Pacific University, Oregon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! I received phone call today too! woo hoo so happy!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats~ I'm really glad they got around to letting us know before Thanksgiving Break :D

Congrats~ I'm really glad they got around to letting us know before Thanksgiving Break :D

Hi Congrate! Do you mind sharing your stats? Do you have any pre-reqs still in progress?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! My stats are:

Sure,

As calculated by PharmCAS:
Overall GPA: 3.26
Math GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 2.98 :x

~6 months of working in pharmacy as a clerk
Pharmacy Tech Certified, but no license yet
Varied random volunteer/work experiences

I think the only pre-req I have remaining for Pacific is the socio/behavioral sciences one, which I'm currently taking Socio and Anthro right now. Other than that, I have everything.

Hey! My stats are:

Sure,

As calculated by PharmCAS:
Overall GPA: 3.26
Math GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 2.98 :x

~6 months of working in pharmacy as a clerk
Pharmacy Tech Certified, but no license yet
Varied random volunteer/work experiences

I think the only pre-req I have remaining for Pacific is the socio/behavioral sciences one, which I'm currently taking Socio and Anthro right now. Other than that, I have everything.

Feel so happy for u! I was put on hold by Pacific and I guess that I have too many pre-reqs still in progress. Looks no hope for me this 2012....*sigh~~

Feel so happy for u! I was put on hold by Pacific and I guess that I have too many pre-reqs still in progress. Looks no hope for me this 2012....*sigh~~
First of all, CONGRATS to all who have been accepted so far!!!!!!!!

jksp,,,,just curious what your stats are if you don't mind? I went to the 11/19 interview and got put on committee hold too. Im guessing it's because I have too many classes outstanding, but of course I want to analyze it and pick it apart!!!

i was put on hold again~~~~~i was interveiwed in 11/5!!! i dont think i can get in anymore!!! is there anyone can tell me how many chance do i have ?????????
also is there anyone got accpet from the committe hold(i mean from the first interview day 11/5)?:confused::confused::scared:

First of all, CONGRATS to all who have been accepted so far!!!!!!!!

jksp,,,,just curious what your stats are if you don't mind? I went to the 11/19 interview and got put on committee hold too. Im guessing it's because I have too many classes outstanding, but of course I want to analyze it and pick it apart!!!

Sure. I was notified on hold by Pacific. I was interviewed on 11/5.
My stats are:

Cum. GPA: 3.3
Science: 3.2
Math: 3.5

But i have 1 chemistry, 1 biology, physics, econ still in progress. i guess this is the reason Pacific put me on hold. I don't know if they will re-consider me once my grades r available after x'mas.

geeezz......

Awww, don't worry guys~ There's still hope, you still have at chance as long as you weren't denied completely. Stay positive ^_^

do you think they will really denied people after the interview? i only see accept and committee hold in here~~~~~~~~

Awww, don't worry guys~ There's still hope, you still have at chance as long as you weren't denied completely. Stay positive ^_^
Thx sanyu! Im trying,,,it's just kinda hard sometimes!!!
I just keep on telling myself at least it wasn't a "no".

Sure. I was notified on hold by Pacific. I was interviewed on 11/5.
My stats are:

Cum. GPA: 3.3
Science: 3.2
Math: 3.5

But i have 1 chemistry, 1 biology, physics, econ still in progress. i guess this is the reason Pacific put me on hold. I don't know if they will re-consider me once my grades r available after x'mas.

geeezz......
Well you are in a way better position that me!!!

My overall is a 3.69
My science is a 3.59
and my math is a 3.29
Plus I have various medical experience (including pharmacy-related)

But, Im in Orgo II this semester, and I'm retaking my A&P 2 (it was a long time since I had taken it, and my grade the first time kinda sucked-->a C).

And I still havent taken econ, calc, and the public speaking course-but I am scheduled to take them for the spring.

So, you might actually get in after the next interview day!! Im worried that I am going to get canned bc I have wayyy to much stuff outstanding.

Thank u for ur encouragement! Yeah...i know my life needs to move on...with or without being accepted. hopefully Pacific will take me soon, and we can be classmates!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well you are in a way better position that me!!!

My overall is a 3.69
My science is a 3.59
and my math is a 3.29
Plus I have various medical experience (including pharmacy-related)

But, Im in Orgo II this semester, and I'm retaking my A&P 2 (it was a long time since I had taken it, and my grade the first time kinda sucked-->a C).

And I still havent taken econ, calc, and the public speaking course-but I am scheduled to take them for the spring.

So, you might actually get in after the next interview day!! Im worried that I am going to get canned bc I have wayyy to much stuff outstanding.

