Pass/Fail Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prevetter64

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew vet schools' opinion on pass/fail classes. My advisor told me that taking one would not be an issue, but I am not sure about two. I took one last semester already and I want to take another one this semester since it is my last semester. Keep in mind that the class I want to take pass/fail are not prerequisites, not for my major, and not needed for graduation. It is just so that I remain a full time student and is out of interest.

Members don't see this ad.

I suspect it won't be an issue, especially since it's not a pre-req, but the best thing to do it call the schools and ask.

It's not quite the same situation but years ago I took a couple CLEP tests for some gen ed vet school prerequisite classes and my university recorded those courses as pass/fail. I asked admissions at my instate if that was okay (since those courses normally have letter grades and aren't typically P/F) and they said it was fine but those courses wouldn't be able to be used in my GPA for obvious reasons. So my advice for people doing undergrad on scholarship who are thinking of taking CLEP tests is to just go ahead and take the class, since if you are thinking of testing out it should be an easy A that would boost your GPA. If you can save tuition money by testing out, then maybe that is better in the long run though. I figure if they were okay with P/F on pre-requisite classes, your 'for fun' class will be fine...but that was just one school's opinion.