**Official 2026 Ortho Pass/Interviews/Match/Non- match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m assuming there is no point in attending any of my remaining non-match interviews as I will definitely be staying in the match. However, should I still attend the non-match interviews (without accepting a non-match position if offered) due to the off chance that I don’t match and a non-match program still needs to fill the spot? Or am I grasping at straws?
If it were me I would still attend the non-match interviews
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If someone doesn’t match into an ortho program, is it generally better to enter the workforce or complete a GPR/AEGD? Do program directors tend to favor continued academic involvement or real-world experience?
 
Hey everyone!
Is there any chance anyone interviewing at Jacksonville on October 20th would be willing to switch to an earlier interview slot that same day? Mine’s currently at 5:30 PM, but I have another interview the next morning (the 21st) and my only decent flight out is at 7:30 PM.
I’m honestly so nervous I won’t make it in time, and I’d be eternally grateful if someone was willing to trade! Please message me if you’d be open to switching — I’d seriously owe you one!! 🙏
 
Hi!! Is there anyone who has an interview at Marquette on Wednesday October 22nd that could possible switch to the Tuesday the 21st interview? I would really appreciate it!!
 
Hey everyone!
Is there any chance anyone interviewing at Jacksonville on October 20th would be willing to switch to an earlier interview slot that same day? Mine’s currently at 5:30 PM, but I have another interview the next morning (the 21st) and my only decent flight out is at 7:30 PM.
I’m honestly so nervous I won’t make it in time, and I’d be eternally grateful if someone was willing to trade! Please message me if you’d be open to switching — I’d seriously owe you one!! 🙏
 
I’m assuming there is no point in attending any of my remaining non-match interviews as I will definitely be staying in the match. However, should I still attend the non-match interviews (without accepting a non-match position if offered) due to the off chance that I don’t match and a non-match program still needs to fill the spot? Or am I grasping at straws?
If you're offered a non-match position and end up rejecting it, I highly doubt that the program would offer you that spot again even if they still need spots filled after the match.
 
If you're offered a non-match position and end up rejecting it, I highly doubt that the program would offer you that spot again even if they still need spots filled after the match.
I think what he would do is if someone drops a post-match non-match spot and he gets offered it, it would be worth it if he didn't have a program to match with.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I was wondering, is it expected to arrive at the beginning and stay till the end of a social? What’s the etiquette?
Usually expected to arrive at the beginning but don't have to stay until the end. Most people trickle out to rest/prep for the interview the next day. I personally, don't think any more or less of applicant that stays till the end versus leaving earlier.
 
Last edited:
Does the number of schools interviewed at affect the match? Let’s say you interviewed at 3 schools.. does that affect the likely hood of matching at your #2 or #3 spot vs if you interviewed at 7+ schools?
 
Does the number of schools interviewed at affect the match? Let’s say you interviewed at 3 schools.. does that affect the likely hood of matching at your #2 or #3 spot vs if you interviewed at 7+ schools?
No, not for your ranking.

Basically, rank all of the programs you want to attend and rank them in order of your preference.

More interviews mean a higher likelihood of becoming an orthodontist.
 
