Pacific University - 2008 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ya that's actually my biggest concern about this school.. also the fact that they've never gradded any students so it's hard to tell what's the naplex rates

u gotta take some risks w/ newer schools :S

but congrats on ur Western acceptance.. u're probably like "IN UR FACE PACIFIC" haha

Not quite haha... Although part me of feels that the rejection had nothing to do with my grades, experience, or interview... it was something else that they were looking for that i didn't have.

I wouldn't worry about Naplex. if you can pass every exam with a 90%, I am sure naplex will not be that bad. I do hear about people having problems with the law exam. I know some people who go to USN, and then all pass naplex (97% passing rate), but i know one dude who failed the california law exam twice.

PacificU, like all the school has problems. From what I heard, the pharmacy school does not have labs, does not conduct research (i believe most schools do), no student parking, and sends students to pharm the day before exams...

But, pharm is my goal and I'd even go to alaska if they had a pharm school. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. Did all of you receive an email confirmation stating that your file is complete? I finally turned my app in 11/12 (yes I procrastinated), and have not received any confirmation. I guess I should try to give them a call after the holidays. On the positive side, I did receive an interview invite to UCSD :D today, hence the reason for coming onto SDN...

Not quite haha... Although part me of feels that the rejection had nothing to do with my grades, experience, or interview... it was something else that they were looking for that i didn't have.

Any idea or thoughts what they are looking for in their applicants?

One of the concerns about Pacific U is the rotations are not set up. The assitent dean said that some student might have to travel up to 100 miles for some rotations.

What do you mean, the student has to go out and set them up for themselves?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea or thoughts what they are looking for in their applicants?

What do you mean, the student has to go out and set them up for themselves?

If I knew, I'd proly wouldn't be rejected.

No, I never said that. But the assistnt dean said that some might have to travel up to 100 miles to their rotation for 6 weeks or something.

I stayed in Mariott. They drove me and picked me up. Offered to drive me anywhere in the 5 mile radius. It is also very close to the max, like two blocks away.

Thanks for the info!! Is the Marriott close to the school? How long did it take to get to the school from there? My interview is nearing and I need to book fast!! :D

Good luck to everyone! :D

Thanks for the info!! Is the Marriott close to the school? How long did it take to get to the school from there? My interview is nearing and I need to book fast!! :D

Good luck to everyone! :D

They drove me. It's about 3 miles away. The hotel drives u anywhere in the 5 mile radius as long as you let them ahead of time. Ask them abt it when you call to book.

I don't know if it's the cheapest or best place to stay, but i was very satisfied as i was able to get to the hotel by train.

don't make the same mistake that i made by booking two nights. Ask the hotel people to store ur stuff for u. Interview should not end later the 3-4. Proly much earlier. Book the latest flight u can find, and u can take the max (train) straight to the airport.

Also, make sure u tell everyone that u're going to Pacific U in Hillsboro. Everyone thinks that Pacific U is only in Forest Grove.

good luck

They drove me. It's about 3 miles away. The hotel drives u anywhere in the 5 mile radius as long as you let them ahead of time. Ask them abt it when you call to book.

I don't know if it's the cheapest or best place to stay, but i was very satisfied as i was able to get to the hotel by train.

don't make the same mistake that i made by booking two nights. Ask the hotel people to store ur stuff for u. Interview should not end later the 3-4. Proly much earlier. Book the latest flight u can find, and u can take the max (train) straight to the airport.

Also, make sure u tell everyone that u're going to Pacific U in Hillsboro. Everyone thinks that Pacific U is only in Forest Grove.

good luck

I just figured I do not belong at Pacific, too expensive, you know it.

Also the location -> freezing cold !!! Who would want to go here?

good luck

Thanks!!!:D

Should I be worried? Should I assume I'm on hold? I submitted my application by the priority deadline and I have neither received a interview invite or a rejection letter. Anyone in the same boat?

Hey choylifut I am in the same boat. I have neither been rejected or invited. I submitted by the priority deadline and they sent me an email in November saying that I am still being considered for later interview dates in January and February.

Hey choylifut I am in the same boat. I have neither been rejected or invited. I submitted by the priority deadline and they sent me an email in November saying that I am still being considered for later interview dates in January and February.
hi blackstar,

it's a relief i'm not the last man standing in this situation but I didn't get an email saying I'll be considered. :mad:

Oh well...I plan to call Lonnie when they return from winter break.

good luck to you, me and everyone else waiting. :luck:

hi blackstar,

it's a relief i'm not the last man standing in this situation but I didn't get an email saying I'll be considered. :mad:

Oh well...I plan to call Lonnie when they return from winter break.

good luck to you, me and everyone else waiting. :luck:

I'm in the boat with both of you..had my stuff turned in before priority, haven't been rejected nor invited for an interview, they have all my stuff and sent me a letter saying ill be considered for a later interview date..

