Pacific University - 2008 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,
Had my interview today. Everything went pretty well. Most people finish very early i think last people finished at about 3PM. Questions are very basic, essay is not stressful another scenario type question.

They told us they will conduct identical activities for second interview and asked us not to disclose them on this website. YES they read it. :)

I don't think anyone stayed in my hotel, but i am happy with the hotel (MARRIOT) as they drove me to interview and picked me up and very close to the train which will take me to the airport. :)

Most surprising is the diversity of applicant pool. People in late 30s, married, with children, from all over the US and Canada.

Sorry i can't discuss interview questions and essay topic. :(

haha ya i thought the interview was very casual and everybody was very nice :)

now... i was going around introducing myself and turns out a lot of ppl know me from this forum! haha im embarassed:p ....apparently i post too much! anyways it was VERY nice meeting everybody!

and now we wait....

Members don't see this ad.

I made new friends on SDN at the interview. I am soooooooo happy.

It was great to meet you guys! Getting to know everyone on here made the interview process a little less nerve racking. Now we wait....... :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
what's going on guys...
I hope you guys got home safely..

Hello...
I was just wondering if they started sending out the interview invitations for the second interview date yet?

To those who had the interview I hope you guys get the good news soon :)

I made new friends on SDN at the interview. I am soooooooo happy.

hey whitedc&budobud... i tried to call budobud back cuz my cousin wanted to take u guys out to a nearby bar and club..i left a msg with budobud but i didnt hear anything back from u guys.. i thought u two were probably drunk!hehehehe

so.. im here at the holiday inn.. i took the MAX and left my umbrella there!! argh!! anyone have an extra umbrella!!?

hey poopoo143 did u went for more shopping or stayed at hotel all night? I am happy with my new shoes it was warm and very comfy......

my phone had no reception. you didn't give me your number either!

hey whitedc&budobud... i tried to call budobud back cuz my cousin wanted to take u guys out to a nearby bar and club..i left a msg with budobud but i didnt hear anything back from u guys.. i thought u two were probably drunk!hehehehe

B..A...B...THREE. You can just say BABE next time hahaha. Is your cousin hot? jk :D

B..A...B...THREE. You can just say BABE next time hahaha. Is your cousin hot? jk :D

i unno dude. I called budobud but he never call me back. I think i tried to call at least 6x or more heehehe...did u end up at that same bar?

hey bab3~ haha. i just went back to the hotel.. it got really cold so i didnt want to go out.... i had a great time. hhaha.. NO taXes.. ~~ haha
thank you
whitey, baby, and buddy!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys i was wondering when i should expect the results from the interview on the 10th. FAQ says 2 weeks but next week is thanksgiving so i am guessing the week after next. let me know if you guys remember what Lonnie said during the intro. thanks.

hey guys i was wondering when i should expect the results from the interview on the 10th. FAQ says 2 weeks but next week is thanksgiving so i am guessing the week after next. let me know if you guys remember what Lonnie said during the intro. thanks.

well Lonnie said during the interview day that we'll find out 'within several weeks'.

:scared: waiting is the suxor!

such a blessing to meet nice people at pacific uni. especially sdners. :D

well Lonnie said during the interview day that we'll find out 'within several weeks'.

:scared: waiting is the suxor!

I forget did she mention that only the acceptance and rejection letters will be notified within a few weeks, but the waitlisters will be notified later?? Or will everyone from the first interview day know their status around the same time??

I am pretty sure she said those from the first interview would all know around the same time.

YAY!!! I GOT ACCEPTED.. LONNIE CALLED!!
THIS IS AWESOME!! WOW! phew.. alright, I am calm now..

congrats on the acceptance i also got in i got a call about 2 hours ago.:D

Congrats guys. so if we don't get a call today. does that mean we are either waitlisted or rejected?

congrats for you who got accepted!

Any news about the interview invitation for Jan 2008 interviews? I think the Nov 10th interview is the only one this year, correct?

hey guys i got a missed call from lonnie today. check your phone guys. i called her back just now - i got accepted! please let me know if anyone else is accepted. :)

I also got an acceptance call from Lonnie today- quite a surprise since she told us it would be a few weeks! Congrats to you others who are in so far. And to the rest of you, don't give up hope!

will have my phone on tomorrow for sure. Potentially a big day!

hey stevey:

apparently....Lonnie's done calling all the accepted people already... those of us who didn't get a call will get a mail of either rejection or being put on hold.

i noe... i was really hoping for that phone to ring too :(:(:(

hey stevey:

apparently....Lonnie's done calling all the accepted people already... those of us who didn't get a call will get a mail of either rejection or being put on hold.

i noe... i was really hoping for that phone to ring too :(:(:(

Did you call and find this out? Any clues as to how many were accepted this time around?

