This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrJen_62

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I don't understand the answers for these questions and I was hoping someone on here could help :)
upload_2017-7-12_15-41-57.png

ANSWER ^: (A)

upload_2017-7-12_15-42-6.png

ANSWER ^: (C)

upload_2017-7-12_15-42-41.png

ANSWER ^: (D)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I don't understand the answers for these questions and I was hoping someone on here could help :)
View attachment 221302

ANSWER ^: (A)

I'll cover this first one: In the end view we see there is a triangular indentation running throughout the length of the object. The peak of that indentation should be visible from the top view as a single (dotted) line indicating a change in depth approximately 1/3th into the rectangular part of the object. This lets us eliminate C and D right away: D has nothing to indicate the presence of that indentation, and C has more dotted lines than should be present for a single indentation. This leaves us with A and B, and the two are very similar, so whatever the minor difference is will determine the correct answer. The two triangles in answer choice A are closer together to the point that the are merged together slightly before their bases. In answer choice B, the two triangles are immediately adjacent but not merged. By looking at the end and then front view, we can tell that these "triangles" are actually cones, and that they should indeed be somewhat merged rather than side by side without directly touching. This eliminates answer choice B.

Reactions: 1 user