Part -1 questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quest_life

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) Where the ulnar nerve is easily injured?

2) Fluorodeoxyuridine inhibits?

3)How does p/o ratio alter in mitochondria,when an uncoupler is added?(can someone explain the p/o ratio concept please ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, My exam is in 4 days and i'm still understanding concepts.

Q. Which part of tooth calcifies first?

a. incisal edges
b. cingulum.

Answer given by our professor is a. I am missing something? 1. oldest enamel is in DEJ under the cingulum/cusp tip 2. DEJ is where calcification starts. but 1+1= 3:oops: Could it be possibly because by oldest enamel it is just talking about the enamel and not its calcifications?

Please help!! Thanks in advance

Hi guys, My exam is in 4 days and i'm still understanding concepts.

Q. Which part of tooth calcifies first?

a. incisal edges
b. cingulum.

Answer given by our professor is a. I am missing something? 1. oldest enamel is in DEJ under the cingulum/cusp tip 2. DEJ is where calcification starts. but 1+1= 3:oops: Could it be possibly because by oldest enamel it is just talking about the enamel and not its calcifications?

Please help!! Thanks in advance

hi! i read ur post sevral time and i cant find any diffrence bw 1 & 2 statements the ur prof. said..
ithink u ssume that incial edge is like a cusp..and maybe this where ur problem is.. edj found bebth cigulum and cusp but not beneath the incial edge.. maybe that was the problem :) ?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi! i read ur post sevral time and i cant find any diffrence bw 1 & 2 statements the ur prof. said..
ithink u ssume that incial edge is like a cusp..and maybe this where ur problem is.. edj found bebth cigulum and cusp but not beneath the incial edge.. maybe that was the problem :) ?

Thanks!!

another question

Q. Ds of childhood causing mental ******ation, delayed growth and teeth eruption. what is the reason

a. GH deficiency
b. thyroid hormone deficiency

b is the answer. why not a?

Thanks!!

another question

Q. Ds of childhood causing mental ******ation, delayed growth and teeth eruption. what is the reason

a. GH deficiency

GH affects elongation of bones and metab and not mental ******ation

Thanks!!

another question

a. GH deficiency

thyroid hormone is the most essential hormone needed during fetal life for CNS DEVELOPMENT. HENCE NEONATAL SCREENIG FOR THYIOD DEFICIENCIES IS DONE .COZ THE TREATMENT FOR THYROID HORMONES IS SUITABLE ONLY FOR A SMALL WINDOW PERIOD BFOR ******ATION SETS IN. Other than that th also helps in pubertal growth spurts n bone maturation.

which of the following cytokines stimulates b lymphocytes to differentiate into plasma cells?
IL1
IL2
IL3
IL4
IL5
ans is IL5 ,i thougth it was IL1 which leads to antibody formation,b cell growth
can someone help with this

interaction between the peptide mhc2 complex molecule on the surface of infected bcells with th2 helper cells having complemantary ag-specific receptor same as that of infected b cells causes activation of th2 cells that release IL4/5/6 AND IL10. IL 4/5/6 CAUSE THE B CELLS CLONAL EXPANSION N DIFFERENTIAION INTO PLASMA CELLS WITH SAME ANTIGEN SPECIFICTY AS PARENT B CELLS N B MEMORY CELLS. IL 10 INHIBITS TH1 CELLS.

thyroid Hormone Is The Most Essential Hormone Needed During Fetal Life For Cns Development. Hence Neonatal Screenig For Thyiod Deficiencies Is Done .coz The Treatment For Thyroid Hormones Is Suitable Only For A Small Window Period Bfor ******ation Sets In. Other Than That Th Also Helps In Pubertal Growth Spurts N Bone Maturation.