8/10/25 (email) Iowa, Interview 9/19 with a social on 9/18
2. 8/19/25 (email) Seton Hill, Interview on 9/12 with a social on 9/11
3. 8/22/25 (email) UIC, Interview dates 10/1,10/2,10/3 with socials 10/1 or 10/2
4. 8/26/25 (email) CTOR Academy, Interview 9/18/25, with social on 9/17/25
5. 8/27/25 (email) Indiana, Interview dates 10/6, 10/7, with social on 10/6
6. 9/2/25 (email) Nebraska, Interview dates 9/25 or 9/26, with social on 9/24 or 9/25
7. 9/2/25 (email) Colorado for 10/2, 10/3 and 10/6 dates with social on 10/2
8. 9/3/25 (email) Tufts, Interview dates 10/8, 10/9, 10/10, with social on 10/7, 10/8, 10/9
9. 9/3/25 (email) LSU, Interview dates 10/16 or 10/17 with social on 10/16
10. 9/3/25 (email) Houston, Interview dates 10/16 or 10/17 with social on 10/15 or 10/16
11. 9/4/25 (email) UAB, Interview dates 10/16 or 10/17
12. 9/5/25 (email) Tufts (second round), Interview dates 10/8, 10/9, 10/10, with social on 10/7, 10/8, 10/9
13. 9/5/25 (email) BU (Boston), Interview dates 9/31, 10/3 or 10/4 with social on 10/3
14. 9/8/25 (email) Harvard, Interview dates 10/17 with social 10/16
15. 9/8/25 (phone call) Tennessee, Interview dates 10/10 or 10/13, with social on 10/09 or 10/12
16. 9/8/25 (email) Rochester, Interview dates September 25-October 30, with social on the same day
17. 9/9/25 (email) Case Western, Interview dates 10/29 pm or 10/30 am, with social on 10/29
18. 9/9/25 (email) Saint Louis, Interview dates 10/9, 10/10, 10/14, or 10/15 with socials on 10/8, 10/9, 10/13, or 10/14
19. 9/9/25 (email) OHSU, Interview dates 10/10 or 10/13 with social on 10/9 or 10/12
20. 9/10/25 (email) Montefiore, Interview dates 10/14 and 10/16
21. 9/10/25 (call) Loma Linda, Interview dates 10/6 and 10/7
22. 9/11/25 (call) UNC, Interview dates 10/6 and 10/7
23. 9/11/25 (call) Michigan, Interview dates 10/6 or 10/13 with socials on 10/5 or 10/12
24. 9/12/25 (call) Texas A&M, Interview dates 10/21,10/22,10/23
25. 9/15/25 (email) OSU, Interview date 10/20 with social on 10/19
26. 9/15/25 (email) UMKC, Interview date 10/20 with social on 10/19
27. 9/15/25 (phone call) UCLA, Interview date 10/08 with social on 10/07
28. 9/16/25 (email) UF, Interview date 10/13 with social on 10/12
29. 9/16/25 (email) Nova, Interview date 10/23
30. 9/16/25 (email) Pittsburgh, Interview date- 10/17, social on 10/16
31. 9/16/25 (email) MUSC, interview date 10/16 or 10/17, social on 10/16
32. 9/17/25 (email) SIU, Interview date - 10/24
33. 9/17/25 (email) ASDOH, Interview dates 10/13 or 10/14
34. 9/17/25 (email) Louisville, Interview dates 10/16 or 10/17 with a social the night before
35. 9/19/25 (email) Rutgers, Interview dates 10/16 or 10/17 with social the night before
36. 9/19/25 (phone call) UoP, Interview date 10/13 & 10/14 with social on 10/12
37. 9/19/25 (email) NYU will be sending invites on 10/3 for interview dates of 11/6 or 11/7
38. 9/20/25 (email) Washington, Interview date 10/13 with social on 10/12
39. 9/22/25 (call) Albert Einstein Medical Center, interview date 10/22
40. 9/22/25 (email) Columbia Interview dates 10/20, 10/21 with social the week before
41. 9/23/25 (email) Saint Barnabas, interview date 10/15 or 10/16, Social on 10/15
42. 9/23/25 (email) Temple, Interview dates 10/26 or 11/3 with socials the night before
43. 9/23/25 (email) UCSF, Interview date 10/14 with social the evening of 10/13
44. 9/24/25 (email) UNLV, Interview date 10/13 or 10/14 with social 10/13
45. 9/24/25 (email) Maryland, Interview date 10/30 with social the night before
46. 9/24/25 (email) VCU, Interview date 10/23 full day and 10/24 half day
47. 9/24/25 (phone call) BronxCare, Interview date 10/15 AM or 10/16 AM/PM
48. 9/24/25 (email) Maimonides, Interview date 11/04
49. 9/25/25 (email) West Virginia, interview date 10/27, social 10/26
50. 9/25/25 (call) Roseman, interview date 10/22 or 10/23, social 10/22 PM
51. 9/25/25 (email) University of Detroit Mercy, interview date 11/6 or 11/7
52. 9/26/25 (email) University of Buffalo: Interview date 10/24 or 10/27
53. 9/26/25 (email) University of Minnesota: Interview date 10/20 social the day before
54. 9/29/25 (email) Stony Brook: Interview date 10/23, social 10/22
55. 9/29/25 (email) Touro College of Dental Medicine: Interview dates 10/23 or 10/30 with socials the night before
56. 9/30/25 (email) University of Minnesota (second batch): Interview date 10/20 with social 10/19
57. 9/30/25 (email) Georgia School of Orthodontics, Interview Dates 10/6-10/10 virtual
58. 10/01/25 (email) NYU, interview date 11/7, with social night before
59. 10/01/25 (email) Upenn, interview dates 10/21 or 10/29 with social the night before
60. 10/02/25 (email) Marquette, interview dates Oct 20, Oct 21, Oct 22
61. 10/02/25 (email) UConn, interview dates 10/29 or 10/30 with socials the night before
62. 10/03/25 (email) University of Kentucky, interview date 10/31 with social the night before
63. 10/07/25 (email) UT San Antonio, interview date 11/03, 11/04 with social night before
64. 10/8/25 (phone call) Medstar Washington Hospital Center, interview date 10/25 with social the night before.
65. 10/8/25 (email) University of Western Ontario, interview date Oct 29th
66. 10/9/25 (email) University of Toronto, interview date Oct 24th
67. 10/9/25 (email) JU, interview 10/20 or 10/21 with social 10/19
68. 10/12/25 (email) USC, interview 11/3 with social 11/2
69. 10/22/25 (email) Howard, Interview 11/5 Online
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does the number of schools interviewed at affect the match? Let’s say you interviewed at 3 schools.. does that affect the likely hood of matching at your #2 or #3 spot vs if you interviewed at 7+ schools?