Congrats to all of you who have received interviews...

Hope everyone had a good holiday season... we class up on the 2nd :( - so enjoy your holidays while you can, they are gonna get shorter soon.

~above~

oh - to the questions about rotations being 100 miles away - EVERY student has to do one rotation in a rural pharmacy setting - for us that is Bend, OR - 100 miles away... You will find in professional school - you just do what you got to do. I signed on, trusting Pacific to setup the program correctly and effectively - so far, they have - The rotations system wont be in full effect until this summer, so we shall see then how well it works.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I decided to turn down the interview offer for Pacific Univ..

I hope those of you still waiting for an interview offer will receive them soon! Good luck everyone. :)

Good news for you pacific apps:
I won't be accepting the interview offer, either. Good luck to y'all.

I can't wait for them to inform more potential interviewees; I'm getting very desperate. :D

Well good luck to all those who are still waiting...maybe those who denied will open up spots for all of you!!! :D

My interview is approaching!!!! :scared: I am so nervous!! :eek: I talked to Lonnie today about a few things....she is super nice and understanding!!! :D

Again....GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!! :D:D:D

Hi Everyone,

I thought I should revive this thread with some questions. I was wondering if someone from the Nov. interview (or current pharmacy students) share information regarding the actual interview, i.e. the breakdown of the day. How long is the interview and how much time do we have for the writing assessment. Is there an orientation prior to the interview? Why aren't pharmacy students allowed to interview? What time should I expect to leave the campus and will I be able to catch a flight that same day (or night). I booked a 8:15pm flight departing from PDX, will I have sufficient time to leave from campus, check in at the airport and make my scheduled flight?

How did you get from the airport (assuming PDX) to your hotel? Did you rent a car? take a cab?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone,

I thought I should revive this thread with some questions. I was wondering if someone from the Nov. interview (or current pharmacy students) share information regarding the actual interview, i.e. the breakdown of the day. How long is the interview and how much time do we have for the writing assessment. Is there an orientation prior to the interview? Why aren't pharmacy students allowed to interview? What time should I expect to leave the campus and will I be able to catch a flight that same day (or night). I booked a 8:15pm flight departing from PDX, will I have sufficient time to leave from campus, check in at the airport and make my scheduled flight?

How did you get from the airport (assuming PDX) to your hotel? Did you rent a car? take a cab?

Thanks in advance.

Well...I have my interview on Jan 26th (I forgot, is that your date too?). I talked to Lonnie and she said interviews start at 12 and go till 3 or 3:30pm so I think you should have plenty of time to hop on the MAX rail to the airport the same day. (That is what I'm doing). Also, I plan on using the MAX rail to get to and from the hotel (I think this will be the cheapest fare!)....hopefully I don't run into any problems!! :) Well, good luck to you!

Well...I have my interview on Jan 26th (I forgot, is that your date too?). I talked to Lonnie and she said interviews start at 12 and go till 3 or 3:30pm so I think you should have plenty of time to hop on the MAX rail to the airport the same day. (That is what I'm doing). Also, I plan on using the MAX rail to get to and from the hotel (I think this will be the cheapest fare!)....hopefully I don't run into any problems!! :) Well, good luck to you!

Where are you flying from? Are you flying on the same day as your interview? Good luck to you too! :)

Does Pacific U administer an open or closed file interview?

thank you!

Is there a group exercise as part of the interview?

Omg, just one more week for our interview, and I am freaking out of nervousness. Did you all get your outfits? girls, what are you planning on wearing? nd are you going to wear makeup, too? what about the hair? I dont know if I should have my hair up or down, what's more professional?

:hello:

Omg, just one more week for our interview, and I am freaking out of nervousness. Did you all get your outfits? girls, what are you planning on wearing? nd are you going to wear makeup, too? what about the hair? I dont know if I should have my hair up or down, what's more professional?

:hello:

Yep! Only a week left!! :scared: I have my outfit and I actually bought it before I knew that I had any interviews, but it has paid off! :D Also, I plan to wear very minimal make-up....you don't want to distract the interviewers with a clown face!! :laugh: I plan to pull my hair up/back out of my face...it seems to me that it is more professional than wearing it down. Well, good luck and I will see you there!! :D

Is there a group exercise as part of the interview?

