PCOM- Atlanta, Georgia Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does everyone get an email if accepted? I haven't gotten anything yet :(

Just emailed Buffie...

Members don't see this ad.

To the girls interviewing tomorrow - good luck! I may just happen to stop by to say hello......

Thanks again for stopping by Lori! You were so helpful. I absolutely loved GA-PCOM! So I guess now I've just gotta sit back and wait!

Congrats on all of the acceptances! :hardy:

Thanks again for stopping by Lori! You were so helpful. I absolutely loved GA-PCOM! So I guess now I've just gotta sit back and wait!

Congrats on all of the acceptances! :hardy:

I'm glad you enjoyed your time! It was really nice to meet you :) Oh, did you enjoy watching us put IV's into dummy arms? It was a really cool lab to do....

I heard that Shaylee and Maya convinced everyone in your group on the tour that GA-PCOM was the place to be! They are both good friends of mine....

Members don't see this ad :)
Allisome: who interviewed you guys, and what did you think of the place?

i HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME TIME TODAY! I LOVE YOUR SCHOOL AND YOU ALL WERE ABSOLUTELY GREAT! (ok i'l lose the caps because it was lookin a little too enthusiastic) but really thank you all so much. guess sit back and wait is all that i can do now

oh and it was really nice to meet you today alison
and congrats on all the acceptances

Allisome: who interviewed you guys, and what did you think of the place?

It was Dr. Owen and Dr. Aduonum (aka Dr. A). They were both women and were both really nice. I really liked GA-PCOM overall. Obviously the fact that everything is really new is a big plus, and I liked the different feel that the inside of the school had. The bright colors and modern architecture aren't what you'd expect when walking into a medical school. I also enjoyed the genuine enthusiasm I saw in the students, and the faculty and staff seemed to really have pride in the the College. There's no doubt in my mind that I would receive nothing but the best education there! Oh, and Buffy was freaking hilarious. She had me laughing the entire time. But now I just have to wait...and it might be a long time til I find out anything...maybe up to 4 weeks they said. :(

It was nice meeting you too Alison! Hope your ride back to LA wasn't too long!

Does anyone know if there is a seperate code for the Georgia campus of PCOM on the FAFSA? I can't find one, but I really don't want to mess this up!

Does anyone know if there is a seperate code for the Georgia campus of PCOM on the FAFSA? I can't find one, but I really don't want to mess this up!

its pcom's number...no separate number.

I interviewed on February 21 and got an acceptance email this past tuesday. Hope to see some of you on April 5!

awesome. Thanks Jwalker! I'll be visiting you campus next Wednesday, and I'm excited!

I interviewed on February 21 and got an acceptance email this past tuesday. Hope to see some of you on April 5!

did you get a letter in the mail too?

I keep trying to call buffie (even sent her emails) but can't get through to anyone. I havent heard anything and it has now been over 4 weeks :(

oh well

Members don't see this ad :)
did you get a letter in the mail too?

I keep trying to call buffie (even sent her emails) but can't get through to anyone. I havent heard anything and it has now been over 4 weeks :(

oh well

They said the official letter should be coming in soon. I think they sent the email ahead of time to warn about the $250 and $2000 deposits due in April to secure your slot. Don't wory I had to wait 5 weeks, and after April 15 slots should open up from people who decline their acceptances.

Well I have my first interview coming up on April 7th. Excited would be the understatement of the year. The PCOM-GA facilities seem to be superb and the 2 students I had met were quite professional (and doubly serious), but all the more happy that they were there. Wish me luck.

Well I have my first interview coming up on April 7th. Excited would be the understatement of the year. The PCOM-GA facilities seem to be superb and the 2 students I had met were quite professional (and doubly serious), but all the more happy that they were there. Wish me luck.

It's really a very impressive facility. It was *nothing* like what I expected. The interview is very chill. You'll have a great time.

Is PCOM-GA still interviewing? I really want a interview.

anybody who got acceptance email got "acceptance mail"?

I haven't received yet.

If they mailed on tuesday, don't y'll think we should receive it by now?

anybody who got acceptance email got "acceptance mail"?

I haven't received yet.

If they mailed on tuesday, don't y'll think we should receive it by now?

I got my letter yesterday, but I live in Georgia so that's probably why it was quick...

I live in GA too and only 2 hrs from ATL

I live in GA too and only 2 hrs from ATL

i live in augusta too, and trust me, mail getting here is slow! even from atlanta, its slow. youll probably get it monday or tuesday if everyone else got it friday or saturday

Is PCOM-GA still interviewing? I really want a interview.

I know that we have interview dates set up until the end of April/beginning of May. I'm not sure where they are at on inviting at this point though. I am part of the ambassador program, so I have to organize all the student tours given on campus. The last date I have on my schedule for interviews right now is May 7. Don't take that as set in stone. The ambassadors just help give tours to interviewees and promote the campus. They can change those dates based on the interview season and I may not know yet. Things will get a lot more solidified once April 15th deadline rolls around. Hope that helps!

Anybody got put on the waitlist, recently?

For everyone going to the Welcome Reception tomorrow...is the attire dressy or casual???

I interviewed in mid-February and I have yet to hear anything....even if I get waitlisted, shouldn't they send me something before April 15th to let me know?? Is anyone else still in the same boat?? I guess I'll call later on this week and hopefully hear some good news!;)

Hello guys! I got accepted into PCOM-GA on the 29th of March!!!! woot woot! Can't wait to join you guys in August!
I wasn't able to make it to the 'Meet and Greet' today.:(

For those of you who were able to go to the event, how was it?? Did I miss anything important??

How to send 2000 usd to GAPCOM?

Just enclose the check or moneyorder via overnightmail?

Those of you have received BINDER, have you recieved STUDENT ID ?
If so, y'll can use that for avoiding any mistakes.

What about us?

How to send 2000 usd to GAPCOM?

Just enclose the check or moneyorder via overnightmail?

Those of you have received BINDER, have you recieved STUDENT ID ?
If so, y'll can use that for avoiding any mistakes.

What about us?

credit card for $2000 or you can mail the check. I believe you get your student ID during orientation and binder should be on your way.

Hello guys! I got accepted into PCOM-GA on the 29th of March!!!! woot woot! Can't wait to join you guys in August!
I wasn't able to make it to the 'Meet and Greet' today.:(

For those of you who were able to go to the event, how was it?? Did I miss anything important??

It was a fun event. Met a lot of classmates, a few professors. It was especially cool to be able to put some faces to names. Nice to meet all of you. Had a mini-intro to OMM and demonstration, lunch, tour, etc. Good stuff, but i think orientation on Aug 15 will be more than adequate to acclimate you to everything. Congrats! See ya then!

Sent in my 2 G's today. I'll be walking funny from that for a while.

Sent in my 2 G's today. I'll be walking funny from that for a while.

I just wrote out the check when I found out we cant phone it in very easily. TT, did you overnight it like they said, or just send regular mail? Not sure whether I should drive to the post office to send it or just drop it in the mail box since we still have a week. BTW, I had a great time at the luncheon the other day. Good turn out and it was nice to meet everyone. Looking forward to August :cool:

Which address should the 2Gs be sent to? The same one (in Philly) as the $250 deposit?

its okay to send a personal check right? It doesnt have to be a cashiers check or anything? Sorry, id look all this up it my paperwork, but I'm out of town.

You guys are silly...seems like we are going to have a lot of fun next year!

How long it took for yours 250 dollars and documents to reach PCOM by businesss reply mail provided.

I mailed it on 04/01/08 and they haven't recieved until monday.
TODAY THEIR PHONE SYSTEM HAS FAILED as per GA CAMPUS.

How long it took for yours 250 dollars and documents to reach PCOM by businesss reply mail provided.

I mailed it on 04/01/08 and they haven't recieved until monday.
TODAY THEIR PHONE SYSTEM HAS FAILED as per GA CAMPUS.
Y2K!!!!

I sent a letter of intent, but they didn't get it until my acceptance was already in the mail.

i sent thank you notes to my interviewers and to Buffie Gideon. i inerviewed a couple of weeks ago and am yet to hear back. however, they told us if we were not rejected it would be 4-6 weeks before we would hear back.

if it helps, at the luncheon Saturday they said there were still about 8 spots left and that they expected that number to increase after the April 15th deposit deadline. Good luck to those waiting. I got my big deposit in the mail today. It stings but feels good at the same time.

I'll be walking funny from that deposit until school starts.