No.

The golden rule to matching is if a program has X number of spots filled through the match, then you must be ranked at spot #X or anywhere lower than #X on their list to guarantee matching. So if they have 4 spots, your name has to be listed at spot #4, 3, 2, or 1 and you will 100% be guaranteed to match at a program. Since you have no way of knowing for sure where the program has ranked you in their list, the more interviews you have, the more chances of being ranked high enough on someone's list to match. That's why you hear about people who had 1 interview and matched and others who had 10+ interviews and didn't match. (I'm too far removed to know if the 10+ interviews/no match scenario happens anymore.)
 
Last edited:
Are we sending thank you emails to schools after interviewing? Or in contact with admissions?
 
If you write a thank you email to the director and chair, but don't get a response back, is that usually a sign that they may not rank you high? 🙁
Imagine they are probably getting 30 something of these at the end of their interview days. I think it’s more common for them not to answer than for them to do so haha
 
If you write a thank you email to the director and chair, but don't get a response back, is that usually a sign that they may not rank you high? 🙁
No, not getting a response does not signify anything. The program director and chair have to be neutral in their responses so they do not violate the match rules, and they might also be swamped with emails. Also, the candidates may raise concerns after match day, arguing that the email response was favorable but that they did not match. Do not stress over not getting a response.
 
Haven't heard from Eastman yet, and not sure when they're going out. They had their last day of interviews this past Thursday though. What did you think of the program/interview experience? I interviewed there last Tuesday. Seems like a pretty busy 2-year program. Dr. Rossouw also seems like a gem!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haven't heard from Eastman yet, and not sure when they're going out. They had their last day of interviews this past Thursday though. What did you think of the program/interview experience? I interviewed there last Tuesday. Seems like a pretty busy 2-year program. Dr. Rossouw also seems like aI agrr

Haven't heard from Eastman yet, and not sure when they're going out. They had their last day of interviews this past Thursday though. What did you think of the program/interview experience? I interviewed there last Tuesday. Seems like a pretty busy 2-year program. Dr. Rossouw also seems like a gem!
I agree—everyone was so friendly. The program is strong both academically and clinically, and there are lots of patients, which means lots of learning opportunities. It is a two-year, financially reasonable program.
 
For those asking about Canadian schools: seems like everything is proceeding quite slowly due to high volume of applications. I contacted Western University directly and confirmed they haven't sent out anything yet, neither has Toronto (Toronto's website says that they can send out invites anywhere from late September to mid October). I reached out to Manitoba and haven't heard back from them yet. I did not apply to Alberta so no info there. Oh and Western said they will notify you for both if you get an interview and if you don't Good luck everyone!
Has any of the Canadian schools sent out acceptances? Or rejections?
 
Yes they all sent out yesterday (except BC because it's match). Toronto sent a rejection. Haven't heard from Western but a first-year resident that I know there said the three people have accepted.
 
Has Eastman sent acceptances yet/does anyone know their ETA for when they are going out?
Someone posted on instagram saying that they were offered the admission for the two-year program. The email or acceptance letter (I am not sure which one) on the post stated November 4th, so I'm assuming everyone who were given an offer received it November 4th via email.