Pacific University, Oregon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I got an e-mail saying I was put on committee hold :-/ I really felt great about the interview... kinda bummed... pacific is my 1st choice :-/
 
sad... i am placed on committee hold tooo... and the waiting game continues... sighs i feel like crying =[
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sad... i am placed on committee hold tooo... and the waiting game continues... sighs i feel like crying =[

Same here I was holding my tears earlier Q_Q

Perhaps we were all so great they couldn't choose. They should just accept more people 😛
 
Hi!! For those who got interview invites for 2/25, do you mine sharing your stats? I submitted my supplemental late for Pacific Oregon!

I really appreciate it !!
 
It seems like they accepted a bunch of people from the first 2 interviews. Someone should ask how many spots are left.
 
Just got home to some bad news too guys.. committee hold 🙁 I myself also did not take up the allotted time so my interview was short. I think the school places heavy emphasis on the interview, because I'm sure you guys all have a good GPA and work experience, etc. I had a funny feeling that it went bad, but was hoping my credentials would pull me out of a bad situation. Anyone care to share their stats to see where we stack up to the rest of the folks who were accepted? Either way, congrats to those with good news.
 
Hi!! For those who got interview invites for 2/25, do you mine sharing your stats? I submitted my supplemental late for Pacific Oregon!

I really appreciate it !!

Submitted my supplemental on 11/30, which is pretty much as late as it can be. 3.79 pharmcas GPA. No PCAT. Volunteer pharmacy technician at a free clinic since last September.
 
I got an e-mail saying I was put on committee hold :-/ I really felt great about the interview... kinda bummed... pacific is my 1st choice :-/

sad... i am placed on committee hold tooo... and the waiting game continues... sighs i feel like crying =[

Same here I was holding my tears earlier Q_Q

Perhaps we were all so great they couldn't choose. They should just accept more people 😛

Just got home to some bad news too guys.. committee hold 🙁 I myself also did not take up the allotted time so my interview was short. I think the school places heavy emphasis on the interview, because I'm sure you guys all have a good GPA and work experience, etc. I had a funny feeling that it went bad, but was hoping my credentials would pull me out of a bad situation. Anyone care to share their stats to see where we stack up to the rest of the folks who were accepted? Either way, congrats to those with good news.

What Tier are you on? Does anyone know how the Tier system works when placed on committee hold? 🙁 Other class applicants said they were on a specific Tier 1-2 or 3. Some applicants were called and accepted on Tier 1 & 2 after the last interview date. 😕 Is there hope? :luck:
 
I didnt say any tier other than we will be reevaluated with the last interview date and that's a month from now. I really thought the interview went well, but i was placed on a hold as well. very disappointed. I believe your are placed on a tier when they put you on a waitlist.
 
Last edited:
I didnt say any tier other than we will be reevaluated with the last interview date and that's a month from now. I really thought the interview went well, but i was placed on a hold as well. very disappointed. I believe your are placed on a tier when they put you on a waitlist.


Oh! I'm so confused then! 😳 😕 Thanks for responding and clarification. Then what is the difference in the waitlist and committee hold?
Thanks,
K
 
BS Chemistry- graduating May 2012 from Southeastern OK State University
Overall GPA- 3.7
Science- 3.6
Math- 4.0

2 years Pharmacy Tech experience
4 years volunteer experience with the Feed the Children Medical Team
 
BS Chemistry- graduating May 2012 from Southeastern OK State University
Overall GPA- 3.7
Science- 3.6
Math- 4.0

2 years Pharmacy Tech experience
4 years volunteer experience with the Feed the Children Medical Team

Did you get accepted?

BS in Biology at UC San Diego
Pharmcas Overall GPA: 3.80
GPA at UC San Diego: 3.84
Science GPA: 3.6
PCAT composite score: 91%

2 years pharmacy experience
1 year community work
1 year pharm org work

Committee Hold. 🙁 I must have said all the wrong things during the interview. Maybe everyone was competitive the day I interviewed as I am not the most studious looking person.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get accepted?

BS in Biology at UC San Diego
Pharmcas Overall GPA: 3.80
GPA at UC San Diego: 3.84
Science GPA: 3.6
PCAT composite score: 91%

2 years pharmacy experience
1 year community work
1 year pharm org work

Committee Hold. 🙁 I must have said all the wrong things during the interview. Maybe everyone was competitive the day I interviewed as I am not the most studious looking person.