Hey based on ur situation, i do think it's too many pre-reqs in progress that holding u from acceptance. ur gpa is high though. try to keep it up high! u never know if they will call u soon next spring!

hey yuco.. i was also interviewed on 11/5 and I am on com. hold still. I only have one pre req left.

Me too! I still have one left! Organic chem 2! Do u think that is why we got on hold? But I don't think everyone got accept finishing all the pre req.
Do u think they denied people after the interview?

They say after the interview dates.. you either get acceptance, rejection or committee hold.. so there has to be people who got denied right away.

Does anyone know how many hours of the required 1500 intern hours for NAPLEX does Pacific University cover? How many hours are allowed to cover by school in the state of oregon?

Does anyone know how many hours of the required 1500 intern hours for NAPLEX does Pacific University cover? How many hours are allowed to cover by school in the state of oregon?

Uhm, I'm not really too sure on the details, but from what I heard during the info session of the interview. The guy said that Oregon required ~1750(?) intern hours for their state license and that the school gives you 2000 hours.. at least that's what I have written down in what little notes I did take. lololol

hey Sanyu.. congratulations on being accepted.. do you have a bachelors degree? If not, that's really impressive because my cousin is in the program right now.. and she says EVERYONE has a bachelors degree that she knows.. did you have a really good interview in your opinion?

hey Sanyu.. congratulations on being accepted.. do you have a bachelors degree? If not, that's really impressive because my cousin is in the program right now.. and she says EVERYONE has a bachelors degree that she knows.. did you have a really good interview in your opinion?

Thanks~ And nope, I don't have a bachelors lol. My interview went pretty well although there was like one question that I felt I didn't do too well on. Overall though, it was probably a good interview because one of my interviewers, a faculty member, actually told me at the end that my interview was a good one. Although, he could have just said that to make me feel good about myself lolol

I got accepted these are my stats:

Overall GPA: 3.34
Math GPA: 3.16
Science GPA: 3.33
Most current 45 credits GPA:3.7 (slacked off beginning of college career)

-all my pre-reqs are finished
-no bachelors degree
-7 years pharmacy experience
-2 years non-pharmacy volunteer work

Sanyu they told me I did a good interview too. I think they tell that to everyone unless that is the reason we got in. I feel my interview went well too. Good Luck to those on committee hold. Stay positive like Sanyu stated. I saw previous posts that Pacific accepts a lot from committee hold:)

Last edited:
Oooh I see. Hahah, your stats are much more impressive than mine. Congrats on your acceptance!

Hello has any of the accepted candidates sent in their seat deposits? I'm curious if we receive confirmation after that, and does anyone know when the immunizations are due?

Hello has any of the accepted candidates sent in their seat deposits? I'm curious if we receive confirmation after that, and does anyone know when the immunizations are due?

Hi! I still haven't received my letter confirming my acceptance so I haven't sent in my deposit and don't have any clue about any of the other things like immunizations. I suppose the best thing to do is to call them and ask.

Did you receive any information or instruction about the immunizations? I didn't receive them in the acceptance package..??

I was at the first interview date, and got acceptance 6 days later. the acceptance package took a long time to receive because it did not have any zip code information on the label. i think those who have recently got an acceptance will eventually receive it but it will be delayed.

Did you receive any information or instruction about the immunizations? I didn't receive them in the acceptance package..??

in the acceptance package it just listed the requirements necessary, such as getting the immunizations and such. but all the information was very brief, i visited the website to see what immunizations Pacific requires though. have you sent in your deposit?

has anyone who applied later in the cycle, like October or November, heard about the January interview date yet? I submitted late and am now anxiously waiting to hear from Pacific...

Telling them they don't have to have me on committee hold anymore, got accepted into Roseman.

I was placed on com hold in November (I applied first of October) and they said in the letter that I would get an update mid-December. So, I think everyone will hear about the January interview date at that time.

hey I am on com. hold too since Nov and I didn't hear anything getting an update in mid-December.. are you sure there will be a update for everyone on committee hold in mid December for Pacific?

hey I am on com. hold too since Nov and I didn't hear anything getting an update in mid-December.. are you sure there will be a update for everyone on committee hold in mid December for Pacific?

Here is copy of the email body including that language:

"You are receiving this email to update you on the status of your application for Fall 2012. Your application is still being considered for an interview with Pacific University’s School of Pharmacy. Unfortunately, we could not offer you an invitation to the November 19th interview date.

Your application has been placed on Committee Hold.This means that your application is still in consideration for the remaining interview days. You will receive an updated application status by the middle ofDecember.

