Pacific University - 2008 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations everyone for the interview, I just got back from the Saturday interview and I stayed at the marriot springhille suites. It was convenient and they have a shuttle that will take you to the interview Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone, I just joined SDN. I also got an interview for Feb. 16th. Will anyone be flying in on Feb 15th? And where are you planning to stay?

I will be there on the 15th also. I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express.

I just had my interview :eek:

I hope it went well :smuggrin:

One thing I didn't understand. Did Lonnie say that the latest we will hear by is mid March or will everyone find out by then?

Members don't see this ad :)
I understood her as we will all find out by mid-march

I'm thinking about staying at the Holiday Inn Express too! Did you ask for Pacific University rate?

Is anyone going to the Feb. 9th interview??

If so, I might see you there!

Hi all,

I was just wondering.. for those of you who stayed at the Red Lion, how did you get to the campus?

And did you guys take the MAX from the airport to get to the hotel?

Any tips would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

Hi all,

I was just wondering.. for those of you who stayed at the Red Lion, how did you get to the campus?

And did you guys take the MAX from the airport to get to the hotel?

Any tips would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

So if you are staying at Red Lion, MAX will take you from the airport and to the school. everything is within walking distance. bring an umbrella though

Members don't see this ad :)

how are you planning to get there from the airport? and how far is the Holiday Inn Express from campus?

how are you planning to get there from the airport? and how far is the Holiday Inn Express from campus?

I actually have decided to stay at the Red Lion. I plan to take the MAX from the airport to the hotel. I believe it is within 3 to 6 miles of the campus.

For those of you have decided to stay at Red Lions in Hillsboro and also will be taking the MAX, here's what I wrote from a couple of months ago:

Please bring a pair of tennis or walking shoes, especially, if you'll be doing some walking using the Max Light Rail. Note for the girls: my feet were killing me in heels! If you're using the MAX, purchase an all day $4.25 pass, otherwise a one-way trip each time will cost you $2.05. So save money if you can! If you decide to stay at Red Lions Hotel in Hillsboro, the only good thing is how close this hotel is to a MAX. You can get to the schoool in about 10min! It's really easy to use if you don't have a car or don't plan on renting a car in Oregon. The MAX can also help you get to and from PDX airport to Red Lions in Hillsboro. Just beware it takes about 2 hours from PDX to Hillsboro!! So please plan ahead.

Good job and good luck to everyone.

For those of us going for the interview on the 16th; but, coming in on the 15th. Do you guys/gals want to meet up and explore the area?

For those of us going for the interview on the 16th; but, coming in on the 15th. Do you guys/gals want to meet up and explore the area?

Where are you guys planning to stay? I am looking for a hotel that's close to the campus and easy access to the metro...im torn between red lion and the holiday inn express

Where are you guys planning to stay? I am looking for a hotel that's close to the campus and easy access to the metro...im torn between red lion and the holiday inn express

I have reservations at the Red Lion Hotel. They claim they will have someone there to drive us to the interview. If you make reservations there, make it a point to them that you'll also be wanting a ride.

It would really bother me if I depended on the shuttle to take us to the campus and the shuttle driver doesn't show up to work (on a Saturday) to drive us to the interview.

I wonder how long it would take to get to Pacifc University from the Red Lion Hotel on the MAX?

I have reservations at the Red Lion Hotel. They claim they will have someone there to drive us to the interview. If you make reservations there, make it a point to them that you'll also be wanting a ride.

It would really bother me if I depended on the shuttle to take us to the campus and the shuttle driver doesn't show up to work (on a Saturday) to drive us to the interview.

I wonder how long it would take to get to Pacifc University from the Red Lion Hotel on the MAX?

From the hotel to the campus, it is a ~10 min. ride (or even less!) using the MAX (choose the one going towards 'Hillsboro'). I think it was about 2 Max stops away. Get off on MAX stop 'Tuality Hospital/SE 8th Ave' and you'll see the HPC is very close within walking distance.

If using the MAX, I suggest getting a colorful Trimet map provided at the help information desk at the PDX Airport!

For those of us who interviewed on Jan 26th...has anyone heard anything yet?? I guess I am being impatient, but I am so excited (and nervous) to hear back!!! :scared::D:D I guess I will have to be a little more patient!!:rolleyes: Good luck to everyone who has interviews coming up!!:)

i really haven't looked into where i'm staying yet. but i'm definitely getting a rental car (don't want to deal with public transportation...i might get lost).