WOW! Your stats are so perfect!
I have no idea why all of us are on hold. Maybe they just want to decide later. How was the MCPHS interview? I'm going there for an interview next week.:luck:
 
WOW! Your stats are so perfect!
I have no idea why all of us are on hold. Maybe they just want to decide later. How was the MCPHS interview? I'm going there for an interview next week.:luck:

Was very relaxed and was a one on one format. Message me if you need anything at all. Hope you the best and I'm pretty sure you'll get in as I have been told they accept 90 percent of the students they interview. Good luck!
 
I think you can use any laptop. But I heard you have to bring it everyday so get a light one.

Ooh okay. Thanks for the info! 🙂

PS. I'm pretty confused as to why all you guys are on hold since I feel like my stats are so much worse than you guys and I was accepted.. 😵 I'm guessing it's probably because as someone mentioned previously that people in the first two interview dates have a better chance of getting accepted vs those in the latter two interview dates since there are less spots available. Although if I remember correctly, they also mentioned that ~20 students are accepted from each interview date. I guess there's just more leeway on accepting which 20 in the first interview dates?? Or, maybe it was the interview? I actually think I did pretty well on the interview and we took up the entire allotted time. Well, regardless, don't give up hope! Committee hold/waitlist is not the endddd! Keep your fingers crossed, guys~ 😉

PPS. My stats:
Overall GPA: 3.26
Science GPA: 2.98 :X
PCAT: 88%
~6 months pharmacy volunteer
Random other work/volunteer experience.
No degree.
 
Did you get accepted?

BS in Biology at UC San Diego
Pharmcas Overall GPA: 3.80
GPA at UC San Diego: 3.84
Science GPA: 3.6
PCAT composite score: 91%

2 years pharmacy experience
1 year community work
1 year pharm org work

Committee Hold. 🙁 I must have said all the wrong things during the interview. Maybe everyone was competitive the day I interviewed as I am not the most studious looking person.



Not accepted yet. I submitted my supplemental application really late. I just got the e-mail for an interview yesterday. So I will be interviewing Feb. 25, but my fingers are crossed!
 
Oh! I'm so confused then! 😳 😕 Thanks for responding and clarification. Then what is the difference in the waitlist and committee hold?
Thanks,
K

A hold is just they're not sure what to do with you yet. A waitlist is they still want you to come to their school, but only if those slot become available after people who are already got accepted denied.
 
Hello folks!

I was reading some of your comments and I can sense some frustration/disappointment/discouragement...so let me share with you my story with Pacific last year (I'm scheduled for an interview this year on the 25th of Feb!). After the interview which I felt it went well I received an email a week later saying that my application was on committee hold. A week after the last interview date which was March 5th of 2011 I received another email that my application was on Tier 3. To be fair, my application last year was promising but definitely not complete, I was still finishing my masters and still working on some prerequisites. However, the major feedback I got after the cycle was closed in August that my application was lacking pharmacy experience.

Take home messages:

1. If you are wondering how far did they go on the waitlist last year, I can answer that people in Tier 2 make it to 2011 class! so if you are on Tier 1 you will almost %100 be accepted. If you are in Tier 2 you have a good 50-70% chance you'll make it. If you are on Tier 3, don't be optimistic..sorry!

2. They look at the application as a whole so don't stress out trying to figure out which part was the reason for being on the waitlist or hold. it's random!!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW DID THIS YEAR'S INTERVIEW GO SO I CAN BE READY!!
 
Hello folks!

I was reading some of your comments and I can sense some frustration/disappointment/discouragement...so let me share with you my story with Pacific last year (I'm scheduled for an interview this year on the 25th of Feb!). After the interview which I felt it went well I received an email a week later saying that my application was on committee hold. A week after the last interview date which was March 5th of 2011 I received another email that my application was on Tier 3. To be fair, my application last year was promising but definitely not complete, I was still finishing my masters and still working on some prerequisites. However, the major feedback I got after the cycle was closed in August that my application was lacking pharmacy experience.

Take home messages:

1. If you are wondering how far did they go on the waitlist last year, I can answer that people in Tier 2 make it to 2011 class! so if you are on Tier 1 you will almost %100 be accepted. If you are in Tier 2 you have a good 50-70% chance you'll make it. If you are on Tier 3, don't be optimistic..sorry!

