send our updated transcript eh? You think its kind of late to send it still or what? I didnt really follow up with my application since I didnt hear anything from them since beginning of November...

Send it ASAP. Especially if you received A's this past Fall. They're literally reviewing everyone's file right now so I assume anythin positive will only help.

I gave Pacific U a call today and Diane (from admissions) said "the letters will be mailed out today and tomorrow."

She went on to say most people will learn of their status with Pacific U by early next week.

As to the question about transcripts - absolutely turn them in. It will let them know where you stand. If you are waitlisted, it may still be a factor.

Hopefully we will all get some good news... we shall soon see.

~above~

I gave Pacific U a call today and Diane (from admissions) said "the letters will be mailed out today and tomorrow."

She went on to say most people will learn of their status with Pacific U by early next week.

As to the question about transcripts - absolutely turn them in. It will let them know where you stand. If you are waitlisted, it may still be a factor.

Hopefully we will all get some good news... we shall soon see.

~above~
Thank you very much Above, i was thinking about giving a call as well. Now i will wait until next week before spending money on airtickets for other interview. LOL. I wish i could have delayed my interview at USN by one more week.

Thank you very much Above, i was thinking about giving a call as well. Now i will wait until next week before spending money on airtickets for other interview. LOL. I wish i could have delayed my interview at USN by one more week.

Would you choose Pacific over USN? Both schools are good in my opinion - but USN is already accredited - which is a big advantage. I think Gssincom has already chosen to reliquinsh her spot in the class to take a seat over at USN.

Either way - we should know something more about our status with Pacific by the close of next week.

~above~

P.S. - I hope its a good letter...

Hello everybody, Do you know how PU will let us know about our status?Will they call us if they want to grant us acceptance??????????

The last couple of groups to be accepted received a letter in the mail. They were not called - as that was something special Vanessa did.

One thing I would like to know is how big the letter was. Was it sent in a typical mail letter, or rather a large, 8.5 x 11 envelope?

~above~

The last couple of groups to be accepted received a letter in the mail. They were not called - as that was something special Vanessa did.

One thing I would like to know is how big the letter was. Was it sent in a typical mail letter, or rather a large, 8.5 x 11 envelope?

~above~

8.5 x 11 envelope. Enclosed is an acceptance letter, a Pacific U folder with more papers for your deposit and info on the school, and a cheesy certificate that says you are officially accepted into the c/o 2010 at PU. Good luck everyone and hope majority of the seats go to SDN folks.

Thanks Eddie and Above for the information...I have been wondering what to expect in the mail myself. So if a small envelope comes in the mail from PU, then I'll know right away what it is. Of course, I hope it's a big envelope!!!

I've been checking my mail everyday since October!! Good luck everyone and definitely update us when you receive your letters. :)

Oh nice... they mail out acceptance letters... nice to know that. Now I got to remember what address I used for my mailing address. I also just sent in my transcript today, maybe im a little late for it since they are letting people know their status in a day or 2.

Good luck everybody!!! I hope all of you guys can get into the school! :)

As always gents - thanks for posting the info. Why does it seem like the less time you have to wait, the longer time takes to get there...

Man - a big envelope would sure be nice ;)

Well here is to hoping - :thumbup:

~above~

Good luck to all of you as well! Mailed out today or tomorrow!! I'm very anxious I must say. Do you know if we are waitlisted will we just get a letter with where we stand on the waitlist?
Well back to writing a paper to kill time. The mail man better watch out for me, I might give him a big hug if I see a big envelope and I might yell at him otherwise. haha
tata everyone and goodluck!:) :)

Oh gosh I'm getting really nervous. Everything feels tingly from the thought of opening that letter. Good luck everyone, I hope we all get in!!!!!!!!!!

Got my letter from pacific today. It was a small envelope :( But at least I'm on the waitlist. Number 5 baby. Not to encourage anyone else not to accept but it would be sweet if 5 people had better options and didn't go :D Good luck everyone who is still waiting. I'm sure we will be hearing from you soon.