Did you call and find this out? Any clues as to how many were accepted this time around?

i didn't personally call...somebody else on SDN that interviewed called her this afternoon n that's what she said!

by my count...only 4 ppl have gotten in on SDN and 8 ppl haven't heard back...
statistically speaking...that's pretty low? I was thinking for the priority interviewees, the acceptance rate would be at LEAST 50% of all interviewees, if not more?

because if they take half of all interviewees = (56/2) * 4 batches of interviews = 118 and the incoming class has a seat of 96.... we should have around a 50% chance of getting in if we're interviewed... and since we met the priority deadline... it should be even higher

secretly, I am still hoping it's all one big mistake! :smuggrin:

i didn't personally call...somebody else on SDN that interviewed called her this afternoon n that's what she said!

by my count...only 4 ppl have gotten in on SDN and 8 ppl haven't heard back...
statistically speaking...that's pretty low? I was thinking for the priority interviewees, the acceptance rate would be at LEAST 50% of all interviewees, if not more?

because if they take half of all interviewees = (56/2) * 4 batches of interviews = 118 and the incoming class has a seat of 96.... we should have around a 50% chance of getting in if we're interviewed... and since we met the priority deadline... it should be even higher

secretly, I am still hoping it's all one big mistake! :smuggrin:

Thanks for the information!

Yessiree, no phone call though. Just curious, how did you count 8 non-calls? From this thread, I've counted 4 non-calls and 4 calls.

well i assumed the ppl that haven't said nething at all didnt get a call... :p b/c i noe if i got a call i'd be posting in CAPS frenzy!

So you are saying that everybody else will get a notification in 2 weeks?

no.... I am just saying that we should NOT completely believe that information that michelle wrote. ANything can happen, as nobody expected that they'll hear so soon. So anything is possible.

wow. interview was on 11/10? that's fast. Congrats to everyone! Don't give up yet, maybe she will call again in 2 wks. =)

well fellow sdners..... NO phone calls for me at all... i am so depress now :(..
CONGRATS to
poopoo143 &starrfishes!!!! :D

well fellow sdners..... NO phone calls for me at all... i am so depress now :(..
CONGRATS to

I just want to know my status ASAP, whether it be through snail mail or email...

no.... I am just saying that we should NOT completely believe that information that michelle wrote. ANything can happen, as nobody expected that they'll hear so soon. So anything is possible.

well u noe what... there's still a bit of hope in me b/c so many of us didn't even get a phone call yet! and i've met some pretty darn qualified people that i think shouldda gotten a call... and plus it wasn't myself who personally called lonnie (so it could be some big misunderstanding....but i dont think my fellow SDNer will play such a cruel joke on me!) so im not gonna give up hope until i see an actual letter! I already did some crying today =( but nothing is set in stone until u see that letter...and even wen u see that letter and get put on hold...u'll still have hope!

let's ALL keep our fingers crossed!

What do u mean "believe that information that michelle wrote." Like her I've receives the same info from a fellow sdners. Were just trying to spread info to help everyone on here. I am just amazed that only 4 ppl or less received the phone call from Lonnie. Everyone i've met should qualified for this program. I think we should just wait and clarify the info with Lonnie tomorrow. I am just in shock that Pacific respond within this week.

What do u mean "believe that information that michelle wrote." Like her I've receives the same info from a fellow sdners. Were just trying to spread info to help everyone on here. I am just amazed that only 4 ppl or less received the phone call from Lonnie. Everyone i've met should qualified for this program. I think we should just wait and clarify the info with Lonnie tomorrow. I am just in shock that Pacific respond within this week.

you should leave Lonnie alone. When they are ready to announce more acceptances or even statuses they will. Calling them every second will not make a difference. I WOuld not be surprised if Lonnie just said that to get someone off her back. It's possible that they have not finished reviewing all the interview material as there were at least 2 sets of notes from interviewers, essays, group project, etc...( the amount of acceptances or lack there of supports that theory) So just wait and please don't call them every minute.

CONGRATS to

Aww thanks Bab3, I really hope you get in, too. I pray for you and others to get in!

I don't think it's that we shouldn't believe anything that michelle wrote. Our SDN friends are only trying to inform us of what they know, but of course, nothing's set in stone until you actually see it in paper (via mail).

I agree 100%. They told us mail and some don't believe them and some random person says no and everybody believes!? I think everybody should just calm down and wait for the results and be professional. We all did our part now it is their part.

Exactly. starfishes didn't copy the part of my message where i wrote I am hopeful because since very few got accepted, I still think they haven't finished calling yet or sending out acceptances. Even thinking back, i once called lonnie to ask when interview invites will be sent out, she told me couple more weeks. Next day i got an invite. She tends to say stuff to get people off her back. I am just saying don't jump to conculusion, keep waiting with an open mind.