2. They look at the application as a whole so don't stress out trying to figure out which part was the reason for being on the waitlist or hold. it's random!!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW DID THIS YEAR'S INTERVIEW GO SO I CAN BE READY!!

Thanks for the info. You are so helpful 🙂
Well, I think since you've experienced the interview, it's still the same thing. Presentation, writing, group activity, campus tour, interview. Good luck to you!:luck: Did you try out other schools this year?
 
Was very relaxed and was a one on one format. Message me if you need anything at all. Hope you the best and I'm pretty sure you'll get in as I have been told they accept 90 percent of the students they interview. Good luck!

Thank you for being so helpful! I think we might become classmates either in Pacific or MCPHS:xf:

So I heard they would ask you something like do you think pharmacist would be replaced by mail ordering or automatic dispensers. How do you think I should answer? :luck:
 
Did you get accepted?

BS in Biology at UC San Diego
Pharmcas Overall GPA: 3.80
GPA at UC San Diego: 3.84
Science GPA: 3.6
PCAT composite score: 91%

2 years pharmacy experience
1 year community work
1 year pharm org work

Committee Hold. 🙁 I must have said all the wrong things during the interview. Maybe everyone was competitive the day I interviewed as I am not the most studious looking person.

I kinda got the competitive vibe from most of the people there. I felt rushed during my interview it was quick also and I really don't think I responded the way I would have liked. I feel like most of us from the 3rd interview were put on committee hold! So frustrating!
 
Does anyone know if there's a specific laptop we have to buy, or can we use any laptop as long as it meets certain requirements?

Any laptop as long as you pretty much meet the requirements. I take all of my notes on my laptop, and even people who print notes out and take them on paper bring them along each day. So, make sure you're comfortable with it and that it's not going to die 3 days into the second semester or anything horrible like that.

Oh! I'm so confused then! 😳 😕 Thanks for responding and clarification. Then what is the difference in the waitlist and committee hold?
Thanks,
K

Committee hold means that the school liked you enough to keep considering you, but they're keeping their options open for the last interview dates. Once the last interview date is over, they'll go through the entire list of everyone on committee hold and decide who they'll offer remaining spots to, who they want to place on the waitlist (which will be ranked by tiers), and who won't be offered a spot on the waitlist.

So, there is definitely still hope for everyone! : )
 
I kinda got the competitive vibe from most of the people there. I felt rushed during my interview it was quick also and I really don't think I responded the way I would have liked. I feel like most of us from the 3rd interview were put on committee hold! So frustrating!

Hang in there! We all are, hope to see all of you guys next year!
 
Thanks for the info. You are so helpful 🙂
Well, I think since you've experienced the interview, it's still the same thing. Presentation, writing, group activity, campus tour, interview. Good luck to you!:luck: Did you try out other schools this year?

I'm only applying to 3 schools.. Pacific, OSU, and Utah!! Sent my application kinda late so pacific was the first to get back to me with the interview on the 25... Last year I made it to #4 on OSU alternate list so I hope this year I'll make it
 
Before you decide on what school you want to go to, (blindly like i did!!!) you want to ask alumni and current student what they really think about the school, and dont rely on asking them on interview days because those students are hand picked by the school to give you only positive feedback. If you want to know the good and the bad about pacific u, email me. You should hear all the negative aspects of the school before deciding on which school you want to go to. I for one, regret coming to pacific even though i did not get accepted to another school on the year i started pharm school. Looking back, i now would have waited another year and gotten accepted to a better school. The faculty is horrible, the assistant dean is racist, and they do not give a dang about students that fall behind. Consider all your options before starting a school that will take thousands of your dollars and in return not ensure your success. Dont choose a school simply because thats what is closest to you, or the only one you were accepted to. its worth your time to apply again!

interesting, ok I'd like to here your side being a pharmacy student.
 
Before you decide on what school you want to go to, (blindly like i did!!!) you want to ask alumni and current student what they really think about the school, and dont rely on asking them on interview days because those students are hand picked by the school to give you only positive feedback. If you want to know the good and the bad about pacific u, email me. You should hear all the negative aspects of the school before deciding on which school you want to go to. I for one, regret coming to pacific even though i did not get accepted to another school on the year i started pharm school. Looking back, i now would have waited another year and gotten accepted to a better school. The faculty is horrible, the assistant dean is racist, and they do not give a dang about students that fall behind. Consider all your options before starting a school that will take thousands of your dollars and in return not ensure your success. Dont choose a school simply because thats what is closest to you, or the only one you were accepted to. its worth your time to apply again!