Also Gh Deficiency Will Not Cause Mental ******ation

interaction between the peptide mhc2 complex molecule on the surface of infected bcells with th2 helper cells having complemantary ag-specific receptor same as that of infected b cells causes activation of th2 cells that release IL4/5/6 AND IL10. IL 4/5/6 CAUSE THE B CELLS CLONAL EXPANSION N DIFFERENTIAION INTO PLASMA CELLS WITH SAME ANTIGEN SPECIFICTY AS PARENT B CELLS N B MEMORY CELLS. IL 10 INHIBITS TH1 CELLS.

these were really difficult for me to remember so i just formed a concept ... not perfect but it does the job. think of some infection. whatever happens around the injury is what triggers the formation of IL. we have infection and the T lymphocyte is there so he says hey look a new guy in college. so he calls other t lymphocytes from his cell phone ( IL1) lol... and just continue doing that. it would be easier. trust me

foll found in epidermis except :
-desmosomes
-capillaries
-mitotic cells ans
-free nerve endings

2) mucosa of floor of mouth: Does it have a submucosa layer?? yes it does stratified squamous non keratinised

3) nerves of anterior abdominal wall lie immediately deep to which layer of wall??
- external oblique
-internal oblique ans
-transversus abdominis
-transversus fascia

4) stratified squamous epithelium present in??
-jejunum
-stomach
-duodenum
-esophagus ans

5) in a section of epiphyseal plate of femur of 18 old male;;which is the zone in which cartilage lacunae appear swollen and chondrocytes are large??
-proliferation
-bone deposition
-reserve cartilage
-cartilage calcification
-hypertrophy and maturation ans

plz help with these questions

thanks[/QUOTE]

foll Found In Epidermis Except :
-desmosomes
-capillaries Dermis Has Capillaries
-mitotic Cells Ans
-free Nerve Endings

2) Mucosa Of Floor Of Mouth: Does It Have A Submucosa Layer?? Yes It Does Stratified Squamous Non Keratinised

3) Nerves Of Anterior Abdominal Wall Lie Immediately Deep To Which Layer Of Wall??
- External Oblique
-internal Oblique Ans
-transversus Abdominis
-transversus Fascia

4) Stratified Squamous Epithelium Present In??
-jejunum
-stomach
-duodenum
-esophagus Ans

5) In A Section Of Epiphyseal Plate Of Femur Of 18 Old Male;;which Is The Zone In Which Cartilage Lacunae Appear Swollen And Chondrocytes Are Large??
-proliferation
-bone Deposition
-reserve Cartilage
-cartilage Calcification
-hypertrophy And Maturation Ans

Plz Help With These Questions

Thanks
[/quote]

Members don't see this ad :)
when an adult with normal occlusion moves the right mandible from maximum intercuspation to right lateral relation,which of the following cusps of maxillary left teeth moves through the facial embrasure between the mandibular left premolar?

cusp: tooth:
A) lingual first premolar
B) facial second premolar
C) lingual second premolar
D) mesiofacial fisrt molar
E) distofacial first molar
the answer is A but why?????????????? somebody explain it plz
thx

In right laterotrusive movement the lingual cusp of a maxillary right second premolar passes through which of the following mandibular structures?
A) facial grrove of the right first molar
B)lingual groove of the right first molar
C)embrasure between the right first premolar and the right second premolar
D)embrasure between the right second premolar and the right first molar
answer is D but why?
please explain it

thx

The rate of ADH secretion increases when:
1- body fluid osmolality increases
2- a large volume of isotonic saline is drunk
3- the extracellular fluid volume is increased
4- the blood pressure is inceased

The rate of ADH secretion increases when:
1- body fluid osmolality increases
2- a large volume of isotonic saline is drunk
3- the extracellular fluid volume is increased
4- the blood pressure is inceased

body fluid osmolarity increases

please somebody help me with the ans of these questions

1-where is the begining of esoghagus ?
under circoid cartilage
upper circoid cartilage

2- what is the most problem in first maxilla extraction?
broken roots
intering to the max sinuse

3-why scratching sensation is slow?
recuintion
summition

4-most good system survival rate in cancer of?
colon
lung
pancraece
esoghagus

5-how the condyle get the nutritions?
diffusion
osmosis

thanks in advance

1) under the cricoid cartilage.
Explanation:Cervical begins at the lower end of pharynx (level of 6th vertebra or lower border of cricoid cartilage) and extends to the thoracic inlet (suprasternal notch); 18 cm from incisors.
The figure below illustrates the correlation between subsite descriptions of the esophagus.