Remember to send all updated summer and fall transcripts directly to PharmCAS during the academic update window, December 15, 2011-February 15, 2012."

I am in the first semester of Organic Chemistry and so I have read that will place you on committee hold, so I am hoping with my updated transcripts this December I will be able to get an interview. Did you letter say something different? It would be interesting to see if they have different "Hold" letters. :confused:

OHhhh I got confused I thought you were on committee hold for those that got interviewed already..
I already interviewed with Pacific and got placed on the com hold.. sorry for the confusion. And good luck!

has anyone who applied later in the cycle, like October or November, heard about the January interview date yet? I submitted late and am now anxiously waiting to hear from Pacific...
I submitted my application very close to the deadline, but was invited to the Nov 19th interview. I believe they sent out invites on Nov. 5th (so they tend to do this very close to the actual day it seems). So, I know it's so hard to wait but they might not send out invites for the January Interview day until later this month or maybe even the first part of Jan. So hang in there!!!

I submitted my application very close to the deadline, but was invited to the Nov 19th interview. I believe they sent out invites on Nov. 5th (so they tend to do this very close to the actual day it seems). So, I know it's so hard to wait but they might not send out invites for the January Interview day until later this month or maybe even the first part of Jan. So hang in there!!!

The most nerve racking thing about this school is they have so few limited interview dates. Some schools have like 4 interviews per month, but they have a total of 4 interviews for the entire cycle! I think we will hear something mid-December and then again mid-January (from the pattern they have already exhibited).

I applied for Nov 1st on the pharmcas deadline date and got an email saying that they have my complete application today.

It will take 6 weeks to review my application.

Do you guys think I have a good chance?

I got an invite from other school today and have an interview in January.

Did you get accepted? I applied close to the Nov 1st deadline and I got an email about 2 weeks ago saying that my application was completed. How late did you apply if you don't mind me asking? :)

for those that submit pharmcas at the deadline, did you guys also submit the supplemental app on the deadline too? not sure why it would take 6 weeks to review unless you are referring to the pharmcas (GPA calculations)

Did you get accepted? I applied close to the Nov 1st deadline and I got an email about 2 weeks ago saying that my application was completed. How late did you apply if you don't mind me asking? :)
No, I did not get accepted (I was placed on committee hold). I believe it is prob because I have so many classes left to complete. I believe my application was complete the last week in October (PharmCAS and supplemental), but don't remember the exact day. So, I think I barely made it in time to be considered for the Nov. 19th interview.

The most nerve racking thing about this school is they have so few limited interview dates. Some schools have like 4 interviews per month, but they have a total of 4 interviews for the entire cycle! I think we will hear something mid-December and then again mid-January (from the pattern they have already exhibited).

I definitely agree! I submitted my supplemental app just before Thanksgiving and recently got an email confirming that they received everything. My cousin (who goes to Pacific for undergrad) told me that they designate a certain amount of spots accepted at each interview so that people who apply later will still have an opportunity! I am also anxiously waiting to hear back... Up to 6 weeks?! >.<

Has anyone received drug test information? I haven't and a little worried. I interviewed on November 19th.

Has anyone received drug test information? I haven't and a little worried. I interviewed on November 19th.

I got the email for drug screening information the same day I got the call and email for acceptance to Pacific University, November 23rd. I also interviewed on November 19th. Maybe you should try emailing admissions and asking them?

did you receive any emails from certiphi (check spam)? the background and drug test is a part of pharmcas.

Hey guys, I received an email saying my app was complete on November 7th, but I still have not heard anything yet. Did anyone who applied around the same time hear from Pacific?

My stats:
BS in Biology from UC San Diego
Pharmcas Overall GPA: 3.8
Sci GPA: 3.6
Pharm Experience: 1 year
Comm Work: 2 years

Got accepted into in MCPHS but was hoping to hear from this school too. Good luck to everyone who applied and congrats to those accepted. :)

Hey guys, I received an email saying my app was complete on November 7th, but I still have not heard anything yet. Did anyone who applied around the same time hear from Pacific?

My stats:
BS in Biology from UC San Diego
Pharmcas Overall GPA: 3.8
Sci GPA: 3.6
Pharm Experience: 1 year
Comm Work: 2 years

Got accepted into in MCPHS but was hoping to hear from this school too. Good luck to everyone who applied and congrats to those accepted. :)
I sent my application on nov 15, and I just got an interview for the 14th. you should be getting one soon then.

holy crap, you called it. I just checked my email and just got the invite for the 14th as well. Hope to see you there and good luck!

I too have received a interview!!! and I just wanted to ask those of you, what the interview process is like. can anyone share their experiences?! much appreciated! Congrats to those accepted!

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup: