This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmabro

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a short list of some things that I have done to prepare for my PCAT and I didn't feel were too time consuming or stressful, as some of the other methods can be. First off my scores:
Bio-418-69%
Chem-426-82%
CR-415-82%
QR-420-82%
Composite-420-81%

To prepare for bio I read and took notes over the bio section in a 3 year old Kaplan book. This was quite extensive and much more than was necessary, but bio being my weakest point I felt I needed it. A quick tip to get a solid foundation for bio is to watch the crash course human anatomy series on youtube. This provides a great basis to begin studying the bio portion of the pcat and can be an easy 10 min study break during a long study session.

For chemistry I had taken organic already so this was not a major area of emphasis for me. I did, however, read over the kaplan chemistry portion and it again seemed a bit too much, but was also really helpful to pick up some key points that I had forgotten.

To prepare for reading I recommend simply reading more and reading often. I wouldn't try to read scientific articles or anything specific just read for enjoyment to increase your speed and comprehension.

To study for quantitative reasoning I used the pearson practice tests. This was by far the best decision I made when preparing for the pcat. Although they are pricy I 100% recommend purchasing all 3 and taking them about once per week leading up to the test, then reviewing what you missed in each section.

That was everything that I did to prepare for the test. I spent maybe 4 hour per week for about 8-10 weeks leading up to the exam. I only purchased 2 pearson tests as I was short on time after making the decision to purchase them but if I could go back I would buy all 3 for sure.
 
Last edited:
This is a short list of some things that I have done to prepare for my PCAT and I didn't feel were too time consuming or stressful, as some of the other methods can be. First off my scores:
Bio-418-69%
Chem-426-82%
CR-415-82%
QR-420-82%
Composite-420-81%

That was everything that I did to prepare for the test. I spent maybe 4 hour per week for about 8-10 weeks leading up to the exam. I only purchased 2 pearson tests as I was short on time after making the decision to purchase them but if I could go back I would buy all 3 for sure.
It seems to me that you could of do better because you said your spend 8-10 weeks of studying. I don't see the success here if none of subject you got 90 or above. No offense, I am just wondering🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems to me that you could of do better because you said your spend 8-10 weeks of studying. I don't see the success here if none of subject you got 90 or above. No offense, I am just wondering🙂

Except they only did 4 hours a week for 8-10 weeks, not 4 hours a day for 8-10 weeks. Pretty good for not studying too long!