2) entering into maxillary sinus

please somebody help me with the ans of these questions

1-where is the begining of esoghagus ?
under circoid cartilage*
upper circoid cartilage

2- what is the most problem in first maxilla extraction?
broken roots
intering to the max sinuse*

3-why scratching sensation is slow?
recuintion
summition

4-most good system survival rate in cancer of?
colon* not sure
lung
pancraece
esoghagus

5-how the condyle get the nutritions?
diffusion *
osmosis

thanks in advance

post more questions if u have

i have some question too 1-staph.aureus most commonly causes: a-pyoderma b-septicemia c-sore throat d-chronic infection e-exogenous infection 2- the antigenic component of which of the following vaccines is a capsular antigen? a-influenza b-poliovirus c-hepetitis B d-haemophilius influenzae e-mycobacterium tuberculosis

Last edited:
1- where in the mouth there is no mucose and serous gland???
primary plate
secondary plate
uvula
buccal

2- which part of intestin dose not have goblet cell?

i have some question too 1-staph.aureus most commonly causes: a-pyoderma b-septicemia c-sore throat d-chronic infection e-exogenous infection 2- the antigenic component of which of the following vaccines is a capsular antigen? a-influenza b-poliovirus c-hepetitis B d-haemophilius influenzae e-mycobacterium tuberculosis
1- a
2-a
correct me if i am wrong

Assuming that P50 = 26 torrs, under conditions where pO2 = 30 torrs, the average number of O2 molecules bound per hemoglobin molecule is closest to

less than 1.
almost 2.
greater than 2.
greater than 3.

plase explain it why?

primary plate[ans.....guess]
secondary plate
uvula
buccal

ileum [ it contain M cells are found over lymphatics nodules and peyer pathces]

Pls. post ans

Assuming that P50 = 26 torrs, under conditions where pO2 = 30 torrs, the average number of O2 molecules bound per hemoglobin molecule is closest to

less than 1.
almost 2.
greater than 2. [answer]
greater than 3.

plase explain it why?

Because Hemoglobin under situation has capacity to combine with only 2 Hb molecules but as O2 saturation is more here so it has tendency to bind with more than 2

less than 1.
almost 2.
greater than 2. [answer]
greater than 3.

plase explain it why?

Because Hemoglobin under situation has capacity to combine with only 2 Hb molecules but as O2 saturation is more here so it has tendency to bind with more than 2
thanks

the question is trying to test you on u r knowledge of P50...

p 50 is the pressure at which 50% of the binding sites of HB are saturated wth oxygen.

as we knoe that hb has 4 bindig sites so.. that means at p50 which is 26 torr atleast 2 molecules of oxygen are bound to HB.. but now they are asking how many could be bound at pressure 30 torr.. so obviously more than 2/ atleast 2.

only option that matches our requirment is more ttrhn 2. hence the answer

which structure travels jus posterior to arch of azygos vein??

-rt vagus
-left vagus
-hemiazygos vein
-rt lymphatic duct
-greater splanchnic nerve

hey....i hv few questions...i hope sumbdy cn help me out... 1)testosterone is............a)exocrine...b)endocrine c)holocrine d)apocrine.......is b the rite ans 2 ths... 2)which part of kidney is responsible 4 creating hyperosmolarity?.......is the rite ans inner medulla....options wer nt given in d testlet... 3)most common lung cancer arises 4m wic cells? 4)infection caused by wearin contact lenses....ans given was chlamydia...bt in review buk its pseudomonas aeroginosa...

thx a looot

the question is trying to test you on u r knowledge of P50...

p 50 is the pressure at which 50% of the binding sites of HB are saturated wth oxygen.

as we knoe that hb has 4 bindig sites so.. that means at p50 which is 26 torr atleast 2 molecules of oxygen are bound to HB.. but now they are asking how many could be bound at pressure 30 torr.. so obviously more than 2/ atleast 2.

only option that matches our requirment is more ttrhn 2. hence the answer
thanks a lot

which describes GTP binding proteins the best??