3 parts to the interview

Interview (student and faculty ~approx 25 min each)
break
written essay ( 50 min)- dont worry about the topic -you just give your opinion on something.
break
Tour
Depending on what group you in, you will follow a particular order. and to answer your question everything is individual. Students are divided into groups , some go interview first , some write the essay first and some get the tour. I hope it helps.

3 parts to the interview

Interview (student and faculty ~approx 25 min each)
break
written essay ( 50 min)- dont worry about the topic -you just give your opinion on something.
break
Tour
Depending on what group you in, you will follow a particular order. and to answer your question everything is individual. Students are divided into groups , some go interview first , some write the essay first and some get the tour. I hope it helps.

Wrong thread. this is about PAcific U in Oregon. I know cause i went through both of these interviews. :)

any updates??? new interviews anytime soon??? =)

I am interviewing Saturday (Jan 26th)!!! I am getting nervous but I will have a day to relax because I will be there a day early!! :D Maybe I will tour the city and find the school (so I don't get lost in the morning:laugh:)...

Good luck to everyone!!:luck:

I am interviewing Saturday (Jan 26th)!!! I am getting nervous but I will have a day to relax because I will be there a day early!! :D Maybe I will tour the city and find the school (so I don't get lost in the morning:laugh:)...

Good luck to everyone!!:luck:

I'll be there Saturday as well! Good Luck to you and to everyone:)

I received an interview invitation today... but I am not going...

congrats on the interview:) When is it, if you don't mind sharing

congrats I got an interview on feb 16th too :)

Congrats to those who have earned interviews!!:)
I'm still hoping they will interview me. Does anyone know how many more interview sessions remain?

2/16...

omg i m nervous!!! I am going to have my hair tied too and yes you are right about the makeup (minimal). I will be reaching there Friday evening and will check out the campus like you. So where are you flying from?

gud luck to you too

Yep! Only a week left!! :scared: I have my outfit and I actually bought it before I knew that I had any interviews, but it has paid off! :D Also, I plan to wear very minimal make-up....you don't want to distract the interviewers with a clown face!! :laugh: I plan to pull my hair up/back out of my face...it seems to me that it is more professional than wearing it down. Well, good luck and I will see you there!! :D

omg i m nervous!!! I am going to have my hair tied too and yes you are right about the makeup (minimal). I will be reaching there Friday evening and will check out the campus like you. So where are you flying from?

gud luck to you too:thumbup: nd see you in a couple of hours (~36):)

Does any one of you know if we could carry a small bag/purse with us to the interview? If not then how are you guys planning on taking your cell phones.

Good Luck to all!!!

All who are getting interviewed on January 26th say I

O.K here is a tip that we didn't know when we had an interview. The interview doesn't take long. The latest lates could be around 3PM, but alot of people get it done way before that so you guys can leave the same day you don't have to pay for the hotl for friday and saturday.

Also you can take your suitcase to the school so you could leave right after the interview. They will get all the suitcases and give it back to you at the end.

so what do they ask you at the interview?

so what do they ask you at the interview?

Students who have already interviewed are not allowed to share that information on here, per prior posts by interviewed students.

Hey There,

Three days ago, I received an invitation to the Feb 16th interview. I had started being a bit afraid to check the mailbox when I got home at night since there might be a rejection letter in it. Now at least I get to go and interview. I got my application mailed in at about 8:20 pm the night by which had to be postmarked. So if anybody else sent their appl'n in at the very end, they do look at them and consider them seriously!

Who else out there will be at this interview? Thanks for all the posts you all have written. Good luck to everyone.

Becky

Hey There,

Three days ago, I received an invitation to the Feb 16th interview. I had started being a bit afraid to check the mailbox when I got home at night since there might be a rejection letter in it. Now at least I get to go and interview. I got my application mailed in at about 8:20 pm the night by which had to be postmarked. So if anybody else sent their appl'n in at the very end, they do look at them and consider them seriously!

Who else out there will be at this interview? Thanks for all the posts you all have written. Good luck to everyone.

Becky

Congrats to you!! I hope all works out for you guys interviewing next month.

Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd inform you guys that I'll be there on February 16.

Let me know when you guys plan on arriving in the area so I can make plans to meet some of you guys before the big day.

I wish everyone the best.

Take care.

Congratulations everyone! Good luck on your interviews!!!

Hi Everyone, I just joined SDN. I also got an interview for Feb. 16th. Will anyone be flying in on Feb 15th? And where are you planning to stay?