PASS Transcript Processing Time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orthoenthused

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any first-hand knowledge of how long it takes for PASS to process dental school transcripts (i.e. the interval between from date mailed and the date the PASS website says the transcript is "received")? I had to send in my transcript rather late because a grade needed to be corrected, and now I'm getting frantic...

In the worst case scenario, would programs accept an official, sealed transcript send directly to the programs and not through PASS? Anybody have experience with this?

Members don't see this ad.

I had mine sent as soon as grades were released in early June. By July 16, it still didn't show as received. I called them and they didn't have it. They gave me a direct mailing address so I had a copy sent through my school again, and I also picked up a copy from the school and FedEx'ed it there. Both of those showed up, as well as the one that they "lost" somewhere.

Call them and they can check on it for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take PASS to mail out applications after its submitted?

it took PASS almost three weeks to say it mailed my applications out. Ont he hand I got an email from a program thanking me for applying a week earlier than PASS said it mailed my apps out. So who knows. Just my experience.

My transcript was sent from my school on the 20th, and PASS said it was received on the 27th. That's 5 business days. Best thing I did was to make sure on the 21st, that my school actually mailed it out.