From the hotel to the campus, it is a ~10 min. ride (or even less!) using the MAX (choose the one going towards 'Hillsboro'). I think it was about 2 Max stops away. Get off on MAX stop 'Tuality Hospital/SE 8th Ave' and you'll see the HPC is very close within walking distance.

If using the MAX, I suggest getting a colorful Trimet map provided at the help information desk at the PDX Airport!

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it! I hope to be joining your class this fall. ;)

Take care.

Has anyone stayed at the Econo Lodge Hillsboro before??

I'm not really sure. I just know that it is between .5 to 1 mile away from the campus...

I'm not really sure. I just know that it is between .5 to 1 mile away from the campus...

Well, I think that's the motel I stayed at. The room had a refrigerator, which is uncommon to me, since in the recent years only hotels I've been to have them. The rooms were decent and clean. In the morning they had breakfast for you. I don't believe they have a shuttle to take you to the school, so be prepared to drive. But you don't have to leave that early, since it takes about 3-4 mins to arrive at school.

Overall, I would recommend them.

Hey good luck to all of you guys and gals going for an interview tomorrow:thumbup:.

How did the interviews go? :D I heard it didn't rain like it did when I was up there!! :D

Congrats to all who had their interview today - I was really impressed with the group as a whole - It was great meeting some of you, and I look forward to meeting all of you in the fall - keep up the great work.

~above~

Has anyone from the Jan. 26th batch hear anything??? :confused: The wait is really making me nervous:scared:

does anyone know how many people are interviewed during each interview session? my interview is this weekend and im so nervous :(

congratulations! on the interview whirls, try not to be nervous they are all very nice

There were about 50 at my interview

Hey Whirls, I've decided to stay at the red lion. It's only $72 with AAA membership! =) I think the lady said that they have a shuttle for sat too.

Hey Whirls, I've decided to stay at the red lion. It's only $72 with AAA membership! =) I think the lady said that they have a shuttle for sat too.

I've decided to stay there too! I don't have an AAA membership but being a procrastinator helped because when I first checked the rates they were about $90 a night and when I booked the room the other day it was only $75 :D

Still waiting to hear back from the interview also...:scared: I am sure we will hear in the next few weeks!! I hope that we all hear something good!!!:D

I think today is the last day that they are interviewing!! :D So we are getting that much closer to hearing back from them!!:scared: I am so nervous!! :eek: I need to calm my nerves somehow but I can't until I have an answer. :D

How did the interviews go today?? Anyone who interviewed today?

I had an awesome day at Pacific. I trully enjoyed everything about the interview day. However, It would have been nice to see someone besides myself from Florida. Hoping to hear some good news within the next month.

Good luck everyone.

I had an awesome day at Pacific. I trully enjoyed everything about the interview day. However, It would have been nice to see someone besides myself from Florida. Hoping to hear some good news within the next month.

Good luck everyone.

That's great!! :D Wow, you are such a long way from home!! :D Well, it is good to hear that the interview day was enjoyable (I think they do a phenomenal job)!! Good luck to you!! :luck:

Feb. 16 interviewees when did they say they would notify everyone?

Thanks I'm starting to get impatient!

Feb. 16 interviewees when did they say they would notify everyone?

Thanks I'm starting to get impatient!

I interviewed Jan 26th and they said that after all the interviews are completed (which they are) then everyone will know by mid-march!! :D I think!! :D I am getting nervous...at least you haven't had to wait as long as some of us!! ha ha!! :D Well, good luck to everyone!!

Hi PharmDnPhd I was there on the 26th also the wait is getting to me now as well!

I was just HOPING they might of told the 16th interviewees an earlier date wishfull

thinking I guess Good Luck to all of us!

Hi PharmDnPhd I was there on the 26th also the wait is getting to me now as well!

I was just HOPING they might of told the 16th interviewees an earlier date wishfull

thinking I guess Good Luck to all of us!

Oh...!:D Yeah maybe they heard something different...hmm...anyone know from the last interview???

I was at the interview on 2/16. Lonnie said that we'd know by mid-March via regular mail. Good luck everyone!:luck:

Sorry my mistake, I was thinking UoP, not PU. Ooops.

Hey y'all

Lonnie just called me. :eek:

Im accpeted!
:hardy::hardy::hardy:

I can't wait to see everyone this Fall!

Hip Hip Horayy!!!!

Hey y'all

Lonnie just called me. :eek:

Im accpeted!
:hardy::hardy::hardy:

I can't wait to see everyone this Fall!

Hip Hip Horayy!!!!

CONGRATS TO YOU!!!

I'm hoping to receive some positive news as well. :)

Good luck to everyone!:luck:

Take care, Jake