Clever. You're trying to thin out the waitlist by scaring everyone off. 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied for the Pacific U late. I have not heard anything from the school yet for the interview while others got their invitations already. Does that means pretty much means I am denied? Do you know when the school start to send out denial letters?
 
I got an email today saying "you are in interview waiting pool!" 🙁(... Its funny kind of.


This is interesting. I wish I could just hear SOMETHING! I was placed on committee hold (pre-interview) and I am nervous that means I am denied but they just keep my hope up. It makes me really nervous that people got notices as early as last Friday! However, the school did say that they would be communiting to students this week AND next week....so....keep anxiously watching your email! 😳 I do wonder what an "interview waiting pool" is though. 😕
 
Hi, I have an interview on the 25th and I wonder if you guys who already interviewed could me which hotels have public transportation to the university?
 
This is interesting. I wish I could just hear SOMETHING! I was placed on committee hold (pre-interview) and I am nervous that means I am denied but they just keep my hope up. It makes me really nervous that people got notices as early as last Friday! However, the school did say that they would be communiting to students this week AND next week....so....keep anxiously watching your email! 😳 I do wonder what an "interview waiting pool" is though. 😕
What do you mean with pre-interview hold? Does it mean that you are like me on waiting list for invitation or you already had interview?
It's kind of wired for me too! 🙁

Hope we get GOOD news soon!
 
Hi, I have an interview on the 25th and I wonder if you guys who already interviewed could me which hotels have public transportation to the university?

I'm interviewing on the 25 as well, I live in Portland and I can tell you that Pacific U pharmacy school building is right on a MAX stop (max is the light rail). So You have a wide variety from hotels/inns starting from the ones in the airport since the MAX goes there. It's about an hour ride tho from the airport to pacific by MAX.
 
I'm interviewing on the 25 as well, I live in Portland and I can tell you that Pacific U pharmacy school building is right on a MAX stop (max is the light rail). So You have a wide variety from hotels/inns starting from the ones in the airport since the MAX goes there. It's about an hour ride tho from the airport to pacific by MAX.

Thankyou! And could you tell me from what time does this rail start in the morning and end at night?
 
What do you mean with pre-interview hold? Does it mean that you are like me on waiting list for invitation or you already had interview?
It's kind of wired for me too! 🙁

Hope we get GOOD news soon!

It seems that there is a lot of people that get placed on committe hold after an interview, but I was placed on committee hold before being asked for an interview. So...either they hate me and are denying me but just dragging it out to cause pain and torture to me. Or, they are undecided on if they want to interview me and are trying to weigh my application to all the applicants. I don't know which! I just hope that we hear something today, because it seems they have a tendecy to send emails on Friday afternoon/evening. GOOD LUCK, as you seem MUCH closer then I do to an interview then I do. 🙂
 
It seems that there is a lot of people that get placed on committe hold after an interview, but I was placed on committee hold before being asked for an interview. So...either they hate me and are denying me but just dragging it out to cause pain and torture to me. Or, they are undecided on if they want to interview me and are trying to weigh my application to all the applicants. I don't know which! I just hope that we hear something today, because it seems they have a tendecy to send emails on Friday afternoon/evening. GOOD LUCK, as you seem MUCH closer then I do to an interview then I do. 🙂


Well.



I was in the same boat as you. I was on committee hold pre-interview since late November. I just received a rejection letter in the mail today. Booooo-hissssss!!!!!! It's a good thing I got accepted elsewhere, otherwise I would be freaking the hell out right now!! 😱



Meh. :lame:
 
Well.



I was in the same boat as you. I was on committee hold pre-interview since late November. I just received a rejection letter in the mail today. Booooo-hissssss!!!!!! It's a good thing I got accepted elsewhere, otherwise I would be freaking the hell out right now!! 😱



Meh. :lame:

I got mine in the mail today. :meanie: Except I am still waiting on other applications and don't have the peace of mind of a back-up plan. Oh well, such is life; at least my agony is over.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I ask a quick question to those of you who applied here? Did you get notification of the school reviewing your application, or checking pre-reqs or anything like that?