Got my letter from pacific today. It was a small envelope :( But at least I'm on the waitlist. Number 5 baby. Not to encourage anyone else not to accept but it would be sweet if 5 people had better options and didn't go :D Good luck everyone who is still waiting. I'm sure we will be hearing from you soon.

As #5, you are in great shape!

Anyone else get their letters?!? Seth?

I was at the Nov. 18th interview. I live in beaverton though so the mail doesn't have to far to go to get to me.

RACH!!! CONGRATS!!! I know of two awesome ladies that might not attend Pacific - so #5 is a pretty good place to be...

As for me - no letter yet :( Rach Lives pretty close to you Pharm if I remember correctly (Oregon for sure) - Orlando, FL is a bit further. I checked my mail as soon as I arrived home. Sigh - perhaps monday.

I am really happy for you Rach - I am not feeling to good about my situation right now - but I cant help be happy for others - congrats

~above~

RACH!!! CONGRATS!!! I know of two awesome ladies that might not attend Pacific - so #5 is a pretty good place to be...

As for me - no letter yet :( Rach Lives pretty close to you Pharm if I remember correctly (Oregon for sure) - Orlando, FL is a bit further. I checked my mail as soon as I arrived home. Sigh - perhaps monday.

I am really happy for you Rach - I am not feeling to good about my situation right now - but I cant help be happy for others - congrats

~above~

Thanks above. I know I'm not in yet but I feel a little better now at least knowing where I stand. There's still hope.

As for the letter I don't actually know. It was sent to my parents address because that was my permanent address on my application. My mom called me and told me it came and all I asked was if it was a big or small envelope. Scared me when she said small. I really wanted to open it myself but I couldn't wait. I'm gonna go pick it up tomorrow though so I'll let you know.

Hope you get yours monday so you don't have to wait any longer. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply Rach - I am feeling... you know - Im not quite sure - But I think I am going to get a little intoxicated tonight (screw the test on monday - ill study later)

~above~

No mail today... I feel whoozy all over. I don't think the rest of us will get mail until Tuesday at the earliest, since Monday is President's day. I just want to be on the waitlist at the very least. Does anyone know the typical max capacity for the waitlist?

My friend who interviewed on Jan 20th heard on 2/12/07...I'm so jealous..she got accepted

Hey guys! I got my acceptance letter today and it was in a small envelope so if you do see a small envelope in the mail, don't give up hope =)

Congrats, rani!!! Which interview did you go to?? I wonder if anyone from 1/27 has heard anything.

Thanks! I was at the last interview date on February 10. Good luck!

hey, its been a long time since i came to this forum, but i just wanted to say good luck with everything. and that i know that whatever happens, DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE. if its not this year, then it will be next year.

to those who got accepted, congrats. i think you will really enjoy the school and what they have to offer.

for those still waiting, dont give up the fight til its official and even then, just keep at it til you get in somewhere. i have hope that every person who applies has a shot at some school, even if its not pacific. who knows, maybe you were destined to go to another school and will thrive better there than at pacific.

take cares you guys. and ill be rooting for ya, even if i dont show up on the forums as much anymore.

Wake up guys. We might be getting letter this week. I wish most of them would go to SDNers. Lets keep updating our status once we hear back from Pacific University. Crossing my fingers....
Ray

Wake up guys. We might be getting letter this week. I wish most of them would go to SDNers. Lets keep updating our status once we hear back from Pacific University. Crossing my fingers....
Ray

Hey Ray - we're awake man (I dont think many could "forget" what will be delivered this week) - but other parts of life must still go on. Personally, I have a test today, along with 3 classes. Today is also President's Day - so no mail for anyone. I am expecting the letter either tomorrow or Wednesday - so this thread should be getting a whole lot of activity on Tuesday and Wednesday...

Keeping the faith - no matter what I get

~above~

Status
Not open for further replies.