-are membrane proteins

-component of
steroid hormone signal transduction

Also one more question ,,are g -proteins self inactivating??

secondary plate
uvula
buccal

Pls. post ans

PLease post answers for these

goblet cells r not present in STOMACH

Ya you are right as:

The term goblet refers to these cells' goblet-like shape. The apical portion is shaped like a cup, as it is distended by abundant mucinogen granules; its basal portion is shaped like a stem, as it is narrow for lack of these granules.
There are other cells which secrete mucus (as in the fundic glands of the stomach), but they are not usually called "goblet cells" because they do not have this distinctive shape.

there are fundic glands present in the stomach to secrete the mucus.

secondary plate
uvula
buccal

Pls. post ans

ans1)Primary palate.

ans2)small intestine have the goblet cells.they are present in the duodenum,jejunum as well as in iielum.............as you can see in this link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_intestine.

In the large intestine Columnar absorptive cells and goblet cells are abundant. Goblet cells are more prevalent in the crypts than along the surface, and their number increases distally toward the rectum. The mucus facilitates the passage of the increasingly solid colonic contents, and covers bacteria and particulate matter. The absorptive cells have short, irregular microvilli, and although they secrete a glycocalyx, it has not been shown to contain digestive enzymes. The absorptive cells actively transport electrolytes. Water is also absorbed as it passively follows the electrolytes. As in the small intestine, undifferentiated cells are found at the base of the crypts

but goblet cells are absent in the Villi.

bicarbonat to co2 is 20:1 , if it becomes 10:1 it means?
- compensate acidosis
- compensate alkalosis

what is the characteristic of micelle in water?

how floride goes out of body?
- by skeletal muscle
- by renal
- both of above

I appreciate your help

which describes GTP binding proteins the best??

-are membrane proteins

-component of
steroid hormone signal transduction

Also one more question ,,are g -proteins self inactivating??

plzz help with these questions

- compensate acidosis
- compensate alkalosis

- by skeletal muscle
- by renal
- both of above

I appreciate your help
ans1) Compensatory acidosis.
One key to distinguish between respiratory and metabolic acidosis is that in respiratory acidosis, the CO2 is increased while the bicarbonate is either normal (uncompensated) or increased (compensated). Compensation occurs if respiratory acidosis is present, and a chronic phase is entered with partial buffering of the acidosis through renal bicarbonate retention.Here the concentration of bicarbonate is decreasing so i think the ans is this......

ans2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micelle.

3) renal.
Like most soluble materials, fluoride compounds are readily absorbed by the intestines and excreted through the urine. Trace amounts are incorporated in bone. Urine tests have been used to ascertain rates of excretion in order to set upper limits in exposure to fluoride compounds and associated detrimental health effects.

So the fluoride goes out of body by kidney.

Please correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:
ans1) Compensatory acidosis.
One key to distinguish between respiratory and metabolic acidosis is that in respiratory acidosis, the CO2 is increased while the bicarbonate is either normal (uncompensated) or increased (compensated). Compensation occurs if respiratory acidosis is present, and a chronic phase is entered with partial buffering of the acidosis through renal bicarbonate retention.Here the concentration of bicarbonate is decreasing so i think the ans is this......

ans2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micelle.

3) renal.
Like most soluble materials, fluoride compounds are readily absorbed by the intestines and excreted through the urine. Trace amounts are incorporated in bone. Urine tests have been used to ascertain rates of excretion in order to set upper limits in exposure to fluoride compounds and associated detrimental health effects.

So the fluoride goes out of body by kidney.

Please correct me if im wrong.
thanksssss

thanksssss

Renal compensation for chronic metabolic alkalosis involves which of the following?

A)An increased tubular synthesis of NH3
B)A partial reabsorption of the filtered HCO3
C)An elevated production of "new" bicarbonate
D)None of these

ans is B
base on these released q i go with compensate alkalosis for first questin

- compensate acidosis
- compensate alkalosis

- by skeletal muscle
- by renal
- both of above

I appreciate your help

In the above question the answer would be :compensatory alkalosis.
not acidosis coz here bicarbonates are decreasing.

plzz help with these questions
with gprotein... there is an gtp ase present that usually inactivates the gprotein and keep its action in control. in certain oncogenes/ bacterial toxins this gtpase activity is inhibited.. making the gproteins IMMORTAL.

I HOPE THIS HELPS U R DOUBT...