The reason I am asking is because I got an email yesterday (Friday afternoon - of course) that due to my application not being completed on time, it has been cancelled and thank you and goodbye. I was livid and after finally getting in touch with the sender of the email, she said it was a "computer error" and I can just disregard it. When I pointed out that my application has been sitting in limbo, erroneously marked as incomplete, she insisted that this isn't true and that my application has been "under review" this whole time. Frankly, I don't believe her. I received no communication from Pacific between their acknowledgment of my Pharmcas application and notice of how to fill out the supplemental application and the email yesterday canceling my application. Did others get some sort of communication after filling out the supplemental form?
 
Can I ask a quick question to those of you who applied here? Did you get notification of the school reviewing your application, or checking pre-reqs or anything like that?

The reason I am asking is because I got an email yesterday (Friday afternoon - of course) that due to my application not being completed on time, it has been cancelled and thank you and goodbye. I was livid and after finally getting in touch with the sender of the email, she said it was a "computer error" and I can just disregard it. When I pointed out that my application has been sitting in limbo, erroneously marked as incomplete, she insisted that this isn't true and that my application has been "under review" this whole time. Frankly, I don't believe her. I received no communication from Pacific between their acknowledgment of my Pharmcas application and notice of how to fill out the supplemental application and the email yesterday canceling my application. Did others get some sort of communication after filling out the supplemental form?

I did, but it was a rejection letter. My rejection letter was "checked" stating to handle my application with more care. I tripled check every page of my pharmcas app and supplemental app before I sent it out. Recently, I have changed my address and I have informed the girl who is in charged of notifying people about applications and guess what...She sent it to my old address! She even acknowledge me that she will use the new address if anything. The girl who handles these things is Kieren Bennett. IMHO, she does not know what she is doing.

When I had an Pacific University Oregon interview last year, she made me look like an idiot when I asked a question in front of all the interviewees and yes I was laughed at...If I were you, keep calling and e-mailing until you are satisfied.

I will not apply to this school again if Kieren is still working there. You know what, I not going to apply to this school anymore due to its lack of professionalism. It's hard to make a first impression the third time. These applications are peoples' lives and futures and the school treats them like advertisements in the mail. Good luck to everybody who is waiting and applying and for the love of God do not get screwed by anybody processing your application. Don't worry about me, I'm happy somewhere else. I had it with this school.
 
Hi, I have an interview on the 25th and I wonder if you guys who already interviewed could me which hotels have public transportation to the university?

Town place suites! Free shuttle to the school and breakfast before, but u get breakfast again on campus anyway. A bit pricey but ull probably have a bunch of ppl interviewing staying there too. A friend recommended not using the max on weekends bc the schedule is a lil funky and it's quite cold at 730 am. The max stops across the street from the building if u do want to use the max. If u stay at town place just remember to use the Orenco station. I used the max from PDX to beaverton and then to Hillsboro stopping at orenco then walked to the hotel, it's not far and u get to see what around to eat and whatnot. 😀
 
Can I ask a quick question to those of you who applied here? Did you get notification of the school reviewing your application, or checking pre-reqs or anything like that?

The reason I am asking is because I got an email yesterday (Friday afternoon - of course) that due to my application not being completed on time, it has been cancelled and thank you and goodbye. I was livid and after finally getting in touch with the sender of the email, she said it was a "computer error" and I can just disregard it. When I pointed out that my application has been sitting in limbo, erroneously marked as incomplete, she insisted that this isn't true and that my application has been "under review" this whole time. Frankly, I don't believe her. I received no communication from Pacific between their acknowledgment of my Pharmcas application and notice of how to fill out the supplemental application and the email yesterday canceling my application. Did others get some sort of communication after filling out the supplemental form?

I received an email confirmation saying they got pharmcas and to please fill our the supplemental by going onto the website itself( there's a link and login etc). Then after completion I got an email saying thanks for completing the supp, ur app is under review. I got an invite in early dec.
 
Town place suites! Free shuttle to the school and breakfast before, but u get breakfast again on campus anyway. A bit pricey but ull probably have a bunch of ppl interviewing staying there too. A friend recommended not using the max on weekends bc the schedule is a lil funky and it's quite cold at 730 am. The max stops across the street from the building if u do want to use the max. If u stay at town place just remember to use the Orenco station. I used the max from PDX to beaverton and then to Hillsboro stopping at orenco then walked to the hotel, it's not far and u get to see what around to eat and whatnot. 😀

Thanks! I'll look into this place!🙂